Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm
User Image

Galahad was far from home and, quite frankly, didn't look to return anytime soon. This didn't bother the unicorn like it might others less comfortable away from the ties that bind, in fact, the pale coated male found it a rather refreshing change. Even as a young colt, he had dreamed of far away places, of making his parents proud by becoming a great knight. Instead of taking the path of the warrior though, like his stoic father, he had found himself in the company of an angeni. The Angeni of Redemption had taken him all across the Kawani, and he became both her protector and healer.

In fact, he was almost certain he would be with her now had she not encouraged him to seek other paths. She had promised to return to him, after she took care of some personal business, and for awhile Galahad didn't know what to do with himself. It had been strange to find himself living his life, and not happily following hers. He had wondered if he'd done something wrong, but . . . . that wasn't exactly the case either, was it? In fact, Kaiya had done him a great service by changing paths. . . .

For had he not wandered back home, had he not returned to the lands of his birth, he might have never rekindled his friendship with Nita. In turn, he might not have found her again after she had left. . . and they wouldn't be here, traveling in the evening's twilight, exploring the world side by side.

Galahad had always kept his best friends near and dear to his heart - the stoic but good-hearted Nocturne, as well as the shy but gentle flutter Nita. Even though he had left them young, they had always had a fond place in his memory. It made life without knowing his family easier to bear. . . and being reunited with them ever sweeter.

"How're you holding up?" He questioned, turning his green eyes to study the pink and violet mare beside him. Galahad was used to long journeys, and though he kept his senses sharp and alert, his focus was still on his friend. It was a learning experience, to know what pace to keep, and how long she might wish to travel. It was her journey, but they were sharing it together, as Galahad himself was unfamiliar with the hills and thick foliage of woodlands surrounding them.

"There are a few hours of sunlight left, but with how thick these trees are I . . I don't suspect we'll see much of it for long." He grinned a bit, giving a swish of his long tail as he awaited his companions reply. If she wished to keep going, they would. . . otherwise, they could attempt to find a spot of shelter before the darkness of night overwhelmed them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:04 pm
((Somehow I had it in my head I replied to this.. I'm retarded... ))

User Image

Nita hid her trepidation well. She had never been more than an easy walk away from her home and her father and with each step she felt more and more the distance she was putting between herself and her family. The world was big and strange and she wasn't sure she was ready to handle it, much as she felt she needed to. She kept telling herself that this was necessary, that she needed the experience. Someday she will look back on these days with fondness and be grateful for the opportunity to see the world. Her eyes drifted to Galahad and she felt reassured, and felt more positive she'd look back on fondness on these days.

His question caught her off guard and she looked away sheepishly. She was relieved that he kept talking. She looked back at him and smiled. "The shadows don't frighten me, in fact I have spent so much of my life in shadow I confess the cold light of day frightens me more. If you would like to keep going a bit I wouldn't complain." Her voice was gentle and quiet, but carried on the wind as if she'd spoken into his ear.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:15 pm
Fatal Irony
No worries m'dear! :3

The stallion glanced over at his petite friend as she spoke, ears swiveling to better catch her words. She had always been soft spoken, the years hadn't changed her demeanor, but that was just fine by him! Everything about her was as soft and gentle as her strange, smoke-like, wings. She herself was almost made of shadows, with her dusky purple coat, and her ebony hair. In fact, he felt he stood out in stark contrast against her purples and blacks. He was white, with only the faintest of grey and white tipping his mane and tail. Among the shadows of evening, she was practically melting in to the world, and he felt strangely exposed.

Oh well.

He had walked darker woods and more evil places than this quiet woodland. There was very little that deterred the calm Galahad, and dark shadows were not an issue with him. Giving a nod, he smiled warmly before continuing to pick his way ahead. "That's perfectly all right. Dusky and night time are one of my favored times of day . . . There's a peace that can be found in the shadows embrace, or so I discovered." Mentally, he made a note. . .

If she found comfort in shadow, perhaps they'd do more travelling in the later evening hours. It certainly didn't bother him, and if it made her more comfortable, who was he to object? Kaiya and him had often kept strange hours, especially when they were attempting to redeem or save the soul of another. Salvation didn't wait, after all . . . .

User Image

Unbeknownst to the flutter or unicorn, their path had taken them dangerously close to the path of a kalona. Keiran had left his families territory for a time, heading out in search of finding a proper mate, and getting a better idea of what territories and hers and disgraces were moving closer to his families territory. While he was grateful many stayed away, his travels had taken him much further than he had desired in hopes of finding a mate.

Hopes thta were unrealized.

Were there no blood pure kalona left in this world!? How far did he have to fly to find a proud female, strong, independent, worthy of his courtship? While he didn't desire to find love, he did wish to continue his proud lineage. His mother had found love, and he knew of its existence, but it wasn't a priority.

His irritation at the world and the seemingly extinction of proper kalona was only coupled by an unsuccessful hunt earlier that afternoon. He was growing hungry, and though not desperate yet, he needed to find something to eat soon! He had been eyeing a small herd of deer when something nearby scared them -- a voice.

It wasn't loud, but it was enough to cause the deer to flee and Keiran to lose yet another opportunity. Fangs bared, the glowing eyed kalona decided to investigate what fools had interrupted him. Flight wasn't an option in these woods, but that was just as fine for him; he was as intimidating and vicious on the ground as he could be in the air.

Quiet, stealthy, the stallion moved slowly, ever so slowly towards the source. He kept his eyes partially lidded, and stuck to the shadows. For now, he'd stalk . . . see what he might be up against, see who had incurred his wrath. He wasn't one to waste energy simply on games, but he did not want company and did not want strangers scaring off all the prey beasts with their endless chatter.

Besides, he was in a foul mood, and these strangers would make a pleasant scapegoat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 pm
Uta

The mare couldn't help a smile. She knew the value of true friendship and knew also that she had that in Galahad. She could share anything with him, could expose herself and he wouldn't bat an eyelash to help her feel comfortable. With such a dark family she has always felt closed off from others, shying away from those who couldn't understand some of her relatives- mother and father included. With Galahad she felt open and free, something she usually only felt while flying. Her wings fluttered slightly as she thought about flying. She felt a pang of guilt knowing that was the one area she could never share with her dear Galahad- the sky. Her thoughts drifted to Nocturne and how he had taught Nita to fly and how to navigate through the woods on the wing. She shook her head, not wanting to think on him.

"We can travel until we can't see anymore, then rest for the night. We wouldn't want to run into anything in utter darkness."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 pm
Fatal Irony

Keiran stared out of the shadows, moving as a predator might while he hunts his prey. While these lands were not his own, as long as his lingered, he would claim them as such. No self-respecting kalona would ever fess up to a lack of knowledge, or let known his weakness of the lay of the land or territory. While he wasn't foolish to get in to a fight with the strangers, he did want them away from his temporary hunting grounds.

It had surprised Keiran to find out that the voice he heard had been accompanied by the most peculiar of creatures. A petite and fragile looking mare, a flutter of some sort, complete with wings made of smoke walked with him. She was of no threat to the kalona, of course, but that didn't mean she wasn't liable to make things difficult. While he wouldn't write Nita off completely -- he learned long ago not to judge others by face value alone -- his immediate concern would be the stallion. Galahad was large for a unicorn, and the horn that sprouted from his head was far longer than what he'd seen many sport. This meant he'd have some range should he attempt to spear him. . . . .

Hmph.

Furthermore, scars littered his body, and he sported a touch of armor upon his legs. It was obvious that this one had seen battle before. . . . Thankfully though, there were no wings on him in which he could follow. If his attack failed, and he needed to take flight, he was most certain the flutter wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

So it was, the stallion made his move. He was not going to give away his position, was not going to threaten them with words. Oh no, he was going to make the first move, the first attack, and spring upon them in surprise. He wasn't out to kill, but he hoped his aggressive presence alone would be enough to cause them fright and a swift retreat.

((Gonna let the decide decide how this battle goes, mostly. xD Regardless who he attacks, I'll post Galahad presently in a new post. ))

1. Leap out of the woods with a wicked snarl, going for a direct attack on Nita.
2. Leap out of the woods with a wicked snarl, going for a direct attack on Galahad.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:50 pm
Galahad had been about to answer Nita when the sound of movement caught him off guard. It came from the side, closer to Nita. It was only too late the stallion realized an eerie silence had fallen across the woodlands; no birds chirped in the evening light, no creatures seemed to move, and even the crickets had gone silent. All of these were signs that something out there was moving, was disturbing nature, but he hadn't heard anything . . . .

Which meant it was likely some sort of stealthy creature; something that was moving quietly. Instinct kicked in, suddenly setting the stallion on edge. How foolish had he been! So relaxed with Nita at his side, so content in their discovery of the world, he had lost his edge. He wouldn't have been so foolish with Kaiya!

"Nita -- " Before he had a chance to relay his sudden warning for caution, it was then that the beast appeared. Like an ebony and silver flash, the creature had pounced straight for his friend!

((I'll wait to see if you want her to take a hit or have Keiran miss. xD Apologies, I . . . suck at battle sometimes. I never quite know how folks want to roll for hits/damage/etc. ))

Uta

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:11 am
((I've actually never battled with soquili and the battles I've done in the past in other places we didn't use dice, though that has become more popular. We can just wing it lol))

Uta

Nita sensed Galahad go rigid suddenly and her heart skipped a beat. She turned to him, looking to him for guidance, but as he uttered her name she saw in his eyes a flash of fear that sent her skin crawling. It was a fear for her, and she knew in that moment she was unprepared. She tried to turn in time to defend herself- she felt the presence behind her - but it had come too suddenly and she never even got a look at the creature before she was taking a hit and tumbling down. She was dizzy, disoriented and unsure what was happening. She struggled to her feet again, not wanting to leave Galahad vulnerable.

She caught a glimpse at the attacker and her breath caught in her throat. The malicious stallion reminded her of Nocturne, her old friend, and the resemblance hurt more than her bruises. Was this fate, to be attacked by one resembling Nocturne? Was this her punishment for her foolishness regarding the stallion? She tried to shake the thoughts away.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:54 am
Fatal Irony

((Winging it sounds good to me!))

Keiran was pleased that he made contact with the mare, and was even more pleased she went down easy. Some foolish kalona couldn't stop themselves from running their mouths, ruining the moment, savoring the attack too slowly. This ebony stallion needed none of it, oh no. He was too busy thinking of his next plan, of his next move, to goad at his successful take down of the mare.

The stallion moved fluidly, a skilled fighter and hunter. He leaned down to snap at Nita, showing no remorse in how deep he bit and wounded. He did make sure he left her neck well alone -- there was no need to kill, of course, this was merely show to threaten -- though the taste of her blood would be sweet.

He was no cannibal, but blood was blood, and he was rather hungry.

Simultaneously, Galahad reared back. As soon as he saw Nita go down, the white stallion felt anger and fear bubble within. Some knight he had been, needing to protect her, and finding himself walking right in to some sort of trap! While Kaiya might have promoted peace and talking others down from violence, this was not one of those moments; the kalona had instigated the attack and left no room for diplomacy.

"Get away from her!" Galahad all but roared, taking no time. In a fury that surprised even him, the pale stallion knew the first thing he needed was to break up the close proximity of the stallion and Nita. Even if his bites missed their marks, the kalona's sharp hooves might not! And with Nita tumbled on the ground, she needed time to get up and get away.

Like a battling ram, the white stallion used his size and training to his advantage. He feared not the repercussions of his actions, charging the kalona stallion, attempting to ram him off of her.

Thankfully for Nita, Keiran had been aware of Galahad. What had surprised him though was how swiftly the stallion had responded to help his mate. (Or so Keiran assumed.) Attempting to throw himself away from the stallions charge, he didn't quite move fast enough, and though the horn missed its mark, the rest of Galahad did not.

Snarling in rage, the kalona was pushed to the side, though with how muscular and strong he was, he wasn't thrown to the ground. He caught his balance, and was quick to turn round to face the pair, fangs bared, red eyes glowing in the evening light, and tail thrashing with irritation.

This wasn't over. Far from it.

((Sorry for the slight double-post with Keiran. I figured I should at least make a note of what happened with Galahad's attack, so you had more options on what Nita could do in her next post. ))  

Uta

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:39 pm
Nita was lost in confusion. She scrambled to her feet, moving back away from the threat and allowing Galahad, an experienced fighter, to take the lead. She got to her feet and immediately shrank down and took to the air. She'd never felt such fear in her life. Sure she had trained as a foal with Nocturne and Galahad, but she'd never needed to use her skills. Still, this was a very real threat and she was already hurting. She couldn't allow the beast to touch Galahad. She flew in hard and fast, a small target to hit and hopefully one hard to spot. She aimed all four of her hooves during each pass, trying to strike the same spot with all four to exact the most damage.

uta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Fatal Irony
Boy, I suck at fight scenes. xD Sorry for the super delay! I figure if I let you get one more tag in, I can wrap the fight in my next post.

The kalona snapped at Nita whenever he had an opportunity, but alas, he could not focus much on the tiny, obnoxious flutter mare -- his biggest threat was the unicorn and his surprisingly long, spiraled horn. He did not need to be stabbed by such a weapon, and averting his gaze from Galahad might mean he'd be driven off completely.

Not that Keiran had any intention of staying long. He was already at a disadvantage in a two-to-one battle, though he hardly thought the flutter to be much of a threat. Still, he did not wish to spill blood uselessly, or waste his energy when he needed to truly focus on the hunt.

But they didn't need to know that.

Unfortunately for Keiran, Galahad was not going to give the snarling, fanged beast time to speak. "Leave us be!" He commanded, nostrils flaring as he dug his cloven hoof in the ground. "This is not a fight you wish to battle. Test me, and you will fail." It was a threat that the stallion was ready to make good on, and while he did not wish to insult or instigate the stallion in to further battle. . . . He could not look weak. Would not look frail.

And with that, the stallion once more lowered his head and lunged at the winged beast. He was prepared to jerk to the side in case of an imminent pounce, but his horn . . . it was his advantage. One stab was all he needed.

Keiran did his best not to laugh, so instead he could only bare his fangs and sneer. He was not intimidated by the two, and did not fear for his chances of success. He had every advantage over them, outside of numbers, and even while not in air (curse the foliage for making an air battle useless) he was prepared to destroy them.

If push came to shove, at any rate. Honestly, there was truth in some of the stallions words -- this was NOT a battle he wanted. But pride demanded he keep up the show. "You're both weak, both pathetic." The stallion charged again, and this time Keiran jerked to the side, half-rearing to kick out at the staillion. His cloven hooves met their mark, staining white fur red.

Unfortunately, though the blow caught Galahad off guard, the stallion was quick to whirl, once again driving his horn straight at the beast.

Keiran wasted no time, pushing aside even as the horn grazed his side, deeper than he would have liked, and left it open. Teeth bared, he bit down hard on the passing Galahad, ripping a chunk out of his neck and shoulder.

It was not an epic battle, but Galahad battled on. His side hurt where he'd been kicked, and blood dripped freely from his neck and shoulder. But his own horn was stained red with blood, and with Nita still in the vicinity, the unicorn was not going to quit or retreat. "None of us want this battle. You fight half-heartedly, and we do not wish to die. Leave us, and we shall leave you." He finally declared, knowing full well that the monster could, if he so chose, do much more than he'd done.

They were being played with, toyed with. . .. This wasn't a real fight. Galahad had fought too many kalona in his past to know better.

Uta

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 am
Nita was shocked momentarily by the site of bright red across the pure white body of Galahad. Not only just at the sight of blood, but by her feelings about seeing Galahad wounded. She was at once furious and afraid for him and she could NOT allow this to pass! It was clear the kalona didn't see her as much of a threat and she smiled at his mistake. While he was busy focusing on Galahad and his horn she manuevered around behind the kalona, resuming her full soquili size. She was a petite mare by most standards, but she figured she was still plenty strong in her own right. She positioned herself and waited for the right moment, then kicked out with all her might at the kalona's flank, hoping to convince him she and Galahad weren't worth the trouble.

uta
no worries on the late reply. I always trust you'll post eventually smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 pm
Fatal Irony
Haha. Oh I will! It just sometimes takes long stretches between tags, I'm afriad. I hope you've been well, all the same. <3

The young Keiran had not entirely forgotten of the mare, but it was true that his main focus was avoiding Kieran's horn. So it was, he only caught sight of the now full grown Nita when it was far too late. Her kick struck true, causing the young male to stumble forward, hissing in pain.

No, he did not need to fight this battle for pride's sake. He needed to hunt, and battling such lessers was foolish. He should have simply carried on hunting elsewhere, and instead, he was wasting time and energy simply to soothe his frustration.

While his intention had never been to kill, the stallion made a decision to retreat. It would be better to leave the two in peace, lick his wounds, and go back to finding more suitable prey. Leaping to the air, he gave Nita one good smack with his whip like tail, hoping to leave one last wound, before scrambling through the tree line, and removing himself from the scene.

Galahad was relieved when the leather winged beast finally took his leave. No words had been spoken, but he knew a retreat when he saw one. And good riddance, too! Unfortunately, now was not a time for celebration -- any battle was unfortunate, and the typically peaceful stallion truly did hate to spill blood.

On the one hoof, the tussle had ended as swiftly as it had begun, and nobody seemed to have suffered any fatal damage. That being said, Galahad did not risk the beast returning with others, or surprising them once their guards were down. It would be best to carry on out of the area as soon as possible. "Nita!" He called out, green eyes going wide as he quickly bridged the distance between the two of them. "Tell me, are you quite all right?" His own wounds were completely disregarded, even as he looked over the much smaller mare.

One kick of the hoof from that beast might very well have done her in. And to think, he was supposed to be here to care for her, to keep her from danger. He should have seen the signs, should have known that an attack was imminent; he had never expected to cross a kalona, though the spirits had granted them a boon.

The black beast had not been looking to kill, nor had he been truly focusing on offense. If he had, the battle may very well have ended up differently.

Uta

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 pm

The mare was pleased with herself for scoring a hit and felt a swell of pride well within her. It cost her, though, as the tail came in like a whip, catching her unaware. She managed to dodge aside at the last moment, but it scored a glancing blow across her shoulder, causing her to bleed from a vicious cut. She limped aside, frowning at her own ignorance and inexperience in battle. She was more than relieved to see the kalona take flight, clearly exiting the scene. She was sure the stallion found some satisfaction in causing her and Galahad pain and it made her feel sick to think about. Or maybe it was just an after-effect of battle- a receding of adrenaline mixed with being knocked around. She was bruised and bleeding and feeling just miserable. "Galahad," she called softly, limping over to him as he approached her. She felt tears running down her cheek and didn't care. She was shaking, she realized and nuzzled into Galahad, wanting to feel his warmth and support. This was her first battle and she did not find it to her taste at all. "Galahad, can we leave here?" She pleaded with her eyes as she looked up at him. She wanted to pretend the fight hadn't happened. She knew somewhere within her that the road was going to be fraught with such danger and she knew also that she needed to become stronger to deal with such problems. But strength is built over time. She resolved to just keep working on it. In the meantime, she wanted to be close to Galahad and far away from the scene.

Uta
Oh I'm doing fine my dear! Was sick for a while there with Strep but I didn't let it stop me from visiting my family in Michigan all last week. My niece is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:41 am
Fatal Irony

The stallion saw her tears, could smell her blood, could see the way she trembled as she approached. Though the kalona was gone, there was no guaranteeing that the beast would legitimately stay away. The monster had not meant to kill, had not tried to do such a thing, but his ire was enough to wound and hurt. Worse, his ire had been enough to draw out fear.

"He's gone." He assured, even as the mare came up to nuzzle him. Oh, if only he had but a wing to drape over her, some better way to shield her, some better way to comfort. As it was, all he could do was drape his neck around her own, giving her a nuzzle now and then, and murmur reassurances. The battle had been surprisingly swift -- unfortunately, all three had walked away with some form of bruise and battered bodies. "Let us away from here. We can return to that brook we passed on our way here, so I might better tend to our wounds. It will be open enough that we'll see any danger long before it appears." He was trying to stay calm and composed, trying to offer her strength and support, but oh, how Galahad was angry and distraught. That battle could have been so much worse. "Lean on me, if you need to." He encouraged gently. She had a vicious gash, and he wasn't entirely clear how many hits she had taken. Though it hurt to walk, he was strong, and he wasn't about to let the mare stumble.

Uta

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:24 am
Uta
Man I need to quit forgetting she's colorblind. Why is that so hard for me? lol. Probably because I'm such a visual person myself.

She nodded softly at his suggestion to return to the brook, taking deep breaths and trying to pull herself together. She leaned heavily into him and let him guide her, giving herself to her trust in him as she let her mind wheel in her head. She felt a fool, sheltered her whole life and surprised by one encounter. Or was it surprise at the fact it was a kalona? Nocturne was kalona. She had met one other as well and other than being dark and somewhat morose he was not so bad either. She could hazard to call them both friends. And yet this was so... different. Just a mindless and pointless attack. For fun, perhaps? Just wanton evil? She couldn't get her head around such senselessness. "I knew there would be dangers," she said softly, her eyes cast downward, "But I am still caught off guard by this. Is it often like this? A sudden attack with no reason?" She looked up into Galahad's eyes, seeking answers.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff