Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:27 pm
Dunca's father had told her to stay here. So she did. Expecting her father to return, the young cub curled up in the tall grasses and took a nap as she waited for his return. But as the sun set and the little cheetah awoke to the fall of night, doubt and worry began to fill her mind. As young as she was, she couldn't understand, no, she couldn't even come close to understanding.

Standing up and trying to peer over grasses taller than she was, little Dunca mewed. Loud, then louder still. Mew, mew, mew! Meeew!

She sat quite for a few minutes, hoping for a reply, but not even the rustling of grass from a breeze returned her call.

Little ears flattened against her head and she hunkered down. She mewed, softer this time. It was dark, and she was all alone. Scared didn't even begin to cover it...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:17 am
A'lan was returning home after a long treaty signing. Everything had gone well and his presence had been more of a formality then anything. But both parties had thanked the Jedi for coming. He was just glad that a peaceful agreement had been made. A'lan wished that all of his negotiations went this smoothly.

It was getting late but he did not mind, he was just happy to be so close to home. But then a sudden sound caught his attention.

A'lan froze. Was that mewling? Quickly looking around to try and find the source of the sound, he found it to be coming from the tall grass nearby. He advanced carefully, not wanting to scare the youngling.

"Hello young one? Are you alright?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm
Dunca's ears perked and she froze in place where she was hidden by the tall grass. That voice wasn't her father's. It didn't sound mean, however....and she was so hungry and depressed by now that she had given up all thought that he'd be returning.

A harsh reality was before the very young cub's eyes - hide and die a slow death because she had no way to fend for herself, or offer her self to the potential jaws of death to make her fate a quick one. And hope that she was lucky, and wouldn't be meeting death so soon.

Of course, young as she was, Dunca didn't realize exactly those thoughts, not in that morbid way, but the feeling was there all the same. Just as she both knew, and didn't really know that she'd been abandoned. The curse and beauty of youth and naivete.

The grasses where she was crouched rustled as she shook.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 pm
This made little sense. Who would leave a youngling alone at dark, especially when the days were turning colder? Pushing the questions out of his head, he knelt down to be at the cub's level before pushing the grass back with a paw a small smile on his face.

A cheetah cub crouched before him, though it was a hard guess, he believed the little one was a female. Though something cold settled in his heart as he saw her shiver.

"Hello there. Whats your name?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm
Two little paws covered her face as the grasses were pulled away. One eye peeked out between them then was quickly covered again.

"D-Dunca," Came a stuttered reply, and paws finally slipped off her face, and she looked up at the lion. She was still unsure...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 am
"Well its very nice to meet you Dunca, my name is A'lan."

He took a quick glance around. Except for the grass that he and Dunca had touched, it seemed like the surrounding area hadn't been disturbed in a while.

"Where is your family honey?"

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:30 pm
"We had to run. Scary things. Daddy ran off with me, then we adventured but now he had adventured without me and told me to stay here."

Clearly the young child didn't know exactly what was going on. She was too young to fully grasp the situation.

"Every time he looked at me he was sad face. I think he misses mommy and brother, but if he misses them then why not adventure back? But he told me to stay here."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:46 am
A'lan's heart sunk when Dunca explained about her family. She was so young -too young- to have this happen to her, let alone understand it. Her father had either abandoned her or something had stopped him from returning. Either way, he was not coming back.

He kept a smile on his face, not wanting to upset the young cheetah.

"Dunca honey, I live not to far from here, would you like to wait for your Daddy there? I'll make sure the Guardians watch for him and we can get you something to eat and drink."

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces