The night had overcome the savannah, and he was straying a bit further than he likely should have been. He had been gone for a few days from the Mwana'a'Lela, but he had every intention of returning. He was simply exploring the savannah, and he was bored. So his walk, turned into a long trek. Normally, lions who had traveled such a distance would have been tired. But he really wasn't phased by the exertion. In fact, he found that he was energized by the idea of the ocean. He had seen it awhile ago, as a youngster. But he had only been passing through. Which is what he was doing this time as well. But maybe he could find something worth bringing home with him.

The ocean waves hit the shore violently, the ocean a bit more turbulent than he remembered it. But it made it dangerous, and that made it even more appealing to the male. He liked danger.. He liked overcoming danger.

Ilayda was excited, though she was never the best at openly expressing it. Growing up had been a bit of a challenge for her, a Seer who would rather hunt for herbs than See, and so to follow her true calling she had kept her small visions to herself, confident that her gift was mild enough to not be a detriment to her Sisters should she choose another path to follow. Still, it did provide her with small encouragements now and then, and that gift was why she knew she would be successful with her current venture.

She was going to find a male, and strengthen the pride. There was no doubt in her mind that she would succeed in this, though she knew nothing of what this male was like, or even the area he was in. But she was going to succeed, nevertheless. The white and aqua lioness took step after quiet step, her paws making next to no sound. The scent of the sea, a comforting odor, filled her. It was with a quiet joy and excitement, not out of an attempt to lure a lion that she began to sing as she walked.

"Give me not grass upon my paws, no sun-scorched fields or stone~
Instead, I beg of you to see, the ocean is my home~"

He smiled as he saw the female. She was lovely shades of teal, green and white. He found himself mesmerized in her pelt. It was like the stars were gleaming on the ocean, with only the reflection of the moon. He had to have her. He began wondering how he might manage it, but then just shrugged. He would be who he was, she would not be able to deny him. With a slow walk, the male listened to the voice as he got closer. Such a beautiful voice. He almost wished he could sing, so he could return a song to her. But alas, he was not about to go singing in the darkness.

"Come out, ma petite. I promise I shall be kind." He said, his french accent bold in his voice. He was a bit of an exotic, or at least, he saw himself as such.

She caught sight of the male just before he addressed her, and Ilayda lowered her head as she approached him. He was quite a fine-looking male, in his own way; one such as this was very likely to produce strong cubs. But all the seduction in the world could not cause her to speak with him prior to finishing her song.

"Nay, I will not have the land, though it be fair and bright~
I need the waves around my den for me to sleep tonight~"

Trailing the melody off, she offered the male a small smile. "Good evening, sirrah; what brings you to the oceanside tonight?" She kept her posture relaxed and calm, perhaps even a little innocent. She was young, yes, but Ilayda knew well the ways of her sisters, and she would never call herself an innocent, though this would be her first time seeking a male. She knew what to do; the only question was if she could manage to do it.

"You have a lovely singing voice, ma cherie'. You should sing to me more often." He said, smiling down at her. She was smaller than he was, but he was a good solid build. He had the muscles, yet he was still lean giving him an ideal appearance. She was lovely, and he knew that if he tried, he could have her for his for a few nights. He wasn't looking for love.. but a few nights curled up with a warm body? He would take it.

"I have been wanting to visit again for awhile. I have been here once, long, long ago. I can't say I saw anything half as lovely as you last time I was here, either." He said, smiling at her with his his lids lowering slightly.

"Why, thank you," Ilayda said, lowering her eyes delicately. "I rarely sing for others, however; my songs are for those worthy to hear them." What a handsome lion. Not one she could love, oh never - she had no plans for taking a Consort, not at this time. Most likely never. But to provide her pride with new blood, yes, he would do quite well. And with a melodic voice like that, any cubs who inherited it would be quite capable of further aiding the pride someday.

"You flatter me, sirrah," she said, twining her tail about her legs and pacing slightly around him. "For 'tis such a lovely stretch of shore that surely none can outshine it," pausing, both in word andn motion, she turned her head to look up at him sweetly. "Though I must say, a lion as handsome as yourself comes strikingly close to doing so."

"Are you saying that I am worthy then? I feel honored." He said, a paw to his chest as he smiled at her. He was working his magic, totalllyyyy reeling her in. At least, he thought he was. He had nefarious little things on his mind, but he wasn't thinking cubs. He never thought cubs. For as logical, and intelligent as the male was, he hardly thought of the after effects.

"Ah, but it is you who flatter me, Mademouselle." He said, bowing his head at her in a show of manners. He really was a gentleman.. once you got past his lusty mind.

"Funny, ma cherie', I was just about to say the same of you.. His eyes went half-lidded, and his own tail was twitching excitedly as she circled him.

"You have to be one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever had the pleasure of seeing."

It seemed as though this one was going to be an easy catch. Surely not all males were quite so easily swayed by her charms? Well, regardless, Ilayda was quite pleased with how smoothly things seemed to be going. Perhaps he was just easily hypnotized by beauty and the sea; some males were like that, weren't they?

"Perhaps it is flattery, but that does not make it any less the truth," she said, smiling softly at him, allowing a fond kind of heat to show in her eyes. Let him think her to be swooning at his paws; all the better to ensure she got what she wanted out of this encounter.

"It is a pity, then, that beauty is so fleeting," she said, ever so slowly drawing closer to the lion as she paced around him. "Perhaps I should take advantage of the blessings it bestows on me while they are still mine to claim."

He was easily drawn in, and he was thinking that she was easily drawn in. It really was humorous, if either of them had even been aware of it. He had no idea that she was out to get him, but for a completely different reason than he was out to get her. Sure it required what he wanted, but the cub aspect was definitely last on his mind.

"What an angel, you are. Tell me. How is it that someone hasn't already snatched you up like a delicious candy?' He asked, his tail flicking around his legs, and he began purring.

"Perhaps you should." He said, his tone getting lower as he felt her body heat growing closer and closer to him. He would be perfectly okay of her taking advantage of him. In fact, he was hoping for it.

"There simply hasn't been anyone worthy of my attention," Ilayda said, beginning to purr as well. "Before this night." As she finished her sentence, she finally drew close enough to brush up against his side. She delicately ducked her head and nuzzled at him. This night was indeed a good one, and with any luck she would be able to provide the pride with new sisters before too much time passed. The idea that she might be providing this male with his own goal for the evening never occurred to her, nor would it.

All that mattered was if she got what she wanted out of this encounter.

Word count: 1546