Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Astrology, death and resurrection

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm
Ok. If someone died, but they were recuscitated (like someone gave them CPR), would their life being brought back be considered another birth and therefore make a second natal chart necessary, or would the event just be recorded in the original natal chart?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 am
hmmm... this is interesting.. because I've had a classmate who told us he came back to life.. not just once.. but three times.. so your question made me think..

But I don't think a second natal chart would be necessary. I don't consider being brought back is another birth. Just record the event in the original natal chart of that person. 3nodding  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 pm
What are we considering to be death here? True death isn't something you come back from. Defining what makes a body dead is tricky business though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm
Obscurus
What are we considering to be death here? True death isn't something you come back from. Defining what makes a body dead is tricky business though.

Death like...your heart stops beating, your lungs stop breathing, the doctors consider you dead and start shocking you with paddles, you are walking through a strange tunnel with a light at the end of it,....that kind of death. Or, really, even a ressurection type death. I think that's what I was really wondering about anyway.

Like if Jesus looked at his chart before the crucifixion, would he see: .....something horrible happens to me, then I die,.....but wait....my chart goes on. That's strange.

or would he see: ...something horrible happens to me, then I die....

with nothing more afterwords.

P.S. - I looked at your blog.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 am
Gandalf_the_Girl
Obscurus

Death like...your heart stops beating, your lungs stop breathing, the doctors consider you dead and start shocking you with paddles, you are walking through a strange tunnel with a light at the end of it,....that kind of death. Or, really, even a ressurection type death. I think that's what I was really wondering about anyway.

Like if Jesus looked at his chart before the crucifixion, would he see: .....something horrible happens to me, then I die,.....but wait....my chart goes on. That's strange.

Quote:
Death like...your heart stops beating, your lungs stop breathing, the doctors consider you dead and start shocking you with paddles

Ummm... Defibrillators are used to stop your heart as a means to reset your hearts natural rhythm. Not used to start your heart back up.
Wiki can tell you about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defibrillation

That's all I really have to add to this convo.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:50 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Gandalf_the_Girl
Obscurus

Quote:
Death like...your heart stops beating, your lungs stop breathing, the doctors consider you dead and start shocking you with paddles

Ummm... Defibrillators are used to stop your heart as a means to reset your hearts natural rhythm. Not used to start your heart back up.

Oh. ....I'm just going by movies. They always show a patient flatline, then use the paddles on them. Guess that must be one of those Hollywood inaccuracies. Thanks for the info.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 am
Gandalf_the_Girl
broken_bleeding_angel
Gandalf_the_Girl
Obscurus

Quote:

Oh. ....I'm just going by movies. They always show a patient flatline, then use the paddles on them. Guess that must be one of those Hollywood inaccuracies. Thanks for the info.

Yeah Hollywood is one of the worst places to to collect any information, unless it pertains to movies and actors. XD No problem.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl
Obscurus

If they're trying to resuscitate you then you're not really dead yet. Defining death is tricky in medical terms. Are they dead when there's no more brain activity? Or when the heart stops? Both? See what I'm getting at?

How much do you know about astrology? A natal chart isn't really a timeline of your life laid out like a road map.

Also, thanks for checking out my blog. xd  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers