Valena
User ImageThis was quite the quandary.

For three days now, Valena had been leaving the pride in search of a very particular purple flower. She'd seen it once before, snatching it up before bringing it home and crafting with it the most beautiful violet dye that she'd ever seen. Such a rich and royal purple was almost unearthly in depth and hue - and since then, the lioness had had little luck in finding it once more.

And it was frustrating.

Delicately rearranging herself outside of her den, Valena huffed to herself. Where could she search next? She was only one lioness and it was so difficult to cover the ground needed in order to find the flower. What she needed was a helper, and as she caught sight of a Thrall doing her best attempt at skulking about, Valena knew she'd found what she was looking for.

"Hello~ Yes, you! Come here, please!"

Stygg
User ImageStygg would never win any prizes in skulking, that much was made blatantly obvious when the pretty pale lioness caught sight of her. It was a pity, too, as Stygg had managed to wriggle away from Thorgrim and his wife, and she'd been looking quite forward to some time spent alone. It wasn't that Stygg did not care for Lena - she did, the lioness was nothing if not sweet and genteel - but she would be lying if she said that she wasn't afraid of Thorgrim.

He was big and mean-looking. Stygg hated big and mean-looking. At least the lioness who called out to her wasn't big, and could hardly be called mean-looking. With an exasperated look about her, Stygg made her way to the pale lioness.

"Yeth?"

Her voice was almost a whine.

Valena
Now, Valena was not a stupid lioness. She lacked the quickness of mind and cunning that others had, but she was not stupid. She was also pretty adept at reading the body language of those she came into contact with. It was a little obvious that the darker lioness Thrall before her was not pleased to have been spotted, but Valena was certain that she would be quite pleased by the offer that would soon be voiced.

"You are a Thrall, yes? What is your name?"

She already knew the answer to that, but a little conversation seemed appropriate before Valena ordered the female to acquiesce to her bidding. Valena was all about being polite, even to Thralls that didn't belong to her.

Stygg
Stygg sighed quietly, mourning the minutes that ticked by. An afternoon of freedom traipsing the lands that surrounded the pride, wasted. Stygg almost wanted to cry, but she tamped down the urge as quickly as it had surfaced.

"Yeth," Stygg lisped quietly, shuffling her feet in slight agitation. It was the only word she spoke, lifting her eyes to meet those of the lioness before her. Perhaps one day she would have the freedoms to do as she wished, but for now she was a Thrall with a mean-looking Captain as her master.

"I am Thygg."

Stygg was everything that this lioness was not - a Thrall, ugly... lispy. She couldn't help but feel utterly jealous for a brief moment. A brief moment that stretched into a few longer moments.

Valena
Valena burst into a soft, tinkling laugh, eyes sparkling with mirth.

"I have not seen you around before, Thygg," Valena chuckled. Had she even gotten the name correct? It was so hard to tell when the few words that the Thrall had spoken were laced with the lisp that made it almost impossible to understand the words she spoke. Despite this, Valena did not mean to offend the lioness - not that it mattered if she did. After all, Thygg was a mere Thrall.

Beneath her, quite frankly, though at the moment Valena was desperate for an assistant.

Stygg
"No. Thygg. Thygg."

Stygg's brows drew down in a fierce frown as she tried to get her point across.

"Like... like a thick. From a tree. Yeth?"

Stygg waited for a response. Thorgrim was always mocking her lisp even when Lena told him to stop. She couldn't blame them, really. Stygg would probably make fun of herself if she was someone else. Making fun of yourself while you were yourself certainly didn't make any sense and it was not something that Stygg was in the habit of doing.

Valena
Valena made her best attempt at gracefully choking down the laugh that threatened to burble upwards.

"Stygg, then? Do I have it right?"

Valena didn't much sound like she cared.

"I require your help. Since you seem to be fumbling around doing nothing, I am going to give you a duty. It shan't take long, I promise - if you do your job well, at least. I am looking for a flower. A purple flower that I have only seen once before. I need this plant very much. Do you understand, Stygg?"

Valena fell silent as she stared at the other lioness with a rather critical stare.

Stygg
Wait, what?

"Tho what you're thelling me ith that you need me to wander around looking for thith... plant?" Honestly?

Stygg had been planning on wandering around the countryside doing a whole mess of nothing, anyway - now she would get to do this while working?

Was it her lucky day? It certainly felt like it. Stygg tried not to look too excited about the task at paw. She forced herself to look downtrodden and rather upset about the entire thing. Maybe she pulled it off. Maybe she didn't. At the moment, she didn't care.

"I gueth I can," she mumbled a little too eagerly, though she did punctuate it with a rather sad little sigh.

Valena
Valena gave a quick, pleased nod.

"Very good, then. I last saw the flower we're in search of in, ah... that direction." She lifted up a dainty paw with a rather careless wave as she gestured in the direction. She wasn't completely certain that the direction she was having Stygg move towards was the actual direction that the flower had been seen in, but it would be a good enough start.

"Don't dally, then, Stygg. Move, move! This ink is going to just look divine on a neckpiece that Dalla was working on the last I saw her. Go!"

As she watched the lioness trundle off in the direction that Valena had pointed in, the pale lioness gave a short huff of excitement.

Stygg
When Valena started almost-shrieking, Stygg wasted no time in taking her leave. If there was one thing that she could not stand, it was a hysterical female. Or a hysterical male, though females tended to get a little bit shriller than Stygg would like to admit. Fools. Though Valena was pretty, it was clear that she was not quite as down to earth as she might strive to be. All of this talk about dyes and necklaces and crafting was enough to make Stygg's eyes cross, and she was happy to be rid of the lioness.

Besides, she'd get to while away her free hours doing what she'd planned on doing before Valena had caught her, and to Stygg, that was all that mattered.