Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]
I Don't Think that College Experience is Gonna Work For Me..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm
But I don't know what to do with my life. I grew up in a rural town and a career was always the way out. I go to the community college because it's cheap. I'm fairly intelligent, but I keep sabotaging my education with my unmotivated personality that just says "screw all this". In the end, I always end up doing sub par or downright failing. I don't want to pay for something that I'm just going to ruin. But I don't know what I would do if I DID leave college. My current job is a minimum wage one with no possible advancement, and it wont have me leave my hometown, which is a secluded area of homophobes and rednecks. I have no idea what to do, I just know that what's happening now isn't working.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm
I know how you feel. I had the same issue for a long time. Right now I'm almost finished with my culinary arts degree. Is there something you enjoy in particular? Like any hobbies or interests?

Although unfortunately sometimes it seems like when you mix hobbies and jobs, sometimes it can take away your interest big time. It's starting to get to me in my job. I hate cooking there because people are picky.  

Celtic Enya

Friendly Friend

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 am
Celtic Enya
I know how you feel. I had the same issue for a long time. Right now I'm almost finished with my culinary arts degree. Is there something you enjoy in particular? Like any hobbies or interests?

Although unfortunately sometimes it seems like when you mix hobbies and jobs, sometimes it can take away your interest big time. It's starting to get to me in my job. I hate cooking there because people are picky.

I enjoy art type stuff, like acting and drawing and writing and such, but like you, the work makes me lose interest. I was miserable in my drawing class, my writing class was sub par, and while the acting class was fun, I still fell into my rut of doing nothing.  
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games