Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Resting upon the laurels... (Molly & Jude)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 pm
It was one of the very few moments where Jude wasn't running off somewhere or doing something else. Jude was restless and trying to keep his mind a bit preoccupied for the time being. It made the voices less evident though they were fading away slowly but surely but it never seemed enough. Yom would sometimes pipe up with a song to show that she was still there and also give him a reference of how things were going.

Thus far all was good.

Jude quietly slumped against the wall outside the trainee barracks and slid down a bit until he was in a seated position. He'd 'borrowed' a small pad of paper and a pen and was now doodling and writing upon the pages so that it seemed like he was doing something on his time 'off'.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:21 pm
When Molly wasn’t running clearing shifts, she was often wandering around the Underground Base, looking for things to do, and now was no exception.

Sometimes she wandered with a purpose, and sometimes she wandered aimlessly if no Hunters needed help. Today seemed to be wandering of the aimless kind, and it took her past the cave that held the trainee barracks, where she paused as she caught sight of a trainee sitting on the floor with his back against the wall, rather preoccupied in a notebook. Molly’s expression brightened immediately, and as much as she shouldn’t have, the Misty couldn’t help but greet him in a bit of a sing-song voice,

Heeeeeeeeey Jude ~ !”

She picked up her pace and came to stop in front of him, bending a bit as she rested her hands on her knees and peered down at him. “It’s so good to see you! Are you busy? Um, because if you are, I can come back later!”  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 pm
Oddly enough, or perhaps not oddly, he didn't seem to mind when Molly did the singing of his name. Maybe because while she may have done it in teasing it wasn't to taunt him or upset him. She was one of the few people that seemed to genuinely care about how he felt or how he was doing. He paused in his current doodle and looked up at her and gave her a small smile, "Hey Lady," he said simply and then looked back down at his notepad thoughtfully as if to tease her a little bit about whether or not he was busy.

"..Nah. I'm just messing around with a bit of paper, nothing important at all," he gestured near him, "have a seat, costs the same."

He wouldn't want her to get walked over by a thoughtless trainee in a rush if she desired to sit with him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 pm
She seemed relieved that she wasn’t interrupting anything, and beamed when she was offered a seat next to him.

Thank you so much!” She moved near him, and flopped until her back hit the cave wall, where she slid down until her bottom hit the floor and her legs were stretched out in front of her. There was something oddly satisfying about sitting on the ground like this sometimes! Once seated, she looked over at the Death trainee once more. “I’m really glad you see you up and about!” Not like, cot-ridden or not talking or something along those lines.  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:48 pm
He smiled lightly at her as she sat near him and then nodded his head, "Not a problem."

Jude scribbled a nonsense line down on the notepad and he glanced over at Molly with a bit of a blush and a chuckle. Every time she spoke at him with such sincerity it caught him off guard and he wasn't sure what to do in reaction to it. He offered a bit of a nod, "Mom raised a fighter, not someone that gives up," he replied simply. "I am glad you're up and about, too. That you're not like ... hurting and what not," Jude left the 'I'd help you if you were' unsaid. He was fairly certain Molly knew he would help her if she needed it.

"Taking a bit of a time off?" He asked curiously over to her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:09 pm
Molly smiled at Jude’s answer. Such a good attitude! “Thank you!” She replied. Yeah…she couldn’t be hurting, not when so many other hunters were and needed the help!

Hmmm? Oh! Um, yes, I suppose!” Molly answered, slumping a bit against the cave wall. It felt really nice to just sit there, actually. “I’ve been doing a lot of clearing shifts, because I really want us all to be able to go back to our rooms and such…but you can’t work all the time, because that’s just silly…so yes, I’m…relaxing right now! How about you? What have you been up to?” She paused, and then lifted a hand, pointing at his hand. "Oh! Is your hand alright as well? You know, from when the instrument broke...?"  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:18 pm
He nodded a bit at her answer, "Been doing about the same as you, really, we can't stay like this forever it isn't beneficial to us to be like this. People will go stir crazy and with some of us...Afflicted as we are it might be the worst thing for us," he said quietly frowning down at his page for a long moment.

When questioned about his hand he paused his thoughtful stare and glanced over at her before he gave a bit of a nod, "Yeah, it healed up fine, it is kind of a benefit of being attached to our weapon you know...They heal us faster than normal from what I noticed." He held up his hands for her to see. "If anything it took for my hand to heal when Caelius broke it..."

He winced a little at the memory.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm
The Misty nodded her head energetically in agreement, curls bouncing this way and that.

She then blinked, looking rather surprised. “…Our partners…allow us to heal faster?” She stared at the Death trainee for confirmation again, wanting to be reassured if this was real or not, but as he mentioned Caelius breaking his hand, Molly paused. She blinked once, and then she blinked twice.

He did WHAT!?” She cried, completely horrified.

Pales

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm
"Nothing crazy or anything, but they'll help us out a bit over time if we get hurt. I mean if we die then that is that but if you have a good bond with your weapon and stuff well it comes with benefits like that," Jude grinned slightly. "Doesn't get rid of scars though, some of us will always have a scar or two to help us remember battles and the like..."

Not that they could ever forget.

At Molly's horrified exclaim he furrowed his brow, "Well, in his defense I'd earned it," he said trying to soothe her a little bit, though he was pretty sure he'd have gotten his hand broken without being a smartass. "You remember that day on the Beach...I was acting kinda funny? That was the result from me trying to get help from my hand to heal it a bit faster..."

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 pm
Molly looked terribly impressed at Jude’s words, and somewhere in her head, Vaska just snorted. The snort was one of those condescending ‘Dear Jack, yeh are so dumb’ ones. Molly just smiled regardless, at least until they were on the topic of Jude’s hand.

“…W..what…I…I don’t…” Molly fretted, biting her lip. What had Jude done to ‘deserve’ getting his hand broken? Why would a Division Leader break their trainee’s hand!? She shook her head. Maybe it was best not to question how or why. “O…oh…I do, actually um…oh…I see…” Her brows furrowed. She had a feeling…Life Division band-aids had to be involved…that’s what happened in the Antarctic base too with the penguins… “W-well the important thing is that your hand is alright….is…is it?”  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:44 pm
Oh geeze. He made her a ball of curls and fret. He frowned a bit at her reaction; he sometimes forgot that things like this might still be a bit jarring for her despite all the things she may have been going through up until this point. He pursed his lips thoughtfully and then flexed the hand that had gotten broken, "See, good as new, possibly even a bit better. Nothing to worry about. Everything heals up well. With or without a bit of extra help."

The mention of extra help probably confirmed Molly's worst fear about the Life Division.

Now was new topic time. Quick think of something new to get her mind off of pain and torment, "Are you enjoying your division so far?"

Nice and harmless.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am
W…well…that’s one good thing at least…” It wouldn’t do too much to worry about Caelius breaking Jude’s hand now…especially since it was okay now…but still.

The topic switch was a welcomed change, and it brought a bit of a smile to Molly’s face. “Oh, yes, very much! All my division members are wonderful to work with, and the Division assistant has been so kind as to help me wield my weapon!” Really, Molly could just gush and gush about her Division.  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 pm
Jude nodded a bit at her, "Good, I am glad," he said sincerely then stared down at his piece of paper in a speculative fashion before he flipped the sheet and started on a new one. Doodling a little bit, "Cause if anyone treated you badly or hurt you...I'd try my best to help you out," he said simply he wasn't as awkward as before when he said this. Either he was getting used to Molly's presence within his circle of friends and co-workers or he just simply wanted her to know that he was a good shoulder to cry on - possibly all of these things.

He doodled an odd little cartoon cat sitting in the middle of the page for now and then stared at it thoughtfully, "What is your favorite animal, Molly?"

It was a nonsense conversation. Something silly to fill the time and help him relax, something that just felt comfortable for now.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:40 am
The young woman blinked, and then smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. “Oh…gosh, that’s really nice of you, Jude! I really appreciate that, thank you!” She glanced down as he started to doodle, leaning closer to get a better look. Her smile widened as she pointed. “That’s so adorable! You draw so well! I wish I could have half as much skill!” She paused. “…My favorite animal…?” She took a moment to think about it.

Oh goodness…that’s a tough one…! I mean…I really like sheep, and I really like penguins…but I also like Canon Cats too!” Okay, so Canon Cats were mini-pets, but those were animals, right?  

Lucyal

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 am
"Not a problem...I just want you to know you can count on me, that's all," he said simply with a bit of a shrug. His doodling paused as she complimented him making him blush a bit and he gave a small grin, "This? It isn't anything fantastic but ...it is relaxing. Y'know? You ever just sit there and doodle without thinking about anything? It's pretty relaxing...I do that a lot at my desk..."

Nothing was good but it sufficed for relaxation.

He began to doodle out Molly's 'favorite' animals one at a time and then he offered her the notepad, "Tada," he said simply. "You want to doodle or write something? My mom and I used to play hangman a lot when I was growing up. It is how she got me to learn how to spell an' stuff."

User Image

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff