Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deathdiamond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:23 pm
Hola~

I need help.

I don't know if it's just me or is Freshman year designed to make your life difficult and miserable?

I can't seem to figure out why the older classmen just have to step all over you and boss you around.

I'm so sick of it. And there's nothing I can do about it, because they are older,
they know more people, and they have more influence. >.<

It's just so not fair.

I mean, how did you guys take it? Do you just let it slide by, becuase that's what I'm trying to do.
I just try not to think about it and just pretend it never happened.

But now it's like a daily basis...it's so annoying and frustrating!

Should I just smile and pretend to be happy?

I mean, how do you 'defend' youself?
I always get hurt whenever people called me 'stupid' or a 'dumbass' or 'b***h' or 'slut'...etc....
I'm not that, and I don't appraciate people calling me that.

Am I suppos to insult them back? Or just take it?

I really need some advice. I don't know what to do.

I can't talk to my parents about it, because they already have more than enough crap to worry about. I just don't want to burden them more.
And I can't talk to my friends about it, because out of all the friends I have, I don't think there's one of them that's not gonna talk behind my back...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 pm
And no, I'm not just trying ot make up a 'sob story'
or exaggerate to make my life sound so horrible that I'll suicide. Because I won't.
It's just plain stupid to kill myself over someone I hate dislike.

I'm just asking for some help. :3

deathdiamond

Sakura Korashi

4,500 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:10 pm
hmm... well I really cant give much advise. When I was a freshman, I never really had any problems like that, probably cause I blended intop the background, no one knew me and stuff like that. I think its terrible how upperclassmen do things like that. You know why they do it, why they are mean and tease and call names?

its because it makes them feel good, which is terrible. Its cause that happened to them...
Its also because, well a lot, not all of freshamn are jerks themselfs...

Last year when I was a senior, I was never mean to any of them, dsome of my closest friends are a lot younger then me... But many of the freshman I met last year were stuck up, mean little sluts...

Not that you are or all freshman are. Its cause many feel like they are all that......

My advise, find good friends, dont be mean back and just wait it out or just ignore them.
If your mean back or you call them names it'll just confirm their actions and thoughts.

ummm.... Im not sure what else to say...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:30 pm
Its a different situation for me. When I was a freshman last year the older people didnt like our grade very much. They dont like socializing with us. But now that we're sophomores this year, it hasnt changed much. The juniors and seniors dont seem to get along with us either. Heck, they even get along with the new freshmen better than they do with us. It depends on the situation...

My suggestion for you is to ignore them, as Twinny (Sakura) said. There are plenty of other people out there you can socialize with. They are definitely not the boss of the place.  

Naeyru

Questionable Genius

[ Super Milk Chan ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:30 pm
ok advice from freshmen to freshmen
seriously just ignore them and just wlak away no
matter wat they say >(
in my school that never ever happens much but in some rare occasions that does happen to me
i just ignore that situatuion they're trying to pursue to get me mad  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:55 am
I'm a freshman as well.. {though I go to Junior High, so I'm the top grade at my school. XD;}

In my opinion, if they're treating you like crap.. you're better than them. If they have nothing better to do than pick on the younger years, just ignore them. They have sad little lives and probably more problems than you know if they treat everyone poorly. x___x;

Spazzaroo
Crew

Dyslex!c Duck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:04 pm
Awww....*hugs*
It's fine I personally just ignore them and they left me alone as I'm like a person that a bully can't be bothered bullying ):
I'm usually sensitive and I can't stand up for myself so if a person bullies me I have diffculty handling the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:54 pm
@Sakura: I understand how some freshmen are annoying.
There's always gonna be annoying people in every grade, but so far, the peopl ein my class are pretty 'normal' and nice.
I have always been able to avoid bullying and craps like that until last year.
Last year was't so bad, because the teachers and many students were on my side, but this year...
...well...I'm new to the school, so I can't do anything. -.-
I'm working on the ignoring part and trying not to get hurt.
I think I'm too sensitive for my own good.
I get hurt way too easily...^^

@wingless: Yea, I guess.
I haven't met any of the upper classmen like that yet, but I can certainly survive without knowing them. ^^
I have friends and everything, but it's those times when I'm by myself and those mean people, I get so frustrated.
Sometimes I just wanna grab my flute and bang it on their head. >.<
No, they are not always the boss, but during band,
when you are sitting between two juniors.
One is a Squad Leader, and the other is the Section Leader, they ARE the boss. You gotta do what they say, or 20 pushups...
I hat eit! They are always telling me that I'm out of tune...but I'm not.
I can swear on my life I'm not.
I even proved it many times that I'm not out of tune, and that they are by holding up a tuner and tuning all three of us... -.-
But no. they just can't accept the fact that I'm right and they are wrong.
THey continue on telling me to stop playing and cutting out my part! And I sit in front of one of them, so tht means I'm the better player! I think they are just mad because I'm better and wants to make my life miserable. -.-

@milk chan: that's what I'm doing. I just pretend I don't hear a thing. But it gets awfully hard to do when the freaking teacher is doing it too! I mean, she not calling me names or anything...directly. But I'm not stupid, and I can tell when she is hinting that she thinks I'm a dumbass. I mean, seriously! I have the highest average in her class! I hate it when teachers just can't admit that they are wrong and just do everything in their power to make it like it's your fault. -.-
ANd to think I still have the rest of the year to get through...

@The Spaz: That's what I try to do. ^^
I ignore them the best I can.
I try to be not around them....which is hard when I have band with them everyday...
If they weren't the sections leaders, I would've so have told them to shut the hell up. -.-
I can't wait I'm a sernior whee
That's gonna be so awesome! <3

@sunni: I used to be left in the shadows, where bully tends to not notice me...
but I guess I'm special now... x.x
I'm like you too.
I'm really sensitive and I can't stand up for myself.
I don't know how...which is the reason for this thread. ^^
I can handle it if it's the same year as me, but when it's peopl e2 years above me and stronger than me...
I just don't know what to do.
I don't want to just sit there and take it,
I want to tell them to shut their trap and leave me alone...without getting a blackeye in the process... sweatdrop

THX FOR THE ADVICE AND COMFORT EVERYONE! I REALLY APPRACIATE IT.

deathdiamond

[ Super Milk Chan ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:52 pm
yea... some of my eteachers... well just one doesnt like me cuz i'm most of the time late to her class purposley cuz i hate her class and sometimes i want to be late, so i go and talk to my counslor xD lol
and then come back late lol and i think she noes i do that on purpose ._.;; xD ahh well lol. but think to the bright side, next year we're both going to be sophmores ! lol xD
and then juniors where we can run over the butt faces that make us mad XD!!! lol
and then finally we're seniors !! xP .... hahaha xd xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:22 am
.oOo.
Deathie likes LUFF Arts! Draw her! <3
Draco Malfoy = Smexy! <3
Make DD a new pretty spazzestic outfit?
Jesse McCartney = Awesomeness!

.oOo.

xDD
Yesh. That's my goal.
Just to survive Highschool. <3

.oOo.
Procrastination Rocks! <3
Wouldn't Diamond be purtty hot in a sashie? -[wink]-
Shaun White = Hawtness! <3
Death luffles gold thee! o:

.oOo.

.::. Ish . Tired . Of . Questing .::.

deathdiamond

Darth Drake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:42 pm
Well. What I've found effective is freezeout. Just act like you can't hear them and they'll get past it pretty quickly. That, or if you're with your friends, you should just laugh when they try it. Roll your eyes, laugh, ignore them, much better than trying to insult them back. That, or agree with them.

Them: "You're a stupid freshman"
You: "Yup."
Them: " question "

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:02 pm
.oOo.
Deathie likes LUFF Arts! Draw her! <3
Draco Malfoy = Smexy! <3
Make DD a new pretty spazzestic outfit?
Jesse McCartney = Awesomeness!

.oOo.

xDD
lol.
That's not a bad idea.
Maybe I should. <3

.oOo.
Procrastination Rocks! <3
Wouldn't Diamond be purtty hot in a sashie? -[wink]-
Shaun White = Hawtness! <3
Death luffles gold thee! o:

.oOo.

.::. Ish . Tired . Of . Questing .::.

deathdiamond

Schmexy Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:48 pm
Well, I'm not in High school yet, but people used to tease me all the time for being short. Don't akcnowledge them, their opinions shouldn't matter to you. When they say that to you, just walk right by them and act like they don't matter. I'm sorry if this information doesn't help, but it helped me. I hope things get better for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:43 pm
they are fluctuating. sometimes it's better sometimes it's worse.
I'm trying not to think about it.
^^  

deathdiamond

ataraxyy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:45 pm
Well, I always get picked on all the time. I mean ALL the time. Just for my height ^^' And everytime they make a comment that is intended to be mean, I just smile and go like "Thank you for the compliment" ..they grow quiet. XD  
LEXI'S 100 KIKI BONANZA MUSEUM

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff