Welcome to Gaia! ::

✿ puella magi: SYMPHONY PROJECT

Back to Guilds

A B/C based around the anime, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. 

Reply ♥ PUELLAE MAGICAE - journals
[☆] AUDREY STARFIELD • Saint-Cinq Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Messenger of Magic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:44 pm
{ t a b l e . o f . c o n t e n t s }

i. certificate
ii. table of contents
iii. audrey starfield
iv. history
v. the purple puella
vi. roleplay log
vii. growth req's
viii. relationships - townsfolk
ix. relationships - puellae
x. locations
xi. possessions
xii. art gallery
xiii-xiv. reserved for now
xv. credits and adieu

{ u p d a t e s ! }

3. 31. 2012 :: journal started! 8D

{ c o n t a c t ! }
pm: open!
aim: thymesnocturne

NB: if you want me on aim, or skype or gchat, PM me first and I'll hop on. :3

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 pm
{ a u d r e y . s t a r f i e l d }

User Image{ s c a l e s }

name :: Audrey Starfield (Audie)
color :: #800080 purple
nationality :: American, some hints of her Korean heritage

home/financial status :: Middle class, comfortable. Family lives in Daisy District, Audrey lives in a dorm at Broussard's in the Apple District.
The Starfields control the allowances that they give to their girls and are very careful not to spoil them. Her father and mother tend to coordinate well on this: they wanted their daughters to grow up well-fed and mannered, but not over-indulgent and wasteful. Most of the spare money that her father makes goes into the girls' college funds. The two girls want for nothing as far as necessities go, but they've learned that if an item they're after is a "want" more than a "need," they'll have to work for it themselves.

school :: Broussard's Institution of Arts
Appearance :: Audrey tends to dress towards the side of prep and often has her hair teased up in one hairstyle or another. She prefers complimenting her purple hair with greys and blacks, tending to use a smokey palette of colors for her clothes and make-up. While she likes comfortable clothes as much as the next girl, Audrey is also intent on maintaining an image of professionalism and business chic. Most of this is done because she's a highly organized person and tends to take after her father in this regard, and also because she understands that music is a very difficult industry to break into, so she always wants to look her best in case anyone who might discover her is watching.

{ a r i a }

personality :: In a word, driven.

Once she sets her mind to something, Audrey will buckle down and do everything she can to push herself towards accomplishing it. The trick is getting her interested enough. For example, when it came to doing her math homework back in junior high, Audrey had a very difficult time concentrating on it. Even now that she's in a high school specifically for the arts, there are some classes that bore her out of her mind, like life drawing, that she really has to try and motivate herself to finish. She shares her father's philosophy of not wanting to waste any time, and so she'd much rather forgo uninteresting subjects in favor of practicing what she does love to do and cutting out boring or time-consuming tasks to make room for more preparation for what she sees as her career.

Audrey's voice is something that she is meticulous about caring for. Before a performance, she avoids speaking if she can help it. She gets her flu shots (even though visits to the doctor terrify her) in order to stay healthy, and as soon as she gets the inkling of a sore throat, she babies her throat until it gets better again. Sometimes she comes off as a little obsessive about her health, but considering that she has staked all her hopes on being a performing artist and a big singer someday, it's not without a purpose.

Performance is a major motivator for Audrey. Ever since she was a little kid, she's enjoyed having people marvel at her talent and being able to draw attention to herself. Though not wholly immune to acting like a diva when her performances get close, Audrey for the most part is fairly balanced. She understands that she can't be the center of attention all the time and is alright with that, especially now that many of her friends at Broussard's are accomplished performers as well. Though friendly in person, when Audrey gets on stage, she takes on a completely different persona. She demands attention, even when given bit parts or placed in the chorus, her voice stands out. It's here that her diva side has full rein: when on stage, she will pull out all the stops to enthrall the audience and have all eyes on her. All her training, devotion, and preparation goes into this one moment-- being so good at what she does that she commands attention, if just for five minutes during a song. Audrey naturally basks in the praise of a good performance afterwards, but she really lives for the moment of performing, singing at her best, and then the stark silence of an audience struck dumb as her last note hangs in the air.

Audrey is also very conscious of the power of having a good network. She's seen firsthand the enormous amount of power that her father wields at work, and while she understands that being a singer and being a businessman are two very different jobs, she sees the power of connections. When she was younger, she didn't like the idea as much but now she's growing into it and seeing it more as a part of advertising herself as a performer. Audrey ultimately wants to succeed as a vocalist based on the merit of her voice alone, but knowing the right kind of people might give her the edge to take her career to the next level, and the businessgirl inside of her can't overlook that. She's very polite and can make good small talk, but in the end, she's all about her voice. She'll throw a good party, will socialize with her friends and have a good time, but she's not quite the life of the party that her sister is.

Much as she tries, Audrey still feels like an outsider to her friend group sometimes, most often due to the amount of time she puts into her vocal training. While a lot of kids at Broussard's Institution of Arts are very driven, a lot of them don't have the almost religious devotion or lover's obsession that Audrey goes into it with. Her voice is everything. If she loses that tool, then she loses the belief that she has anything worthwhile to offer. Her sister already outshines her on the athletic spectrum as well as in most academic subjects, so Audrey's self-esteem and sense of self-worth depend heavily on her voice and her ability to mesmerize an audience. Sometimes, she feels very alone because she doesn't see anyone else at her prep school taking their art quite as seriously as she takes hers. Her friends are a good support system for her and keep her grounded when she goes off the deep end (Audrey is unfortunately one of those people who freak out whenever an examination or critique session comes up) and she loves them and is a good friend back. Well, as much as she can be, with her drive to succeed. Music is a hard business and Audrey knows that. Even if it takes her a long time, she'll keep pushing herself and trying to make it as a big star no matter what. Her friends cheer for her, but even they get tired of hearing the same old excuse as she skips out on birthday parties, movie dates, and study sessions: sorry, have to practice! ...oh, wait, we were going to the cafe today? I have vocal... oh my gosh, I'd love to go but I have to work on my voice...

{ c o n c e r t o }

Family:
Keith Starfield :: 47 << father >>
Keith is a man who, more than anything, is married to his work. He goes into the office early and works late nights, but he seems genuinely happy about this. His work is primarily corporate, and he works as a businessman supervising his research and development department at and occasionally taking consulting stints elsewhere to show managers how to ramp up their employees' productivity. He's very concerned about time and not wasting it; both before and after Audrey's operation. Keith truly does care for his family, though he's not home very often or as large a presence in his children's lives as he might want to be; he just sees the best way for him to contribute to the happiness of his family to advance as much as he can at work. He's also quite the devious shark when it comes to business deals and still very good-looking for his age, so his coworkers and fellow board members tend to like him.

Honoria Yoon :: 44 << mother >>
Audrey's mother kept her maiden name when she married because she liked feeling independent and liked the sound of Honoria Yoon better than Honoria Starfield. Born a second-generation Korean American, Honoria has endeavored to keep her heritage alive without losing sight of the person she is. Before she met Keith, she was aspiring to make it as an artist and was making enough from her art and side job waitressing to pay the rent and get by. A lot of her more well-known work is under her maiden name as well. While she didn't stop painting after she had children, much of her time has shifted from a focus on her art to focusing on fostering her children. She's the go-to mom for pretty much anything: rides to lacrosse practice for Carly and singing lessons for Audrey, slumber party coordinator, baker of delicious treats for fundraisers and more. Her desserts are really good, and while a few people have suggested that she should open a cafe and sell her dishes, Honoria always declines. Her focus is not so much on her own life now, but her children, though she is still madly in love with her husband.

Carly Starfield :: 14 << younger sister >>
Ever since she was young, Carly has always been fighting to get out from under Audrey's shadow. Where Audrey dominates in artistic pursuits, Carly makes up for it with her scientific and engineering know-how and athletic prowess. Carly is hot-headed and temperamental, but ultimately very smart: she knows that there's no way that she could beat Audrey at singing and so has endeavored to excel in other areas. She's cocky as hell and usually gets into some tough scrapes because she doesn't always have the bite to back up her bark. She's a fighter, maybe a little too pugnacious for her own good, but when it comes down to it, she's loyal to the bone with her friends and her sister. Her choices might sometimes seem dumb, but there's often an ulterior motive for Carly taking the fall for someone. She likes to think of herself as independent and out for her own goals, but she would do anything to keep their family together and happy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 am
{ h i s t o r y }

Audrey was born as the first of two girls to her parents, Keith and Honoria, both of whom were madly in love and excited to welcome their first daughter. Audrey didn't have any complications during birth, but her doctors soon found out that her larynx was slightly malformed. They mentioned to her parents that this was a congenital disease, but that as many children born with this didn't see complications from it, it wasn't something to worry about.

When Audrey's little sister Carly was born, she was very excited. The two girls became fast friends, sharing a room until a raise at Keith's job permitted them to buy a larger, grander house when they were 8 and 7. Though Audrey and Carly are very different, they're still very close. Both of them excel in disjoint fields so that there's no competition from the other. While Carly goes to Teufel Town High School, Audrey attends a different academy, so the level of competition between them is fairly low. Keith and Honoria discovered early on that both girls could be fierce rivals, whether it was in a simple board game, or for who could get the best grades, and later the cutest boys to hang out with them. Audrey and Carly fought a lot at first, but when both realized that they were clashing because they were both very good at the same things, they resolved to stick to different passions. Audrey, obviously, claimed singing as her own. Though now Carly is a sports star and honor roll hotshot, she was at first really wedded to the idea of being a ballet dancer and gave it up so that she and her sister could stay friends. Carly, for the most part, is pretty happy about where she is as a person, but sometimes a little part of her wonders what would have happened if Audrey wasn't so devoted to having all the arts to herself...

Things seemed pretty stable at the Starfield house; vacations and preteen years passed mostly without incident. Keith continued to climb the corporate ladder, Honoria took care of the girls and occasionally attended art shows or cocktail parties with Keith, and the family vacationed to more and more exciting places. Audrey became well-known as a singer and when she got the chance, seized the opportunity to study at Broussard's. Carly felt a little left out not getting to go the same high school as her big sis, but since going to Teufel Town High on her own, she's become a lot more confident in herself as a person. Audrey continued to devote herself to music, forming a tight-knit circle of singers and actors at her school and beginning to audition elsewhere as well. She understands the the competition is fierce and full intends to meet it head-on.

However, disaster struck in her sophomore year.

The malformation of her vocal chords as a child had progressed much faster than her doctors had thought it would, partly because of the mendacity of the disease itself as well as the rigorous training that Audrey had put them through. It started out as just a regular cough and a sore throat, and Audrey as usual took great pains to make sure that she took care of herself. But then it never went away. Three weeks after she first fell sick, her parents took her to the doctor, where the verdict was pronounced. She would probably be able to speak, but she would never sing again. Audrey underwent surgery to attempt to fix her larynx and perhaps give her another shot at singing, even though the thought of being in a hospital and having her precious throat cut open terrified her. It was unsuccessful, though.

Audrey came home a disenchanted girl. All her life, she had worked hard for a single goal and now it had been denied to her. She can still speak--the surgery was enough to prevent her from becoming mute-- but the quality of her voice has totally been lost. On her best days she sounds like she has a bad cold, on her worst like she's a chain smoker. Her self-esteem is shot. When people once looked over and poked their heads through crowds to see what girl had such a melodious voice, now when she speaks people turn away in surprise or frown sadly when they hear what happened. A few of her rivals mutter that it's hubris coming back to bite her. Audrey's friends have been real troopers, supporting her through everything, and they're one of her great joys now. Carly likewise has been a great help at home. Everyone seems to be doing everything they can to make her feel welcome and good about herself, and Audrey appreciates it, really, she does, but...

It's not the same. She looks at her friends and the way they get quiet around her when they mention that they have to practice, or how someone slipped and said that they had to try out for one of Audrey's parts in a school musical. At home, she watches as Carly's star is rising as an academic and an athlete, and while she's proud of her little sis, Audrey's angry, too. What would crunched vocal chords mean to someone like Carly? Nothing. Why hadn't her sister been born like this, with a condition that wouldn't affect her dreams? Audrey has taken up bubble gum so that she doesn't have to talk to people, so that they don't have to hear her voice. She tells herself that it's to increase lung capacity so that when she goes in for surgery next (and it works) she'll be ready to take center stage again. But, secretly, it's entirely defensive. Everything she's worked her life towards, from singing in elementary to getting into this prep school, has vanished like a puff of smoke or a burst bubble. Audrey is a girl who doesn't know what to do anymore. She sees her friends, she sees her rivals, and she sees her sister all succeeding and becoming the people they dreamed of being. But most of all, she sees people everywhere pursuing their dreams and knows that she'll never be able to join them.

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 am
{ t h e . p u r p l e . p u e l l a }

{ h a r m o n i c s }
symbol :: eye
weapon :: bubbles

more to come when Audrey goes puella :3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am
{ r o l e p l a y . l o g }

{ i n - p r o g r e s s }
# [prp] ships passing in the night

{ c o m p l e t e }
none!

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 am
{ g r o w t h . r e q u i r e m e n t s }

{ g i r l -> p u e l l a }
~

{ p u e l l a -> ? ? ? }

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:48 am
{ r e l a t i o n s h i p s - t o w n s f o l k }

{ l e a d . s i n g e r s }
Audie's friends~

{ o r c h e s t r a }
neutral

{ c r i t i c s }
eneeeemies~

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 am
{ r e l a t i o n s h i p s - p u e l l a e }

{ d u e t . p a r t n e r s }
allies and teammates

{ p r i m a . d o n n a s }
---> Gemma Fossen
x

{ r i v a l . s t a r s }
:/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:51 am
{ s e t t i n g s }

{ the Starfield home }
--

{ room 724 }
Audie's dorm room

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 am
{ p o s s e s s i o n s }

{ battle items! }
anything Audie can use in a pinch!

User Image User Image User Image

{ gifts from friends <3 }
baaaw

{ misc }

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:58 am
{ a r t . g a l l e r y }

{ official art }

User Image

{ unofficial art }
none yet!

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 am
{ r e s e r v e d }

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 am
{ r e s e r v e d }

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

Saint-Cinq

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:04 am
{ c r e d i t s }

User Image

{ ilu shop ; u ; }

shop concept :: zanaroo && kay-ray-zee
audrey official art :: DIOBBY
audrey character idea :: saint-cinq

all other art, characters, and other cool jazz the property of their respective owners <3

♥ PUELLAE MAGICAE - journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff