Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:03 am
The Open Den

General Setting:
The open den is one of the larger enclaves underground, that houses the "dining" area for the clans. It is rather sloppy, messy almost, the tables are constructed in natural "mounds", possibly fragments of rocks and stalactites from the ground, which also make for strange pillars/ dividers in a "honeycomb"-like structure. Food is distributed in an equally sloppy fashion: basiclly from large open "troughs" where food is deposited, though you see more Clan members playing with their food than eating it. This area is also rather populated with other Clan members, some who give you curious looks, whispering words in a different language that you don't understand.

OOC: EVENT ROLLS AND PROMPT MECHANICS:

- When your student has arrived in this setting, you can CHOOSE to roll a 100-sided dice at any point in time. You can only do this twice per RP you make. Match your dice roll to the results below for a prompt/ small reaction that your student may discover. RP out results accordingly.

1-20: You look at the buckets of slop that is supposed to be food. Insects are literally wriggling amongst the food. You aren't too sure what to think, but before you can grab a bite, someone else does, grabbing generous portions of greens and.... protein.
21 - 40: Two clans members are seated close to you, and they look at you, clattering in an unrecognizable language. They seem to be playing an odd game involving bones, and have oddly, raised the stakes on their game upon your arrival.
41 - 60: You look at your surroundings, and notice that the pillars in the enclave are all engraved with strange, primitive drawings. Many of them feature blighted crops, and large, oversized insects, with a simple depiction of a sun overhead.
61 - 80: You hear gossiping next to you: "The Heirs are back!". The gossiping gets louder, noisier, though all you can recognize is "Will they be at the ceremony?"
81- 100: You notice that instead of water/ any liquid, all that they have provided are buckets and buckets of oil. (see below for horsemen point prompt)
- Horsemen point prompt! You also see something glint next to you, but is it just a trick of the light? Roll a 6-sided dice. If odd you obtain one horsemen point! You can only redeem a max of two from all prompt prps/orps your student is in per OOC 24 hours. You can redeem these here and here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 am
Nothing about this island was natural to her, though then again what was natural? In her few days here she had learned many things, one that were plenty of others like her with gifts and sorts. An second that she had a lot to learn when it came to the world. Though right now she didn't need to worry about any of those things and right now all she had to worry about was food.

Tyshina had accidentally wandered ahead of her new friend Rafe. Though each time she went further she always double checked to make sure he wasn't to far behind. She would have felt terrible if she had lost her adventure buddy along the way of their adventure. It was then she caught a waif of something in the air, something that smelled like .... food! "Hey Rafe! I think I smell something ahead," she said with excitement as she twirled around on her feet as she walked further.

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am
Oh, this place again. Rafe had poked his head in here once before and had not been totally pleased with the result. Then again, in hindsight, this was probably the least unpleasant place he had explored. At least here there were no insect swarms or deadly plants to deal with.

"You were asking about being home-schooled," Rafe said, picking up where their conversation had left off. "It's....I like it. It gets kind of lonely, though, even with all of my family there with me. And I don't think it prepared me very well for these classes." He chuckled. That was...maybe a bit of an understatement.

Chi Honda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 am
"Oh yeah I was," Tyshina said as she paused only for a brief second to listen to his answer fully. "I see well I can kinda understand that. Since I was the same way, except my family was more like a traveling circus type ordeal. What was your family like? Crazy? Fun? or something entirely different?" As she finished that sentence she laughed. Her family was definitely a lot more crazy when she lived there then she tried to let on, and her lessons were normally just things her mother would teacher in the dead of night. If she ever attempted to learn during the daytime she would have to do it by herself all alone.

She then continued towards the area she smelled the food and as she walked she said, "I don't there is much that homeschooling can prepare us for these types of classes though. I mean I love our classes, but they are a lot different than any class I ever took before...." As she finished her sentence she was only a few feet away from the area the food smell was coming from and from what she could tell it looked like a den of some sorts.

fenshae

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
fenshae rolled 1 100-sided dice: 85 Total: 85 (1-100)

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 pm
chi honda

Well, that was a relief that she was just as lost as he was. "Are you enjoying alchemy?" He asked, as they came up to the opening of the den. Ahh, this place. He'd been here earlier but given it only a cursory glance -- all of the horsemen in it had made him uneasy. "It's....very different, than I expected. More violent. And slow."

As they walked through what could be described as a mess hall -- sort of -- he glanced around, looking more critically at the items being offered up for food. It...didn't look very appetizing.

And oil. No water, just oil. What was up with that?  
fenshae rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 pm
He caught something flicker in the corner of his eye, and he turned his head to look. The gleam was gone as soon as it came, though, and he sighed, pulling off his glasses and cleaning them on the hem of his over-shirt.

"Isle of famine," he said, shaking his head. "Guess it means we're all supposed to be famished."  

fenshae

Beloved Codger

chi honda rolled 1 100-sided dice: 100 Total: 100 (1-100)

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm
Tyshina nodded her head up and down, "I sure am! Though I will say I never knew there were so many people taking part in this adventure. I feel so lost sometimes." She was so glad she had found at least one person to adventure with, since part of her though this part of the trip she may do alone.

It was then she noticed they were at the cave opening, she almost fell over her own feet as she walked in. "Well looks like were here, where-ever here may be," she said as she continued to walk further in. "I agree it is," she said in reply to his comment as she looked around for anywhere for them to sit.

Everything she saw around her amazed her, since never before in her life had she seen an eating area like this. It was insane! Plus it seemed as though they had no real water to drink, but just .... oil? Who could drink oil....or rather who would? She wondered quietly in her head as she looked around some more.

chi honda rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm
As she was looking around, something in the right corner of the room caught her eye. It seemed to be a glint of light or something. She leaned on her tip toes and tried to look closer at the shining light. Though the minute she did it just disappeared, "Well that was odd. Must be my hunger playing tricks with my eyes," she said with a laugh and slight smile.

fenshae

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
fenshae rolled 1 100-sided dice: 46 Total: 46 (1-100)

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm
chi honda

"I don't know," he said, seriously, following her gaze. "I think I saw it, too."

His stomach gave a loud, angry rumble, but he peered around, suddenly on edge. But all he saw were some primitive drawings. He sighed. "Not the friendliest place, is it?"  
chi honda rolled 1 100-sided dice: 55 Total: 55 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm
"Really? Well it's good to know I wasn't the only one who saw it. An it definitely isn't," she said as she suddenly heard her stomach growl rather loudly. This whole adventure was a lot different than what she had expected. Nothing ever seemed to look they way she figured it would.

Listening to the grumbling stomachs she couldn't help but giggle, "Well it looks like most of all we need to find food," she said as she walked around the cave full of what looked to be primitive type drawings. Sure this cave wasn't the nicest of places but there had to be something edible in here. An if she could at least find one thing to eat then she could give it to Rafe. Since while she was hungry, friends always came first.

"There has to be food somewhere around here," she whispered to herself quietly.

fenshae

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm
chi honda

"I'm....really not sure that any of this is edible," Rafe said, peering over troughs of 'food'. "And that's saying something, coming from a rat."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm
fenshae
'

"I'm not sure it is either," Tyshina said in agreement with a slight laugh, "I smart rat at that! Though well in all honesty I don't think anyone can eat this stuff. She tried to look around or anything else, though sadly see could see nothing that was edible. With a slight sad expression her face she turned to Rafe and said, "Something tells me that we would have better luck finding food in there forest then within these walls, don't you think?"

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:48 pm
chi honda

She thought he was smart? That made him blush a little.

"There were some trees with fruit in them," he said, thinking back to a training class. "I was pretty good at climbing them. Maybe we could go try that? I mean, we can't really get in trouble for picking fruit of the trees, right? We've got to eat somehow..."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:38 pm
fenshae

Tyshina watched as his face turned a tad bit red or light pink, which color she wasn't quite sure. She tilted her head to the side a bit as she looked at him, he was cute when he was like that she thought with a giggle. Part of her was tempted to ask if he was alright since maybe he had goten sick or something, but then she got distracted by his words.

"Oh great idea! We could gather some fruit to eat,"
she said with a nod as she quickly continued, "I'm not to bad at climbing either, so with both of us pretty good climbers we should be able to get some fruit in no time." She tried to think of where some trees may be at, when she heard him talk about trouble. In her own opinion this whole place was trouble, and she kind of doubted that they'd get to mad at them for picking a few things. After all they didn't really leave them much choice, she thought as she looked at the food options in this crowded area.

"I think we should go for it!" she spoke seriously, "An I don't think we could get in trouble....since they did just say wander at your own risk and we can keep each other safe... or share the blame." She finished her sentence with a laugh as she slowly but surely headed back to the entrance of the area.

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items