Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Taima - Thunderbird- APPROVED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Taima ("Peal of Thunder")
Nicknames: None

Faction: Monster
Race: Thunderbird

Natural Ability: Shapeshifting: Taima can transform into her natural form, a Cessna-sized bird similar in physiology to a bald eagle.

Personality:

Overachiever: Taima is your typical over-achiever, who will take on too many projects and extracurricular activities and still manage to get everything done--and done well. This isn’t driven by a need to be better than her classmates, but an overwhelming desire to be the best that she can be. However, she hates studying! She’d much rather be outside or doing something more active than studying Boo for Beginners, but she puts a lot of probably-unnecessary pressure on herself to succeed and she doesn’t take failure well.

Independent: Taima’s not a shrinking violet or a damsel in distress. She doesn’t need your help, and she’s perfectly capable of standing on her own two feet--while juggling bowling balls and flaming chainsaws and puppies. She won’t ask for your help, even when all of the homework and projects and self-imposed obligations pile up and stress her out to the point of molting. But if it’s offered, she might take it--maybe--and then only reluctantly while feeling like she’s somehow failed for doing so.

Go Anywhere, Do Anything: More than anything, Taima likes Doing Stuff. Mostly things that get her out of the library or a classroom or her dorm room. She’s willing to try anything at least once, no matter how weird or dangerous it might be. Every experience, good or bad, is a learning experience, and that--more than books and tests and studying--is really what school is for, right? She loves trying new things and ranks boredom just slightly below homework in her top 10 list of Things That Suck.

Force of Nature: Taima can be a little intense sometimes. In an effort to Get s**t Done, Taima will roll right over anyone and anything standing in the way of her goals. This includes other peoples’ opinions and, often, their feelings if they are detrimental to or unnecessary for the task at hand. Hurricane Taima can be a little oblivious to other people’s emotions, but when she blows herself out, she’ll realize how insensitive she’s been. Usually. Sometimes. This passion is also evident in the more social aspects of her life; she'll fight just as hard to defend a friend or champion a good cause as she will to meet every deadline and ace every test.

Ya Rly: Taima’s not your shoulder to cry on, she’s your reality check. She’ll be the first one to tell you that yes, girlfriend, your a** does look fat in those pants. She won’t say it out of meanness or spite, she’ll do it because she cares enough to not want you going out into the world looking scary, even for Halloween. So before you cry into your Haagen-Daaz about it, take a good, long look at dat a** and reach for the veggies instead. You can thank her for being omgmean later when you can fit all that junk in the trunk.

TL;DR: Taima succeeds scholastically because failure is just not an option, even if studying is boring and lame and she'd rather be outside doing anything else. She'll overextend herself in the name of awesomeness, even if she has to run other people's emotions over in order to fulfill all of her self-imposed obligations. She likes socializing with other people, although her blunt honesty can often be misconstrued as insensitivity. Taima's a little rough around the edges socially, but she means well.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

Taima sees her flock as too complacent and insular, living their daily lives in the same old, boring routine. Most of them have never strayed far from home, content to grow up and raise a brood of scarelings of their own who, in turn, will also never leave. Taima wants more for herself than that. She wants to leave the nest--permanently--and will do anything she can to make that happen. She feels that the instruction she would get at the Academy can help her on her path to success.

FEAR Ability: Cloud Cover: By flapping its wings, a thunderbird can generate clouds around itself, obscuring it from sight until the clouds dissipate. (The Mind)

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Gold with black sclera
Hair Colour/Style: Black, straight, long and worn loose
Skin Colour: Reddish-brown
Clothing Style/Colours: Colorist’s choice as to the style, but nothing stereotypically Native American. She’s not really frilly or dressy, and prefers clothes that are easy to move in. Colors would probably favor blue/gold/black.
Extra: Wings: Black on the outside, seemingly randomly-pattered blue and gold on black on the underside. When spread, they form designs similar to this or this . The designs are identical on each wing but mirrored, similar to the patterns on a butterfly. Designs can be up to the artist, but I would like some kind of stylized eye shape towards the top joint of each wing. Examples can be seen in the first two references.

Horns: Two small black, curling horns.

Markings: Taima's skin is covered in black tribal markings from head to toe that are similar to the artistic style in which thunderbirds are often depicted. Like the designs on her wings, her markings are symmetrically mirrored.

References: Some good references of thunderbirds in art can be found here and
here and
here and also
here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm
YAY  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm
YAY heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 pm
Her personality could be fleshed out more

-She's an over achiever
-Generally friendly, yet brutally honest
-Moderately outgoing

Describe them further, and add flaws to emphasize and contrast each trait. Like she's an over achiever, but maybe, just academically. So she's a bit of a social shut in because she has no time for having friends and is pretty physically weak because all she does is study.

Then she's friendly, brutally honest, but then socially awkward because she kind of lives in her own world and can't catch on social cues on what is the norm.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am
Hey, thanks for the crit! I have greatly expanded Taima's personality section. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 pm
Yet moar updates~  

Inle-roo

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm
y halo thar Inle i crits ur quest k? k

I have to say that your character's name made me blink a bit because a really long time ago there was a thunderbird Fa'e named Taima. XD ANYWAY THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

Overall, I like her! Her personality is well-thought out and meaty (as it were). The one thing that I can't quite parse is her over-achieving despite her dislike of studying... why does she do this? I feel like I need more explanation of her motivation for this, beyond "she wants to", because you also say that she doesn't want to. It's the one thing I can't make reconcile in her personality. Is she under pressure from family somehow? Like "they all suck so I'm going to go suck less, wow wait this not sucking is hard but I gotta prove myself ok" kind of thing? Is she going to crash and burn at some point?

With her natural ability: It looks fine, but just so you know it won't be a factor in battle. It can provide flavor text, in that your opponent could write a bad dice roll off as their student/Hunter missing due to the fog, but it won't actually provide any protection from the raw power of the dice.

For her FEAR: It looks good! What mechanic were you thinking of linking it to? It seems like it'd be a good Headlights-type to me (stun, makes opponent lose a turn) though it might also be a decent Battle Cry or even Gambler's Chance.

Good luck with your quest! C:  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:45 pm
Sosiqui

o lawd a sosi? in my thread? *insert meme of choice here*

Her reason for trying so hard even though she's not a fan of sitting around studying all day is directly related to her reason for being there. She sees her flock as being complacent to the point of stagnancy and really wants more for herself than that, so she feels that if she fails in school it pretty much = failing at life. I'll clarify that up a bit. And it does stress her out sometimes, like it says under the Independent part, but to what degree will probably just depend on the RP with classes, etc.

I was actually looking at her natural ability and thinking it might work better as a FEAR ability for Y1 (under The Mind category, I think?), and the current one could just be for Y2 or something. I was unclear as to how shapeshifting worked while they were at school but it seems like a lot of monsters with different forms have that as a natural ability, so I'll probably just go with that.

Thanks so much for the crit! heart  

Inle-roo

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm
The papers parted, the desk took form, and from his tiny place on the desk the gnome declared:

"LET THEM EAT ENROLLMENTS."

The new acceptance bins gladly did.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces