[JRP] Tifara'Divina x Kialio : Better Pastures

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 pm
User Image Tiredly Tifara looked around her crumbling home, it just wasn't the same. Ever since the drought the dawnwalker clan had gotten smaller and smaller. She gathered her belongings, little as they were, and looked around. This was it she was finally going to leave here after becoming part of this pride for only a few months. "Goodbye." Her words broke the still silence, it was like dead air. Her silent farewell seemed to echo for a few minutes before she headed away to survive elsewhere.

A sad frown crossed her face as she recalled her other farewell with her adopted father earlier. That had been painful for her to do, but there wasn't much to survive here. Why does he have to be so stubborn? She thought was with frustration as she thought of Lantis refusing to leave. Shaking her head she moved on and soon sand gave way to grass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 pm
User ImageHe had really taken a shine to this new job. Kialio enjoyed it quite a bit. As much as he loved the busyness of pridelands, he also appreciated that, as a scout, he got to spend more time alone while out patrolling. Today he was right at the far borders. He knew if he just kept on going past them, he would, some day, get to the desert. Sometimes he wondered if he'd ever try to make such a journey.

Alas, he was too comfortable in his homeland.

At first he didn't even see the pale lioness. She wasn't the perfect shade for hiding in the grass, but good enough for the distracted eye. Still, he caught sight of her just as she began to cross the borders. Hmm... could be a huntress, perhaps having gone a bit further than intended. Or a rogue.

Deciding it wa sbest to play it safe, he picked up to an easy trot, and headed Tifara's way.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 pm
Tifara had been lost in thought or else she would have noticed the little dip in the road which now had lead to her current situation. Water logged. She had been walking forward when her two front paws met air and with a startled yelp she landed in a deep enough puddle to soak her body. "Fantasic." She muttered before puckering her lips to blow her bangs away from her eyes. Tifara stood to give herself a shake and once done she knew she must look ridiculous aka puffy fur. Climbing up the slope she looked around embarrassed hoping no one saw her little accident just now. "Where am I..."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 pm
Tifara would not be pleased to find there was certainly an eye-witness to her gaffe. Kialio hadn't quite been too close to her yet, but had seen her go down, and into a puddle. He knew better than to laugh, but smiled slightly. Wasn't something you saw every day.

"Hello there," He greeted evenly, to make sure she didn't think he was laughing at her. Best be casual, pretend nothing happened. Even if she was now all wet, and dirty.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:17 pm
Tifara jerked her head up so quickly that her hair lifted and than flapped back down over her eyes blocking her vision. "H-hello," She spoke out cautiously before shaking her head slightly so she could see. A dark coloured male with a strike blue along his back and to her horror she felt a blush crawl along her face. What a sight she must be to him. "S-so, can you tell me where I am-" She almost tripped again she tried to cover her squeak of shock by coughing and sat down. Sitting down would be best Tifara thought at the moment. " It is so pretty here and lush, but not like the rogue lands nor the place I left. "

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 pm
Though, if he were honest, Kialio would be wanting to laugh, he somehow managed to keep himself contained, and just a pleasant smile crossed his features. Nope, let's just pretend this lioness didn't look like a total klutz.

So, that answered whether or not she was an outsider or a returning huntress. A huntress would know which lands she was in. "You're in the pridelands." He said helpfully. "Are you a wanderer?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:36 pm
"Oh," She spoke as she looked around,it suited the place; the name. " Not really, I lived among the dawnwalkers for sometime before the weather got too bad to survive. The plants wouldn't grow and the water was drying up." She frowned sadly thinking about her adopted father before pondering. Maybe she could convience him to come to this place, it looked very healthy and thriving. "Are you a guard that watches your lands? We had one of those in the dawnwalkers who took strangers in to speak with the elders for acceptance or brief lodgings."

Tifara shook her front paws, they weren't as wet as they had been...thank goodness for the sun. "I'm Tifara'Divina by the way, um I have been walking for sometime now. Is it okay to rest on these lands?" She didn't want to step on another's paws by not following the rules.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm
"The dawnwalkers... ah." He repeated, and realized his tone made it sound almost as if he knew them. In fact, Kialio didn't. He'd have to brush up on his history a bit, but he didn't want to ask this lioness. She might feel embarrassed, or something. "That's sad to hear." He meant that, of course. Losing one's homelands... like Indivar had.

When she asked about him, he blinked dumbly. "A guard? Oooh, no. I'm a scout." He nodded, not quite wanting to point out that there was no official rank for a guard in these realms. "My name is Kialio, it's nice to meet you." He nodded. "And... I guess it isn't a problem. But I should probably take your back to pride rock, just to make sure." Maybe someday he'd be able to tell lions yes or no more directly, but friendly as he was, Kialio simply didn't have the authority to say who stayed or who went.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm
"Yes," She said interpreting him as knowing what the pride was before continuing. " It really was a shame but I guess desert life is sort of harsh to being with when you think about it."

"Oh," She tilted her head and assumed a guard probably had the same duties as a guard like in her previous home. " You have a lovely name and yes of course. I will follow you to this pride rock and see what your elders have to say." Carefully she stood to see if there was any damage done to her body and she let out a silent sigh of relief when nothing ached. " I will follow you then if you care to lead the way for me." She smiled a shy but friendly smile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm
He nodded. Kialio probably wouldn't enjoy living in a desert, he loved the savannah too much. And the occasional woods that dotted their lands. He might handle a jungle, though he'd probably feel cramped. But never the vast emptiness of a desert.

"Thank you." He grinned, because though he didn't find Kialio a bad name, it was funny to be complimented for it. "My mom picked it herself." He was a playful fellow, and couldn't help the lame jokes. "Certainly, I'd be happy to lead the way. The way just so happens to be... that way." He pointed with a gesture of his head, then began the walk.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:11 pm
"Oh it must have been wonderful to have a mother." She spoke in awe not getting the joke. "I was given 'Tifara' in the rogue lands and 'Divina' was a nickname my adopted father gave me in dawnwalker pride." She found herself giggling at his personally, Tifara sure was lucky that she had meet Kialio and not a nastier fellow or madam for that matter.

She hoped that she wouldn't cause to much trouble and they would allow her to wander around freely. Who knows... she probably could somehow drag Lantis here one day in the future. She kept up a light chatter about questions pertaining to the land they were currently walking around in and before she knew it they had arrived at a huge rock. This was her present and future hanging in the balance. Well, sort of I mean she had other places she could travel but here looked nice enough. Tifara thanked Kialio before walking in alone to see what would become of her.

END.  
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff