Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary of Dreams

Back to Guilds

Guild for the SoD shop 

Reply {Journals} Where your journey unfolds!
*~Ourania's Journal~*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 pm
~Ourania, Dream of The Desert~
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:47 pm
Introduction

Heyoo! I am Corny, and welcome to the journal I’ve made for Ourania! As if life wasn’t chaotic enough right now, I have brought another little dream home. She is my fourth dew, born of the essence desert, and I can’t wait to see how she grows. I hope you will join me... <3  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:48 pm
RP Info:

Ourania writes in Gray

Corny writes in Green

RP Logs:

Sleepover! *In Progress*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 pm
Ourania Basics:

Name: Ourania
Essence: Desert
Dislikes: Anything that's slow, really...
Personality: The little dream seems to be cheerful and confident so far. It looks like she's one who likes adventure and risk in her life. Very sweet, she's quite hyper and can run around all day.

Photos

Stage 1: Dew
Stage 2: Child Uncert  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:51 pm
Updates

7-13-12~ Ourania grew into a child
3-25-12~ I discovered my dew, Ourania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm
~Entry 1~

I had just gotten home from work when I heard it. The jingling of bells. At first I thought I was just hearing things. Branka had only just grown into a child! How could another dew be calling me already? Could I already have dreamed a new life into being? I quickly checked the kids to make sure they were okay before turning around and heading right back out.

The sun was still low, rising slowly from where it hid over the horizon, making me squint to see the road. The night had brought a strangely cool front through, and as I stepped out of the car I shivered in a sweater that was too thin to block the bitter wind. The weather had been so nice lately, making this chill that much worse. As I trekked closer to the garden, I noticed that the tiny bells had a slightly distressed tone, causing me to pick up the pace. I passed the now familiar archway and crossed the stone path until I finally reached the tree of dews. I circled the tree a couple times in search of the one calling me, but to no avail. Still, it’s distressed tone pleaded to be found. I stepped closer to the trunk, looked up through the thick mess of branches, and realized... It was way up in there! “Is this really how we’re starting out?” I grumbled as I grabbed a branch and yanked myself up. Mind you, I’m not fond of heights...

The climb seemed to take forever, though surely it was only a minute or two. I climbed just past midway up when I heard the chime nearby. And now I had to climb along a branch! At least I wasn’t cold anymore. In fact, I was quite warm. I inched out along the branch and finally! There it was! The dew’s chimed rolled happily as I plucked it up and held it close. Unfortunately, right then I happened to look down and realized how high up I was. I suppose I should admit... I panicked and clutched that branch with my life. Several minutes passed before I dared open my eyes again, and that was only because of the dew. I guess it had been ringing the whole time, but my fear had blocked it out. It was ringing encouragingly, the sweet notes soothing and strengthening. After another minute of listening to the song, I managed to wiggle back to the trunk. ..and then spent yet another minute telling myself I had to start on down.

When I finally reached the ground, the dew rang happily, as though congratulating me. Not sure why it would do that though.. I felt like a complete sissy by that point. Now that I had both feet on the ground, I remembered the dew would need an essence. There was a bottle with a cheery yellow liquid inside that seemed to glow more than the others, and I knew that was the one. The bottle was quite warm when I picked it up. A single drop fell onto the dew, and I watched with the same amazement that I had with my other children as the color spread throughout the dew. “So, what are you going to be, Ourania?” I asked, brow rising as the name slipped out. Yes. Ourania was a lovely name for her. “Ohh... Chad’s gonna have a fit over yet another girl coming home.” I said with a giggle, and Ourania rang out as though to say she was up to the task!

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:32 pm
~Entry 2~

Ourania isn’t shy about what she likes and what she doesn’t like. I did the testing with her that I did with the others, and she is quite the character. She likes things that are bold. Colors are deep and bright. Scents stand out. She dislikes the cold, and seems to like heat. She has no apparent preference between hard and soft things. She doesn't like slow music (unless it's appropriate for a scene, like sad parts in a movie). She’s also a thrill seeker.

Chad was holding her, just talking and showing her around the house. When he went to show her around outside, a stiff breeze came up and blew her out of his hand! I was in the yard watching Branka stare at the clouds, and nearly had a stroke when I saw that little dew go flying. Chad dove and caught her, and suddenly started laughing. Along with his laughter I heard the sound of Ourania’s bells, and dang if it wasn’t the most excited ring I’d ever heard. Chad carried her into the yard, checked to watch the wind, and carefully tossed the dew into the air. Ourania rang out again in delight, getting louder the more she was tossed.

Not only that, but she loves the action genre. Gemini is reading to her now like she did with Chad and Branka, and mentioned that Ourania seems to prefer the books with excitement and action in them. Apparently, the kid books are too boring. She got me to go to the library and see what kind of adventure books there were for teenagers, and I ended up picking out a couple from this series called “Animorphs,” which is about a group of teens fighting off a world invasion by using the power to change into animals and fight using the animal's skills. Apparently, Ourania had Gemini read both books that night, so I’ll have to pick up more later. I didn't really want her to be listening to fighting stories since she's still so young, but if that's what she likes... It looks like I have a little adventurer of some sort on my hands.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:24 pm
~Entry 3~

Ourania apparently feels like she’s going to grow soon. That’s what Gemini and Chad say. Apparently, the little dew is very excited about when she grows. So, it was time to start the process of finding clothes for her. If she’s going to be as active as it seems like she’s going to be, I wanted to be sure to find something appropriate and durable. We looked through so many outfits.. First it was jeans and a plain t-shirt. Then it was a denim dress. Then it was a khaki safari outfit. Then it was a wonder woman costume. Then it was a yoga set. Then it was a Daphne costume from Scooby Doo. She just couldn’t make up her mind. Amazingly, we managed to find something right from the store that we could buy. It’s a cute little purple jumper about knee length with a green long-sleeve shirt. With that is a pair of green tights to match the shirt, and cowgirl boots. I would have preferred hiking boots or sneakers, but she wanted the cowgirl boots. I think it’ll actually be pretty cute. I think I should have her wear her hair up in some way, too.

Now that the outfit is set, she’s been more cheerful than ever. She’s always asking Gemini or Chad to take her outside to look around. I think she’s memorizing the paths so that she’s ready to jump out and explore when she’s able to. Frankly, it makes me a little nervous. What is this little girl going to get into while I’m trying to pay attention to everything else in my life? Now I’m really going to need the teens’ help. I know they won’t mind. Especially Chad. He seems to have found a kindred spirit within that dew. She was just what we needed after the bird fiasco. Chad is even starting to seem more like his old self instead of the snarky punk he was turning into. I wonder how much Ourania influenced this. Branka still will have nothing to do with her though. I almost get the feeling that Branka is avoiding the little dew. Oh well. We’ll just have to see when she grows!

Outfit Boots And the hair up in some way. Pony tail, pig tails, etc.. Whatever you like ^^

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:06 am
~Entry 4~

It happened! Ourania has grown! She’s been a child for less than a day, and I’m already tired out! When I got home from work I went to take her from Gemini, who was dew-sitting while I was away. Gem went off to bed, and after checking on Chadrick and Branka it was just me and the dew. So I sat down to read a little with her next to me on the couch, and not two pages in I was blinded by a bright flash at my side. While I was still blinking my eyes clear, a high laugh of absolute glee sounded next to me and a light weight jumped into my lap while little arms wrapped around my neck. Finally, I saw her. Ourania is an adorable little kitty! Hair the color of wheat, dusky gray kitty ears and tail, peach skin, and large, lovely green eyes. And, of course naked as a newborn.

I only managed to get a quick hug from her though. Before I knew it, she was wiggling out of my grasp and dropped to the floor. Shrieking with delight, she went off streaking through the house. Despite my efforts to chase her down and get her to quiet down, her laughter woke the others. Branka got one look at Ourania and started growling. For safety’s sake, I immediately tucked Branka back into her room with a billion apologies. I hope their being a cat and a dog won’t cause any problems... Gemini came out and simply giggled. Chadrick... He must have opened his room door right as Ourania was running past. I was trying to figure out where she had run when I heard him holler out. I hurried over, and Chadrick was standing in his bedroom doorway with Ourania hanging from his arm. I couldn’t tell if Chad was irritated or amused or horrified. Possibly all three.

At any rate, by the time I tried to grab her from Chadrick, she had dropped down and scurried off somewhere else! I managed to get Chad to help me track her down, and I heard the back door slam shut. Terrified, I ran for the door and out into the dark, Chad reluctantly at my heels, since I was dragging him along by his arm. A naked child was running wild in my backyard, and I couldn’t see her! At the last minute, I remembered to turn on the yard lights, and there she was, already past Gemini’s big pond, crouched behind a bush that was too small for her to successfully hide behind. When I neared the bush though, she squealed and ran again! Clearly, she was taking great enjoyment from the chase. I had to ask Chadrick to go after her, since he was faster than me. It took nearly ten minutes to catch her from when she first jumped off the couch! Honestly! How is she able to scurry so fast already? Must be those kitten genes. Thank goodness Chadrick’s a runner. I probably wouldn’t have seen her again until she got hungry if he hadn’t been able to help!

I had to keep a firm hold on the still squirming, still giggling, child in order to get her to my room where her clothes were. When she saw her little purple jumper and green shirt, she calmed down enough to get them on. She seemed particularly happy about the boots. Thankfully, everything fits her perfectly. I can’t imagine taking this child to the store to try on clothes if these hadn’t worked!! Then I pulled her hair back into bouncy little pigtails. She’s quite adorable when she’s not wreaking havoc. Until her room is finished though, she’ll have to sleep with me in my room. I got an air mattress out for her, but... she’s already stretched out on my bed, fast asleep. How can she go from bouncing off the walls to dreamland so quickly? I checked to make sure the others had gotten back to sleep, and then came back to update Ourania’s journal. Now, off to the air mattress for me. Hopefully I’ll be able to get enough sleep, because who knows what I’ll be facing tomorrow with this crew!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm
~Entry 5~

This child is embracing her kitten side far too eagerly, in my humble opinion. Since she has grown, she has been nothing but a blur of pigtails and ...cat tails. She’s even more active than Chadrick was as a child! It’s to the point where I’m putting locks on all the doors and the cabinets.

Yesterday, Ourania decided that it was kitchen exploring day while I was helping Gemini out. She pulled out all the pots and pans so that she could climb into the cabinets. Then she climbed onto the counters, and started going through all the baking supplies. Flour and salt all over the floor, chocolate and baking powder on the counter, and bottle of vanilla sucked clean. Of course, there were dirty boot prints on the counter, and floury, sugary, chocolaty, sticky, gooey boots prints on the floor. Sticky hand prints dotted the walls. As if this weren’t enough, there was also a collection of lip-shaped chocolate prints on the window over the sink.

At the least, the boot prints showed me where she had gone, right through the house and out the back door. And what do I see out in the back yard? A pile of clothes next to the pond. Yes, the clothes were filthy. Apparently, Ourania had decided to clean herself up with the pond instead of waiting for a bath. It amazes me that she hates the tub, but it fine with the pond. At any rate, here sat Ourania’s clothing, but no Ourania. Chadrick wasn’t home to help me look for her, and I wasn’t about to ask Branka to come, considering that they seem to be having a rocky start of being sisters...

So while Gemini watched Branka, I had to go out and see if I could find that crazy little girl. Searched the whole yard, no kid. Then, of all things, Cinder, Chadrick’s firecheep, flutters up to tell me he’s been following Ourania around today. So, he led me off into the woods. After about five minutes of twisty-turny walking, five minutes!, we reached a bright and grassy clearing. Right in the middle of that clearing, splayed out in the sunlight and the grass, was Ourania. I’ll admit, for half a second I thought she was dead. Then I called her name, and she sat up, looked around, and gave me the largest smile I’d ever seen. She hopped up and ran over as if nothing was wrong and leapt into my arms. I think she may have been purring, but I was just relieved that she was okay. She can’t talk yet, but she was babbling the entire walk home; probably about todays adventure through the kitchen and the woods.

We got back to the house and surveyed the mess. Despite my attempts to scold her, she kept on babbling and pointing at the mess she’d made, as though trying to tell me about all she’d done. Well, at any rate, this is becoming a long page, no? So I gave her a real bath, which she fought against the entire time, and sent her off to bed. ...At the least, all her running around means she sleeps well at night.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 pm
~Entry 6~

Ourania received a very sweet gift today from Constance. She got it in a box by mail, and that alone pleased her to no end. She spent half an hour staring at the box on the table, grinning about having been mailed something. When she finally asked who it was from, she practically tore the box open. ...I must admit, it took me a moment to realize what the ratty looking train of fabric was that my kitty yanked from the packaging. Yarn of all varieties and colors, big balls that might have been intended pom-poms or unintended knots, gaps at various points... A clearly wholehearted attempt at knitting a scarf! Ourania inspected the length a moment, and then realization dawned on her as well. She shrieked with delight (my ears are still ringing a bit) and wrapped it about her neck. Then she jumped up from her chair and spun in a circle to show it off to me. Before I could comment, she was buzzing off in usual Ourania fashion to show off the gift to the others.

It seems like she and little Constance are becoming quite the buddies, which I'm happy for. Ourania needs a nice playmate. Gem tries, but she's nearly an adult now, Chadrick is never home anymore other than to eat and sleep, and Branka doesn't have the personality to tolerate Ourania's busy ways. I've only met Constance a couple times myself, but she does seem like a sweet girl.

Once I got Ourania to calm down a bit, I helped her write a thank you note for the gift. She had me take a picture of her wearing the scarf and print it out from the computer right away so that it could go into the card. She was disappointed that it couldn't be sent out tonight, and I'm sure she'll be getting up early to remind me to send it out in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am
~Entry 7~

After the Halloween fiasco, Ourania seemed much more content to stay close to the house than before. Her friend, Constance, went missing when trick-or-treating in the city, and no one could find her. About two days later, Ourania decided to seek her friend out herself. Amazingly, she succeeded where everyone else had failed! I'm just glad that she didn't get lost as well.

However, I don't think the peace will last much longer. She's pacing around the house, tail twitching as she looks out each window. When we're outside, she'll start to head for the woods, but then stop herself. She wants to go exploring like she used to. I both look forward to it, and harbor concern for it.

Also, I believe she's feeling Chadrick's absence. When he moved, Ourania kept looking for him in his room. It makes me sad, really... She misses her energy buddy. Branka still won't have anything to do with her, and Gem is busy with going through and making her wedding plans. She's so excited about them...

Ourania is going to have a part in the wedding as well! She's going to be a flower girl. Unless she grows, in which case she'll become a bridesmaid. ....I don't see how she'll sit still through the ceremony, but Gem is willing to take that risk apparently.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 pm
~Entry 8~

I couldn't take it anymore. Ourania kept pacing around the house looking miserable, so I took her to find an activity outside of the house to do. I wanted her to have something productive and energetic, like Chadrick had with his track team.

She picked gymnastics. The competitions always make me a little nervous, and now I'm fairly certain that she'll be trying to practice whatever she learns at home. I'll have to make sure she knows that any practice is to be done outside in the yard.

She's quite excited, of course. I'll be with her the first few practices, to make sure she's adjusting well, and then will use the time to, I don't know, get something done?! Imagine! Though, I'm fairly certain she'll forget I'm even there within a couple minutes of the first session. Her coach seems like a very nice woman, and is taking Ourania's appearance in stride. I've already discussed with her how others might try to pass off Ourania's feline side as an advantage, and she says it won't be a problem. This will give Ourania an outlet, and me an hour to catch up on things every other day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 pm
~Entry 9~

Ourania has really taking to having Astrid around. She is slowly being surrounded by friends, and it seems to be grounding her a little. Not much, but a little. She has found numerous ways to use all that energy of hers in a slightly more productive manner than usual.

She has been busy showing Astrid every inch of the house. Seriously. They even took a trip into the basement, which she usually doesn't go down to without someone with her. Their exploits outside are limited to within the yard, but every inch of that has been covered as well. Once in a while, she'll even have Astrid sleep in her room, when Astrid feels good enough to not sleep in mine. I look forward to them being able to play together.

Also, gymnastics has been going great! Once she takes a moment and sit still, pay attention to what the teacher is telling her, she does wonderfully. A few scrapes and tumbles, but she jumps right back up. She is thrilled that Constance has joined the lessons as well. She is always encouraging her friend, which is very sweet to see. As promised, I haven't heard anything from the other parents about the girls' physical features. Ourania is having such a wonderful time playing with others her age. I know Constance is a little energy bug as well, so it's good to see them working together.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

{Journals} Where your journey unfolds!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces