[JRP] Tifara x Saba: When you wish upon a star~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 am
User Image The sweet sound of a cooing bird awoke the once sleeping pale lioness who had been curled inside her little rock shelter. She had been up late last night watching the star shower that had occured for many hours. She recalled the words of her wish chant her adopted father taught her sometime ago. "Starlight, starbright first star I see tonight. I wish I may I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight!.....Oh how I wish for my own prince charming to sweep me off my paws. I want my own happily ever after.."

Blurry pink eyes blinked in confusion for a moment but shivered as a stray breeze hit her in the face bring her back to the present. "Hmmm," She wrinkled her nose at the unpleasant wake up call. That was one thing she missed about dawnwalkers was the warmth of the morning but the rich grassyness of pridelands more than made up for its weather. Tifara recalled the first time in a long time when her paws touched the green stufff, it was weird but like everything else she got used to it. "I suppose its time I started the day might as well~" She spoke to herself as she looked around her messy home.

She had been in the pridelands for a few weeks now and was just starting to settle down. Though one couldn't tell with her things all over the place. Her jewelry was placed in pretty much every nook and cranny. Humming a little tune she got to work on the much needed cleaning.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm
User Image The past few weeks had seen the dark lion getting up to rise with the sun. Not normally one to mind such a thing, lately it had been a bit of a bother for Saba. His mind seemed preoccupied with his life, where he had been, and, more importantly, where he was going and where he saw himself. Having left the pride of his birth as an adolescent meant that he had been doing the rogue thing for a good, long time. There had been adventures had, interesting souls met, good and bad times experienced, but could he really keep that up for the rest of his life? The prospect had some fine points, but a recent chat with a few fellow chaps had gotten him thinking about what he wanted for himself, for his future. Some long and hard thinking had been done and the male came to a sound conclusion. He wanted to find a place to live for the rest of his life. He wanted to have a wonderful mate to curl up with at the end of every day. He wanted to lay down his roots, to have a family with his mate and to watch their children grow. A life that he could build and maintain, a legacy that would last for generations. Oh, now that was a thought that warmed him to his very core.

But where to start? It had been a question that had been troubling him. A place to live seemed like a reasonable place to start, so he had begun asking around, inquiring about prides that were lively, stable, happy, comfortable. The Pridelands had been the most outstanding answer and so the big striped male decided that it was the place for him. Finding a lovely lady to offer his whole heart to would be the second thing, but Saba would let that come in its own time. It wouldn't due to rush into anything. Nope. Should he find someone of interest that expressed some interest in him, he already had it in his mind that he would court her right and proper. A love that would last the ages! That's what he was thinking. Children and family would come later. First, he had to become a Pridelander.

The lions he had come into contact with had been most helpful in orienting him towards Pride Rock. While eager to get his new life started, the beauty of the morning and the pleasantness of the weather him proceeding at an easy pace. The lush grass was a nice change of pace to the hard packed earth, dusty plains, and desert sands that he had previously experienced. His destination was very near and whatever worry he had about things seemed far away. The steady breeze felt great through his mane. If the weather was like this a lot, he had no worry about getting overheated.

Saba paused his walking, closed his golden eyes, and took a deep inhale. Holding the air in his lungs for a moment, he slowly breathed it out with a sigh. This place would make a great home, he just knew it. Only what exactly did he have to do to officially count himself amid their ranks? Off the top of his head, the rogue couldn't really recall anyone saying specifically. "Well, bother," He mused aloud. Hm. Perhaps he could find a member that would be willing to enlighten him. Folks had seemed nice enough so far, so all that really needed to be done was to find someone who wasn't particularly busy and keep himself visible. Help may well happen upon him. Proceeding on slowly, Saba kept on the lookout for any lion or lioness who may be free enough for him to ask for a bit of assistance.

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:47 am
After spending a good quality of time moving, dusting, and cleaning her house Tifara walked down a hiden nook that held a small watering hole to bathe. "So much dust," She let out a tinkling laugh when a dustcloud poofed out from the shake of her head. Tifara was content with life at the moment, it had been a rough go for a while but she had pushed through those times. " It made me stronger." She spoke inforced outloud while nodding her head in agreement.

Finally she had reached her destination and her breath was taken away. It was like this everytime, so much beautiful in one little area. "Right, enough lawling around time to wash away the grime." She shook her heading in amusement before wiggling her butt before jumping gracefully into the water. "Oh!" She gasped out at the somewhat chilly liquid. "Mmm." Murmuring Tifara floated lazily watching the sky and held one paw up in the air curious. Her fur always turned a darker pink when it was wet which made her think of what her parents looked like which sadly she had never met them.

"I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss~" She sang to dispell any further depressing thoughts from occuring. There was no point on dwelling on things that could not be changed. "And a wish I'm hoping comes with this~"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:24 pm
Yes, he was looking for someone to ask for help, but Saba was also sort of enjoying watching folks bustled around to do their various chores and duties for the day. There was so much life here and it interested him greatly. The male remembered himself though and shook off the reverie that was threatening to take hold. Focus first and then he can ruminate on the comings and goings of the pride later. "Hm," He hummed with a slow look around. This was to see if anyone leaped out at him as being free enough for him to approach. A splash off to one side of him had caught his ear. 'Worth a shot,' Saba thought.

Turning in the direction of the noise, he slowed his approach when he picked up a sweet, almost musical voice. It's owner was most definitely female. Perhaps he could inquire of her. With the water in sight, he cleared his throat as his golden gaze settled on the bathing lioness. "Excuse me, miss. I don't mean to intrude, but do you live here? I'm looking to join myself, but I am not particularly sure how to specifically go about it. I could find someone else if you'd prefer to stay and finish your bathing, but you're the first to really reach out and grab my attention."

He paused for a long moment before shaking his head. "Oh, where are my manners?! Beg your pardon. Allow me to introduce myself, miss." Dipping a small bow to the bathing beauty before straightening again, he continued. "My name is Saba'Minhaj, but you are welcome to call me Saba for simplicity's sake."

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 am
"O-oh!" She blinked in surprise nearly loosing her balance at the unexpected male voice. Tifara turned around too look her fill at the stranger. What a sight, his fur was one of the most interesting things she had ever seen. "Hello," She gave her friendliest smile before continuing onward. "If by here you mean the Pridelands then yes I do. Oh, I could help you it is no trouble at all. I was just about to finish up anyways." She found herself giggling before she could stop it. "Grab your attention huh? Well if you would be so kind-oh"

A blush flushed her face at his gentlemanly gesture and found herself intrigued. No one had done that to her before, it was surprisingly...nice. "Saba'Minhaj," She spoke the name warmly a soft smile upon her face. "I will take you to the temple where the elders reside, but I can not follow you in. They will cast judgment whether you will stay to live in these lands or not. I am called Tifara'Divina, but please call me Tifara. I have many nicknames." She let out a tinkling laugh.

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 pm
He hadn't intending on being so surprising. Saba offered her an apologetic grin while she spoke and a dip of his head at her greeting. What a smile she had, so bright and warm. It was nice to know that he hadn't caught her right as she was getting started. That would have imposed upon her and interrupted her routine.

Ah, her blush became her as well. "Yes," He said of her saying his name. "Thank you kindly, Tifara. I do hope that they'll view me well. I would so like to live here. I've heard many great things about the Pridelands and what I have seen in the short time I've been here has done nothing but support the stories." The male couldn't help but smile at her laugh. It was practically infectious. "Oh, ah, I'll let you finish up your bath." Saba took a few steps back, half turned, and sat down. His golden eyes settled on his gold flecked front paws, not an act of shyness, but an act of perhaps respect, to allow her to do what she needed to do without someone who was essentially a stranger looking on. "Tifara'Divina," He mused aloud. "Meaning divine beauty, heavenly splendor. It's a beautiful name. I think it suits you." Yes, they had just met, but he believed there was a lot you could tell about someone by their laugh. Well, that and it was plain for him to see that she was a lovely lioness indeed.

Clearing his throat, he spoke again. "The temple and the elders, they're in the heart of the territory, in there. Yes?" He cast a glance towards Pride Rock.

Tara de Draiocht

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:49 pm
Tifara was vastly becoming starstruck. Such mannerisms and gentlemenly behaviour he had. "Indeed, the Pridelands are a very lush and active pride with many generations, its history is huge." She paused before continuing shyly. "I am sure they will welcome you to these lands. " She watched he turned around to allow her to finish bathing. He sure knows how to treat a female... I wonder if he has a lady friend somewhere. That random thought caused a frown to cross her pretty face. She did not like that, not at all. "So," She began airly while dipping a paw into the water and began scrubing. "Have you been traveling long? I notice you are alone, isn't there a female about keeping you on your toes?" What could it hurt, plus it would let her know if he were available or not.

She blinked as he nailed the meaning of her name. "Oh, that's correct it does mean divine beauty-ah" She blushed heavily. "Why thank you kind sir. You are such a flatterer." She giggled before coming to the edge of the pond to step out and dry. "I believe you have me at a disadvantage, I know not what your name means. And yes, the temple as well as the elders reside in the middle of the land. Don't you worry I will gladly take you there myself. I find myself rather enjoying your company." She winked cutely and lightly shaking away the last drips of water.

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 pm
"I shall look forward to hearing more of their rich history and wealth of traditions." He smiled at her shy continuance. "I do hope so. I would very much like to spend the rest of my days in a place such as this." Saba looked forward to the prospect of doing so. The whole place radiated with life and a sense of peaceful happiness. It was an ideal place as far as he was concerned. When Tifara continued, he returned his attention to his immediate area. A bit of a chuckle rose at her questions. "I've been traveling since I was an adolescent, so I guess you could say so. There hasn't really be a time where I wanted to settle down until recently. Heh. I am coming here alone, yes. My plan was to come here, settle, and then find someone to spend the rest of my life with, to have a family. At present, I am definitely open for the possibility of a special lady to come into my life." Well, it was the truth, so why bother mincing words.

He ventured a little sideways glance and smiled at the degree of her blush and her words. There was that giggle again too. Returning his gaze to the grass at his feet, he continued. "Allow me to remedy your disadvantage then. My name means 'the old path'. My mother had intended for me to bring about the old ways of the little pride I had been born into. To be honest, it was a whole lot of crazy, so I left when I was old enough and strong enough to do so. I would be willing to tell you about it sometime, if you're curious." Saba's shoulders bobbed in a half shrug, looking back to her upon hearing her stepping out of the water. "It would be an honor have you as a guide to the temple, Tifara." His posture straightened at her little wink and he gave her a warm, easy smile. "And I yours. If I may request something of you, would you mind waiting for me outside of the temple? Should the elders accept me, I can't think of anyone I'd like more to be the one to introduce me to pride life. That and you'd be the first I could say 'I am officially a Pridelander.' I think that would be a fine way to start a life here." He rose to his feet. "If you'll permit me, of course."

Tara de Draiocht

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:09 pm
"Indeed, there will be plenty of time for that and more." Her eyes practicely shinning in the light and she found herself nodding in agreement to his future wishes as well as hopes. "I too have traveled around, though mostly in my adulthood, and found my peace here within the pridelands. Like you I hope to find my one true love to spend the rest of my eternity here as well as the here-after." Tifara hoped she wasn't scaring him off as most of the males she had met were antsy at the prospect of family, lifemating, and the like.

"It sounds like strong, your name, and preserving ones history is the element of future knowledge." She paused at the mention of his mother. "Oh that is too bad, sometimes these things happen. Oh yes-" She spoke breathlessly before continuing. "I would love to here more about you--your history!" Tifara nodded quickly. "Of course! I will gladly wait for you when you have done speaking with the elders--gladly! Come, come follow me and we will get you seen too." Tifara found herself getting caught up in her enthusiasm.

She lead him towards the opening before stopping infront. "I will say this to you know before you go in..." She bit lip before throwing caution in the wind to place a kiss on his cheek. "Goodluck Saba." She moved quickly over to outskirts to wait for him.

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 am
Ah, well, it seemed Tifara had some things in common with him. The lioness practically glowed when she smiled. "Indeed so," He began. "This seems like a fine place to find one's peace, and to build a life here." Saba blinked in mild surprise at learning that she was single. He was caught off guard by the revelation, he had sort of assumed that she was already spoken for, or at least seeing someone. He offered her a smile. "An admirable aspiration. I have no doubt that you'll get your forever man. Honestly, I'm surprised that you don't have someone in your life already."

The stripey male chuckled. "I suppose so. That's a good way to view it, I think." He was aware of what his mother had aspired for him to be and do. She had made it abundantly clear to him. Since his flight from the pride of his birth, he hadn't put much thought into the significance of his name beyond that he liked it. Saba shook his head with a bit of a grin. "Yeah, they do, but it doesn't bother me any. I got away from it to pursue my own path, I guess you could say." There was a feeling settling in his chest. He couldn't quite pinpoint whether or not it was excitement or what, but it was a good feeling without a doubt. "And I would be delighted to tell you, so long as you return the favor, hm?" He said with a wink of his own. He imagined that it'd get mighty boring if all he did was ramble on about himself. No, he genuinely wanted to get to know her better as well. She was so easy to open up to so far, incredibly warm, and she seemed to have a good heart to her. Beaming at her agreeing to wait for him, he nodded appreciatively. "Thank you, Tifara. Lead the way and I shall follow."

Following along side of the kindly lioness, enjoying just the proximity to her and the sights along the way to the temple at the center of the territory. Stepping up to her side, his gaze peering into the dim of the temple, Saba shifted his attention over to Tifara when she began speaking. The kiss to his cheek sent a shiver down his spine and a shock wave to his system. He stood there blinking for a moment before breaking into a big grin. "Well, I have no doubt that I have all the luck in the world at this moment." He dipped his head to her before disappearing into the temple to meet with the elders.

A short time passed before the dark lion emerged back out into the light of the growing morning. He blinked in the sun but as soon as his eyes adjusted themselves, he made his way over to where the fair lady was waiting for him. "Your luck has carried me through, Tifara. I am delighted to say that I am one of you." This really was it. He at last had a true home; one that he already felt more than welcome in and quite excited at the prospects that lay before him. Closing the small distance between them, he smiled and placed a kiss upon her forehead. Fortune favors the brave after all. "Walk with me, talk with me, and show me what there is to see? I could think of nothing I'd love more than for you to accompany me. Please, show me the sights and what there is to do. If I may, I would like to say that I'd love to come to know you."

Tara de Draiocht
Finished I believe. ^^ Unless you'd like to throw in a reaction post of hers before calling it finished.

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 am
Tifara bit her lip and looked towards the entrance of the cave once more. All this waiting was getting to her peace of mind. A noise awoken her from daydreaming, it was her prince charming. She started thinking him as such more and more. "Truly?!" She squealed quietly and happily. "That is such wonderful news-" She felt the touch of his lips upon her brow and the warmth traveled all along her body. "I would be honored to walk, talk, and show you around. I look forward to it." She silently added to herself, Hopefully for the rest of my life.

Avid_RPer18
END <3

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces