Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary of Dreams

Back to Guilds

Guild for the SoD shop 

Reply {Journals} Where your journey unfolds!
Et tu, Brute!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm
This is the Journal of Brutus.
He is under the guidance of Reziim. Grand Guardian save us all.

User Image

Entries: 6  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm
~Stats~

~Dream~
Name: Brutus
Personality: ???

~Guardian~
Name: Reziim
Personality: Quirky and confident. She is very flirtatious and likes to dress to kill. A bit of a ditz but she means well.
Likes: Shoes, Dancing, Spending time with friends, Sweets, Video Games
Dislikes: People who are downers
Pics: None

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 pm
Entry 1

So, it's kinda funny how it all started. I was minding my own business. Getting ready for a night on the town. I had gotten my make-up applied perfectly. donned an outfit that perfectly accentuated my curvy body and small waist. then there was a knock on the door. I opened it to face none other than my old friend Berry. I invited her in and after a bit of friendly banter she settled down to the real reason she had come to call. Apparently there was something she though required my attention. She all but begged me to come with her to some Garden place. I shrugged and figuring it was a new club or something, pulled on my strappy heels and grabbed a shimmery jacket. She eyed my outfit and shoes with confusion but I shooed her out the door.

So, thinking we were heading to some club it was with some confusion that I found myself traipsing through the woods at an ungodly hour. Upon questioning her she just answered pertly that she had told me we were going to a the Garden. she said it with a capital G that time that I had missed the first time. I shook my head and pulled off my shoes to make the walking easier. A little outdoor barefooting never hurt anyone. It didn't surprise me a bit when the stone archway loomed out of the darkness. Standard MO for anything Berry was involved in. I mean, I had seen the animal children that her and d**k had been dragging around the club. What could get weirder. Besides. Not like I came from a less than odd background myself. Daughter of a blind sage. Sigh.

Anyhoo. Stone archway. Middle of the woods in the dark. Berry leaned against it and gestured me through. I wrinkled my nose and stepped under it, running my hand along the stone as I passed through. The other side was a completely different world. It was almost like breathing was easier. I felt the mask I wore for the world slowly melt away. Before me unfurled a spiraling pathway lit along the edges by faintly glowing flowers. Yep. Glowing Flowers. Natural ones. I dropped my shoes and slowly started walking down the path. It was odd how i suddenly felt laughter bubble up in my chest. I didn't bother to hold it in. With a giggle I spun and began to frolic down the pathway.

I played the entire journey, for that's what it felt like. A journey back to a more innocent me. Weird. Anyway, the path ended at this huge tree. It had been years since I had seem a tree so large. As I looked up into the branches I thought I could here singing. Very light and on the wind. Amongst the leaves little lights, very similar to the flowers, flickered in and out existence. I felt like I was watching the dance of a galaxy. It was humbling. the sound of a loud plop interrupted my train of thought. Curious I moved around the base of the tree to peek at the other side.

There. That must have been the source of the sound. By the glow of the tree lights I could just make out a small pond. And floating on the surface of the pond was a little ball. Glowing brighter than the rest. I perched on a rock outcropping that bordered the pool and reached for the little light. It was just out of my reach. So I stretched farther. Almost there. Then my foot slipped and I lost my balance. I fell into the water with a splash. Sputtering I got my head back above water and when I got the water wiped from my eyes the little thing was floating right in front of me. I cupped my hands around it and lifted it from the water.

Carefully cradling the thing I awkwardly crawled out of the water a soppy dripping mess. "You little Brute," I whispered to the thing. "You did that on purpose." I jumped when I felt the hand on my shoulder. I turned to find myself face to face with a glowing angel with silver hair.
"Quickly. To the bottles before it fades!" she urged. It was then I noticed That all around were oddly placed little bottles. There was even one sitting on the rock where I had fallen. That must have been what my foot slipped on.
"What do I do? I don't understand-" I began but she cut me off with another urgent plea. So I scooted quickly over to the bright pink thing that had been the cause of my dunking. Pink is good.

With on hand I held the little round thing and with the other I awkwardly maneuvered the top out of the bottle. I glanced at the girl one more time before upending the bottle over the drop thing. I watched as a single drop fell from the bottle and was absorbed. then the entire surface of the thing turned the same bright pink as the bottle. I re-stopped the bottle and set it back on its rock. When I turned to see if I had done it right, the girl was gone.

Thoroughly confused and dripping wet I began to try to make my way out of the Garden. I don't know where I went wrong but I didn't find the stone gate but rather instead went around a bush and found myself standing at a corner just down the street from my house. The little thing still in my hand. I gave it a funny look before I squished down the street to my door. Berry has some explaining to do. I've got the pink drop thing nestled into one of my little throw pillows for now. I'll have to find out exactly what it is and what to do with it tomorrow. For now, I'm tired. And I want my shoes back . . .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm
Entry 2

So after tracking Berry down and pumping her for information on what exactly she got me into I found myself sprawled across my bed on my stomach with the little 'Dew' sitting on a pillow in front of my face. "So you're a dew, huh? That will turn into a child." The thing just sat there. "How un-entertaining." I reached over and poked the thing. to my surprise I was rewarded with an indignant sounding jingle. How a jingle sounds indignant I'm not sure. But it did. Curiosity piqued I poked the thing again. Again the irritated jingle. "So you were just ignoring my talking to you you little brute." I sniffed. "Brute." I mused. "Since apparently you turn into a child i suppose I should name you. Since I've already been calling you Brute I may as well stick to the theme. So Brutus it is." I giggled at my own little joke."I found you on the ides of March too." I giggled again. The thing, no, Brutus gave a despairing jingle. "What's that suppose to mean?" I demanded.

I rolled off the bed and sat kneeling on the floor staring at him. I reached out and snatched the pillow, pulling it toward me. "You are going to have to learn to be more polite if you want to live with me. I pulled it close enough to plant a kiss on the pink sphere. "I wonder what you would taste like. The way you look reminds me of bubblegum." He gave a frightened ring. "I was just kidding sheesh. At least I have your attention now." I stood, picking up the pillow and walked out of the bedroom, through the living room and into the kitchen. I set it on the counter and opened the fridge to stare at the contents. The thing was pretty much empty. "Wrinkling my nose I turned to look at the thing on the counter. "Guess we should go get something. I can't be carrying a pillow around. Don't move."

I dashed off to go digging in a closet and eventually reappeared with a small clutch purse. "This will have to do for now." I padded it with a soft towel before slipping him into it. I heard a grumbling jingle but I ignored it. carried him over to the door with me and balanced him on my lap while I pulled my shoes on. Cradling him in one hand I opened the door and struck out into the world looking for something to eat. I struck off down the street to my favorite little cafe down the street. The one I normally went to when I ran out of food.

I was seated promptly and made my quick order. They brought me a large glass of water and set it on the table. I stared at it while waiting for my food. A thought struck me. I stopped my server as he was rushing past and asked for another glass without ice. Used to my random requests he had it on the table in moments. I looked at the dew beside me and at the glass. "Since you dunked me on our first meeting I'm going to have to see if you still like it yourself." Not waiting for his reaction I scooped him out and plopped him into the glass. He bobbed gently on the surface. I poked him under and watched as he popped back up to the surface. He didn't seem bothered. This could get interesting.

the person who brought my food looked at my dew-in-a-glass funny but didn't comment. i ate slowly savoring my meal while keeping my eyes on the dew. He didn't complain once about sitting in the water. When I finished I plucked him out of the glass and gently dried him before placing him in his pouch and walking home. so he likes water. I guess. Oh, I did get my shoes back by the way.

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 am
Entry 3

So I've tried to get my life back into a semblance of normalcy but it's kinda hard while caring for a little dew thing. I don't know anything about this talk of it turning into a child. I don't know if I could handle that. Just caring for him as a dew is almost overwhelming. Like when I had to spend a day working. I was originally going to just leave him home but as I was running out of the door he began jingling incessantly. I know a photo shoot is no place for a little thingy but he insisted. Yeah. I said photo shoot. Between my bakery days I do small time modeling.

So anyway, I had to make a quick scramble for the little pouch I had taken him out in before. So I stuffed him in the pouch and dashed out the door. I shuffled around with keys trying to get the door locked and almost dropped the dang boy in the process. Clattering down the steps in my heels I dashed off down the sidewalk barely making it to the bus stop in time.

I showed up on set 5 minutes late and had to stammer out apologies between being yelled at. I ended up leaving the pouch sitting off to the side and somehow he managed to knock it over and roll half out over the course of the next few hours. I'm still not sure how he managed it. It was very stressful trying to work and keep an eye on him at the same time. I didn't want him getting crushed in the scuffle.

So afterwards I gathered him back into the pouch and we headed back home. The evening was spent lounging on the couch watching old Disney movies. Despite his fixation with water he didn't seem to like the Little Mermaid. So now I'm a little confused. whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 am
Entry 4

So it finally happened. He . . .grew . . I guess. To a child. Good God what am I going to do with a child? Gah! Anyway. He's just kinda chillin' in the bathtub for now. I didn't know what else to do with him. I mean he needs water.But I'm getting ahead of myself. It started off a bright lovely morning.

I didn't have to work that day. I had ended up taking him to a couple more shoots and even to a few days of waitressing. He had gotten to the point of sitting quietly while I worked. But that doesn't really matter because I wasn't working that day. I had done some cleaning with him sitting in my cleavage in my sports bra. He seemed to like being close to me and we had a good time.

After we had the place clean I decided I needed a shower to get the house grime off of me. I was figuring, hey, he was cleaning with me and hes just a dew so I could have him shower with me. So there we were, in the shower. I had gotten us all cleaned and was just sitting in the warm water relaxing with him sitting on the tub ledge. And that's when it happened. A bright light filled the bathroom. I nearly fell in surprise.

It took a moment for my eyes to readjust to the regular light in the bathroom. I was leaning against the shower wall just out of the water, still slightly disoriented. Then there was a giggle from below me. Blinking in confusion I looked down and there he was. Sitting in the tub staring up at me. We stared at each other. Me in shock. Him with a wide smile on his face. I reached out of the shower and pulled a towel off of the counter to wrap around myself.
"Brutus?" I began calmly. "Wait here."

I dashed out of the bathroom and ran for the phone trying to get a hold of Berry. It was no good. So I quickly dressed and went back into the bathroom. He was still in the tub playing in the shower. I knelt by the tub and just stared at him. After a moment I finally managed a coherent thought and turned off the shower to run a bath. He squealed with delight and began splashing around. And that's where he still is. I go check on him every so often but I'm still not really sure what to do with him.

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am
Entry 5

I left him in the bath up until I went to bed. Then I pulled him out of the bath wrapped in a towel. He snuggled up against me and was almost instantly asleep. Not having anywhere else to put him I took him to bed with me. He seems to be a pretty good sleeper and didn't move a lot. More importantly he managed not to wake me up at all.

When we got up the next morning I carried him around the kitchen trying to figure out what to feed him. I don't know if he can eat normal food or if he needs special fishie stuff. I decided to take a gamble and decided to see if he would eat some oatmeal with berries in it. I needn't have worried. After setting him on some blankets on the floor with it, and showing him how to hold a spoon, the kid devoured it.

Once he was done eating I set him back in the tub to play and clean up. I sat for a minute watching him, thinking. I guess he really cant just live in the tub. Then I had a brilliant idea. It was like a light bulb just came on. Like in a cartoon. I told him I would be back and left the room to make a few phone calls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:16 pm
Entry 6

It took a few days of planning and arranging but we finally got the thing in. Brutus's new hangout that is. My living room is now officially half taken up by what looks like a giant fish tank. Except this fish tank has little ramps that look like those things people get for their little dogs to get on and off of the bed safely running up both the inside and out. I figure eventually when the kid grows he'll want to get in and out by himself.

At first I was a bit worried about him having gotten used to being in the tub so much that that he wouldn't like his new play area. Again, with him, I shouldn't have worried. When I first set him on top of the little resting platform at the top of the tank, the first thing he did was push himself into the water and swim around to explore all the little corners. He's terribly curious. And apparently my fears about him actually knowing how to swim in deeper water were incorrect as well.

The tank is filled with fresh-water for now. I looked up seahorses and I guess they're actually salt-water animals, but I didn't want to deal with that mess if I didn't have to. I figured that since he was able to eat normal food he might be able to have normal water too. We'll just have to see. Since he's, like, magic I guess I don't really have any doubts. Well now that he's settled into it a bit I should probably get some water toys for him. Every kid needs toys right? Though when he gets bigger we might have to figure out what to do about a bigger tank. I don't think a bigger one would fit in here.

StrawberryRoseTea
Crew

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
{Journals} Where your journey unfolds!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers