Buffy!: It had been what had seemed like years she had been apart from her mentor. It was a sad, and unappealing fact that she had managed to get lost. She was Dear! How in the hell had she of all lions gotten seperated from their mentors? He was training her, and she had been a bit too big for her britches. She sighed, and kicked at the dirt that lay under her paw. She had to find Maktaba soon, because she was starting to feel alone. She frowned again, and sat. The more the darkness came, the more she was beginning to lose hope. She needed to rest, that was not an option.

pinchmonster: It was amazing what a little fresh air could do for a lion, and Valena was no different. While the reavers of her pride were able to leave whenever they wanted, Valena did not like to stray too far from home. She was not as forward as they; no, the only time she left home was to restock on her supplies of berries, rich red clay, various plants and petals. Valena was a dye and paint crafter - her crafts were used as battle-paint or to tint the scraps of cloth and fur that the various reavers wore. She never strayed far, so her surprise was great when she happened upon a pale lioness with strange rune-markings on her forelegs.

Valena did not sense danger, so she showed no fear in moving closer, calling out with a gentle greeting.

Buffy!: Dearbhail heard the voice, and though she knew she should be on guard, s he couldn't help but want the companionship if only for a moment. Being alone so much freaking sucked. She smiled, raising a paw in greeting before standing and making her way over. The lioness did not look mean, nor someone she should fear. Dearbhail was pretty good at reading others, she was also good at holding her own in case anyone got through and tricked her.

"Hello!" She smiled. This lioness smelled of a pride, something Dearbhail was happy to say she'd never belonged to.

pinchmonster: Valena was pleased to come across a nice lioness. She did get so tired of the constant sparring and beatings that took place in her own pride - and usually, the lioness did not get approached often. Valena certainly did not have any suitors that attempted to woo her, nor did she have the power of strong familial ties in the pride. No, all Valena had was her craft, and for that she was thankful.

"I am Valena," she trilled softly, watching the lioness curiously. "You are dangerously close to the Stormborn boundaries, and they do not take kindly to strangers." It was a friendly warning, really, meant to bring awareness to the lioness if nothing else.

"What is your name?"

Buffy!: Dear heard her, and a soft smile touched her face. Her voice was pleasant, and Dear was just happy to have someone kind around.
"I am Dearbhail." She informed the other, bowing her head with an attempt at trying to be polite. Though she really failed at it most times.

She listened to the female talk, and frowned. So they didn't like strangers. She felt confident in herself but there was such a thing as protecting someone and suicide. She had no desire to go and get in tangles with the likes of them.
"I will make sure not to stay long. It's just nice having company." Her voice was light, and kind.

pinchmonster: Valena was not really quite certain how it felt not to have company, really. Her pride was constantly a-bustle with spars and vikings and Reapers bringing in b*****d sons. Never not bringing b*****d sons - even the beloved Warlord did as much. Valena offered a soft smile at the mention of her name. "Dearbhail, it's a lovely name. How did you come across it?" Her voice was rift with curiosity, head canted quizzically to the side.

Buffy: She shrugged, and sort of looked around her. Where did anyone come by their names? Their parents right? That seemed a logical, fitting answer if she ever had heard one.

"I guess momma thought I was special." She grinned. Though the runes are her legs proved as much. She was the chosen daughter, the strong one of the family..

Pinchmonster: Valena gave a little, tinkling laugh. "Indeed, my ..Dear." That set Valena off into giggles, sometimes she was just so witty that she couldn't help herself. "Ahh, well, this little chat has quite invigorated me, I must admit. It was getting so dull on my own. It is so tiresome to have to constantly be in search of little pretties with which to craft the baubles I am so famous for within my pride."

Arrogant? Oh, absolutely.

Buffy: She smiled herself when the other turned her name into an affectionate term. It was quite common, and most who talked to her called her Dear. Wasn't everyday you ran into a Dearbhail. Her name meant chosen one, as if her parents couldn't get over her markings at birth.

"I travel on my own for hte most prt. I completely get life being dull." She nodded, and she was genuine there.
"Baubles? Well I wish you luck with that. I train, and fight. I don't really get time to do anything crafty."

Pinchmonster: "Oh, Gods, no. Training and fighting should be left to the males, Dear. Let them think they're so big and mean and growly." She chuckled, flicking her tail for added measure. "And then, when they are busy being big and rough and manly, just bat your big eyes at them and twitter and flit about them~ use them to give you what you want." Valena shrugged as if it was common knowledge. It was how she oftentimes got things she needed; then again, she had to prey on the stupider, younger lions - ah, well.

"Take the time to do something pretty for yourself, Dear. Too much fighting and sparring simply can't be good for you."

Buffy: She was sure it wasn't good for her, but then again she put herself in a lot of danger. She was constantly in fights with the bad guys of the savannah, and training was the single way to keep yourself alive.

"Well, I'm alive that's all that matters. Quite a few times I almost didn't come out as lucky." She said with a soft smile. The moon hanging over the sky made her grumble.

"Well, I should probably head out. Thank you for you rcompany, however I am searching for someone very important." She smiled, and bowed her head.

PinchMonster: Valena's shoulder lifted in a brief shrug, her paw lifting in a dainty little wave. "Take care, Dear." She rose to her paws, giving herself a quick shake so that she could rid herself of any debris that clung to her rather pristine, plush pelt. "I hope you do end up finding who you're looking for, and stay safe." Dipping her head in a polite, friendly nod, Valena quietly watched as Dearbhail took her leave.

Fighting and training didn't sound like much fun to the lioness, but at least she'd had the opportunity to get to know a stranger. Such a thing was hard to come by when one lived in a pride as tightly knit as the Stormborn.