Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q} Braulio the Alicanto - READY // CRITS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Braulio
Nicknames: None atm.

Faction: Monster
Race: Alicanto

Natural Ability: Night Vision - Allows sight in low-light conditions.

Personality:

Few Of His Kind: Being that Alicanto are extremely ferocious, over the generations their numbers have dwindled to only a handful. Braulio has never met another of his kind because of this. He honestly has no clue if there are even any Alicanto left anywhere. This fact makes him feel utterly against the world, that there is no one he can really relate to. Or at least that he feels he can. And now that he has started to get older he's been going through strange changes that he just can't seem to understand and no one seems to be able to give him answers. It frustrates him to no end.

Rough Around the Edges: Having little contact with others while growing up, Braulio has developed a fairly rough and blunt way of speaking to people. He never sugar coats anything if he's drawn into a conversation to spare another's feelings. The boil just sees no reason to cater to a characters sensibilities. If you can't handle the truth then you will never survive in the real world. And life is all about survival. If he has an opinion about something he will straight up let you know. If you're being stupid he would smack you upside the head and tell you you were being stupid. His sense of humor leaves much to be desired. In the sense that he generally doesn't have one and any that he might display tends to come off rather a** holish or mean.

Territorial Issues: As is in his nature, Braulio is extremely territorial of his belongings or what he deems as 'his'. Be it trinket or person or living space, if someone shows a bit too much interest in his things he becomes confrontational and sometimes violent. Which in the past has often lead him to getting into fights. No matter what the size of his opponent, he is quick to make sure they know this belongs to him and they better back off with their interests.

You Eat What?: Alicanto eat gold and silver. And well, since Braulio is an Alicanto he also eats gold and silver. Its his favorite food. In any form he can get it. Raw or processed Braulio just doesn't quite feel the same unless he has a belly full of either. Generally after he has eaten he is in a slightly better mood but that mood doesn't last for very long. But here in Halloween town gold and silver are harder to come by, unlike his previous mountain home where he could find silver or gold veins.

Klepto Much?: With a pension for the shiney, Braulio has a tendency to swipe anything that he perceives as silver or gold. Or may have silver or gold properties in them. Even if the owner of said item is less that willing to relinquish ownership of the item. Again, leading to more fights. Though his thievery seems to tilt into the extreme when he has gone long periods of time without feeding. He would never admit to it, but every now and again you hear stories about a string of robberies among jewelry shops

Forever Alone: Braulio is quite possibly the poster boy of anti-social. More than likely to stand off to the side than to join a crowd. Many come to believe that he's just a complete and total a** hole. Perhaps even that he's too good to socialize with them. But in all honesty, Braulio generally just dislikes socialization, at least voluntary socialization. Him + others generally leads to fights, either he says something someone doesn't like, his territorial issues come into play, or any number of things he could probably name off the top of his head. It just feels better to deviate from the crowd to avoid any unneeded conflict that seem to always pop up in social or interactive situations.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Braulio hopes by coming to this school he can find a way to go longer without having to feed and perhaps somewhere, buried in some old and dusty archive there is more information about his species.

FEAR Ability:
Mesmerizing Flash - Braulio flaps his wings rapidly causing a mesmerizing effect as any light source shimmers off of them, making it harder for the target to land successful attacks.

The Mind: Lowers opponent’s accuracy; makes it harder for them to hit you.

Physical Description:

Humanoid Form:
Eye Colour: Silver
Hair Colour/Style: Gold, spikey mohawk with random silver streaks running through it.
Skin Colour: Dark golden tan.
Clothing Style/Colours: His clothes and accessories are generally light and minimal to keep from hindering him during flight. Generally consisting of a tank top and cargo shorts with a few gold accessories/piercings. Ref image is a general idea.
Extra: Talon feet that are gold in color with silver claws. Large gold wings that have a metallic shimmer to them and long gold tail feathers. On his cheeks, forehead, shoulders and shins he has a smattering of small gold feathers.
References: [x]

True Form:
Braulio rarely if ever transforms into his true form. If he ever felt comfortable and close enough to someone he might, but as of this date no one knows what his true form really looks like.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm
More About Alicantos

A creature from the folklore of Chile, the Alicanto is a large nocturnal bird found in mountainous regions that devours sliver and gold in various forms. The Alicanto is similar in appearance to a vulture but it is significantly larger, and its peculiar diet has given its feathers and flesh a metallic sheen and its eyes, talons, and a beak appear to be made of solid silver or gold. It looks for sliver and gold ore veins, as well as treasure or jewelry to feast upon. The ages have taught the Alicanto that humanoid beings usually carry such items, and sometimes the Alicanto will stalk or attack adventurers and travelers in order to feed upon their valuables.

The Alicanto is a fearsome creature, that is both ferocious and treacherous. It has razor sharp talons capable of ripping through wood and thin metal, and its beak is capable of pecking apart stone in order to reach silver and gold ore. It has a sort of natural armor as well, again due to its peculiar diet. The most dangerous weapon in the Alicanto’s arsenal though is that by flapping its wings it can mesmerize a person who sees shimmering sliver and gold visions just out of the charmed person’s reach. The Alicanto will then slowly lure its victim to a cliff’s edge in the hope that the victim will walk straight ahead to his or her doom. The Alicanto will then feast upon the victim’s valuables even if the victim is still alive but incapable of defending itself.

Alicantos are rarely seen together as they will attack each other upon sight except for during mating season. During this time the males of the species will reserve some of their food in order to attract a mate with it. The Alicanto will grind up silver and gold bits in its beak and drop these pieces onto the rocks below as it flies in search of a mate. The females hear the distinctive sound of the metal as it lands and will leave her nest in search of the tasty snack. If the female is pleased with the offering the Alicantos mate, else she will drive off the male until another offering is made to lure her out.

This also means that occasionally female Alicantos looking to mate have attacked travelers walking in metal armor amongst the rocky terrain and sometimes even those people with coins clinking about in their purses while travelling in the mountains. Male Alicantos also have attacked humanoids foolish enough to pick up the offerings they have dropped for the purpose of attracting a mate.

An Alicanto’s nest is a very rare thing to find, and it often has jewels and gems that the Alicanto does not eat when ripping apart treasure for a meal. If a nest has eggs they will also appear to be made of silver and gold as the shell is the first meal that a young Alicanto will feed upon. The eggs of an Alicanto are quite valuable as they are sought out for both decor for the extremely wealthy and by alchemists to be used in spells and formulas, but where Alicanto eggs are to be found the mother is sure to be nearby.

Alicanto hatchlings mature very quickly. They devour and digest their own shells immediately, and will then devour the shells of their siblings if they have not yet hatched killing them. It is very rare for two Alicantos to come from the same nest. The hatchling is often capable of flight within mere hours of being born, and it will take flight as soon as possible as its parent will kill it if it comes back to find the hatchling still within the nest (yet another reason why Alicanto are so rare). The Alicanto will then seek out silver and gold ore in the rocky terrain that it inhabits, and within a week will be fully grown and mature.

While encounters with an Alicanto are fearsome, local prospectors and treasure hunters actively seek the bird and track it in order to locate silver and gold deposits and treasures. Hunters will also track the Alicanto, for while the bird is inedible it usually has a small amount of treasure in its stomach.  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:56 am
OKAY. I think I've done about as much as I figure I can do.

If anyone would like to give me some crits feel free. This is the first time I've ever put some time into a quest character soooooo....yar. >3>a  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 am
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 am
Doo ti doo~ <3  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:15 pm
Crits for you, as requested! C: Though honestly there's not that much: I can tell you put a lot of work into him, and he looks really good so far! I love the monster type (it pleases me when people pull from rarer folklore) and he seems extremely well-realized in personality. I will admit I'm a bit curious about the 'strange changes' you mention in his personality section, but that's solely my own curiosity talking and not a deficiency in your planning!

One thing I would note is that since Halloween creatures are sustained by FEAR, not food, he wouldn't have to eat to survive - Halloween creatures literally cannot starve from ordinary hunger. However, eating a preferred food may make him feel better in psychological ways! And as a side not for potential plots later, the currency of Halloween is the silver seed... you could shoot higher than jewelry shops in your attempted thievery, just saying. wink

I'm also curious to see how he'll do in Amity - keep in mind that in order to have RP interaction, the anti-social will have to get at least a little social, so I'd caution you against getting too extreme on the forever alone!

Lastly, just something I'm wondering based on what you've said about his drive to find out more about his kind - how does he know what he is? Did someone recognize him and tell him? Or was there another way? Does he know that he's an Alicanto or does he have literally no concept of what he is?

Good luck with your quest! C:  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 am
Thanks for the crit! Its really appreciated. <3

As for the strange changes, since Alicanto mature so quickly he is basically going through a fast paced puberty at this stage in his life. I've been adapting his maturity rate to a human maturity rate only quicker, since maturing within a week seems just a teenie far fetched for the world setting, so while a human male might go through puberty and continue to grow from 13-21, he's going through a flash puberty which will run its course from his species age equivilant of 15-18 human years. So he's already about a year into it and I figure about the time he reaches Y3 he'll be at just about the tail end of it,

Which tends to be a bit overwhelming at times and he isn't 100% sure if its normal with all the feels he has. He has random urges to toss his shiny trinkets about on the ground to see what they would attract. And it might cause some people to ಠ_ಠ at him. And occasionally he has a hard time keeping from reverting to his natural form at random times. Which he doesn't like anyone to see. Which would cause more ಠ_ಠ.

Good point about the not needing to eat to survive. I totally forgot and derped on that one. XD And the silver seeds idea is a pretty neat idea. Will hafta keep that in mind.

Yea, I don't plan for him to be completely and utterly anti-social. He'll find a few people that he can tolerate more than others. And perhaps even fancy the idea of calling those he's really close to friends. But it would be a long process of interaction between him and the other character. Basically breaking past his rigid exterior to find the chewy soft center in the middle. Its there, just buried really far down due to his life experiences so far and the generally grumpiness of his kind.

He knows bits and pieces about his species from when he was an egg. What he assumes was his mother would speak to him and his siblings when she would be at the nest, but once he hatched and killed his siblings he had quickly fled from the nest without learning anything else but the basics and what his instincts have told him. Occasionally through out his younger years he would encounter people who would wander through the mountains where he lived, sometimes they would make remarks about the Alicanto in their conversations that he was brave enough to over hear. So he has bits and pieces from them, his mother and what small blurbs he could find in rare books he could get his hands on from time to time.

He's basically piecing together what he's learned, but feels there's more out there if he could just find it.  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces