Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Alice and Steampunk?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your feelings on steampunk?
Love it! It's so creative and fun... I want to live in a steampunk world!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
It is interesting... not my favorite fantasy genre, but still interesting.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I'm neutral... it's okay.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm not a big fan.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I hate it. >_<;
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Steamwhat?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm
Hello, everyone!

Well, while perusing the Internet, I happened upon the following article:

'Step Through the Looking Glass

It is an article about a high school play taking on Alice in Wonderland... with a steampunk twist. Seriously, check it out; these kids are way more awesome than I was in high school. Alice in Wonderland in Steampunk involved complicated costume design, set design, and special effects. I haven't seen it, but I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'm not just posting about this high school play, though it is badass. I'm posting it because Alice and Wonderland seems to marry very well with the steampunk genre... what do you think?

So, let's discuss! What do you think about steampunk being included in Alice in Wonderland? Like 'em together, or think they should see other people?

And, while we're at it, share any Alice in Wonderland steampunk images/websites/anything else you can find while you're here! Let's explore this genre a little, shall we?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 am
Lady March Hare
Hello, everyone!

Well, while perusing the Internet, I happened upon the following article:

'Step Through the Looking Glass

It is an article about a high school play taking on Alice in Wonderland... with a steampunk twist. Seriously, check it out; these kids are way more awesome than I was in high school. Alice in Wonderland in Steampunk involved complicated costume design, set design, and special effects. I haven't seen it, but I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'm not just posting about this high school play, though it is badass. I'm posting it because Alice and Wonderland seems to marry very well with the steampunk genre... what do you think?

So, let's discuss! What do you think about steampunk being included in Alice in Wonderland? Like 'em together, or think they should see other people?

And, while we're at it, share any Alice in Wonderland steampunk images/websites/anything else you can find while you're here! Let's explore this genre a little, shall we?

I think it would be neat to see a steampunk Alice in Wonderland American Mcgee kinda explored it a little in Alice the Madness Returns I think it would make a good book or maybe even an anime of some kind smile I like the idea  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I think it would be neat to see a steampunk Alice in Wonderland American Mcgee kinda explored it a little in Alice the Madness Returns I think it would make a good book or maybe even an anime of some kind smile I like the idea

I agree! Considering the fact that anime usually does a pretty good job with taking the fantastical and enriching it visually, it seems like just the sort of thing someone will tackle at some point. Or, possibly, already has. XD I know I'd buy that series!  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 am
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

I agree! Considering the fact that anime usually does a pretty good job with taking the fantastical and enriching it visually, it seems like just the sort of thing someone will tackle at some point. Or, possibly, already has. XD I know I'd buy that series!

I would too biggrin I have always loved the Victorian era and steam punk as well. Did you play Alice the madness returns? The Mad Hatters level is kinda steam punk.  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I would too biggrin I have always loved the Victorian era and steam punk as well. Did you play Alice the madness returns? The Mad Hatters level is kinda steam punk.

Ah, I haven't played it yet... I'm not much of a gamer, I'm afraid. But that sounds cool, and I need to play this game! XD Do you think it's the 'Victorian era' that seems to tie Alice and steampunk together so well?  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 am
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

Ah, I haven't played it yet... I'm not much of a gamer, I'm afraid. But that sounds cool, and I need to play this game! XD Do you think it's the 'Victorian era' that seems to tie Alice and steampunk together so well?

Yes I would say so I love the Victorian era and when I think about it Alice in Wonderland comes to mind everything about Alice in the book how she dresses how she acts is very Victorian you could try and modernize the story but it would not be the same. To me the Victorian era is what gives the story its setting and charm. Steam Punk would be a very cool way to put a new twist on the story but keep the Victorian charm intact biggrin but that is just my opinion.  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:12 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
Yes I would say so I love the Victorian era and when I think about it Alice in Wonderland comes to mind everything about Alice in the book how she dresses how she acts is very Victorian you could try and modernize the story but it would not be the same. To me the Victorian era is what gives the story its setting and charm. Steam Punk would be a very cool way to put a new twist on the story but keep the Victorian charm intact biggrin but that is just my opinion.

Hmmm... you know, I'd have to agree. While I do love all different interpretations of Alice, it isn't quite the same without that quintessential Victorian element to it. Maybe it just seems like a more innocent time, and therefore more appropriate for a story about a child exploring a magical world?

I see... like, it's a 'modern' twist/theme, but it still seems antiquated because the genre in general is still seen as more old-fashioned compared to our modern ideals?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

Hmmm... you know, I'd have to agree. While I do love all different interpretations of Alice, it isn't quite the same without that quintessential Victorian element to it. Maybe it just seems like a more innocent time, and therefore more appropriate for a story about a child exploring a magical world?

I see... like, it's a 'modern' twist/theme, but it still seems antiquated because the genre in general is still seen as more old-fashioned compared to our modern ideals?

I agree steam punk is really kind of perfect if you want to give Alice in Wonderland a new face but keep the same feeling as the original. It is such a great idea! cat_mrgreen  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:03 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I agree steam punk is really kind of perfect if you want to give Alice in Wonderland a new face but keep the same feeling as the original. It is such a great idea! cat_mrgreen

Yeeees... and the SyFy mini-series had some pretty strong steampunk elements to it, didn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:22 pm
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

Yeeees... and the SyFy mini-series had some pretty strong steampunk elements to it, didn't it?

Your right it did smile I wish i could draw I have really great idea in my head for a Steam Punk Alice. Unfortunately I suck at drawing sad  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
Your right it did smile I wish i could draw I have really great idea in my head for a Steam Punk Alice. Unfortunately I suck at drawing sad

Ooooh... I know the feeling, I can't draw either. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:16 pm
There is a new Alice Manga out called Alice in the Country of Clovers I have not read it yet but it looked kinda steam punk I will let you know I plan on reading it this weekend smile  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
There is a new Alice Manga out called Alice in the Country of Clovers I have not read it yet but it looked kinda steam punk I will let you know I plan on reading it this weekend smile

Oooooh... sounds really cool! Report back and let us know! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

Oooooh... sounds really cool! Report back and let us know! XD
Well its not too steam punk but it is very cool smile It is a continuation of Alice in the Country of Hearts if you like Manga and Alice in Wonderland I recommend it cat_mrgreen  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
All In the Golden Afternoon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items