Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 am
User Image

Awendela Kalisetsi was a quiet girl.

She never initiated conversations, especially with strangers, and if anything, she tended to avoid those outside of her own family. There were times when peer pressure may have pulled her into a social circle, but like all the others, she would wriggle herself out of it.

Thank goodness she'd always had her parents to comfort her. To shelter her against the new world she was growing into, and keep her locked away. However, life wasn't meant to be like this forever. Awen knew that sooner or later, her parents would have another litter. When the time came, her prescence would not longer be welcomed within the family home on a permanent basis and she would have to move out. Maybe even find a mate of her own!

The thought sent shivers up her spine. A mate? Oh no no no no. That was just...

Awendela shivered once more before padding her way back to her parents den. As much as she was hoping this wouldn't be the last time she walked this familiar path, she had a feeling...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:24 am
User ImageThey'd found an older den - The last time Huong had seen this one, their five youngest were only juveniles. So it needed a bit of cleaning... She used some branches to help clean out the old dust, and even used snarls and claws to chase out any squatters. At least there weren't badgers in it - The first time they'd seen the den they'd used when the first litter had reached adolescence, there had been a family of badgers living in it. They'd found a new den that year. Now... She let out a sigh, sitting down with a smile. "Dongo... I think it's time for more cubs!"

User ImageThe gold lion nearly tripped over his own paws. Huong had certainly come a long way from when they were adolescents... A VERY long way... Very... VERY long... But she could still be very... To the point? He wasn't sure that was the right term. He stared at her in bewilderment. "And you came to this conclusion how...?" How would THOSE cubs turn out? He remembered ALL too well how Rajeev had come out... Deeply confused and frustrated. And then Odakota and Shiriki... He sat down hard and started to say something, when he spied Awendela. Oh, blissful distraction! "Good afternoon, Awen!" He got up and went over, rumbling as he greeted their daughter.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 am
Awendela came bouncing up the terrain as soon as she'd seen her parents, but upon hearing her father, a large smile broke out on her face. She almost tripped over a rock in her mad dash to get to him. "Father!" The young adult wasted no time in going to his side, brushing up against him with a contented smile.

Of course, she was even happier when she saw her mother, and when she'd lovingly greeted her mother as well, she stepped back to survey the area. "This place looks really familiar," Awen pondered. Her memory wasn't the best in the world, but something was definately pulling at her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm
Sharing a look with Dongo, Huong smiled happily as she turned back to their daughter. "Of course it's familiar, you slept in here once!" She got back up, going back in to finish cleaning it out. "And it's still useable!" She paused, tail sticking out of the den and flicking. "Just... Not so much for all of you kids..." After two litters and nine children between them, only maybe one or two would fit in there with her and Dongo. It'd be mean to have to pick who would share the den. "One day..." She gave a firm nod, pushing some detritus out. "Cubs will sleep in it again!"

Dongo's ears went to the side as he frowned at his mate. "You're so fast to want cubs again..." He only got a patronizing look in return. The gold lion chuckled, shaking his head before grooming their gold-striped daughter's ears. "And what have you been up to, Awendela? How's your little hare doing?" Behind him, Amadeus perked his ears. The fact one of Dongo's children had a rabbit familiar had deeply pleased the green and white rabbit, which had in turn made Dongo smile. It seemed to be a passing trait. His own mother had a hare, and Amadeus was said hare's son. Now one of Dongo's children had taken up the hare familiar... A very lovely hare, at that!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 am
Andranis

"Really?" Awen couldn't see the same potential in the den as her mother could, but she wasn't about to speak it. After all, she had yet to find one of her own and her mother held much more experience than she.

"Cubs will sleep in it again!"

That part had her full attention. Her parents wanted....Oh my! She couldn't help the partial horrified/embarrassed look on her face. It was really something she didn't need to hear from them, even if it was somewhat thrilling. She already had older siblings, but younger ones? What would they be like? Would they like her?

"Rhea's doing well, and I'll tell her you were asking about her." Awen smiled. "She's as determined as ever to stay by my side, even if she does end up chasing off all the males." She giggled. Any suitor that had so much as spoken to Awen had been thoroughly dispatched of by her possessive hare. It wasn't something that she encouraged by any stretch, but it was amusing to say the least.

"Uhm...Mother? What was that you were saying earlier?" Once a thought had burrowed it's way into her brain, she just couldn't let it go. "About not being enough room for all of us? Will some of us have to stay outside?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 pm
Painted Moose

Dongo let out a hearty laugh, a grin lighting up his face. "A hare that knows how to get on my good side! Ah, Wendy, you should know any father likes to hear that about his daughters!" He winked, still grinning. "I think we spend as much time keeping boys away from our daughters as we do with our mates!" He shied a bit away from the look Huong gave him, though the grin was still there. "It's a daddy thing, though..." He ruffles his daughter's hair. "Please understand that. And one day, when you find yourself a good boy who's a good father, he'll do the same thing for YOUR daughters. Maybe not with the help of a hare, but he'll still do it."

The dark lioness shook her head, smiling at her mate. "One day, Dongo, they'll all find mates... And you can't stop them." When he started to protest, she left the den and placed a paw over his face. "No matter what you try. Time does it to us all, one way or another..." She then smiled at Awendela. "Well, I can't expect a bunch of full-grown children to sleep in a little den with myself, your father, and who knows how many little cubs, can I? There's still all of you except two of your sisters sleeping with us, so it'd get a little crowded." She nuzzled her daughter, letting out a happy rumble. "But don't worry, your three oldest sisters and oldest brother all went through this same thing when you and your littermates were born! The ones who are still here will keep you warm and comfortable!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 pm
Andranis

Awen couldn't help, but to laugh along with her father. He was impossible! However, she wouldn't dare have him any other way. She leaned into his hair ruffling, even if it did mess up her mane. Even as a grown adult, her parents were still like Gods in her eyes. "You wouldn't believe it if you'd seen it yourself! She ran after one poor male, and bit his tail so hard he fell in a puddle." She shook her head. "Oh, it was just awful, but...really funny, too." After a sobering breath, she nodded. An image of a certain black furred rogue bounced into her vision, but she banished it as quickly as it came. There was no way he was coming back, and even if he did, to have such thoughts was....was just wrong!

"Hopefully I won't find one anytime soon. I don't think I'm ready to have daughters; not if it means I have to chase off someone's son." She smiled. In all honesty she would probably just invite them over, and offer a meal.

Then it got back to the topic she had hoped to bypass. "Can't we find a bigger den, then?" Awen hated to admit it, but she was pouting. Her voice had lowered into the squeaky mess she used around strangers because it would be the first time in her life that she wouldn't be sleeping beside her parents.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:05 pm
Painted Moose

Now Dongo was really laughing. "She bit his TAIL? I'm adoring your hare more and more, Wendy!" Near by, Amadeus popped out of a bush, his long green ears up as he, too, looked at the gold-striped lioness with mirth in his eyes. The gold lion fell over for a moment in his laughter, blue eyes shining. "Now I wish I had been there to see it!" He sat back up, noticing the sobered expression. "Don't go rushing things, everything happens with time." He gave a wry chuckle. "A rainstorm led to your older siblings!" He ducked as a bone went by. How long had that been in that old den...?

Huong had ducked back into the den and come back out. "No, I'm afraid we couldn't make it bigger. It might make the den collapse. And bigger dens aren't exactly easy to come by..." She looked at it, then Awendela. "Besides, your older brother can comfort you in the tradition of 'getting kicked out of the den'!" Indeed, Rajeev hadn't been happy to get kicked out. In fact, they'd already broken then news to Odakota that HE'D be kicked out of den space soon enough. The cream-colored lion hadn't been too happy... He'd get over it. The pink-marked lioness then pulled her daughter into a hug. "Now, tell me, Awendela... Daughter to mother... Wouldn't you agree that this is a good chance to go find someone to share a den with?" She knew behind her Dongo was making a horrified face. She waved a paw at him to hush. "Without your rabbit chasing them off, of course..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 am
Andranis

Awen laughed with him, though as his grew in intensity hers quited to an amused smile. "Don't let her know that, papa. Her ego is already big enough as it is!" With her father practically rolling with laughter, she didn't notice Amadeus. She was too busy being caught off guard by the rainstorm comment. If her cheeks were any lighter they would be flushed!

Still, she couldn't hide her disappointment. Since she was small Awen had clung to her parents like a tree grasps the Earth, but now...now she was being kicked out, just like her brother Rajeev. She was just as likely to throw a tantrum as well. Well, a quieter one, with more puppy eyes and whimpering than any words.

"Well...I..." Today was just getting worse and worse! First, the news she would have to move out, and now this awkward chat! Awendela stood stock still beside her mother. Her thoughts returned to a certain lion, and her horrified expression turned to one of contemplation. "If Rhea wouldn't chase him off, then maybe...Someday. Do you really think I can find someone to love me as much as papa loves you?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:46 am
Painted Moose

Huong smoothed Wendy's hair tuft with a paw. "Of course! And if he proves to be an a*****e..." She motioned at Dongo. "Your father will simply remove him from the equation!" Okay, he wouldn't REALLY resort to killing... But he'd at least rough the other male up a bit. Quite a bit? She had yet to see, fully. He'd given the critical eye to Wendy's sister's mate, but he'd gotten over any displeasure that his little girls were grown up. She'd gotten over the fact her cubs weren't all girls, after all. She still cringed remembering how she'd insisted Rajeev was a girl... Until his mane grew in and it was undeniable. She'd gotten better with Odakota and Shiriki...

Dongo's face had gone a bit sour. Like any protective father, he didn't enjoy the thought of his little girls being old enough for boys. He walked over, joining his mate and daughter in a group hug. "Just make sure he's a good lion." He hadn't been happy when Kalanu found a mate, but he had to confess... The grandcubs had been adorable, and he was looking forward to eventually seeing more. His thoughts paused. EVENTUALLY. "Maybe Kalanu's mate has a brother..." If one brother was a good mate, surely any other brothers would be, too, right?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm
Andranis

Awendela felt as if her stomach had dropped out of her body. An a*****e, huh? She laughed nervously, casting a wary look to her father. Would he really hurt him....? Oh gosh, that would be if anything went further with the male in question, but just in case...she may need to have a talk with said male about being on his best behavior.

Still, as nervous as she now was, she coddled up to her father when he came close, just as she had done with her mother. "I will, papa." Awendela beamed, content until his comment made her choke on air. "Papa! No, no, I-I-I-I'm fine, really. Not that he's a bad mate or that any brother would be, but I just..just don't say anything, okay?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 am
Painted Moose

Dongo chuckled, giving his daughter a pat on the shoulder. "Alright, we won't say anything. But remember... Daddies are protective of their daughters, and will do ANYTHING to protect them." He stood and stretched, offering her a smile. "You should run along, now... I'm going to guess there's a CHANCE that there's a boy you have your eye on... So it'd be a good idea to educate him on fearing Daddy."

Huong tossed another bone at Dongo, finally emerging from the den for the last time. "Dongo, hush!" She went over and bumped her forhead to her daughter's, rumbling in her throat. "Just know that whoever you choose, we'll support you." Then she winked, smiling a bit. "Now go on... Surely there's more to do today than hang out with your parents!" Somewhere near by, Rajeev lifted his head, hearing the subtle hint dropped at him.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:50 pm
Andranis
Fin? c: Or you can add a post, if you'd like.

"Trust me, I won't forget that." Not anytime soon, anyway! She was going to have trouble walking up to any male now with that in mind, let alone the one who had rooted himself into her affections. She couldn't feel her cheeks and neck, they were so warm from flushing! What was papa trying to do, give her a heart attack?

Awen nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself before smiling. "If I find the one, I'll make sure he knows that what Daddy says goes, and that he'll have to meet you two first." She rubbed her cheek against first her mother's cheek, then her father's before scurrying off to find her hare so she could retail the day's story too. "Goodbye! I'll see you later! Oh, and by Rajeev!" Hopefully wherever he was holed up, he would have heard her.

Awendela certainly had a lot to think about, and it would take time. Starting out on her own? Scary but doable. Finding a mate? That was the tricky part! But at least she had the support of her parents, which meant the world to her. She could do this if she just put her mind to it.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games