Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm
User Image

Idonea had needed this time to return to get father. It'd been a welcomed moment to just lay in the thicket and have the members of the herd she'd grown up in all around to try to cheer her up. Now as she did then, she needed to do something else. Nodding to Binky, she headed back into the commons ground between the herd lands that neighbored the Primrose herd. She'd left word with Magic, the herd leader's familiar to let her father know that she'd gone out for a walk to clear her head. Glancing around, she made sure she wasn't being followed before starting off towards the mountain ranges. Sure she figured she'd be cutting across one of the neighboring territories.. but she didn't think they'd mind terribly much if she just passed through without disturbing things.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm
It had been awhile.

The question that still burned in the young stallion's mind, even after months of passing, was this: why? Why had he run? The decision was made the night before he was scheduled to meet his beloved friend - the decision was completely last minute. Something inside him burst and he wasn't sure he wanted to stay anymore. So he took off without a word.

Why? Simply because he was well, nervous. Why was he nervous? Oh, he'd go to his grave trying to convince himself he didn't know why. But Cedric knew, deep down. He was nervous of disappointing his dear friend; of not being good enough.

The young stallion had planned to be gone for only a few days, maybe a few weeks tops. Just a trip to the mountains, that was all. Of course that didn't go as planned, because of her. She needed his help, and he offered it to her because frankly, family was family and if there was one thing Cedric had, it was family values. You see, Blessita, his father's half-sister, was trotting through the mountains a few days after Cedric began his expedition, and she twisted her ankle. Cedric had found her lying near a tree, in complete panic. "I've lost my child. I've lost my child and my mate. Oooooh I'm turning into Bliss, I am, I am, I am." She mumbled to herself, shaking. "I'm turning into my father because I've lost my mate. I've lost my mate and my child. Ooooh I'm turning into my father."

Bliss.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Cedric had spoken to her, softly, as if not to frighten her more, "Bliss? Your father is Bliss? Do you know my father, Connor? My grandfather's name is Bliss." He was, of course, the same stallion. Cedric had stumbled upon his first family member outside his parents! This was rather a pleasant moment, if only for a second. Blessita was utterly distressed over losing her mate and her child in the mountains.

So Cedric decided to help her.

And together they found Umo, her mate. Their child, on the other hand, remained yet to be discovered. He stayed with his aunt and her mate for a few months in hopes of helping them find their daughter, but no such luck. It was one night, a few weeks ago, that Umo told Cedric that enough was enough, and Cedric was too young to be worrying about something that wasn't his concern. They'd take it from here. Cedric was supposed to live his life again, outside the mountains, where it was safe.

So now, he traveled downward. In search of her.

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:00 pm
Binky on the other hand was bent upon making it known they'd passed by. The little impish raccoon was busily and happily shaking things up, peering into bushed and otherwise leaving her scent all over the place as they passed so that others knew a raccoon had boldly passed by. Shaking her head at her friend, she continued on, heavy hoof falls thudding dully in the dirt as she walked accompanied by the soft dainty jingle of the bell attached to her collar.

She was looking ahead of her as she passed through the trees, looking for any break in them so that she could stop to get her bearings some. After all, it wasn't often that she wandered out into other herd's lands like this. Picking up pace, her bell gave an almost frantic sort of jingle, the kind that clearly let all in ear shot know she was running. Binky was having issues keeping up and though the mare couldn't hear her, she lectured her before finally catching enough of a break at a small mound and leaping onto her back after running over it rather than around like Idonea had.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:58 pm
Jingle, jingle. A bell. Could it be...?

No it couldn't, he wouldn't allow himself that kind of excitement - not yet, at least. Plenty of creatures living on these lands had bells somewhere on them! She couldn't possibly be the only one.

Whomever the bell belonged too was obviously running. In what direction, Cedric could not tell. He stopped his tracks for a moment or two and just listened as he herd hoofsteps nearing him, closer and closer the bell's jingle grew louder and louder. He smiled, if only just for a moment. If this was her, then Fate had a funny way of working herself out, didn't she?

The young stallion moved to a larger clearing in between the trees and stood there, staring off into the space he thought the owner of the bells was coming from. If this was her, if this was truly, honestly her, he'd be her for her, waiting....

Waiting and smiling. Hoping that she'd...still be there for him.

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 am
Binky gave a light tug on Idonea's mane and she followed into the direction the Raccoon had tugged bringing her to what appeared to be a small break showing. She slowed lightly from a run to a, trot to a walk, gradually so as not to send Binky over her head from the stopping force. As she entered the clearing she gazed about. A figure seemed like it was standing, waiting on the opposite side and as she drew near it took shape to a more familiar look.

I couldn't have been.... couldn't it? Her ears flattened out. It was too late for her to simply dart into the treeline once again. Binky clung to her neck and patted it gently trying to comfort the nervous air that had washed over the mare. She'd just spent all that time mopping around the primrose herd, trying to nurse the hurt feelings she had had over the last time they'd been suppose to meet up.

Her jaw set into a stubborn line and she held her head strong, her ears fulling forward. She'd just have to pass him by, walk by him and try to hold herself together from the wound in her heart. Drawing nearer, she kept her eyes on the treeline as best as she could. Maybe.. maybe I should run for it after all. She thought as she stopped mid way. She'd frozen and couldn't get herself to move an inch as her mind fought bother the idea to run away and to stay and just walk by him.

((#A60243 for my sanity))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:24 pm
It was her.

He could tell it was her the moment she stopped near the clearing. No other Soquili in the entire lands had a little raccoon buddy that traveled with them everywhere. Cedric could tell even before he glanced in their direction that it was them. There were two of them, of course, by the smell they gave off, and they were both familiar. Yes. It was definitely her.

He didn't want to scare her from running from him, but there wasn't much else he could do besides rushing over to see her. If he called for her, she wouldn't hear him, only Binky would hear him, and surely that silly little raccoon wouldn't do anything to help him out. No. If anything, Binky would bash him over the head with whatever it was she happened to be carrying. So Cedric just stood there, unable to do anything but stare in their direction.

Part of her was hidden from full view, but he could tell she was seriously stand-offish toward the very presence of seeing him there. But really, could he blame her? He had, after all, quite literally disappeared without a single word. Would she ever forgive him? Perhaps if he told her why; perhaps if he explained what had happened. Idonea was always so kind to him....

"Binky, please," he began, still unable to move a muscle, "bring her here, I want to explain..."

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 pm
Summer Raven

Her shoulders shuddered, shaking her withers about. Giving a snort she continued on her way. Her path was leading her right for him though her intention was still to push past him. Binky scrambled to sit atop her head, peering from Cedric to down at Idonea. She knew how much it had hurt her fluffy pet to feel forgotten.to have the bite of rejection. But, she also knew that the best way to get both sides of a story was to confront your fears head on. Tugging on Idonea's ear, she lead the big mare a bit closer towards Cedric's path. It could go one of two ways but either way it went... something had to happen to give the big mare closure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm
So Binky was willing to help him after all!! Or at least, she understood that it was necessary for Cedric to try and explain what had happened. As the mare and her pet raccoon neared him, the stallion managed the best apologetic smile that he could muster up. His excitement upon seeing Idonea was too strong and he wanted to leap and yell for joy, but he knew that it was inappropriate, at least, right now it was.

"Thank you Binky," he mumbled softly, before finally getting the nerves up to move his muscles and take steps closer to his beloved friend. She wasn't going to run, no, he could feel it. She'd stay and hear him out for a minute or two, then leave if his reasoning was good enough. And by golly, he'd probably let her leave - he deserved it, after all...

"Idonea," he smiled again, this time close enough to her so that he could stop in his tracks but still be understood. He dared not venture closer. "I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say right now except I'm sorry. I got scared. I took off. I did a really, really bad thing. But I'm back now...."

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 pm
Summer Raven

She stopped, read his face and even snorted, looking away after he'd said his peace. She wanted to yell.. scream at the top of her lungs, no she wanted to hit him but she couldn't bring herself to it. "It was my fault anyhow.. I was foolish to believe.. to get my hopes up that I had a little meaning in your life." Her voice was hallow, cold and bitter as she spoke. She felt the first sting of tears and the lump form in her throat as she bit back her tears. She'd spent the better half of the last two months crying and sulking because of him. She'd be damned if she gave him the satisfaction of seeing her break and cry now. Her short tail bobbed and flicked about to draw attention from her face. she wasn't ready to let this mask slip.. not yet. Binky frowned sorrowfully and looked at Cedric, knowing Idonea couldn't hear her. she glared at first but her face softened. "You really hurt her... At first she looked for you, hopeful to see you.. but when she finally realized she wouldn't.....she cried, you know..." The small raccoon squeaked out patting Nea on the head and skittering down to rest on the mare's back.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 pm
What did she just say?!?

Cedric blinked a few times, and just stared at his former-friend (apparently) as she spoke. She was hurt and way worse off than he had ever imagined she'd be. And whether or not it was justified, the stallion hadn't quite figured out. It wasn't as if he had deliberately left her all those months because he wanted to or had forgotten about her, he just had things he needed to do. Family matters. Things came up and things happened, and sometimes they couldn't be avoided. He hadn't expected her to react the way she had and it threw him off guard - way off guard. All he could do was stare.

And the shallow, bitterness in her voice spoke volumes. Not only was she hurt, but angry with him and if there was one thing Cedric thought Idonea wasn't, it was angry. She always seemed rather pleasant, but certainly not today. "Idonea I'm...." His voice trailed off, completely at a loss for what to say to her. Then Binky spoke and that was when his world tipped upside down. She cried? How long did she look for him? Where did she look for him? Had the thought of him leaving, even for a second, ever cross her mind? Now the stallion felt bad about what he did, he should have at least told her what was going on, or look for her in the process of helping Blessita. Maybe it would have worked itself out if he had done that. But no...he made his best friend cry.

"Oh Idonea..." He spoke softly, approaching her every so carefully, each step dragged out longer than the last. "You mean the world to me, Idonea. You really do. You're my best friend and I wouldn't change that for anything. I just...needed to take care of a few things. Idonea, please..."

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:54 am
Summer Raven

Idonea stared at him flatly. She was still scorned, hurt and that's when the first tear rolled down her cheek. As she read his words she fought the inevitable. she wanted to forgive him.. wanted to say it was all ok.. but.. how could she? her stubborn pride in her own strength had her standing there, tears rolling silently down her face. "Why? Why didn't you look for me? Send word?" She stomped a massive hoof. "You are my friend.. I thought maybe something had happened.. I didn't know if a skinwalker had gotten you or anything..." Her forelock fell into her face much like her fathers often fell into his, shielding her eyes from sight. She wanted to know but at the same time feared what he had to say. During his absence she'd realized she'd had a crush on him.. liked him a bit more than a friend.. and as much as the thought had startled her.. she realized now that her bitterness of the possibility of him having found another mare would continue to eat at her if she didn't ask. "Did..you found some one.. didn't you?"

Binky blinked as she heard the blunt question stated. "You really don't have to answer that question.." She eyed Idonea closely and gave the mare a tap on the shoulder with the sippy straw she kept.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:12 pm
lysia_nyteblade

A single tear. That was all it took for the stallion's heart to break into a million pieces. He had caused that pain; it had been his leaving that broke the poor mare up and now he had driven her to tears. If he could give her the world, he would....just to show her how much she meant to him. But how?

"I got caught up in some business." He said flatly, his voice slow and quiet in fear of upsetting her further. Cedric knew he had a valid reason for disappearing for so long, and he wanted nothing more than for her to understand. But would she? Doubtful. He had been stupid; he hadn't thought about how she would feel. He should have sent for her - he should have gotten Blessita's buffalo to go searching for her or Binky. Yeah, something should have been done, then Idonea would have never gotten hurt.

Then the question came. Binky's response told the young stallion that no matter how Cedric answered it, his best friend would get hurt. No matter what he does or says from now on, Idonea's pain would only worsen. But they didn't know what really happened. They didn't know the bond he had made and the promise he intended to keep, and it was time to tell them.

"Yes, actually I did. Oh, Idonea, she's beautiful," Cedric paused, and smiled fondly at the memory of his aunt, not that much older than he. "Her name is Blessita and I found her on one of the first days that I left. She's why I've been gone so long, you see?! Her father is my grandfather, so we're family and I couldn't leave family - at least not without getting to know them first. Oh, but Idonea her mate and her child were both missing high up in the mountains and I couldn't just leave her to defend for herself. She needed my help. That's what family does, right? We help each other. I know I should have sent for you, but I was so preoccupied in helping my aunt..."

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Summer Raven

She looked like the air had been stolen from her, knocked out like that time when she'd been younger and the bank gave way under her and she's fallen into the stream bed. She found herself trying to get back the air she'd lost. He had.. oh gods she just knew something had..... wait... had he said his aunt?

She blinked and stared at him flatly, allowing this all to ink in. As she finally took hold on his words she couldn't help the laugh that blurted out. a sense of relief washed over her at the moment. "Your... aunt?" She asked her ears pulling forward. Family she understood the presedence of family and simply nodded. it was enough to take a bit of edge off the situation and even made her feel a bit stupid.

Binky had slapped her tiny paw to her face when he said he had, feigning a fall backwards with a look that clearly stated 'ouch'. She hadn't expected Idonea to find humor in this though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:53 pm
lysia_nyteblade

"Yes, my aunt," the stallion had said flatly, looking at his friend with mild confusion. Was she....laughing? But...wasn't she just mad at him not even three seconds ago? Oh, girls were mighty confusing, that's for sure. Cedric stood there for a moment or two watching her as she laughed, and although it was difficult to understand, he was glad it seemed to take the tension away from the situation they were in. Cedric had apparently said the right thing and he was happy that it had happened.

"She's much, much younger than my father so I think that's why they never met, but they're not blood-related all the way - different mothers. I was never really aware of her existence until she mentioned my grandfather's name. It was a really fantastic experience. But I'm sorry, Idonea. I really am. I should have told you sooner."

And then a thought crossed his mind; just a simple one. Had Idonea thought that Cedric had gone off and found a mare, mare? Like a mate? Oh!! He would never!! That was...unless Idonea wanted nothing to do with him and he couldn't convince her - then perhaps the idea of finding a different mate would apply. But oh, no...not when she was still an option....

"I would never mate with anyone unless talking to you about it first, silly. I'd need your opinion on the matter."

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:52 pm
Summer Raven

Idonea chuckled lightly. So she was his father's half sister then... "Family's family." She said with a small smile. She felt he body relaxing, like she already felt forgiveness for him. "I understand the wish to know one's family better... I have some cousins now.. So I understand wanting to know them. My father's half brother had some kids." She did, she really truly understood the wish to know one's family better.

It was his last remark that floored her fully. Unless he spoke to her first about it? Like she needed to give him permission or something? Her insight on it... she could have snorted at the thought. He was a grown stallion and not a bad looking one at that. His play boy ways when they first met would have been enough to tip her off that he never could settle with just one but now this? Like a slap to her maw his words were. That she was and always would be just his friend. Her body stiffened slightly under binky's form and she forced a small smile. "I wouldn't think you'd need me to choose a mare.. After all.. you're such a smooth talker I'm sure the mares swoon right?" She joked a bit awkwardly. If he just saw her as a friend she'd have to accept it.. After all, it was better having him as a friend than nothing at all right?

Binky looked from one then the other, scrambling off the mare's back as she felt her stiffen. One step forward for these two and two steps back. Sighing she shook her head. Why the word games? Why couldn't these two block heads be more like she and Sippy?  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff