Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
✥ { CLASS } ----------------------------Jewelcrafting Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
xdeathxbyxlovex rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)

xdeathxbyxlovex

Fashionable Genius

10,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 pm
Tired and aching in pain Umi swinged one more time at the shadow but it unfortunally wasn't enough.

Umi's Hp: 3-3=0
Shades Hp: 5-4=1
1 gem effect diamond

(Please let me know if I did it wrong)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm
She sounded so disappointed and looked so sad over them being in other classes next week...
"Hey, it's okay, do you have a skellyphone? I have mine, we can text each other if you want," he offered, taking out his own to get the number. He didn't give it out often, so he didn't really know it by heart.
It was like most of the other students' who had touch-screen phones, but his had a very thick clear cover over his. So that his claws didn't scratch it up, of course. The back was black with a large full moon in the upper corner and a small, downy dark-brown feather dangled from a chord attached to the side. When the screen lit up, there was a picture there, a demon, a demoness, and five younger demons, Julian in the direct center of the boils.

"The academy's... okay. I have a few friends, I'm not as social as my friend Sin wants me to be, but she's trying really hard to make me so. I think her boilfriend thinks I'm her pet or something." It was part joke and part truth, the blinded incubus freaked Julian out. He was an individual that gave off an aura of power, annoyance, and the willingness to act against those that bothered him, and Julian was always afraid of crossing Rosciel the wrong way. But at least the other boil hadn't actually gotten angry at him, so far so good.

Wyntre IceBlade

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm
lizbot

As she moved to assist the ghoul, she reached out towards her as if she meant to attack a shade...and paused, feigning shock.

"My dearest apologies. I simply cannot imagine how I mistook you for something so foul."

Yayoi

Katarina Everard

naggeela

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

moonlit-raven

musicaloner7

Songstress Kitsune

-_Wish of the Goddess_-

GrnGriff

xdeathxbyxlovex

Outwardly, Ylaria looked like she might have done this before, containing each shade with a graceful swoop and ushering student by student over to rest. Inwardly, she was in a bit of a panic. Any worry over their well-being aside, she hoped that this would not discourage any of them. Each student was encouraged to take a moment to regain their strength, punctuating their instructions with the assurance that she would walk with them to their dorms.

Why, she'd look like she had a whole heard of little foals. A ridiculous thought.

Pepzilla

The demon boil got an extra little bit of attention after his shade was taken care of and he'd been led to sit with the others; he, like the other demon, seemed so excited over jewelcrafting on the first day, and now...perhaps she hadn't broken him. He received a gentle pat on the head before she moved to tend to the remaining students. Ylaria wasn't much for hugs.

Sadi Sidhe
If you didn't get to finish, you can finish up in a solo thread if you want, or just do your roll at the beginning of the next class! <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm
Reeshie Hack

Lumi cocked her head to the side her ears twitching as he pulled the contraption out,

"a skelly...skellyphone? I uhm...OH! you mean this..."

She hadn't really been listening when they had handed out the skellyphones but then again she did kind of show up late. She looked up at him when he mentioned a friend, and tried not to giggle,

"A pet? That sounds...well horrible! But she must be a good friend to try and help you...I uhm..."

She thought about her own school, and even back home. There really wasn't anyone at either place that she would call friends. She had a few pets that she might call friends but she was sure that wasn't the same concept.

"I have...Kitsu...he's uhm...a fox...not like me but a real one. I found him and brought him one one time. My mother and the other women didn't really take too kindly to him...I'm not really sure why."

She had an idea, since there were never any boils seen in her village, but she shrugged as she thought about what she was going to talk to him about after class.  

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm
After the jewelry was replaced in the normal pouches, Ylaria gathered all of the injured students into one large group, shepherding them towards the dorms.

She said nothing, but stayed with the group until the last student was back to their room.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Day Four's Prompt/Assignment is HERE.

Please DO NOT forget to post your minipet screen name along with today's assignment!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm
Morrigan is offering her jewelry to the Priestess

Morrigan was so very torn. She really wanted to keep the armlet she made as it had a great deal of sentimental value to her. Also, she had presented her prized ring to the Priestess Aisa, the heir of Death only days prior. But that was just a family heirloom barely a century old. This was so much more. This was something that she made with her own hands, put thought and feeling into. It almost felt like a part of her went into the making of this armlet, as silly as that may sound. It would make sense that this would be a better offering than a ring her father paid a fortune for but didn't put any real thought into.

Morrigan slowly got up from her seat and walked over to the Priestess with the gold offering plate. She gave one last lingering look at the beautiful armlet. It was so beautiful to her, even with all the bent and wobbly curves. "It has been an honor learning about jewelcrafting. I have nothing but my deepest respect for the craft and am honored to have been able to learn a little about them." She gently set the armlet down on the plate and half bowed to the Priestess before returning back to her seat.

It was sad to let go of it. She really wanted to keep it but she owed them so much. She would always have the memory of making it, the memory of being proud of herself for the first time in her life. She owed them a lot for that. This had been a wonderful class, better than anything she had taken at Amityville.

Of course, she wasn't ready to leave just yet. There was a box she kept eyeing off and on, with the promise of revenge. Or at least a chance for it. Perhaps it was time for a little payback? It was hard to keep the corners of her lips from twisting into a mischievous little smile.

Nothing Yet
Minipet SN: Meeki

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Meixiang is offering her jewelry to the Priestess

Mei frowned at the sudden turn of events in the class. She would have to choose. Keep her brooch or offer it in sacrifice to this priestess.

It most certainly was not an easy choice in the least. She had put her heart and time into making the brooch, having grown quite fond of it. Even if it did have imperfections here and there. But it was something she had made. With her own two hands. It could have been the frumpiest looking piece of jewelry made in the class and she would still love it the same.

But....in the end they were brought here to observe and participate in the clan's ways and customs. And she did not want to offend by being so selfish. That just wasn't in her personality to be.

Slowly she rose from her seat. Lingering in slight hesitation before she approached the priestess. Her brooch clutched a bit reluctantly in her small hand. When it was her turn to offer up her little trinket a heavy frown came to her lips as she dropped it into the golden offering plate. "I hope this offering is useful, even if it isn't the prettiest thing ever made. I put my whole heart into making it though so that should count for something..."

As she turned to go back to her seat, Mei sighed lightly. The thought of this class ending finally settling fully on her shoulders. She had seriously enjoyed it, even if she had had a hard go of it towards the end.

The boxes though, she eyed them carefully. After that beating she took from the shade before she felt a little wary of trying again. Perhaps she would pass on the opportunity to do so, she was feeling a little down on herself. But wouldn't project it outwardly for others to see.

Nothing Yet

SN: Yayoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 pm
[Wrapping up yesterday's class]
"Oh, you got one of the school's. This one's mine." As if the heavy personalization wasn't a dead give-away. He carefully took the phone from her and put his number in, putting the phone's number into his, noting that it was a temporary.
"I take it you don't have one of these normally, huh? Do you have a computer?" If she didn't have a phone, he kinda doubted she had an eee!-mail.

"Well, I guess I mean pet-project. She's trying to make me more of a proper demon, like our families." Not that his parents didn't like him the way he was. He was his mama's fluffy little baby and to her he was absolutely perfect. And his father was proud of him no matter what. No matter how they acted outside of the home, Julian's parents loved their sons more than all of the family riches.

He looked up and smiled at her.
"Looks like class is over, come on," he said, helping her up and after Ylaria.

Wyntre IceBlade

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm
[Wrapping up yesterday's class]

She watched him put the information in to the skellyphones. Giggling softly as she shook her head at his questions.

"Not really...Well...maybe...but I don't actually notice I guess. It kinda is pointless to have those things when there isn't really people I know."

She definetly wasn't going to blurt out because she didn't have any friends. As she listened to him she smiled slightly,

"I'm sure you are a very proper demon. An..oh it does look like class is done."

She took his hand and exited the room with him and Ylaria, trailing after the mass exodus of students.
Reeshie Hack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 pm
It was the final day of class. Like all the others Mitsu collected the jewelry she had crafted and took a seat. She had grown rather fond of the work she had done. It was simple in nature but sturdy and had served her well during her battle yesterday.

Her eyes glanced to Hel and then around the room at her fellow classmates before the teacher made her way in. It was easy to tell her expression had softened toward them. The lycan listened intently to her words, more intently than she had the first class or even the second. As the days had passed she had been able to regain some of her studious habits and was no longer mentally drifting. At least not as badly.

She noted the importance of gems to the death horseman culture. It wasn't hard to tell, they were everywhere. But this was a curious development, she was giving them an opportunity to participate in the rituals of this culture which Mitsu was certain was a rare feat. She doubted they saw many outside of their clan as someone they would want to call their own and join in on their traditions.

Mitsu turned to the bracelet in her hold, now torn on what she wanted to do as the priestess made her way around the room with the offering plate. It made sense in a way to offer the jewelry back, none of the items had previously been hers though she had put the effort into making it. A part of her wanted to give it to Shun, despite how ghoully it was but she doubted the small gem would be able to offer much aid now. That and would Shun even wear it? It would still be a nice memento of her time here right?

Her indecision was cut short as the Priestess paused in front of her with the offering plate. Mitsu, torn between keeping it and offering it, stared at the plate with furrowed brows. It took her a moment before she finally rose her hand and gently placed her crafted bracelet on the plate, bowing her head softly in a sign of respect. It felt like the right thing to do though she really had nothing to show for her time here other than relaying what she had seen.

Once the priestess had passed Mitsu rose from her seat and moved toward the teacher. "Ms. Ylaria?" She asked quietly, hoping not to disrupt anyone while the Priestess was walking around. "I was wondering, is it possible to imbue gems with FEAR yourself or do they naturally form that way?" Mitsu was curious because there were those she wanted to protect and she knew, despite how much she tried, she couldn't always be there. The latest events before coming here were a painfully sobering experience. If she had gems like these, something for her friends perhaps she wouldn't need to worry as much.

SN: InuMitsu
Nothing Yet

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Trira

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 pm
Moure is offering his jewelry to the Priestess.

Moure came into class with a grin on his face, and a bounce in his step. He'd get to see his bracelet again. His beautiful, amazing bracelet. One of the best things he'd ever made in his life. Whatever he'd thought before about jewelry had been replaced with a deep awe and care, perhaps only for the Fear-inbued members of the accessory family, but it was respect and love none-the-less. The patchwork was, once again, glad that he'd picked this class to take.

Moure took a seat at the front of the class again, facing Ylaria with a open, expecting face. The Horseman had his respect even more than before. (As Moure had respect for all the horsemen, but his respect for the Jewelcrafter was much more personal, and thus, deeper.) He waited happily, looking toward where their jewelry bags were settled.

He should've realized that at least something was going to be different today.

He didn't though, and as such, waited contently for the class to start. Once it began though, Moure's expression slowly fell into neutrality, and then some concern. Finally, the patchwork looked downright crestfallen. Give up their jewelry? Moure had only been with it for three days, but in that time he'd gotten quite attached. Moure turned to look at the priestess as she came in, his mind reeling with the thought of just sacrificing his jewelry. Still, some part of his mind, the logical, loyal, perhaps, section of his mind anyway, knew what he'd do. As attached as Moure was to the jewelry, he wasn't selfish. It was, quite possibly, impossible for Moure to actually be that selfish.

Once Ylaria had finished speaking, Moure gave a nod, his face grave and perhaps a little sorrowful, and stood. He quietly moved to his jewelry bag and slipped the bracelet out. The diamond glimmered and the amethyst shimmered. Protection and Temperance. How fitting 'till the end. He placed the velvet bag back down, and looked to the Priestess, to her tray, and back to the Priestess. As much as Moure loved the bracelet he knew what he needed to do.

Silently, bracelet in hand, he moved toward the Priestess. He took one more look at his bracelet. If he took it, back at home most would just consider it an accessory. Here though, here it was something beautiful, something worthy. He couldn't take that fate from it. With a respect-filled bow, Moure placed his bracelet on the tray. In an almost inaudible voice, the patchwork said, "Please take it home." Moure didn't mean home in the sense most would've probably taken it to be. He meant it in the way of Fear, of strength, of a place where it would be at it's most beautiful.

Reverently, Moure backed away from the Priestess, returning to his seat. Moure had noticed the boxes, as several other students had, but wasn't sure if the shade deserved any more punishment after the beating it had taken from the patchwork and his bracelet. Perhaps later, but for now, he had something much more important in mind.

After a moment, he looked in Ylaria's direction. This could be his last opportunity to speak to her about Jewelcrafting. After a lupine student spoke, asking a question Moure would actually like to hear the anwer to himself, Moure gave the Horsewoman a nod. Quietly, so not to distract the others in the class, Moure spoke. "Excuse me, Lady Ylaria...Would there be any way to be able to continue Jewelcrafting back in Halloween? Or is Jewelcrafting only allowed to be performed here?" The patchwork really did love this art. It was simply amazing, being able to create something that was so beautiful and significant. It was fulfilling too, to see that something he'd created being put to use in such a honorable and reverent way.

Nothing Yet
Minis Name: trira

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm
Nothing Yet
Minipets sn: Tyalessa

Tyalessa was so very torn, in her mind she cant tell the difference between moving objects and inanimate objects, to her, the necklace she made was a friend, though she had learnt not to get an answer, she would talk to it and look foolish when others stare at her for it. But on the other hand, she had come to respect the death clans way of life, offerings was something that was both sacred and dear to their hearts, would she be offending them if she didnt participate in it, would loving her precious necklace make it more of a better offering then anything else she could give them. Could she perhaps make another one? "um, teacher...." this will be the first time she spoke in the open with so many other people about, Essa felt very nervous, the shaking in her voice could be heard quite clearly and she hoped it wasnt going to be mistaken for fear "could we perhaps be able to make another someday, even if it not in death isle" she had a sneaking suspicion that this will be asked many times to the teacher, but Essa had to make sure. Either way her guilt was getting to her and she had already put her necklace in the offering bowl, trying to keep tears in.
User Image
Tyalessa is offering her jewelry to the Priestess  

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 am
Sabine is leaving her necklace as an offering!

Though her hair and clothing were back to perfection, Sabine's attitude (and nails,) were both sadly lacking. With a sickly sweet smile at Ylaria, she placed her necklace as an offering, "For such an educational experience." In how jacked-up the Death Clan was and how they ruin all the things. Plus it wasn't like she was going to go around wearing copper, no matter how cute her design was, or how nice the diamond happened to be.

Nothing Yet

mini sn: lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 am
Aurian is offering her jewelry to the Priestess.

Aurian listened quietly to Ylaria's directions. It was hard to believe that this was their final day of class. A week, already gone. It hadn't been enough, Aurian thought sadly. There was still so much more to see and learn here. She still had questions to ask. She wanted to make more jewelery and test out the FEAR-infused gems again.

"Ma'am?" Aurian raised her hand. "Do you think the Clan would ever allow apprentices from outside? Like, after we finished school or something?"

It wasn't what Aurian wanted to do for the entirety of her life. But there was something appealing about the thought of coming back here one day. Perhaps spending a much longer period of time learning to master the jewelry-making techniques. Or, she nearly drooled at the thought, their weapon-making techniques ... But more likely than not, the art of jewelcrafting was considered too sacred to be taught at a deeper level than this. Aurian hoped that wasn't the case, but she wouldn't be surprised.

"Is it ever sold to other Clans, or outside the Four Clans?" Aurian continued. "Or is the jewelry too important to this Clan to pass along?"

When the priestess approached Aurian, the Reaper took out her brooch and considered it. She loved it. She'd wanted to wear it after this. She'd also wanted to use it in battle, but it seemed that the FEAR charge had run out during yesterday's battles with the shades. Now it was just a pretty ornament. And while part of Aurian wanted to shout 'no, mine!' and cling to it, she was here to experience another culture. Maybe that meant letting them use her work as an offering. If it was important enough that they would ask, the least Aurian could do was say yes ... right?

Aurian bowed low before the priestess and placed her brooch on the proffered gold plate.

User Image

Once the priestess had moved along, Aurian felt safe to voice more of her questions. "Is there any difference in jewelry created for battle and those created for the priestesses or as sacrifices? It just seemed like all the effects you mentioned yesterday were really helpful for fighting, but how does that help the priestess? Is there something more useful for their line of work, or is it just about returning the FEAR that's been used in the..." Aurian waved a hand, unable to remember the terms Ylaria had used, "great circle of life?" Wait, no, that was definitely wrong. Oops. Was that disrespectful? It might be time to go fight another shade like Ylaria had mentioned...

Nothing Yet
Many questions! 8D ... Sorry! OTL

Minipet sn = kalindara

kalindara

kalindara rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

kalindara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:17 am
Aurian made her escape over to the jewelry case. Perhaps she should have tried out another combination, but she found herself reaching instead for an ornate ring bearing a large sapphire and diamond. At least she knew what to expect from this one, she thought as she took her place before a box that would release a shade.

"Today, I'm definitely going to win," she said, staring hard at the shadowy creature that emerged.

The diamond in the ring began to glow right away. Aurian carefully kept the sapphire in check for now. She suspected that she had used it too early in yesterday's battle. Better to wait until she needed it more.

When the shade before her was fully formed, Aurian summoned her scythe to her hand. She lunged forward in a flash, thrusting one blade at the shade's torso.

Aurian's HP: 29/30
Shade's HP: 18/20
Effectiveness: 2 gem effects
Gems In Use gaia_diamond Diamond: Take 1 damage each turn instead of 5.
User ImageSapphire: Do not subtract 6 from your attack roll for three turns. 3/3 remaining.  
{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff