Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Sour grapes (Jordan & Rep) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 pm
It hadn't been a particularly good day so far. Less than pleasant revelations, kitchen duty, and the fact that the bathroom being destroyed meant that he had to either put off his morning workout and training till evening or settle for a sponge bath afterwards had put Jordan in a generally frustrated mood. And spotting a shock of bright red hair in the common room he'd been planning to read in soured his mood further. It was that idiot who'd been spewing bigoted crap on Twitter - wait, maybe this wasn't bad after all.

Ferros perked up as he sensed the direction of Jordan's thoughts. Are we going to fight?

That's the plan. Jordan dropped his book on the coffee table and rounded the couch to approach the guy. "William, isn't it?" he asked pleasantly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Rep had been in more fights in the last few days than he had in his life. Most of the fights back home he'd outmuscled or out-armed his opponents, often both, and had the backup of his friends. Here it had just been Rep defending Rep's ego and a lot of the fights had been resounding defeats, the result was that he was more than happy to /deny/ the fights ever happened but the fact remained he looked a little worse for wear, still with the faint remnants of a black eye from Candace's lovely spar. The lack of showers had been getting to him aswell and thanks to his own hang ups he'd been making do with a bucket of hot water and the ocean. It wasn't really cutting it, he was clean..enough but his hair was a mess.

So he'd resorted once again to nursing his wounds in the common area, feeling he had to keep up appearances, he couldn't HIDE in his dorm and was enjoying the last of a bar of dairy milk as someone addressed him. He didn't even look at Jordan before snarling. "Rep actually." Only after stating this even looking at who was speaking to him, again the faintest of recollections played on his mind but he couldn't be sure from where.

"Sup?" at least he hadn't started out with an insult, seemed men got afforded more courtesy most of the time.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:02 pm
"Rep, okay." Jordan smiled. "Nice to meet you in person." There was a faint sarcastic edge to his tone, just barely not enough for anyone to be certain it was actually there. "You're one of the newer trainees; did any of the seniors or department heads bother to give you guys the rundown on what your weapon can do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Rep rolled his eyes, his usual petulant response to feeling patronised. Which was whenever almost anyone tried to be helpful towards him. "Well I've not seen the department head since the initial briefing, but I've certainly met a ******** few of the seniors, and their weapons too. Don't know about anyone else but I got a bit of an idea what Tracey's able to do first hand. Gave them a taste of it too."

He liked to pretend he'd actually won any of those encounters.

"Why do you ask?" he gave Jordan a suspicious look, anyone being remotely friendly was treated with extreme caution, it was all too easy to get a knife in the back of someone who thought you weren't a threat.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm
"One of these days the Sun division head will actually show up," Jordan said dryly, "and with the way things go, I figure they'll start out by yelling at us for not training enough while they were gone. Good that you've got an idea of how to work with your weapon. I assume she let you know about your Fear shield and how to charge her specialty. Has she told you what she was yet?"

He grinned, well aware that Rep didn't trust his friendliness. Well, the guy was right about that; there was some degree of actual intended help, but mostly he intended to take his frustrations out on a guy he already disliked. "You doing anything right now? I've got some free time, wouldn't mind seeing what you and Tracey can do."

You're not nice, Ferros snickered.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Rep nodded. "Well, they can defo like, yell at other ******** people, cause if I train anymore than I already am, there'll be nothing left to train." He did give the other man a momentary blank look as the terms fear shield and charge went over his head.

He looked a little more understanding. "Well I hadn't been told the /names/. Cause my weapon's a p***k." he stated with a cold smirk. "He likes to make decisions on my behalf."

He looked the other man over critically. He was hard to read, he looked lean and honed enough to present a very real threat, but at the same time, Rep had met some people back home who looked like they'd ace a fight but who blundered instead. It was worth a test. Besides, what was he going to say, he was busy eating chocolate instead? ******** that, a man never turned down a fight.

"Not doing anything pressing, I'm sure the ladies won't mind if I make a space in my schedule." He fought the urge to swear abusively at Tracey and gave Jordan a lazy grin.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 pm
"What's your regimen? Weights, boxing, running, sparring? The gym's got some good equipment for basic exercising, but you gotta remember to do specific exercises with your weapon as well. I had sore shoulders for a couple of weeks learning to swing Ferros around. I'm Jordan, by the way. This is Ferros." He held up his right hand so Rep could see the heavy, red-jeweled ring on his index finger.

"Excellent. I'm always up for a good spar." Jordan's smile widened a bit, approaching evil. He turned to head towards the door. "Come on out to the training fields, we'll need some space."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Rep shrugged. "Mostly gym workouts and stuff, but lately..swimming too I guess." He didn't want to admit how much his shoulders were aching after using Tracey as much as he had been of late, that'd be admitting weakness, implying he couldn't handle things. He nodded though as Jordan introduced himself, as close to polite as he got. "Awrite. Tracey's err." he gestured with a thumb to the earrings at the top of his ear.

He got up from his chair with a tired wince, giving Jordan that same suspicious look as he left. He really didn't trust people to be quite as..nice. The guy had to have something on his mind other than just sparring.

He'd be damned if he knew what it was though.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:00 pm
"Swimming? In the ocean? Keep an eye out for krakens," Jordan said cheerfully. "Then again, I've never seen one on the surface, so maybe you're fine near the beach."

The path out to the training grounds was likely a familiar one for Rep by now, though not as familiar as it would doubtless become. When they got there, Jordan took a minute to roll his shoulders and stretch, loosening up. Then he summoned Ferros, the red stone of the ring flashing before it dissolved in a swirl of metallic motes, reforming rapidly in Jordan's hand as the huge spiked hammer; the comment about sore shoulders probably made more sense now. He rested Ferros across one shoulder and grinned sharply at Rep. "Right. Show us what you've got."  
Baneful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

He hoped so much Jordan was kidding about the kraken but he'd be keeping himself so much closer to the beach from now on.

The march out to the training grounds was becoming conditioned into Rep, just /walking/ here got the adrenaline rushing and had him anticipating pain. Usually in spades. He was hoping for some kind of painless weapon. Something..maybe small. But nope. Jordan had a ******** lump hammer that looked like it weighed a ton. Inside he was cringing but outwardly he made every pretence of looking unphased, he wanted to make an impressive impression on one of the few men he'd run into who seemed half decently manly. Still, that HAMMER.

Yeah he ******** knew, thankyouverymuch Tracey.

He summoned Tracey himself, hefting the oversized axe up into a doublehanded grip.

"May the best man win."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:14 pm
"Not bad," Jordan said, studying Tracey for a moment. "The larger weapons take more effort to use, but the sheer potential for damage is beautiful." He swung Ferros down and to the side, taking a relaxed fighting stance. "Is he aggressive?"

A couple of quick steps brought him into range, and he swung lazily, not putting much effort into the attack, not too surprised when it missed. That'd probably build Rep's confidence. Let's see if he can use those muscles he's trying to show off.

What, are you looking? Ferros snickered.

No, Jordan said, vaguely offended. "Asshat" isn't really my type.

HP: 50/50
Damage: -
Charge: 0/3  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm
IGNORE I AM A ******** DERP biggrin  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-16)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Rep smirked at Jordan's question. "No actually, he's a complete p***y f*****t, I'm the agressive one, but I'll whip him into shape eventually." He ignored the fallen angel's exasperated comment. "And yeah, when I can land a hit he's pretty ******** rough. Shame I've only had puny little women to test him out on."

The halfhearted swipe had the desired effect, Rep latched onto it as a measure of his opponent and assumed Jordan wasn't as tough as he'd seemed. In a split second he was up and retaliating, bringing the axe around in a broad swipe.

He had something to prove.

(( HP - 40
DMG - 7
CHARGE 1/3 ))

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:28 pm
The axe did hit hard; perhaps Rep's talk about working out wasn't all for show after all. "Good one," Jordan said, and gave Rep a cool, steady stare. "You might want to lay off with the insults, though. You're going to have to work with people you dislike on missions, and take orders from some of them, too. Pissing off most of the island isn't going to do you any favors."

He brought Ferros around in a smooth, inclined arc, aiming for Rep's shoulder. "For that matter, pissing off your weapon is a bad idea too. He's in your head for the rest of your life. It's a massive pain when they're pissy."

Thanks so much.

You say the same about me, Jordan snickered.

HP: 43/50
Damage: 5
Charge: 1/3  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Rep smirked as he leapt back from his assault, looking pleased with himself at the compliment for a change, certainly not expecting approval for his efforts, maybe this guy wasn't that bad. He did reply with his usual honesty to his advice though. "I only insult people who deserve it, not my ******** fault they want asspats, I'm not some kind of ******** hug fairy, I'll take missions from arseholes, I'll work with arseholes, but that doesn't mean I need to pretend I /like/ them. If they can't deal with that, that's /their/ issue, not mine. I'm not false."

He winced though as the hit connected with his fear shield, the pain lancing through it right to his core, reminding him more of the fights with Jerry and Candace than Clerise, this guy clearly knew his s**t, even when being laid back, the swing was calculated and left him trying to shake the feeling back into his arm.

"As for Tracey, not a big deal, like I say, he's a complete p***y, he can just deal with it, I make the rules, I'm the one in charge."

As if to spite him, the follow up swing of the axe felt so much rougher than usual, making him really work to swing the weight.

(( HP - 35
DMG - 3
CHARGE 2/3 ))

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out