Total Votes : 7

Krego-sama

Rainbow Regular

7,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 pm
Working on a new avi...Would love opinions and suggestions.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 am
Unless you're looking for suggestions of items that you might not be aware of that you'd like, I'm not really sure what you expect to accomplish. I tend to dress my avatar to my liking with no consideration of how others think it looks. After all, the point of an avatar {or at least what was originally the point of one} was to use it as a means of expressing yourself, in which case it's something personal that you can't really ask others if it looks "right" or not.

But as far as general aesthetics go, your current avatar isn't really my cup of tea. I'd have to know what kind of "look" you're going for to really make any suggestions on changes, though.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm
I'm with TES on this one. Without a general idea of what you wanna aim for on a look you won't get many ideas. Is it something tied with an RP char with a story? Is it something based on a certain color scheme or genre you prefer?

I play with my look the same way I do my art on photoshop. I experiment the ******** out of it and see where it goes. A lot of it leans to having a lot of blue or purple looks but that's just me. sweatdrop But I'll just slap on a pose here, try out a bottoms item there and just play with it. I don't do dream avi's or put anything in a contest bc I just have fun playing around with what I have. I could care less on what others think I look like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm
I really like seeing what I can do with monotones and every once in a while do something really cluttered or themed. But I /like/ your gray scale avi right now, because gray scale is something I like to fiddle with and for me, it is fun to see how others can put together a nice gray scale avatar.  

bandaidd
Crew

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 pm
It's not exactly greyscale... he just has this on, which can even turn a mismatched color avatar into greyscale.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Unless you're looking for suggestions of items that you might not be aware of that you'd like, I'm not really sure what you expect to accomplish. I tend to dress my avatar to my liking with no consideration of how others think it looks. After all, the point of an avatar {or at least what was originally the point of one} was to use it as a means of expressing yourself, in which case it's something personal that you can't really ask others if it looks "right" or not.

But as far as general aesthetics go, your current avatar isn't really my cup of tea. I'd have to know what kind of "look" you're going for to really make any suggestions on changes, though.

Just looking to make an avi that is sexy, but dark. I wanted opinions just to get a feel for what people thought of it, and I wanted suggestions because I don't know every item, or have every item, and other people might think of something I didn't. Naturally I won't be using anything I don't like on my avi.
I also don't enter my avi into competitions. Doesn't interest me in the least.  

Krego-sama

Rainbow Regular

7,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm
For barely there "garments", my personal favorite is the Gambino Doll. There's also Atrum Egg, Embarrassed Dream, and Gift of the Gods that I can think of.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm
Its too bad QS ain't here to add tips. He's got some good taste too.  

Liada Trovaras

Old Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff