Svgata was roaming the edge of the pride's lands, as he was wont to do when little of worth noticing was happening at the heart of the lands. Perhaps he'd hunt, or perhaps just relax. It was dangerous out here, he'd always been told, but then he'd gone venturing out before, and never had any trouble for his time. He'd even made friends, once with a leopard! But then, it did make it more obvious that there was a pride tucked away in this area. And that might be good, or might be bad. He didn't know that he'd be finding out today.

Feidhlim was careful to keep his pace calm and slow. He'd never been out of the misty forests of his ex-home before, and he was all the more wary now with his precious Shani at his side. They'd gone quite a ways, and now that they were out on the open savannah he felt constantly on edge. Danger lurked everywhere, and his mate was small, and probably easy pickings. He leapt at every sound, quite unlike himself for his fears, and it was the scent of Svgata that finally made him dare to peek through the long grass. It didn't smell dangerous, but...he didn't think there were any prides near here. "Shani...someone's just ahead...What do you want to do?"

Strangely, she felt much more at ease with this trip than she had with the one they'd taken to the previous pride's lands. But then, she had been unhappy and lonely at the time, without a home and nearly without a family. This time was different. This time, she had Feid. In counterpoint to her serenity, though, he was jumpy as a hare on a hot rock. He twitched and stared at every little sound, which she both found amusing and endearing. Thus, when they sensed someone near and he asked her his panicked question, she chuckled softly and rubbed her cheek against his shoulder. "Why don't we go say hello? I only scent one lion, and I doubt he'd likely attack the both of us." Not to mention, she really needed a rest. Inside she might be calm and content, but her body was not so much. She was beginning to feel her age in the creak of her joints and the low level of her energy. She was taking great care not to let it show, but the longer the journey, the more impossible it would be to shield Feid from her aging problems.

Feid was ill at ease with the idea of revealing himself (and worse, Shani) to some stranger. What if they did attack? Sure it would be two against one, and certainly he had no qualms about fighting to the death to save his sweet mate, but should that happen, he feared for her. Her comforting touch went a little way to soothe his fears, but then he felt his fur all bunch and stand erect as a voice called over the grass to them.

"Hello? Is someone out there?" Svgata in the meantime had picked up their scent easily. This land had a very particular smell from the grass, and two (he thought) newcomers stood out like a giraffe among zebras. He took a small step towards them, a faint smile tugging at his lips. They smelled tired, not angry, and he had always believed in being courteous to friendly strangers. Then again, if he said too much, they'd know for sure there was a pride here. Was that a good thing? "My name is Svgata Galvquodi. My...my family lives near here. Are your friend? Or foe?"

Shani gave her mate a loving and reassuring glance before replying for them. "We are weary travelers, seeking a home. Whether that makes us friend or foe, we have no desire to fight." Not to mention she had little ability to, in her current state. Perhaps with several day's rest, food, and water, she'd have been able to fight decently. But right now, she was about as useful in a fight as a limp reed. "Might we ask shelter from your family, at least for a day and a night?" She also wouldn't mind having some company. Feid's wariness had kept them traveling strictly alone. After a time, no matter how much you loved someone, you needed to talk with other adults than just your own mate.

Feid frowned, but had to go along with Shani's decision. Besides, she was right. He was being silly. He could take on anyone out here, and whomever it was calling to them didn't seem too bad. Yet. He gave her a fond nuzzle and then peeked above the tall grass. "We are friend if you are. As my mate says...we are simple travelers, come a long way and wanting no trouble. We are...tired. If we cannot stay with you, perhaps you could direct us to a friendly pride not too many days from here?"

Svgata was glad to hear the pair wasn't dangerous, and he spotted the pale lion peeking up shortly, and waded through the grass to them. He was small, by rogue standards, and a mere shade larger than Shani herself. Certainly no threat to the pair, though he seemed rather fit and well fed. He hadn't intended to bring them home--that would mean bringing them to the pride. But he couldn't really turn them away now. Well, no going back now. "Actually, forgive me for not saying, my family is part of a pride. The...Ela'Wadiyi. We are a quiet pride, and would give you shelter...but you must tell no one of our location once you leave. We want only to live in peace. Agreed?"

Truthfully, that sounded positively heavenly. Shani's paws hurt, and though they had left a waterfhole this morning, she felt dried out. It flashed through her mind to worry the pride was in a deserty area, but even so, they'd surely have a steady and plentiful water source, right? She desperately hoped so. Plenty of shade would be as nice as plenty of water, too, but beggars couldn't be choosers. This was not a decision she'd make for them both, however. She turned to gaze up at Feid hopefully, her feelings on the matter clear in her eyes. She very much wanted a safe place to rest. Their desire to remain secret was not a problem to her. Rather, it seemed to be more of a reassurance that this would be a good stopping spot, at least for now.

Svgata waited patiently for the pair to decide. He could tell by just looking that they'd been on the road for a while. Once sleek pelts were dusty and needing a few days of grooming. Poor things. He wondered vaguely where they'd come from, but more, sent up a thought of thanks to the spirits for leading them, not into trouble, but to his pride's open paws. If they both turned out to be as mild mannered as the female, he felt they would have little trouble.

Feid felt his resolve melting to butter under Shani's stare. How could he keep her on the move this long? He was a terrible mate to her. He purred, low and deep, and rubbed against her. "Alright. We'll stay. Forgive me my worries, Shani. I only want to see you safe and taken care of. You don't deserve to wander like this." He turned back to the new male and nodded to him. "We'd be glad to take your offer. If only for a few days."

She tried not to sag with relief at his choice. Not that she'd been terribly worried he'd choose to reject the offer, but it still was terribly welcome news. She chuffed lightly and leaned against her mate. "It is no one's fault that the pride died as it did. Do not blame yourself for what life has laid before us." She had been forced to wander before. She had even chosen to wander before. She'd far prefer this particular jaunt to her previous versions. "So long as we are together, that is all that matters." She leaned closer to him, to say for his ears only, "Stay with me, and that's all I ever demand, and all I ever truly need." She purred softly and bumped her head under his chin before stepping towards their host. "I am Shani, and my mate is Feid." Easier to use shortened versions of names, and she wasn't feeling formal just now. "Thank you for your kind offer. If your pride is like you, we are blessed with the honor of your hospitality."

Feid felt himself swell with love for the little female who was his mate. He'd never leave her, and he hoped she knew that. He felt a rush of relief and ease fill his limbs, and he too stepped towards the male. "As my mate says. We are eager to meet your family, and your pride. Perhaps," and he turned to look the question to Shani more than the male, "If it is a good pride, they might be willing to allow us to stay a bit longer than a night? We could sorely use the rest, and a friendly group...well, it would be good for us both to be done with our wandering."

If anything, Svgata was glad that there had been a few newcomers to the pride recently. He was never sure what marked the time that the pride opened itself to others, but it seemed that there was still time. He decided he liked the couple, and though he would not encourage to stay, if they showed interest he would assist them, and if they proved as kind as they seemed, vouch for them. Who would deny their pride new, happy members? "It's just this way. A little walk yet, but if you can manage it...It's up through these hills." He turned and began to lead the way back up the winding, near-invisible trail he'd come down.

Though it seemed they would still have an uphill walk, Shani's eyes brightened. Hills generally meant water, and coolness, and humidity. All things she had been missing of late. And trees! There weren't many trees on the savannah, and she adored trees. She doubted the place could possibly be as cool and damp as her previous homes, but it was certain to be better than the sparse dryness they'd endured lately. She caught Feid's questioning look as he mentioned staying. Would this be the place to make a new home? A part of her heart fluttered. So far from everyone they knew... so far from their children. But this male they'd met was of the goodly sort, and though she hated to admit it, she could not wander forever, hoping for the 'perfect' home. She nodded mutely, gulping slightly to submerge her worries. "It would be nice to have a home again. Let's go and see what it is like." Taking a deep breath, the small grey lioness turned to follow their guide into what was likely to become their new pride.