[JRP] Besart x Mwezi: Whatcha doin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 am
User Image Besart let out a cute mewling yawn and stretched his body to the max. Blinking drowsily at the cave ceiling he wondered what he could get up to--um, what he could do for the day. Golden eyes narrowed in thought while his left paw made a slow movement to his left ear for a scratch. Faint snores of his siblings and parents rang through the quiet morning air. It wasn't a surprise that Besart was the first up as he generally took naps during the day to compensate.

His tummy rumbled loudly and almost angrily. "Fooooewd." He moaned dramatically and quietly. He had learned a while ago never to wake one of his siblings when they were still sleeping... bad things happened...bad things. He shuddered at a particular memory. He stood up and shook himself more awake. "WHELP~" He let the 'p' pop at the end of the word as he looked around the outside of the cavehome before singing out. "Brekkie time~!"

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:09 pm
User ImageMwezi'Nuru was up early and practicing her dancing. Since coming to live with Dahabu'Chunuka, she had been spending more time hunting than dancing. She was getting to be a much better hunter, since she had to do it for a whole pride instead of just herself. The amount of practice she was getting to sharpen her skills and the fact that she cared more if others starved than herself was a nice combination for making a great huntress out of her. Of course the fact that she could move with graceful fluid motions and thus did not make a lot of noise when walking, helped with this.

Right now, though, was her time. Nobody else was really up, so she could be out here, with her bangles on her paws and dance to her heart's content. Dah had said that the pride did not dance and had called her dancing odd when he first saw it, so she was going to make sure to do it on her own time before the pride was up. She did not want to offend anyone. Although, she did plan to teach her own cubs to dance some day, perhaps some of the other cubs once she was settled in the pride more and everyone accepted her.

One did not just come into a pride and expect to change everything overnight! That was not only unrealistic, but rather rude. Mwezi would hate to be rude. She stopped her dancing to take a bit of a breather and get some water. When she did so, she saw an approaching youth. He was up very early compared to the others. But he was in the safety of the pride so this was not unheard of for cubs to roam around a bit without a parent or guardian right there. "Good morning, young one." Mwezi's voice was musical and soft as she spoke.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:27 pm
It been tough but finally he had survived and came out the victor. Besart happily munched on some fruit he had 'hunted' down by the watering hole. The faint sound of metal tinkling chimed nicely throughout the air and Besart paused in his chewing as well as walking to listen closely. "Oh," Besart took in the grown female before him. "'ullo there." He paused shyly before continuing as females made him nervous. "I like your bangles and the moon on your forehead."

He didn't wander to close incase he had to make a quick exit. She didn't look familiar, though he wasn't too familiar with everyone in the pride. The numbers seem to be growing each day. "I'm Besart, some call me Bee for shorts." He beamed out a welcoming smile. "Who are you?"

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:22 pm
Mwezi'Nuru's smile grew at the compliment and welcoming smile. It was always a joy to have such good manners in a cub. She was sure he had embarrassed himself with the compliment as he looked a bit nervous, but he was sincere and that was what counted to her. The grey and white lioness gave one of her paws a shake to make the bangles click. She rather liked the sound herself. Her reasoning was more for the beat, but it was still something in common with the cub. "Why thank you, Bee. I like my bangles very much..."

Mwezi did find it a tiny bit embarrassing that her fur had been complimented in anyway, but she was getting much better at hiding that. "The moon on my forehead is a marking from my father's family I believe. I do not know them well." She tried to keep that from being an awkward statement by continuing. "You are a very pleasant color. I had never seen anyone with such tans and browns until I came here. Almost everyone I have ever seen has some bright or very different colored marking on them." She did not mean that as an insult to the pride. She rather liked the differences they had here.

"My name is Mwezi'Nuru. Most call me Mwezi." Mwezi sat down and watched the young lion for signs of panic. She was afraid that she might scare him. She really did not want that, especially when she had not been in the pride very long. "I joined the pride recently... I stayed to be with Dahabu'Chunuka who was born here." She wondered what had the cub up so early, but decided it was not something she should ask just yet. Give it a bit of time before she let her curiosity get the better of her.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 am
Besart was almost distracted not only on the sound but by the shininess of the bangles..sooo pretty. He blinked and listened as the female continued to speak. "Ooh," He spoke sadly at the thought of not knowing ones family. "Sorry to hear 'bout your family... Thankyou!" He chirped out the last word. "I got it from MY mommy and daddy. Oh, well I've only been here so I don't know 'bout other places." He giggled and bowed cutely. "Nice to meet you Mw..mwezi-um. Mwezi~!" He stopped there before continuing. "Oh, never heard of himm...or her. So you saw the pride land older members for joinin'? I saw some members do that a'for (before). I can take you there if you want, it's close to my home~"

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm
"It is very nice to meet you as well, Bee." Mwezi chuckled at the cub. "Dahabu did have me speak to the older members about staying... he is quite happy to have me here and wanted to make sure I did not get chased out. I am a hunter as is he." She wondered how easy it was for someone to get lost in this pride. Dahabu was convinced nobody noticed him and this cub did not know him. Then again, Dahabu did seem like the type to keep to himself, so it might be more his doing than anything else that nobody knew who he was. Poor Dahabu was his own downfall with how abrasive he could be.

Mwezi shrugged at the cub's apology. "My father and his family lived in another pride, my mother and I lived in a different one. It is not so uncommon. I am sure he and my siblings are well and happy there. I have seen a few places in my travels... I think it is worth traveling a little, if only to see the interesting things elsewhere before settling down. The pride I came from had many members that wore things like my bangles to jingle while they danced..." She smiled softly and thought of her mother dancing still among the pride. It made her happy to think her mother was going to be dancing for many years yet.

"There were instruments to play and singers... music was everywhere for us to dance to. I have noticed the lack of such here." She wondered if the cub had ever even seen someone dance or heard music. It was so strange to think that he had not, but Dah had not, so likely neither had this cub. Mwezi was tempted to try teaching cubs dancing immediately, but she figured such things would have to wait as she was new to the pride. She did know that she would teach HER cubs to dance one day. Even if they did not turn out to be very talented at it, she wanted them to know the basics.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm
"Oh, okay then!" Besart wiggled his bum to the bet inside his head. He enjoyed dancing, singing, and generally doing things that envolved burning a lot of energy. "Neat! My mama and daddy are hunters too. Is Dah..Dahabu your mate?" He looked up at her curiously. "Do you kiss lots? I know my mommy and daddy do that. I think its gross-" He wrinkled his nose cutely. "Cooties!"

He tilted his head while listening once more. "Oh so you didn't live with your daddy? That's a bummer--your a dancer!?" He was awed. "I love to dance andand sing! I need lots of practice but I do it for fun. Maybe you can start a group of singers and musicers!"

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:29 pm
"Dahabu is to be my mate, yes." Mwezi brightened considerably at the fact that not only did the cub know what dancing was, but he could do it, even if only a little. Perhaps this pride was not so strange after all! She chuckled a little at the comments about kissing. "Dahabu is not one for a lot of affection publicly... but we have our moments." Cubs that believed in cooties were so common that the comment should not have been as amusing as it was. "You get immune to cooties when you grow up."

She probably should not have been feeding his belief in cooties, but eh, at least she was doing so in a way that was not really damaging. "I did not live with my father... I met him once when he asked if I wanted to go with him or stay with my mother. He was very kind as I remember but it was a very long time ago... yes, I am a dancer. In the pride I was raised in one whom is a dancer dedicates their life to that. When the pride has need of us for other things we do that, but any spare moment is spent practicing... which is what I was doing up so early this morning."

Mwezi's eyes were bright with her excitement at the idea of a group for such things here. "I am not the best with instruments... but I am okay at singing... my dancing is my strong point. Dahabu says it is strange... but I think he likes watching me." She giggled a little at that. The male was so difficult sometimes. He thought it was 'weird' and swore he'd never seen it before, but she had caught him watching her more than once. "I learned to dance from my mother. She is the best dancer I know...Much better than I am. Perhaps you would like to learn a bit of the dancing I know?"  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 pm
"Oh cool," Besart nodded his head and found himself becoming distracted by a butterfly floating upon a semi-strong breeze. "'Kay I'll take your word for it on the grownup stuff and oh I see." He nodded listening her talk about her family, while looking at the blue butterfly landing on his nose. He went crosseyed."Practicin' can be fun, but you hafta be careful not to do it all the time or else you'll get bored... at least its like that for me."

Besart sneezed, therefore causing the bug to fly away from his nose, "Sure I wouldn't mind some lessons~ Maybe I will tell some friends or family about you-" The faint calling of his parents caused his ears to twitch in that direction. "Oh, that's my mom! I'm sorry Mwezi, I gotta go back now or else my mom won't be too happy with me." He smiled cutely. "I'm sure I'll see you again especially if you do teach dancin' lessons!" Besart lifted his paw in farewell.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:53 pm
"I have never found anything boring in it, but then I find practicing fun." Mwezi was a little disappointed that the cub had to leave, but at the same time she did not want him in trouble with his mother. "If you wish lessons, I would be honored to teach you." She wished the cub could stay longer, but knew that even she would have to get going soon to have breakfast with Dahabu and set out hunting for the pride. She had a routine with her mate already and that was something she did not want to break.

Mwezi waved to the cub, making her bangles click against each other. "Get back to your mother, so she does not worry. It was a pleasure to meet you, Bee, and I do hope I will see you again, young one." And as the cub left, so did she. The lioness headed back toward the den she shared with Dahabu, wondering what he would make of someone in his pride wanting to learn to dance from her. Maybe she could use it as an excuse to get him to dance? She thought maybe she should not press her luck.

Tara de Draiocht
(((OOC: I would call it Fin here.)))  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out