Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Legend of Zelda Hangout ~ TLoZH

Back to Guilds

Fun for every Legend of Zelda Fan, both veteran and new, for over eight years~ 

Tags: legend of zelda, link, zelda, triforce, nintendo 

Reply ..::The Hangout::..
Wallmasters, Stalfos, and more! Oh my! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your most hated Zelda monster/enemy? (non-boss)
  Wallmasters
  Like Likes
  ReDead
  Scrubs
  Deku Babas
  Poes
  Stalfos/Stalchildren
  Other
View Results

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 pm
A place for all to ramble about their most hated enemies in the LoZ games.

To start things off, I want to complain about Mad Scrubs and the stupid giant Deku Babas that overrun Kokiri Forest when you first go back to do Forest Temple. >.< Simple as they are to beat, they are ANNOYING. I know, I know, it's all about knowing the tricks and all that. Doesn't make the enemies any less of a douche to put up with.

Wallmasters are the stuff of my nightmares, and would make excellent horror movie monsters. A giant, freaky, discolored, disembodied hand that drops out of the air with the most gut-clenching, shudder-inducing groan you've ever heard and grabs you, carrying you off to your doom? I know if I were in a horror situation and saw something like that, I'd be crapping my pants and trying to gtfo of that place asap.

Who else wants to rant about enemies? Bosses included, if you want.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:55 pm
I don't hate any other enemies but Like Like. I always dread having to risk my shield being around them. I'd much rather go into a room full of Wall/Floormasters and Redeads if it meant I didn't have to ever see a Like Like again. I'm frightened of them eating me, knowing they'll take my shield and I may actually completely lose it. I hate it when they're on the other side of the room just waiting for you, and I especially hate it when they just drop on you from out of nowhere and you have to be quick to get away. Their reach is disgusting and they're ugly. I hate them with a passion and I'm glad they didn't put the damn things in Skyward Sword. Good riddance I say, haha.

All the other enemies you listed in the poll, or any others I can think of, I can't say I hate or even dislike. I actually like a lot of them, Poes, Scrubs and Stalfos to be exact. I also don't mind Wall/Floor masters; when I know they're in the room I don't give two shits about it lol. I can avoid them just fine and if I don't, I don't mind going back to the beginning of the dungeon. The giant Deku Babas and Mad Scrubs in Kokiri forest were easy for me to avoid so they didn't bother me either. The only things that ever hit me were the Mad Scrubs and that would only be when I wasn't paying attention or ran right up to one all stupid and stuff lol.

Lol I guess I didn't have much to rant about other than the Like Like. I hope they all die. emotion_kirakira

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 pm
Yokies

I actually like a lot of them, Poes, Scrubs and Stalfos to be exact. I also don't mind Wall/Floor masters; when I know they're in the room I don't give two shits about it lol. I can avoid them just fine and if I don't, I don't mind going back to the beginning of the dungeon. The giant Deku Babas and Mad Scrubs in Kokiri forest were easy for me to avoid so they didn't bother me either. The only things that ever hit me were the Mad Scrubs and that would only be when I wasn't paying attention or ran right up to one all stupid and stuff lol.

Yeah I like some enemies. I kind of like the wallmasters because they're cool, and they, like the scrubs and babas, are rather easy to avoid. Doesn't make them less creepy though. They're ranked as tied with Like Likes for "most annoying zelda enemies ever." The official poll, if I recall right.

I LOVE Wolfos. Lizalfos are cool, but annoying. lol. I just ignore poes. Stalfos are a pain in the a** to fight. stressed I kinda like the Babas simply because they remind me of flytraps. I kinda like the skulltulas, though if i ever saw one irl I'd freak out. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:19 pm
Lyrica Silvan

I don't find them creepy so I guess I can't relate with that lol. It's weird, you'd think a disembodied hand would freak everyone out, but I guess I just don't see it. I've never seen the official poll, at least my hate in Like Like is shared lol.

I like Wolfos and Lizalfos too. I went out of my way to fight Poes, even though I usually didn't have a free bottle for them in Ocarina of Time haha. I liked them best in Twilight Princess, they were so fun to catch and fight. I think Stalfos are fun and challenging, I like how difficult they are lol. They keep making them worse and worse in every game they're in haha. XD

I don't like spiders, so I'd probably be freaked out if Skulltulas were real, but in game they're just kind of.. there. Haha.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm
Yokies

I don't like spiders, so I'd probably be freaked out if Skulltulas were real, but in game they're just kind of.. there. Haha.

I get mad when I accidentally touch the Gold Skulltulas and take damage. I take it out on them as a result, and end up wishing they could take more than a couple hits so I could keep beating on them.

Example -

Me: -find a GS--attempt to attack--touches it with body by mistake (this is usually the result of me trying to use my sword on ones that are on the ground, or me accidentally dodge-rolling into one)--gets mad and starts yelling at the skulltula- STUPID THING! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO ATTACK ME! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm
Lyrica Silvan

Lol I've had that happen a few times. I get too excited about finding one and just run right into it.
Poor things though, they don't do a damn thing about being attacked. XD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 pm
I know, right? Lol. Though I guess the developers and programmers didn't feel the need to make them protect themselves. Finding the little buggers is hard enough. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 pm
GUARDIANS.
UGH.
NO.
JUST.
NO.

On a side note, I'm almost 1000% percent sure there's a thread already like this...  

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 pm
Meizzkey
]On a side note, I'm almost 1000% percent sure there's a thread already like this...

sweatdrop

I didn't see any, so I thought it'd be okay...I'm sorry...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 pm
I've had a couple of really annoying encounters with Like Likes. This one time, in the dungeon that's in the well in Ocarina of Time, I got sucked in by the Like Like behind the bars and he spit me back out into the hallway, so I couldn't even kill him. He ate my shield.... T.T I had to reset my game, and I hadn't saved for a while. gonk

The second one was when I was playing Ocarina of Time (again) in Ganondorf's castle when you go to get the Golden Gauntlets. I was jumping to the other side and as I got towards that one platform where the two Like Likes were, one swallowed me and spit me over the edge. T.T I lost my shield and my Zora's Tunic (which I always wear after I get it because it's my favorite). I had to reset that time, too, but luckily, I had saved recently, so it wasn't so bad.  

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[.Torina.]
Captain

Aged Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:29 am
Lyrica Silvan
Meizzkey
]On a side note, I'm almost 1000% percent sure there's a thread already like this...

sweatdrop

I didn't see any, so I thought it'd be okay...I'm sorry...
I actually looked through the threads and didn't find anything, so we'll call this one okay. Thanks Kai and no worries, Lyrica. (:

I voted Scrubs, because I f*cking hate those things. They're so annoying, I hate just having to deal with them, I want them all to go away and stop shooting at me with seeds. D:<

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 am
Quote:
[.Torina.]
I voted Scrubs, because I f*cking hate those things. They're so annoying, I hate just having to deal with them, I want them all to go away and stop shooting at me with seeds. D:<

Thank you! i mean they may not be difficult to deal with, but they're still a pain in the arse.  

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am
Lyrica Silvan
Yeah, I had a looksie and saw nothing.

It just sounded like a repeat. XD;; My bad!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:06 am
Meizzkey
Lyrica Silvan
Yeah, I had a looksie and saw nothing.

It just sounded like a repeat. XD;; My bad!

You might have been thinking of the "most hated boss" thread, or whatever the devil the title of it is.  

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 am
Lyrica Silvan

Thank you! i mean they may not be difficult to deal with, but they're still a pain in the arse.
Yeah they're not hard to deal with but they take time and when I'm trying to repel one others will shoot at me and it just gets STUPIDLY ANNOYING.

I also hate Like Likes. The one placed in the Shadow Temple-esque part of Ganon's Castle in OoT is just a b***h.

..::The Hangout::..

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff