Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sinner's Sentiments - Polls and Wild Nonsense

Back to Guilds

A small but growing guild. We're close knit, friendly, literate, and we have polls on every topic. 

Tags: General Discussion, Literate, Awesome, Friendly, Polls 

Reply a** - PAWN
My hard drive is failing, sigh.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm
I started randomly getting the BSOD when starting up TS2 about two days ago, and today my computer froze, so I ran the diagnostic on it and got the error code BIOHD-8 for my hard drive, which after searching the HP forums means that I need a new one, or possibly the problem is the motherboard.

Either way, just going to get a new computer because replacing the hard drive would ultimately cost more.

This is an opportunity to get a computer that has a decent graphics card, though. So that's nice. But... still... don't really have the money to be buying a new computer, so we'll have to just save up and live without one once this fails completely. Sigh.

Will still have access to the internet though, because yay phones have internet now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm
Why would buying a hard drive cost more than a new computer?

question question question  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm
Not just buying a new hard drive, sigh. I thought I made that obvious but I've been asked this three separate times and I'm kinda getting tired of explaining it. If the motherboard is the problem, it would be a waste of money. I'd rather get a new computer as opposed to replacing everything but the motherboard, and having the motherboard be the problem. It would be cheaper and more efficient to just get a new computer, which I can get one with everything I want for between $400- $550.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm
I'm not going to shell out money for a new hard drive to save a computer that is outdated.  

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:25 pm
Well, I was going to ask why not have a computer guy or someone test the motherboard for you, but if that's the case, that's the case.

Can I have your old one? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm
I'm not giving it away for free. lol  

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 pm
Well, good news is I have a friend who is willing to test the hard drive and motherboard to find out the real problem tomorrow. This will determine whether or not we actually buy a new computer... right now. If the motherboard is safe, I'll keep it and just use this for stuff that isn't gaming, and we can get a gaming computer later.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 pm
Lass Kyon
I'm not giving it away for free. lol

I have 50k. gonk  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Lass Kyon
Crew

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 pm
talk2hand Hopefully everything will be good and I can just get a new hard drive, especially since I noticed I actually have the windows code so I don't think I'll need to get a new license, I just need to make a install disk, I think.  
a** - PAWN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games