[PRP] Wander [Nilak x Cheneta]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm
It had been a very long time since Nilak had lost her. Maybe it was guilt that kept him going or maybe it was the fact there was no turning back the way he'd come. Nothing could be done but move forward now. Turning back seemed like such a far away idea. Alien even from outer space. Her death was on his paws. At least this is what he'd lead him self to believe over the course of time.

The sorrow that swelled in his chest did not slow him in the least. If anything, the lion traveled faster then one usually might. But every traveler was bound to slow at some point or even rest. And so that was why Nilak found him self resting under the gentle shade of a tree.

Yes, he'd smelt the scents of many lions in this territory but he meant no harm. Most prides he had experience with were not overly violent. If they where, there was usually some more violent warning sign like a strong musk of rot and blood. But Nilak smelt none of that. The blue lion was sure to cling to the boarder line just in case these lions were not to happy about him being in their lands.

Everything seemed calm though. A single cloud hung over head that cast a shadow in the lions direction for a brief moment. But the shadow had passed quickly and quietly to else where. Nilak watched as it made its way over where ever it was headed. His concentration was only broken when he let out a great big yawn. Shortly after, Nilak lowered his head to his front paws and tiredly licked at his chops.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:51 pm
Cheneta was not born and raised within the pride, and certainly was not raised to be a solider. Her mother had been a very kind and loving lioness, and though she was loathe to see her cub go off on her own, it had been inevitable. Cheneta had a life that needed living, and she needed to find her place on her own.

Something in her had always been stirring, even as a cub. She wanted to fight. Wanted to be strong. There was something in her blood that burned a bit hotter than it did in her mother.

Considering Hitilafu would never think of hurting anyone, ever.

She had found this pride and its warrior King had offered her a purpose. So she took it, and served him with all the loyalty she could muster. She was growing stronger, more dedicated, but she still had a lot to learn. And a lot of nerves to overcome. It was not good for a soldier to be so jumpy.

Slowing her pace, she saw an unfamiliar lion lazing nearby. Bristling with the idea that it was an outsider, she crouched down and crawled her way closer on her belly, reaching out her paw to tap him on his flank when she was close enough to him.

Maybe not the proper way to approach a stranger, but she must have missed that day of training.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Something touched him. While outwardly it would seem the lion was remaining calm all this time inwardly his heart skipped a beat. His head shot over toward where he felt the something touch him to find another feline, no, lion just with in reach of him. Obviously a skilled warrior or scout for being able to sneak up on him unheard. He gave her a small tilt of the head before fixing him self to sit up proper like. His tail coiled round his front paws.

"Are you..." The word escaped him for a moment. He was still shocked at what stealth she possessed. "Are you .. Am I intruding?" The words didn't come so he switched to something his brain would function. "I can smell the territory boarder and apologize if I am. Just seemed this tree was calling out my name I suppose. So I thought why not take a break," He gave her a small distant smile. "But these are the thought patterns of a tired old traveler."

He was anything but old though. Tired yes. But Nilak him self was still youthful and beautiful. On the inside he felt as if he'd lived ten lives with the amount of weight his heart held. The lion did his best to carry it as well as he could though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm
Chobi_Chocobo

Cheneta was crouched low, but clearly she was not hiding. So why she was slinking around still was anyone's guess. She was right near his face and she blinked as he turned to spot her. Backing up, sliding backwards rather than standing up, she regarded him at a slight distance.

Skilled scout indeed.

"No, not intruding," she said, staring up at him from her crouch, not sure what to do with herself now. It would be weird to just sit up, wouldn't it? but was it even more so to just remain like this? She wasn't sure. So she lowered her butt abruptly, pretending like she had been laying down the whole time.

"You're welcome here, as long as you don't cause any trouble. The King does not mind visitors, and often asks for them to say hi to him. Well. I mean. I think it's more official than that. But it's not required either. He just likes to know what's going on around his pride and all that.

She smiled up at him, tilting her head.

"How long have you been traveling?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:07 pm
Lithia_Brandon

The male watched the female sit up and couldn't help but sprout a very amused smile on his maw. She was spitting information at him like a rapid fire huntsman. Nilak took it all to heart all the while as he studied his current surroundings. So he was in a friendly territory. That made things all that more easier. Not having to run for his life was just up his creek.

"I've been traveling quite a while I suppose," The detail was lacking from his answer leaving it a little on the vague side. No specifics. Nilak had just only met this female moments ago after all. He still wasn't sure what sort of pride this was either. At the very least it seemed friendly enough.

"Your kings a personable kinda guy mm? Thats a good trait in a ruler. Not many on the high up take the time to see a visitor." At least this had been true with most of the prides he'd encountered. He was studying her a little closer now that the two had established both were friendly.

"Nilak by the way." He flashed another small distant grin, "Thats my name I mean to say."  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 am
Chobi_Chocobo

Cheneta smiled. She'd only met the King once, and he was rather grumpy that time, but she'd been assured that usually he was nicer and he was a good King. His actions reflected this, at least, and she trusted in him.

And in the other rulers of the pride.

"Have you?" She could relate, as she had traveled a fair bit in her day. She was glad to have found a home that wasn't moving, that much was certain. She smiled and sat down near him, no trace of her trying to 'surprise' him left in her attitude.

She wanted to know more about his travels, but didn't press the issue.

"He likes to make sure his people are happy!" So she was assured. And he did, he was just in a bad mood more often than not because of the druid activity in the pride. "My name is Cheneta. It's very nice to meet you, Nilak. Would you like a tour?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:57 am
Lithia_Brandon

There was a pause in her question and the thought was never really finished. Nilak stood there expecting to answer something but the silence took over and then she was offering him a tour. Politeness delayed his response for just a moment as he waited for the question that would seemingly never come before he gave her a polite nod of the head.

"A tour?" He smiled, " I can't think of any other way to spend time in a pride then get a tour." This sort of kindness in a pride was not often gained so easily. Well, some prides were friendly, but not all. A traveler had to be quick on his toes in case anything went south. This time it seemed he'd lucked out. Maybe it was because Cheneta was a pretty face that Nilak accepted her offer so quickly or maybe it was because touring a pride was such a rare chance. Either way it would seem the pale blue lion was quite excited to have such a chance.

"Well miss Cheneta, after you~" He took a step back to give her some room to take the lead. The 'have you' was still very much on the lions mind. Perhaps he'd ask her about that later.  
[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games