Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Strange Humanoid

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kranich

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay. The title says it all.

I usually keep an open mind with the paranormal, and such.

I was doing my usual surfing on the web, and I came across this article of a strange humanoid creature.

Apparently it was caught on a deer cam, November 30, 2010 at approx. 1:44 am. In Wister, Oklahoma.

To the surprise of who owned this deer cam, it wasn't a deer.

You can see the picture here. Also read the article, and what not.

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 pm
I can't say for certain. I have seen it around the internet and a lot of the people who commented on the article said that they get the picture, but the location keeps changing. And, I think it said in the article that it came from some ad campaign from a hunting company. Or did it say that was just speculation?

Some other commenters, though, said they had encounters with something that was either that or something similar.

I think that cable show, "Real or Faked" had an episode about it, because I saw the pic in the commercial for the show, but I never saw the episode. Actually, I've never seen the show.

I'd say, atleast, that the picture that's further away looks more real than the close up. But, who knows with all the photoshop, special effects and whatnot that we have today.

Basically, I'd beleive it if it was in front of me or during a time prior to special effects and photo manipulation, but....it's just too hard to tell anymore, so I can't say for sure one way or the other.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kranich

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl
I can't say for certain. I have seen it around the internet and a lot of the people who commented on the article said that they get the picture, but the location keeps changing. And, I think it said in the article that it came from some ad campaign from a hunting company. Or did it say that was just speculation?

Some other commenters, though, said they had encounters with something that was either that or something similar.

I think that cable show, "Real or Faked" had an episode about it, because I saw the pic in the commercial for the show, but I never saw the episode. Actually, I've never seen the show.

I'd say, atleast, that the picture that's further away looks more real than the close up. But, who knows with all the photoshop, special effects and whatnot that we have today.

Basically, I'd beleive it if it was in front of me or during a time prior to special effects and photo manipulation, but....it's just too hard to tell anymore, so I can't say for sure one way or the other.

Yeah, I agree. I kind of noticed that the locations kept changing after another read.

Fake or not, it's still a pretty creepy picture.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 am
I say fake. Looks kinda like Rubber Johnny. Still, pretty neat.  

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 pm
I'm pretty sure it's a viral marketing thing for a PS3 game. I wrote something on my blog about it about a year ago I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 pm
I heard it was fake..o.o but who knows?  

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out