Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
{ BOSS FIGHT } The ??? Room CONQUEST THE END P.16!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 pm
04.17.2012 ????

Allan looked a little like he was about to explode.

From sheer joy. His eyes practically sparkled as he turned to look at the giant oriental towers made entirely out of delicate carved wood to the thin bridges that arced over the serene waters. The atmosphere was strange, delicate almost, despite the unexplainable feeling: a sort of agitating hum, a prickling sensation that pervaded past the skin. Even the trainees' weapons were quiet for the most part, quiet and self-aware. This was not the human world, the thick quality of Fear permeating everywhere was evidence enough.

They should not linger here for too long as overexposure to too much Fear often lead to unwanted consequences, especially for those unable to handle the radiation. The grim looks on the other Sun Hunters waiting for them, in a long cavern below was more than enough confirmation for their uncertainty. There was a reason they normally used golems for missions into Halloween, but why now were they not, unless-

- At Simon's subtle cough, the Sun lead finally sobered, taking a good glance at the underground cavern. The buzzing was louder now, the Fear from the glyph in the center of the room radiating odd, nauseating waves of power. The ebb and flow of the fluctuating Fear created a strange feeling, a stronger disorientation, as if sapping the life of everything around it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Well, lessee," The Sun lead began, obviously in a much better mood than his Sahara run, "I think...." he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "That...." More chin rubbing. Then scratching, then posing. He looked at the half-filled tiles and then at the two piles of stone slabs, to his left and right, one pile of red glyphs and the other blue. "I..... think we need those."

Simon immediately pulled out his cell phone. "The most efficient method will require trainees placing the tiles in alternating colour order, one red one blue. Tiles are not to be repeated."

Allan nodded as if he knew this all along. "Well, let's get started then. Up we go." He picked up several tiles, taking two steps until the Sun assistant lead stopped him.

"The barrier team requires our assistance outside, in order to save time."

A little crestfallen, the Sun leader put the tiles back down on the ground and saluted the trainees. "Well, have fun placing stuff. You can do it, because you are nakama." Insert inspirational smile. Simon dragged him away, not daring to look back, which was probably a favour for the trainees as friendly fire would prove most inefficient for this exercise.

OOC

THE GLYPH ROOM

RULES:

RED GLYPHS:
http://zoo.thesporkedken.com/glyphsetred.png

BLUE GLYPHS:
http://zoo.thesporkedken.com/glyphsetblue.png

- All trainees must use the two glyph sets below to map out and post glyphs with the template. This is very simple. Download both glyph sets. Copy and paste which glyph you want to use for your turn onto the template, but look at the persons's glyph template post above you to make sure not to overlap.
- Postthe new template with YOUR GLYPH result in your post.
- Make sure to use the IC rules too: alternate glyph colours, don't post the same glyphs period.
- PLEASE BEFORE YOU EDIT YOUR RP FOR THE RP SECTION, POST THE UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE WITH YOUR CHOICE FIRST SO THE NEXT PERSON CAN POST THEIRS

-EXAMPLE:

- Steve looks at the glyph set and chooses a RED glyph that has not been used. Steve ICly will rp their char Susan picking up a RED glyph tile and pasting it down. He will then paste a LINK (URL) of the UPDATED TEMPLATE with their glyph they chose pasted onto the template (with any sort of art program).

-TEMPLATE:

*** RP HERE*****

((OOC: UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE: LINK HERE
TOTAL NUMBER OF RED GLYPHS PLACED:
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLUE GLYPHS PLACED: ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 am
[Enter]

Jerry was breathless as he listened to Allan's instructions, clinging to his weapon and hanging on to every word. Symbols go in... corresponding areas. Right. He... he could figure that out, right? Even so, he glanced frantically around to see if there was any sign of Jordan yet.

If a wrong move was to be made... he didn't want it laying solely on his shoulders.

HP: 35/50
Items:
Runic Bandages (Allan- unused)
Communication device
Runic Daggers
Pack of tissues

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 am
[entering]

This was definitely not the human world. The sense of Fear hung thick in the air, almost palpable even to human senses; Ferros had quieted, even the soft hiss and rumble of his presence muting oddly. Jordan moved out of the way of the portal, closer to the glyphs in the center of the room; as he got a better look at them, recognition shocked through him in a sudden wave.

These were the same glyphs. He listened to Allan and Simon's instructions; they were to place the glyphs in alternating order with no repeats.

Then the division head and the assistant were gone. Jordan hesitated only a moment. Then he pulled his phone out and opened the images of the key he'd found. He moved closer to the center of the room, ignoring the weird sense of disorientation as best he could, glancing from the glyphs on the ground to the key on his phone and back. "Omega and Theta, hm," he said to himself, then looked up at the others currently in the cavern. "Don't start placing glyphs yet, guys," he said. "I have something that might be able to help with the right order."

HP: 40/50
Pack: Charge packet, modified pendant  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:38 am
"Jordan, oh, thank goodness!" Jerry breathed with relief, hurrying towards his fellow intermediate, "The m-maze was p-pretty terrible, I'm ah... g-glad you made it out in one piece are you wounded any?" He hesitated when he finally digested that his friend was *thinking*. "Right! Um! Do you have er... any ideas? Where to start i mean? I wish I had a notebook, we could try to work it out but alas, ahahaha..." He was nervous, and babbling. But while they were no longer in darkness, what they were left in left his stomach twisting and his leg aching and even Roar had stopped his usual commentary. It was unsettling, to say the least.  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 am
"A couple of scrapes but no big deal," Jordan said absently, waving Jerry's question off. "I do have an idea where to start, actually - mm, I wish I had something to mark the floor with, damn - let's see. Five-letter combinations," he muttered. "Wait - is this a Greek alphabet? s**t, it is, it's a direct analogue!"

He paced rapidly around the area with the glyphs. "Does that mean using five-letter combinations in English or in Greek? Or is it referring to single letters - damn, that's not helpful - Jerry, come here and take a look at this, did you take any Greek while you were in school?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:52 am
[ entering from outskirts ]

Ofelia was. . . kind of mad now. First a tunnel maze thing, and now puzzles? Was Deus trying to show everyone just how much of an idiot the poor sun hunter really was? Mazes were not her forte, she'd just gotten stupid lucky in the tunnels, and now they were being asked to stack things in an order and hope for the best? Ofelia would like to be shot please, it would be less painful for everyone. She was thinking about maybe smashing her head against a rock, feigning a head injury, when she noticed two others here already and her face brightened.

The teen might not know what the hell to do but she could at least ask and move stuff around for people? She was strong, that was it. Strong and possessed of a stupidly high pain tolerance. "Jordan! Dude Ah dunno! Howdy!" She jogged over to the pair, her hand raised in a wave even though it was just...the three of them. Maybe she thought they'd confuse her with a tile or something, her hair was just as red as some of the pieces. "What we got here? A puzzle?"

Bilious
Prolixity

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 am
Jerry flushed, floundering as he looked around at the symbols, brows knitting, "Not unless you count Greek Theater. And I hardly remember it," He shook his head, "A lot of togas. Not enough ah, catchy tunes." He smiled weakly, brows furrowed as he squinted one eye shut to try to get a clearer view. The missing lens of his glasses was starting to give him a headache now that there were things to actually look at.

He jumped when a trainee suddenly bounded towards them, glancing over to look her over. He'd seen her around Deus, but hadn't been properly introduced as far as he could recall, "Er... H-hello! Jerry Collins, Sun Intermediate ah... yeah, we're just trying to ponder a game plan. Do you know any Greek er... Miss?" Judging by the accent and the look in her eye, he somewhat doubted it.

"Er... Does it really matter which symbols we use? I wish there was a way to er... test it."

Rown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 am
"Myths and morality plays," Jordan said. "Hi, Ofie, give me a minute, I'm trying to think. Hmm. Sequences - there must be a key to it, probably in the phrasing - damn, I really wish I knew if - wait." He flicked back to the text message he'd received earlier and stared at it, frowning. "I set the runes - s**t, wait, how - " He looked up, eyes flickering around the room rapidly, resting briefly on faces and moving on. "It's on the Deus network, and that means that - "

His eyes went suddenly wide, an uncharacteristically open, obvious look of shock settling on his face. "No ******** way," he breathed.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 am
Jerry had gotten used to the 'f-word' constantly thrown at him since rooming with a certain Deus Therapist.

Even so, he still winced a bit at Jordan's sudden use of profanity. "Er... what?" He glanced to the cellphone in his hand, adjusting his ruined glasses to try to get a glimpse himself of what could have startled the other man. "Jordan?" He gently set his hand on his shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 am
Ofelia cackled at Jerry's question towards her, her laughter not cruel at all but rather happy and honest. She liked him with his assumption already that she was going to be useful. He was the one who was smart right? He had both eyes and glasses and his name was Jerry.

Why did that name sound familiar? Hmmm.

"By all means, call me Ofie. Mah name's actually Ofelia Tanner but goin' by Ofie's easier on everyone. S'nice ta meetcha Jerry an' no, Ah dun speak Greek. Ah dun even like their food, too kinda...greek-y for me." Oh god, just go ahead and show your ignorance all in one hand Ofelia. At least she was still smiling, nodding her head to Jordan, but her smile quickly dropped the moment her mentor cursed loudly. Had she ever heard him curse?

Nope.

"S'up? Didja notice sommin'?" Please say he had, oh man she just wanted to follow some instructions right now.

Meanwhile, inside her head, Rue was silent as a church mouse. It was something in the air, or so Ofelia assumed, as even she noticed that it felt sort of weird. Maybe the sooner the puzzle was done the better?

Rown

Friendly Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:15 am
Jordan shook his head, shaking off the dazed moment, and grinned at Jerry and Ofie. "Greek letters," he said, and flipped back to the glyph key. "Look, with the translation along with it it's so obvious, I don't know how I missed - dude, Jerry, your glasses," he interrupted himself, belatedly noticing the problem. "Are you okay?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 am
"Nevermind my glasses, man, spit it out!" Jerry gave a sharp nervous laugh, still completely baffled as to where Jordan was going with all of this.  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:26 am
"Yeah, by all means. Yer speakin' Greek an' Ah'd really like ta know what Ah can do ta help out." Ofelia was practically thinking about leaning on Jordan if he didn't spill right away.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 am
"Here," Jordan said, angling his phone so that the translation key on the screen was visible. "It's a direct analogue to Greek; in fact, the glyphs themselves are Greek letters, slightly distorted, but still recognizable once you know what you're looking at. We're looking for possible five-letter sequences."

He pulled up the text he'd gotten earlier in the day next. "OMEGA and THETA, it says. Both omega and theta are five-letter sequences in English; they're also letters in the Greek alphabet. I'll skip the symbolism theory for now, I think this is probably a word or phrase related puzzle. I need to translate the letters already placed, then we can work from there and see if anything becomes obvious as a solution or if it's going to take some more thinking."

He paused. "I have a theory about the sender, but I'm not saying; it's pretty far out. It might mean that we're looking at a Greek letter puzzle keyed in English, though, so don't discount the possibility that it's using English."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 am
Jerry boggled, brows raised as he glanced from phone to Jordan and back again, "I was going to suggest we put them down er... randomly. But... but that's certainly something!" He hoped. Sometimes when you over thought things they became far more complicated than need be.

And other times simple solutions also got your limbs blown off.

"Ah, w-well.." he glanced to the glyphs on the floor and then over Jordan's shoulder to peer with his good lens at the phone screen again, "Looks like... N, R, T over here, right?" It still didn't help any, as far as he could tell.  
{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff