Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, this was a pride, huh? He had parted ways with Ieiunium, thankful for her help. If she hadn't helped him, it may have taken him longer to find these lands. The faster he could barter some sort of system for water, the sooner he could figure out his plan of attack in life. Whatever that may be, he was open to ideas.

With a yawn and a stretch, he glanced around, his bright green eyes sticking out just as much has his blonde mane from his very dark body. Finding a place to sleep tonight was going to be interesting, but he was more concerned on finding at least some sort of water before sleeping. As foolish as he could be at times, he wasn't going to risk getting dehydrated.

He cautiously walked into the pridal lands, the scent of so many strange lions alerting him to that fact. He was aware that guards may spot him, which might actually make negotiations happen sooner rather than later. Regardless....he walked, if carefully.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 pm
LAILA K'CHOL

Lailah K'chol was a delicate young lioness cautiously picking her way out near the border of the pridelands. There were some plants that grew out here, and it was her duty as Apprentice to gather them for shamanistic usage and training later. This, in fact, was one of her favorite parts of being Stellaluna's apprentice - she got to go places and do things!

Admittedly, her younger sibs didn't have too many restrictions on them either, being high class and (supposedly) intelligent young lions. But she was here not because she was sneaking off or exploring but because she was supposed to be, and that made all the difference.

The juvenile looked up suddenly, as the breeze and a soft noise alerted her to someone nearby. There she saw...a lion. A big adult whom she didn't remember seeing before. He was coming from the direction of the Rogue lands, but that didn't mean much to her.

"Hi!" the young lioness greeting the stranger brightly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm
To be honest, this was just about the last thing Ukarimu was expecting. He had been ready for a guard to approach him, was hoping for it....he was not, however, hoping for a youngster like this to approach him, and be so bold in doing so. Though he was more open now, he wasn't this forward when he was her age. It was a bit...puzzling.

"Hello," he said in reply, his green eyes darting this way and that to see if this was some sort of trap. He didn't think that one of young could be out here all by herself.

"May I ask....what are you doing?" He was trying to remember what Iei told him of the pride, but to be honest they hadn't been together that long and he was going to get a crash course now...hopefully not in the form of a body slam from a guard.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm
He looked confused. She wasn't certain why, but it wasn't her place to wonder. It was her place to help him out! After all, she was going to be a Shaman one day. It occurred to her at that point that this lion might be a rogue. Lailah supposed she should be scared, in case he attacked her, but she didn't think he would.

"I'm gathering plants for my teacher," she explained cheerfully. "Each one is important has a special use, but I can't tell you because only the Shaman is supposed to know."

The juvenile looked up at the lion, cocking her head to the side. "What about you? What are you doing?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 pm
Alriiiight. He had never heard of a lion willingly gathering plants, but he figured that she knew what she was doing. She seemed confident and happy enough to prove to him that she knew what she was doing.

"Ah, I was actually just looking for some water," he said. That was the ultimate goal, as simple as it sounded. "I heard there was a pride here, so I came to check it out."

Was that too much to say? She was young enough to be honest, so he felt obligated to be honest back with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:06 pm
So...he was a Rogue! But he seemed nice enough and he said he was thirsty. She wondered how he'd heard of the pride, since he didn't seem to know much about it. And it looked like it was her job to fix that! She'd never met a Rogue before, at least, not one who hadn't already decided to join the pride.

"Well, this pride is the Mwezi'Johari and we live here by the grace of the Great Lion who watches over all of us to some extent," she told the lion. "My name is Lailah K'chol and I'm the Apprentice Shaman," the juvenile went on proudly.

She shook herself slightly and turned towards the pridelands. "This way! I'll show you the water hole," she told him. It was the very least she could do. He seemed like a nice guy and Lailah had no doubts that there was at least one older lion watching stealthily nearby.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm
Ukarimu blinked. He honestly had no idea what she had just said, but he wasn't really going to ask her everything right this moment. First thing was first, and he was thirsty. He could see what other information he could get out of her later, but she seemed so willingly to help that she must be excited to talk about all she knew. It...made him feel a bit dumb, honestly.

"I'm Ukarimu," he said with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Lailah K'chol." He'd ask her about that shaman bit later, but perhaps her being an apprentice of some sort would explain why she was looking for plants.

"Do you....gather things often?" Oh, he wasn't that great at talking to someone younger than him, as he followed her in the direction of where the water hole was.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:27 pm
"It's nice to meet you too, Ukarimu!" Lailah chattered cheerily at the black lion as she led him deeper into the pride's lands. She wondered if being thirsty was the only reason he was here. Maybe he meant to join? He certainly didn't seem to know much about the pride, only that it was here. Then again, she was still just an Apprentice and she didn't know too much about how joining worked. She'd seen the process a few times, yes, but not from the very beginning. And she'd certainly never before been the first in the pride to meet any stranger.

"Yeah, it's part of learning to be the Shaman! I have to know what the plants are and where they grow and when to harvest them and how to preserve them and what they do - all of that!" This came out in a rush of words that probably made no sense to the big black lion, but Lailah didn't really mind. She had someone new and different to talk to!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:44 pm
Ukarimu was honestly a little impressed with how happy she was. He wondered if this was a direct result of the pride being so happy, or if she was just so overwhelmingly joyful about being able to gather up plants? He nodded when she said her little...speedy explanation about what she was doing. Something about gathering and harvesting...he couldn't catch the rest of it.

"Sounds like a lot to learn, but you really seem to enjoy it," he said with a nod, happy that she seemed ok in letting her have some water, as much as it was to be hanging with a stranger. Hopefully an adult was around, and observing...and not wanting to smack him down. If she was half as important as he guessed she was...it was a miracle.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:51 pm
"Oh I do! I mean, yes I was born to be the Apprentice - they said the next girl born in the high class would be and I'm the oldest of all my siblings and we're older than the young Princes and Princesses," she rambled happily. They came around a small rise and there, glittering in the sun was the water hole.

"Here we are!" Lailah announced with a flourish before leading Ukarimu all the way to the water's edge. She took a drink herself, being thirsty from the long walk.

"And now, I have to go, Stellaluna's expecting me," she told the black lion. "See you later - bye!" With that, the white juvenile was off like a flash. Hopefully she wouldn't be too late!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 pm
Interesting that a royal wouldn't get a job - granted, he didn't know that much of the pride life, but he always assumed that royals got what they wanted, even if it meant a more prestigious position.

Happy to have the water, he bent down to take a drink when the young juvenile suddenly announced that she had to leave. He didn't have a chance to say goodbye, his mouth still full of water. He watched her leave, realizing that he was probably even deeper into the pride's territory, and was left all alone.

Boy, he felt doomed.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff