[PRP] Word Vomit (Elvis & S'chor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm
As an experiment Elvis had decided he would start singing; it seemed like something fun to do. The problem was that he didn't want anyone to hear him practicing until he thought he was good enough to impress any listeners he might acquire. He was certain that once he got to that point, everyone would be hugely impressed by his amazing abilities, but first he had to practice.

Elvis had been practicing for all of seven and a half minutes before he decided he'd practiced enough and was now ready for an audience. Rather than look for his mother or any siblings, the pale furred lion called out for his two serpentine companions, Grayslan and Memfis, who had not been particularly far away to begin with. Elvis appreciated their promptness.

"I am going to give a concert," he announced, "and the two of you are going to be my audience. This is my very first concert, so you two are very lucky. Someday you'll be able to say you were my first fans."

He looked around for an appropriate staging area. Maybe he should've found that before calling the snakes. He'd know better next time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 am
User Image

S'chor was wandering around the swamp as usual when she caught sight of one of her brothers. Elvis, and he seemed to be looking for something. The lioness raised a mental eyebrow. She seriously doubted that he was looking for something even remotely logical. After all, that was just the way her brothers seemed to work. No sense, not one jot amongst the lot of them.

"What are you doing?" she asked, resignation and exasperation coloring her tone. Really, she didn't know why she bothered asking. She wasn't going to understand the answer, no matter what it was.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am
mouselet

"Oh!" Elvis exclaimed, taken completely by surprise by his sister's appearance. "Um. Nothing. I'm not doing anything."

Around his feet two snakes made serpentine sounds of amusement. He shot the pair a dirty look and then pretended to ignore them. They thought they knew better because they grew up so much faster than he had. Well, he wasn't always going to be young. He wanted to enjoy it while he could.

"I'm just, uh. Nothing. Anyway, what are you doing? I haven't seen you around here before."

He wasn't doing a very good job of not being suspicious, Elvis realized. He didn't even need Memfis and Grayslan to make their sibilant snickering noises to tell him that. He would do better from now on, though he wasn't even sure why he didn't want S'chor to know what he was up to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 pm
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Like S'chor believed him for a moment. Especially given the guilty look and all. How should she respond to him? The lioness considered the problem.

'You may not have seen me here before, but I've been here." She kept herself from adding a "duh" at the end there, but it was a hard thing to do. "It's not that far from Mom & Dad's den to here," the black juvenile went on, disdain clear in her voice.

"You're not doing anything bad, are you?" she asked suspiciously.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:45 am
mouselet

"'Bad?'" Elvis repeated, mustering up as much wounded pride and offended dignity as he could (which was a great deal for a cub his age). "Of course I'm not doing anything bad. I was just."

It occurred to him that perhaps lying to her would not be the best option, given how poorly the last one had gone. And that one hadn't even been a real lie. Just an evasion. Time to change the subject. "Well, anyway. I've never seen you around here before. What are you doing here?"

He regarded her suspiciously, as if she had some nefarious purpose in joining him. To his surprise, both Grayslan and Memfis stopped wrapping themselves around his ankles to peer at her through their round-pupiled eyes. They, too. would like to know the answer to that one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 am
Note to self. Elvis couldn't deceive anyone about anything. It was good to know, but kind of useless at the moment. S'chor wasn't sure which of them was older, but she sure felt as if she was in this moment.

"Maybe I get bored of wandering around the same places at the same time of day. Maybe I wanted to mix it up," she answered. The juvenile was intrigued by the snakes. She didn't have any snakes and he had two. And they were looking at her. Kind of...ew. Maybe she didn't want any snakes.

"Really, what are you doing? It's not like I'm going to go tell Mom or Dad - unless if it really is something bad." Always point that out. She didn't want Dad shaking her by the scruff of her neck again. Better to be the one pointing out how other siblings were getting into trouble. Better by far.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 pm
"Well, this is hardly a good place for mixing things up," Elvis said defensively. "It's really, really boring. I don't know why you'd think otherwise if you've been here before."

That seemed like sound reasoning to him, but from the soft hisses his snakes made they were not impressed by his logic. So probably S'chor wouldn't be either. Well, you couldn't win them all. When he was older he intended to win them all, but he knew he was still young, and so it was all right for him not to be amazing at everything yet. He was still amazing at most things.

"I was just looking for a place that had a good sound," he said. Surely that would be cryptic enough that she would dismiss him as being ridiculous and go away. All this talking was ruining the preparation he'd done for singing anyway, and if she didn't leave soon he wouldn't be able to put on his show at all. That would be so frustrating!

mouselet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:06 am
The lioness blinked. "A new sound? What in the name of the spirits is that supposed to mean?" she demanded of her brother. Really. Sometimes she had to wonder if they were really from the same litter.

"Besides, where would you find someplace like that in a swamp?" S'chor continued. Sometimes her brother could be so totally dense. The whole concept of giving a conert was just...weird. And only Elvis could've come up with such a dumb idea anyway.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 am
Elvis heaved a mighty sigh that his serpentine companions echoed, probably just because they liked the way it sounded when they did that. Actually, Elvis kind of liked it, too, since it had a way of making it seem like he was sighing for much longer than he actually was. He should try to figure out a way to incorporate that into his singing somehow. Another time.

"I didn't say a new sound. I said a good sound. A place where things...sound...better..." He trailed off as he realized how little chance he had of explaining himself in a way that would make sense. His sister wasn't an artist. She would never understand.

"Anyway, I was looking for one, but it's not here, so I think I'm just going to be going now." Elvis flashed an insincere smile that was very close to being a grimace. "Come on Gray, Mem."

With that, he beat a hasty retreat, hoping that if he moved quickly enough, he could escape his sister, and maybe she'd forget all about this by the time they saw each other at home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:57 am
Boys were weird, and Elvis was weirder than most. Seriously. What was her brother thinking? And with his little hissy friends trailing after him...she had no idea what to make of any of it. S'chor was tempted to follow and find out what was going on, but it was almost certainly going to be dumb. And dumb meant a waste of time.

"Fine, whatever you want, weirdo," she threw over her shoulder as she left in the opposite direction.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces