[PRP] Storm Warning [Raindart/Omen]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The spring rains had arrived to wash away the last shreds of winter, and they came with a vengeance, plummeting down from the sky like a waterfall. It was supposed to be day time, but grey clouds had cast the world into a state of grey half-light. It was certainly a very wet world that Omen trotted through, head bowed and tail flicking now and then in a half-hearted show of annoyance. It wasn’t that he didn’t like the rain; it was enjoyable enough, but it reminded him of the dream that had given him his name, but today he would rather have been curled up warm and dry.

The buck stopped under the partial sanctuary of a large tree, swinging his head to try move wet strands of dark hair from his face. At least he knew one Kimeti that would be enjoying the weather and the Kimeti in mind was exactly why he was out here now. A strange sense of duty kept him in constant check with his siblings. Every few days he would track down his brothers and sisters for a polite chat and ‘how are you?’. It seemed important for him to know they were faring well.

Now, if only he could locate Raindart. Omen waited beneath the tree and listened, ears swiveling forward. He could trust her to be loud. If she was in the general vicinity, he would hear her.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:28 pm
User ImageThe weather was perfect.

That's it, that's all that could describe a deluge of water right where anyone could get it, all fresh and clean and open. Mouth to the sky, whether you got it from food or not, you could taste the life. All the thousands of drops, echoing into a cavernous maze to climb, and run through. Just like her dreams, she had to go upwards, she had to keep running. It'd be perfect if she could and...

Raindart was certainly making the most of the moment. Water slicking down her pelt, driving the black of her fur into darker shades and the pink-purple bolt brighter. She looked like a ghost of bolts, slamming through the swampy territory, although she was keeping it to a sort of track that she was quickly turning to sludge and muck. Her hooves turned up mud, flicking it away in thick chunks, spattering trees where it dripped down. Head ducked forward into the rain, nose flaring slightly, wet tail whipping back and forth with a crack at the tailfur tip. She was a demon of speed!

She fairly flew, feet barely touching the ground as she hit speeds that felt like the endless progression of time, and she started laughing. A bubbling, complex laugh like someone who'd gone over to the crazy side, and wasn't intending on coming back out. Violent, eager, she clipped a tree with a back hoof on a particularly vicious turn, coupled with another burbling laugh, and...

...slammed on the brakes when she saw a grey figure calmly waiting. Oh no, not Omen. She tried to stop, but with her speed, and the mud slicked up from her endless hoofprints of circular design? She sliiiiid forward to fall on her butt in a tidy pile. Her tail flopped down behind her as she stared, pulling her front hooves up against her chest to stay balanced. The stunned second of failure was momentary, before she was up and flicking her tail, sending mud spattering everywhere. The rain had her looking a bit odd, eyes glowing with the intense emotions it gave her, and teeth bared slightly in the panting that drove her ribcage up and down. Mud slicked up her sides and flanks after the fall, and she looked practically deadly.

"What do you want sludge for brain?! Can't you see I'm running here! Don't tell me you're going to interrupt me again, this rain won't last! I need to run."  

Ravenyote

Feral Shapeshifter

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:49 pm
Apparently he had good instincts when it came to finding Raindart, for within moments of his arrival beneath the tree he heard her bubbling, maniacal laughter cutting through the pounding of the rain. The sound caused him a mixture of amusement and concern. There had always seemed something quite a bit odd about her, certainly more so when it rained, though he had to admire the sheer energy she brought to the world. His own manner was so much more sedate.

She came into a view, a bolt of lightening streaking towards him. Omen blinked but did not deign to flinch from her advance, watching calmly as she slid awkwardly to a halt in front of him. Mud splattered across his chest and nose as she rose, causing a brief look of annoyance and a soft sigh.

“As charming as ever I see. Spare me but a moment, sister. Chances are it will rain again before you die.” He replied in a thoroughly bored tone, looking away from her intense gaze. “Nor does it appear as if it will stop raining any time soon.” Secretly Omen thought his sister to be immensely fascinating and quite possibly his favourite, but he could hardly tell her that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 pm
"Not if I die from boredom you great hulk," she snarked, trotting in neat little clipped strides as she proceeded to looking him over. An eyebrow raised, "You look about as happy as a flat toad. Who stepped in your berry pile?"

Another flick of her tail, coated his flank in more mud, and she haughtily raised her head and sashayed away. She'd done it on purpose, obviously since the rain would wash it off it was fine, but such a jerk move. She shot him a toothy leer, "Oi, lazyhooves, shift yourself. Enjoy the rain! You're such a downer, party pooper, grouchy goose!" She hissed actually, and bounded back into her path, sashaying around.

"Let's race! C'mon you need the exercise, you're getting fat," she made the word sing-song, sticking her tongue out at him, "You aren't ruining my day by making me stand around and chat with you like an idiot! Unless you want me to place a pair of hooves firmly into your backside to get you going!" She kicked her back hooves out, dropping them and rearing up, to kick her forelocks and walk a step. She was eager, excited, and she snapped her teeth and flicked her mane.

To think, this was one of her better moods.  

Ravenyote

Feral Shapeshifter

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm
“… hulk… fat…” Omen repeated some of her choice insults, brow furrowing as if he could not believe she would dare behave in such an unladylike manner. Normally he didn’t respond to any of her barbs; she was far easier to handle when he pretended she wasn’t behaving like a foal… but fat.

Unfortunately Omen had been born with some small vanity and he was quite proud of his lean, well-muscled appearance. He drew himself up to his full height and stared down at her with a look of disdain. “Is a simple conversation ever too much to ask from you?” He threw his head back and gave a beleaguered sigh, eyeing the muddy track ahead. Unlike Raindart, he did not usually run in the rain and chances were he would break his neck, but he was quietly eager to show he could keep up with his lightening born sister.

He sidestepped out from his tree shelter, letting the rain wash away the mud she had so rudely flicked across his side. “Keep your hooves away from my backside.” Omen warned as he flexed his muscles. At least with her he was able to release a little bit of pent up energy. “Shall we then?” The buck did not wait for a reply; he simply surged forward and away down the muddy path. Hardly gentlemanly, but she was going to beat him anyway; he may as well take a head start.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 pm
Raindart's eyes gleamed with that look of absolutely loving getting him where it hurt. She'd have to dig at the spot later like a sore tooth when she was feeling more up to it, but for now she was in just the oh so best of moods. He got a pass for the moment, a rain check so to speak.

She rolled her eyes at his complaints, "Oooh, scared of a little mud brother?" She even bumped flanks with him, more teasingly sweet than anything at the moment. She'd managed to get him on a track! To run! She was a master of manipulation, and obviously the best kimeti to ever be born, ever.

And then he took off on her, and she flustered at the view of him leaving her behind like so much trash, "Hey! Cheater cheat!" She slammed hooves into the mud, and after the initial slide she was off, following him at a sluggish run. She started off by driving her hooves way too hard because of her anger. She ended up slicking up her progress before she ascended into a prance, and then a gallop, eating up ground with her stride. Omen wasn't a slouch by any measure, but she was the best! Always!

It hurt her pride it took more than a few seconds to catch up. But by then she was falling into her stride, and actually settled to matching him rather than pulling ahead into one of her frantic barreling all out runs.

"Wow, couldn't see for the wobbling of your hind quarters," she teased breathlessly. She swatted him with her tail, "You move fast for a big guy!" There was a twinkle in her eye, she was smiling, she was soaked. Sailing along the mud with long strides and feeling the pelt of water on her. She transformed again, still a sharp acidic bite, but the way her face tilted into the rain and she breathed deep with eyes closed...

Somewhere under the vain, haughty, mean old doe's exterior was something deep. Maybe when she matured she'd find it properly and be able to show it, maybe not.

"C'mon slow poke! Move your handsome hooves!" she shouted, and put on a turn of speed, sliding around the slicked up corner using the mud to effectively drift. That alliterative showoff.  

Ravenyote

Feral Shapeshifter

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:26 pm
Omen ran.

His body responded slowly at first; his muscles were not used to such exertion (maybe he had been getting a little lazy and tubby!) and there was a moment when he could not seem to gather any speed at all. Then he stretched forward, hooves pounding the ground as he pushed forward, muscles now moving smoothly. For a time forget he was racing someone and that Raindart was somewhere behind him. Omen simply exalted in the feeling of throwing himself into the storm. Rain lashed at his face and threatened his vision, making the path blur in front of him, but he kept onwards, pounding through the mud.

It was only when she came up beside him that Omen remembered his sister and he gasped out an odd laugh. Of course she had caught up to him. Was she even trying? Still, the look of pleasure on her face made this little exercise all worth it. He did respond to her jibes, hardly having breath to do so. But the buck increased his speed, pushing his body to the limits in order to keep up.

However he did not take the corner quite as elegantly as she did and for a moment it seemed as though he would loose his footing and go straight into the ground but his legs held steady as he awkwardly turned and slid, legs splayed and bent. No, not elegant, but at least it wasn’t a face full of mud. Having lost a good deal of speed, he charged onwards with his gaze fixed on her retreating flank.

He pushed and was surprised when he managed to catch up, though he was doubtful as to whether he could overtake her. The buck was just behind Raindart and he reached forward, mindful of her flying back hooves, to n** at her rump. A she did so he called in a laughing breath, “The wobble of my hindquarters is nothing compared to yours, sister dear.”  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:16 am
It was good to see her brother enjoying something she liked, honestly. People thought she was crazy sometimes running through the rain and muck like she did. Dart looked back over her shoulder to catch his awkward little dance with balance and cracked up, that maniacal off laughter of hers. Just a little too shrill to be entirely sane, but more than willing to be a real reaction to humor. Odd that one.

She was proud of him when she heard the mixed beat of hooves sloshing through the mud behind her. Catching up was he? I'll have to get him for that.

"Lazy gut!" she shrieked when he nipped her unexpectedly. She kicked up with feet towards his chest, slid on her front hooves and reverse kicked, slowing down and falling to the side unbalanced. The whole thing sent her toppling into the mud. Whereas he was avoiding it, she took the fall in good temper, rolling in the mud like a foal and growling. It was all very theatrical and funny looking to be honest.

"Nonono! I've lost! To a grub scoffing old buck with skinny crane legs!" She was complaining loudly, flicking all her limbs like a spider dying in the muck before she collapsed, the very image of the saddest young doe to ever exist. Truly, she was the most pitiable scene ever... At least to her. Honestly from the outside she looked silly, and kind of like a wet rat. She moved slowly trying to get up, but the mud sucked and splorched, and she just flopped back down and stared after Omen morosely.

"I'm stuck again, and its all your fault. I blame you. Besides! My wobble is socially acceptable," she grinned suddenly, fangs bared white, "It brings attention from all the bucks~."  

Ravenyote

Feral Shapeshifter

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 pm
As Raindart’s kick sent her tumbling forward, Omen slammed his back hooves down to slow his progress. He slid for a bit along the path before coming to a halt alongside his sister in an awkward splayed leg position. “Raindart…” He began, and then fell silent in order to watch on in horror as she rolled about with no regard to etiquette or oh gosh all that mud. The buck didn’t bother telling her off this time; he simply tried to avoid the mud she was spraying up with every wave of her legs.

“You can’t really be stuck.” Omen said, moving to stand over her once she had stopped thrashing about. He looked completely unmoved by her rather pitiful show and his familiar disapproving stare at reappeared. “All the wrong bucks perhaps.” The buck nudged her with one hoof and then circled around. If she hadn’t fallen, she would have soon pulled away from him, so it didn’t seem right to claim himself a winner of their race.

“Come on, get up…”  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:41 am
Dart couldn't help but think that Omen was funny looking when he splayed like that, like he'd just found ice for the first time or something. She shook her head, spattering mud a little bit.

"I am stuck, don't tell me what's true and what's not," she'd wriggled herself down into the mud, and it was actually taking some effort to unhook herself from it's wrathful climb up her flanks. The buck joke went wrong, obviously, and she flopped her head down to rest for a moment before surging to her hooves with a tremendous pop and a snarl to match in size.

It took some effort, for a second she looked actually doomed to die in the muck, but then she was on her feet. She unsteadily wobbled to his side, rain washing the muck off rather easily through her coarse fur. She was built for this sort of thing anyways.

"Hmpth, of course they are. No buck's really good enough for me," a curl of her lip, previous comfort taken from the rain gone, "They're simply play things, no one good enough to stand alongside of me. Bleh, romance. I bet you have it in your head you can find true love," she stalked forward a few paces and then shook herself off, out of range of splattering him for once.

"There's no such thing, only fools who trick themselves into believing in it. It's a joke, a funny joke, something we've convinced ourselves is true, but it's not." She turns glowing eyes on him with such an air of barely hidden rage that she looked anything but docile for a moment.

"I assume you've had your needed little chat with me. Anything else?" Not even the rain was fixing the damper that had put on her spirits at least for now. The very idea of him disapproving of her choices in bucks, secretly, made her dismiss anyone she might be looking at at the moment. If other people didn't think them good enough, why should she? She hated the subject anyways. No one put up with the doe's antics and general bad temper on the best of days, so while she longed for companionship she was stifled at every turn. Mocked by other kin being in love. Following this downward trail of thoughts caused her to drop her head, shoulder-blades up and shifting like a hunter or someone very uncomfortable.  

Ravenyote

Feral Shapeshifter

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:58 pm
Cat Silver

When she managed to pop up out of the mud, he looked relieved that he would not have to get himself any muddier by helping her up. The buck had started forward to offer a brotherly shoulder bump but he pulled up short when he spotted a familiar, nasty glint in her eyes. Her ranting began, and his ears fell back with displeasure.

“… I believe no such thing.” Omen responded to her taunt about him finding true love, something bitter underlining his words. But he was unflinching when faced by her sudden rise of anger. “However, if you want love, you will find it. I’m sure there is someone nice out there willing to look past your ridiculous antics and sharp tongue…”

When her head dropped the buck gave a weary sort of sigh and continued. “… to the insane but wonderful doe within.” Well, a rather double edged compliment, but he allowed a bit of warmth to enter his gaze. “You at least have more chance than love than I.” He snorted, flicking water off his hair.

“I am done now anyway, thank you for you time Raindart.”  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff