Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ace Combat: Unsung Heroes

Back to Guilds

The Legion Contracting Corp. is an elite force. To be asked to join is a privilege. 

Tags: Ace Combat, Private Military, Mercenary, Special Forces, Role Play 

Reply Archives
[Closed] Branch Future Acquisitions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fivever Hungry
Crew

Beloved Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:15 pm
Here is a list of future acquisitions from branches that I received:

Army: (Budget given: $DL 15 Million)
2x Russian T-90 Tanks
1x M270 Multi-Rocket Platform
1x G6 Rhino
10x Humvees
2x M192 Howitzer
4x M939 Trucks
Remainder: $DL 1,560,000

Navy: (Budget given: $DL ??)
Crossed Steele
Awaiting for yours

Air Force: (Budget given: $DL ??)
Lieutenant Jet
Yours as well

Marines: (Budget Given: $DL ??)
CDR Shepard
Remake please, no Aircraft, but light tanks, light vessels and guns

Lightning II,
Air Vice Marshal,
Administration Officer
Training Officer
HQ DLCC

AINGELPROJECT667
Air Chief Marshal
Chief of DLCC
HQ DLCC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:22 pm
Endorsed.  

AINGELPROJECT667
Captain

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lieutenant Jet

Dangerous Defender

7,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm

I am awaiting to see the size of my budget before I submit an acquisition request.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 pm
Now i heard that the Marines are getting all the best guns and gear... so does that mean all the other units get bolt action .22 rifles?

Lightning II

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Pykies
Vice Captain

Dedicated Informer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 pm
CDR Shepard
Now i heard that the Marines are getting all the best guns and gear... so does that mean all the other units get bolt action .22 rifles?

I guess im with Shepard on this. whats the point of giving just one branch the best guns and letting others get guns that are less than up to par. Doesnt make sense, But giving them equipment with anti-detection capability's, since they are more stealth ops than the army, would make alot of sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm
General Thomas Pryor
CDR Shepard

I guess im with Shepard on this. whats the point of giving just one branch the best guns and letting others get guns that are less than up to par. Doesnt make sense, But giving them equipment with anti-detection capability's, since they are more stealth ops than the army, would make alot of sense.
the marines are a light fast strike force from the sea who's job its to hit first, hit hard, and keep moving. we do have our force recon element but they act as our first eyes in to make sure we dont get decimated. Thats why i wanted the main boat so we could birth from there with our AAV and other landing craft.  

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Pykies
Vice Captain

Dedicated Informer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:56 pm
CDR Shepard
General Thomas Pryor
CDR Shepard

the marines are a light fast strike force from the sea who's job its to hit first, hit hard, and keep moving. we do have our force recon element but they act as our first eyes in to make sure we dont get decimated. Thats why i wanted the main boat so we could birth from there with our AAV and other landing craft.

The point I was trying to make was about the guns nothing else. Everything else you want, talk to Aingel and Lightning. But also, i want to put in a request that all branches be albe to buy a limited number of any equipment. Such as Marines being able to buy helicopters, Navy being able to buy planes for aircraft carriers, Airforce being able to own tanks if needed, and Army being able to own Certain planes. They sould only be able to buy these if they get enough cash, And only buy a limited number of said equipment, so that way a branch doesnt have a monopoly on all of one equipment, but not enough so that they would be their own military, such as if the Navy had enough planes to run their own Airforce.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm
General Thomas Pryor
CDR Shepard
General Thomas Pryor
CDR Shepard

The point I was trying to make was about the guns nothing else. Everything else you want, talk to Aingel and Lightning. But also, i want to put in a request that all branches be albe to buy a limited number of any equipment. Such as Marines being able to buy helicopters, Navy being able to buy planes for aircraft carriers, Airforce being able to own tanks if needed, and Army being able to own Certain planes. They sould only be able to buy these if they get enough cash, And only buy a limited number of said equipment, so that way a branch doesnt have a monopoly on all of one equipment, but not enough so that they would be their own military, such as if the Navy had enough planes to run their own Airforce.
thats what i would like it would make things much easier for each branch  

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Fivever Hungry
Crew

Beloved Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 pm
General Thomas Pryor

The point of that is other branches will ended up buying additional equipments that other branches has, which is basically dublication = waste of money.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 pm
Lightning II
General Thomas Pryor

The point of that is other branches will ended up buying additional equipments that other branches has, which is basically dublication = waste of money.
but that is not how real world militaries work. if you want to put realism into it everyone will need to have a little bit of everything. yes we rely on each other for help and support but we need to have our own things. I am sure that the Navy will like their own planes that can fit on their carriers and be able to do sorties and protect themselves.  

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Ardent Anarchist

Interesting Codger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Lightning II
General Thomas Pryor

Duplication? The planes that are used by the Navy don't have duplicates in the Air Force, or Army Air Corps. The Navy's Aircraft are all her own, and each one has a specific purpose th that Branch. For the most obvious examples: Naval Fighter Aircraft are built to be launched from a steel cable, on an aircraft carrier, and need to be able to land on that small runway. No Duplicates. And the planes The navy protects herself.

Yes Branches help each other, but don't rely on each other as one would expect. The Air Force has her own objectives, as does the Navy. One cannot expect Air Force planes to protect the Naval Battleships all day every day. The Navy is responsible for the Protection of her own ships. Using that same logic other branches should be allowed Helicopters to protect their men, and The Air Force tanks to protect their Runways. The Branches are not independant, but self sufficient. They aren't a military in themselves because they have a focus.

Like a doctor has to understand bodily function as a result of the specialty he trained for. If he was trained to be a Heart doctor he better know how blood pressure, and hemoglobin counts effect the digestion of food, to the effientcy of thought processes in the person. But He won't specialize in Brain function either. Lighting, You can't expect an efficient military if branches have to abandon objectives to help people with other ones all the time. The time and energy spent there will be substantial. Shepard, Pyror may not be the most brilliant tacticians to you, but their logic is sound. You may be the "Paper God" but you don't have All this authority. Ultimatly it's up to Aingel. And He will listen to what the branches need to make the best desicions.

Strong Wind, and Following Seas,

Cross  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 pm
Crossed Steele

As I said, Aingel and I came up with these, and Aingel said that as well. Ask him if you don't believe. And I said I am the messenger, I didn't make the choice of doing it. Please read what I said earlier in equipment list post before making your choice saying I don't have an authority of giving out messages decided by Aingel. But yeah, Aingel could change his mind.

Lightning II  

Fivever Hungry
Crew

Beloved Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash