Welcome to Gaia! ::

Republic City Role Play

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild set in Republic City from the new series Legend of Korra 

Tags: avatar: the last airbender, legend of korra, republic city, bending, equalists 

Reply Character Profiles
Airbender Profiles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VintageAutomaton
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:02 am
Let's just pretend Tenzin and his children aren't the only airbenders...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 pm
User Image
(Her bangs cover the light blue arrow that runs down her forehead, and two arrows shooting down her arms and the other markings on her body. Her mother was the one who knew she was ready to get these arrows)
Name:Kana Miori
Bends:Air
Personality:Bubbly,Kind,Childish,Helpful,Kind,Naive,Gullible, Cheerful,Shy, Clumsy, Smart at times, and a Pacifist however she will protect anyone she loves
Job?:A tea server in a local tea shop
Hobbies:Reading, Drawing, Practicing Air bending, Spending time with her older brother, Cooking, Meeting people, Watching Pro-bending, hanging out at the park, teaching her new friend Sorran about his job, helping others, getting along with others, sleeping in, relaxing, trying to break her unlucky streak, writing in her diary, dancing, watching gymnastics and trying to imitate it as well
Weapon:She carries a wooden staff with her to help her shift the air around her, and to soar through the air. Her staff is specialized to shift into an air glider or a staff for air bending
Lives:In an apartment complex by the park
Bio: Kana has an older brother named Kai. They both lost their parents when Kana was 2 and Kai was 6. They were visiting Ba Sing Se. When they were they were apprehended by Sand Benders and two Earth Benders. They wanted money, however they did not have any. So their parents had to protect them, from the benders. Their father and mother were weakened by the earth benders. Their bending was not good enough against the benders. Their father had told them to run, before she could understand what was happening. Kai took her and ran away. To this day, she hadn't known or remembered what had happened to her parents. Her older brother always gives her an excuse about how their parents we're killed. But now she lives a happy carefree life with her older brother as her guardian. She loves to also meet other air benders, and learn things from them  

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

RoleplayPirateNinjaZombie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:11 am
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3028/kojikiairnomad.jpg (mspaint ftw 4laugh )
Name: Koji Kuromura
Bends: Air
Personality: Koji Is like the average adult air nomad. Routine meditations, and very calm about almost everything
Job?: Tea shop employee
Hobbies: Gliding
Weapon: Air nomad Glider and a bladeless sword hilt (Koji uses air bending to create the blade)
Lives: Homeless, at the park.
Bio:Used to live with Air nomads, but recently moved to Republic city and found work at a tea shop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 pm
User Image User Image
User Image
* note: the Mark is a tattoo that is the air nomads way of showing ones procession to a stage of mastery, found along Aigavlovs right eye. Which is usually barely noticeable due to his hair.
~:Name:~
Aigavlov Amidatti

~:Age:~

~:Gender:~
Male

~:Bends:~
Air

~ razz ersonality:~
Naturally Kind and Playful, known to keep a Blank or Cold front when around strangers, and can be severely skeptical at times.

~:Job:~
Martial Artist / Acrobatic Performer.[Tricking]

~:Hobbies:~
Examining motions of the human body, Most any form of Physical training, Acrobatics, and a slue of martial arts; mainly Jiu Jitsu, Taekwondo, and some fundamentals of Capoeira. He also takes interest both visual and liberal arts.

~:Weapon:~
Although Aigavlov focuses on hand to hand combat, he can be seen occasionally with a Dual-Blade Halberd.

~:Lives:~
At a decently sized dojo / performance center where he is living with a majority of his family.

~:Bio:~

- Family Backstory-
Aigavlov comes from a family of radical airbenders, applying their own beliefs and twists to modern airbending. Although still focusing on a pacifistic mindset, the amidatti family has begun to incorporate a more diverse pallete to the fighting style of airbending. They use a mix of Counter-Offensive and Evasive moves, coupled with the original defensive attitude of most Air Nomads. Along with this, an equal balance of Mental, Physical, And Spiritual training are practiced instead of focusing on Mental and Spiritual abilities. Many of the Air Nomads more symbolic gestures, such as Tattooing the body upon mastery, have been tweaked or outright discarded by the family which has practically outcasted them among more traditional benders, yet has gained favor of other bending groups. They have also put more emphasis on high risk, technical acrobatics; most of which are a combination of Gymnastics, Martial arts, and Rhythmic movements. Despite these changes, the family still upholds the very core traditions of the air-nomads, and can be known to take more offense to mockery of their art than any other group of Nomads.

- Personal Life -
Since birth, like many Air Nomads, Aigavlov has devoted himself to the preservation and practice of airbending (albeit a modified version). He has been taught by many members of his family their modified version of airbending, most notably his own mother and father. At the age of ten however, the entirety of the Amidatti family and any practicioners of their style of airbending were driven out of Airbender Island due to their ''extremist'' ways. It was during this that his father, Ziharken Amidatti, was killed by a local crime syndicate after settling in at their current home by the island docks. Through their meditative lifestyle, Aigavlov and his family have found peace in their mentors and fathers death and have continued through their days under his wife's, Llyanna Amidatti's, carefull guidance. Now at the age of seventeen Aigavlov has completed a vast majority of his training, and has begun working on his own as an instructor at his families dojo. It is with this responsibility that he is now allowed outside of the families watch, and can roam Republic City Freely.

LlyanaLuna

loruka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm
User Image

name:
Aoi Amidatti
Bends:
air
personality:
always up for a challenge, especially a fight. Easily angered, somewhat sarcastic, sometimes a little dense, very serious when it comes to perfecting her own art(martial art/bending), and loves to toy when fighting however, and usually end with an overkill.
Hobbies:
fighting while toying with her opponents, practicing different styles of airbending by mixing together different new movements, Martial arts... mostly tae kwon do and Capoeira, tricking
weapons:
If properly prepared for a fight will actually use long bands of cloth either wrapped around her ligaments(arm/legs) or laid all around on the floor(may start out wrapped on her but then thought fight they may end up on the floor.
Lives:
*mystery*
Bio.:
Family back story:
Quote:
"comes from a family of radical airbenders, applying their own beliefs and twists to modern airbending. Although still focusing on a pacifistic mindset, the amidatti family has begun to incorporate a more diverse pallete to the fighting style of airbending. They use a mix of Counter-Offensive and Evasive moves, coupled with the original defensive attitude of most Air Nomads. Along with this, an equal balance of Mental, Physical, And Spiritual training are practiced instead of focusing on Mental and Spiritual abilities. Many of the Air Nomads more symbolic gestures, such as Tattooing the body upon mastery, have been tweaked or outright discarded by the family which has practically outcasted them among more traditional benders, yet has gained favor of other bending groups. They have also put more emphasis on high risk, technical acrobatics; most of which are a combination of Gymnastics, Martial arts, and Rhythmic movements. Despite these changes, the family still upholds the very core traditions of the air-nomads, and can be known to take more offense to mockery of their art than any other group of Nomads."

Personal life:
while training excessively under the households prefecture of the Amidatti clans own airbending style, aoi came to realize that in order to fully bring the full potential of the bending style, she would have to look to other sources; upon having this Epiphany, she decided on sharing her ideas with the rest of her clan... by mocking them and their style.The amidatti clan
Quote:
"can be known to take more offense to mockery of their art than any other group of Nomads."
therefore upon hearing this she was shunned by; and ex-communicated. she then vowed to return only after mastering her new airbending style and dominate her old clan. The first step so was to analyze which movements were more effective than others. She took a large interest in the probending's style of striking (mostly using the upper body(arms,hands) while using the hip motion to increase both power, and speed.) although she wasn't very fond of only using the upper body as a medium to strike, she did take a large interest into the hip rotation movement that allowed for increased velocity, which was especially potent in airbending. The next major style she took interest in was the style of chi-blocking. In order to learn chi-blocking, she secretly joined the equalist movement and thus began her training as a chi-blocker. During her time in the equalist movement, she almost brainwashed herself into forgetting who she was, and what her purpose was for being in the movement in the first place. However, one day while shopping for food, ran into her cousin form the amidatti clan, who had supported her theory, however at the time was fearful of the times current leaders... ironically only two years after the incident, he has become an amidatti master himself. Upon reuniting with aigavlov(her cousin) remembered her purposed, and never returned to the equalist movement. after wasting a whole two-months in the equalist movement without practicing bending, she had expected herself to be even worse(as most would) than before when she joined the equalist movement, she had actually progressed further, and with her new found increased agility, was able to perform the hip rotation, and amidatti style of overall body rotation(similar to Capoeira) with much more ease, and grace.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm
User ImageName: Tien Li Hou
Personality: Smart, thoughtful, stubborn, Unsure in social situations, and elegant.
Job?: Student
Hobbies: Studying, reading, politics, history, and writing.
Weapon: Fan.
Lives: Air Temple Island
Bio:
Tien is the oldest child of the Hou family, a wealthy family, who has never told most of her family about her bending abilities. The only member who know about her being an air bender was her father, Chang,who died five years ago. Tien's father was a advocate for non-benders and their treatment as he himself felt oppressed. He only hoped that his children did as well feel the same way. Because of what he had done he was held as a hero to both benders and non-benders. He used the position of Tien as an air bender to help their family get to the spot they were now. The linage of her father was from the earth nation as he had uncles and brothers who were earthbenders.
Tien's mother, Michi, came from the loins of an waterbender father and a waterbender mother. She has three younger siblings. After her came a sister, Wen, and two younger brothers Ren and Yuu. She hasn't told them about being a bender and as far as she knows, through the letters she gets, they are all non-benders. Tien doesn't know much about them because she hasn't lived with them since she found her bending powers.
Tien started her airbending training at the age of eight under Tenzin's school. The year after she found out that she could bend. She studied hard to please both her teacher and her father. Her mother always thought that she was at a high class school for education, which was only partly true. Tien did study hard and got into a university at the age of sixteen. She still studies at the university with her favorite subjects being history and politics. She hopes to become a politician in order to please both non-benders and benders.

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

X_Ghost_S

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 pm
User Image
Name: Hanzo
Personality: Calm,Outgoing,Happy,Secretive
Job?: None.
Hobbies: Training Air Arts and Walking around the park
Weapon: white sword hilt, which means it has no blade, and is used for airbending purposes
Lives: In an Apartment that has view of the Temple and Aang Statue, also the sea.
Bio: Hanzo was raised in the Air Temple Island, but his temptation to go and see the outside world broke him and left the Temple to explore. Once he knew how to bend properly and completed half of his training he left, Hanzo explored republic city and other places to know about the outside world, until he knew the sudden death of his master which made him go back to Republic city from a long journey, when he came back nobody knew how his master died but he has his suspicions like the Equalist, mourned everyday from the death of his master, Hanzo moved forward to become stronger and an airbender master without the help from the temple, he now resides in Republic city living in the big city.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 am
User Image

Name: Aoi Lien
Personality: She's a little more militant than most air nomads, though Aoi would prefer to not hurt someone if she could. She's usually quiet and calm, only really showing excitement when she's bending or preforming. Her more militant attitude makes her more likely to fight back and pressure her opponent.
Job?: Professional Strategist/ Acrobatic performer
Hobbies: Strategy Games, Bending, Sitting by the lake
Weapon: Glider staff, Her bending
Lives: In an apartment complex with a view of the island.
Bio:Aoi didn't always live in Republic City. She used to live in the Western Air Temple, training and learning to master her bending. She gained her mastery tattoos when she was 15, after mastering 34 of the 36 tiers, and creating her own side style of airbending, which to this day she works on perfecting.

After gaining her tattoos, she traveled, her travels eventually taking her to Repulic City a year later. She decided that the Island would be a good place to make a start, and maybe even finally perfect her invented style. She ended up renting an apartment, and splits her time between performing, and training on the island.  

neodrac54

6,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 pm
User Image
Name: Jikan
Personality: Jikan is very secretive. He makes friends easily but he doesn’t trust a lot of people, if any. He gets angered easily though.
Job?: Sato mobile workshop
Hobbies: fishing, fighting, and attending pro-bending matches
Weapon: Metal claws
Lives: On air temple island
Bio: Jikan grew up poor. His parents had given him up for adoption, because they didn’t want to deal with a bender as a child. Both parents were benders themselves, but they each renounced bending and don’t use it. Jikan was taken in by an air bender monk, who then trained him in his air bending. Jikan was different from other air benders. He loved to fight and the meditating side of things wasn’t in his interest. Sometimes he’d do stealing jobs or bodyguard jobs with the gangs of republic city. One day he was sure that he’d be joining a gang, but the possibility of being a police was an option. He overall wanted to fight for a living. Jikan currently goes to almost every pro bending match and is looking for a female to complete his life.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm
Name:Ruri
Bends:Air
Personality:Unlike most air benders he's hot headed and quick to figh, He's kind and flirty at times as well.
Job?:possible pro bender/Street acrobat
Hobbies:bending,fighting, & acrobatics
Weapon:hidden wrist knifes and other hidden blades.
Lives surprised n the Republic City Streets
Much about Ruri is Unknow to anyone, even himself. Ruri at the age of 7 was in a termatic accident. All that is known is the his family and him were found in a hot air baloon out side Republic City. His family was found dead. Now Ruri fights to regain his lost memories.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Teskci Necro

Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

lDelta

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm
User Image

Name: Nel Ichiriki.
Personality: Cocky, sarcastic, tough, broad. She's an overall 'boyish' woman when it comes to her job, and that's what makes her so successful.
Job?: Pro-Bending.
Hobbies: Playing her Ukelele, humming/whistling/singing and practically messing about with her bending.
Weapon: Automated glider staff (Steampunkish), wristblades/ankleblades.
Lives: Previously Air Temple Island, now in the Slums of Republic City.
Bio: Nel was originally raised on Air Temple Island, but left when she was old enough to explore the city further, as she was never allowed to do. She'd always wanted to pro-bend, too. Listening to the matches via radio, and sneaking off the island whenever possible. Eventually, when she finally escaped from her prison-of-a-home and made it to the centre of Republic City, she auditioned for a spot on a Pro-Bending team, and made it with ease as a sign-off for a water bender. (So a team was composed of Air, Fire and Earth. Not Water, Fire and Earth.)

Since then, she has lived in Republic City with her pet Tiger-dog.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm
lArchangel

No your profile is fine. You just need to post it here. And you'll be alright to RP now.  

MsRetroGeek

Shy Cutie-Pie

Losseth

Dapper Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm
User Image
Name: Arashi 'Akira' Ochitsuite
Bends: Air Bending [Sound Manipulation Secondary]
Personality: I am loyal to a fault and that is combined with a dangerous level of daring and intelligence. Many people find it hard if not almost impossible to out-smart me with tricks and games because of this alone. I am also quite stubborn and if I get my mind set on something I am very difficult to deter from it. I guess that is why have trouble when it comes to dealing with authority, but in the end I will always show some odd form of respect for it. I am also a little bit eccentric considering I do not care if I stand out in a crowd. I just want to have fun after all and if that means I catch a few odd-glances then so be it! I guess if you wanted to use the right terminology I have great interpersonal skills and enjoy playing the 'peacemaker'. I usually find the best solution for both sides if I end up in the middle of a fight by using what I value or a combination of my view and the other persons. I guess you could say that makes me a 'warm' person, I mean I am not mean unless you are rude to me first. Then again even then I might choose to overlook it because of the fact you are just the antagonist to the story of my life! The world is my stage and I am here to entertain after all is said and done!
Job: Republic City Police Force: Spy
Hobbies: Seeing using 'air' currents and sound, spying, dancing and acrobatics.
Weapon: Her hands, feet, air bending, and bladed fans.
Lives: Republic City Slums [Saves her money at an extreme level; spends only when needed]
Bio: Arashi was raised by an air-bender mother who was left alone when her father was taken in by the police force for armed robbery. She was raised in the slums and though she was skilled in air-bending never used it unless it was her subtle breezes. She used the breezes to navigate the city because of her blindness which people often fail to notice. When the girl was ten she found that if concentrating she could manipulate sound waves with air. It was this skill that made her money in the beginning because she could easily gather information for various gang leaders. Eventually she honed her skills so that she could deliver a message stealthily keeping it inaudible until it reached the ears of her target receiver. When the police force caught wind of this girl, more so of her cry for help after being captured, they saved her and offered her a job with them. Seeing it as a chance to care for her sickly mother and keep money coming in she took it without a single question.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image
(I made it myself 3nodding )
Name: Airi
Personality: bubbly, fun, optimistic, understanding, literal, mischievous, animal loving, and people loving cutie
Job?: "OMG, PRO BENDING!" She wishes, unemployed
Hobbies: daydreaming
Weapon: just her staff
Lives: Air Temple, but she makes regular visits to Republic City
Bio: Airi got permission to continue her air bending training in the Air Temple next to Republic City and she is super excited to get out of the clouds and into the city. She wants so badly to be a Pro-Bender but her teacher tells her to focuse on her studies. For now, she simple wonders along with her sky bison, Tea (yes she named him that herself)  

The_Ap3

Greedy Noob

6,250 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200

sekirei_02_matsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 pm
User Image

Name: Kome
Personality: Quite, calm, eager, love to meet new people, nervous, fights only when needs to
Job?: None but looking
Hobbies: Practicing airbending, making tea,the air temple island visiting now and then, flying around on her sky bison shigaru
Weapon: Fans
Lives: use to live in the air temple, recent nowhere
Bio: She dosent really know about her parents but she knew her mom was a airbender but her dad wasnt a bender . She grew up on air temple island her uncle taught her everything he know and he gave her a sky bison and she named it shigaru. she was able to leave the island and come back when ever she wants.  
Character Profiles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff