[PRP] Defeat? Unthinkable! [Bring It On/Phlox] [FIN!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Bring It On had decided to challenge a Kiokote to a race. Anyone would have been able to tell him his chances of actually winning were close to none, but even if someone had come along to point that fact out, he would have been unwilling to accept their answer. The buck was far too stubborn to even ponder the possibility of losing. If he gave it all, of course he would triumph.

Therefore he was thoroughly surprised when he was eventually forced to stop running, chest heaving and legs threatening to collapse. Challenge looked bemused as his opponent sped away, the expression coupled with his quivering legs making him appear both comical and sadly pathetic.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Curiousity had gotten the better of Phlox in the midst of her fruit search - the sound of thundering hoofsteps led her through a row of bushes to find a highly unstable buck trembling alone in the swamp.

It was very odd. Was he barrelled into? Stunned by a trample of kin? She eyed him for a few seconds, sampled the foliage nearby, then queried sharply, "what are you doing? I heard hooves."

Ruriska
Tag, derp.

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 am
Challenge’s head swung around and he blinked owlishly at the doe for a long moment. “… I was running.” He eventually answered. His mind did a few quick somersaults and he followed up with a hurriedly spoken, “you didn’t see?”

Maxx D

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:37 am
"Running yourself ragged for leisure." Phlox said skeptically, scanning the environment. "I hadn't seen you, no, but it certainly looks like you weren't the only one." A kiokote had gone by at a racy but comfortable pace, and Phlox did have an uncanny sense for stupid. Her clear eyes regarded him suspiciously, a wordless warning of her intimation that something ridiculous was going on.  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm
Maxx D

His rush of relief on discovering that she had not seen his shameful loss was quick lived. The doe did not look impressed. Bring It On stood up straighter and glanced back the way he had come from with a look he hoped was suitably disdainful. “Well… now that you mention it, there was someone else… but I seem to have outrun him. Poor fellow. He just couldn’t keep up.”  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:15 am
Phlox looked into the distance where the kiokote went, and raised a scaled eyebrow. "I'm sure. Because you can outrun a kiokote." She wasn't sure if that was the fellow he had so blithely referred to, but he seemed to be elaborately dodging the issue, and she did not have the patience to protect a silly buck's pride if that was the case. Not that she would in any case.  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm
Maxx D
he’s such a moron xD

“O-of course I can outrun a Kiokote!” He spluttered in protest, looking ready, despite his fatigue, to start running again if it would convince her that he hadn’t actually lost a race. “Wait a second…” The buck’s eyes narrowed accusingly. “…how did you know about the Kiokote?” Clearly she had seen something and was a liar.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:33 pm
Phlox wasn't one for pointless sport, but making him race a Kiokote would hardly be pointless - it would teach him a real lesson (again) and be highly entertaining in the process. "I guessed." she asserted. A vision of a buck dying at her hooves from fatigue, however would be horribly inconvenient, and she followed up with "and I saw him." She would just have to crush his pride instead.  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 pm
Maxx D

Challenge managed to look incredibly indignant, obviously having forgotten that he had tried to cover up his loss in the first place. “Well then, the truth comes out!” He would have stomped a hoof, but that would have taken more energy than he currently possessed. “You tried to make me look like a fool.”  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:07 am
"Oh, don't flatter me," she had a face that married incredulity and disdain astonishingly well. "You seem pretty good at it yourself!" Phlox considered turning away and taking her leave, but her sharp tongue couldn't resist the pull.

"why would you even do a stupid thing like that?" She shook her head disapprovingly. "And to want to run again - of course you can't beat a Kiokote at racing, they're made for it!"  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:36 am
Maxx D
You know, I’m not sure why she would let him impregnate her…

“Well, with an attitude like that, you wouldn’t be able to beat a tortoise.” Bring It On retorted, clearly incapable of seeing anyone’s point of view but his own, even when faced with something as obvious as his own loss just moments before. “There’s no such thing as ‘can’t’. If I put my mind to it, I can do anything.” Except beat a Kiokote in a race…  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 am
Phlox could certainly see merit in such a positive attitude, but accompanied with such pigheaded idiocy it quickly lost its lustre. She was rarely affected by such childish, baseless insults...but she certainly was invested in humiliating him a little more. She let the opportunity to remind him of his shameful loss slip, instead opting to create a new one. "Really now," she raised her head, looking disdainful. "I think you can't keep your mouth shut for an entire day."

She was fairly sure of her success, if he took the bait. At once she thought he would be ridiculous enough to, but perhaps he would defy her expectations. Perhaps.  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 pm
Maxx D

The buck opened his mouth to assure her that he could indeed keep his mouth shut for an entire day… and then quickly snapped it closed again. He gave her a smug glower; happy with himself for passing the first test. No, he would not speak, he would not talk, not once through this entire day. He would show her.

Challenge grinned.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 pm
She stifled a laugh - well, at least he'd gotten off on the right hoof! Phlox rarely engaged that little naughty side of her, surely inherited from her father, but she intended to make it very difficult for him indeed. "Come then, buck," she started to walk, but paused. "You didn't tell me your name." She looked him up and down, considering his gradients - he was bold, interesting, but she was here to goad him and his personality made him easy to insult. "I'll call you...'Tacky'?"  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 am
Maxx D
Somehow didn't notice your reply earlier. Sorry! D:

Bring It On moved to follow, pulling up short when she stopped and looked back. His expression of triumph dissolved. Tacky? What sort of name was that? Open, shut, open, shut; his mouth moved without sound. But the buck eventually shrugged and simply stared at her with a petulant frown. No, he wouldn't lose that easily. She could call him what she liked, for this one day only.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff