Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 am
User Image
Plain Brother, Spotted Brother, Leopardess

Obviously, these cheetahs are brothers...but what is this leopardess doing here?!

Time for a story contest! Find a couple of friends and, amonst the three of you, come up with a story for this trio. Once you have, fill out the form below and post it here.

[b]Plain Brother Name and Owner:[/b] Please including name meaning.
[b]Spotted Brother Name and Owner:[/b] Please including name meaning.
[b]Leopardess Name and Owner:[/b] Please including name meaning.
[b]What's going on here?:[/b] Entry here! Can be in story/RP format or just a summary, either is fine.

You can only be part of one group. This contest will close exactly a week from its posting!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm
Plain Brother Name and Owner: Aelius "Sun" [Viva Viola]
Spotted Brother Name and Owner: Braith "Speckled" [the_scowling_cat]
Leopardess Name and Owner: Anwen'Blodwen "Very beautiful white flowers" [Hoshi Lockhart]
What's going on here?: He'd found a rock to sit on, to watch the other two. Gods knew if he didn't keep his brother in check, the world would end. Or at least get very very loud. Braith sighed. Normally, it wasn't such an issue. Normally he only kept an eye on him so the stupid cheetah didn't get in a fight with someone's mate. Today however... his eyes flicked to the white female sulking off to the side. Today there was a female in their mist, one who'd snuck their dinner out from under them. Braith was mildly impressed with the white leopard, but also incredibly annoyed with the female. He huffed and flicked his tail, staying silent.

Today was awfully quiet and he didn't like it. Not that he preferred his brother to talk or anything, but it would be nice to have SOME ONE comment his coat on its shininess or how soft it looked. Aelius instead opted to go mess with the female that was off in her own little world. She should feel lucky to be graced by his oh so awesome looking self! Hell, she should be trying to jump him by now!? He IS the pretty one out of him and is brother. Any one could see that...With his face set in a determined scowl, he stalked over to the female and pawed at her playfully. "Why are you by yourself? Shouldn't you try to socialize? Don't be so rude...."

Anwen was, in truth, trying to ignore the brothers as she gnawed on a bone from the dinner of earlier. Between her teeth scraping on the hard object, she couldn't hear them well, anyway, if they were talking. She'd made a point to turn her back on them so her ears were posed on where they were. Still, it was awfully quiet in between her chewing. That worried her, but she kept her face buried in her past-time.

Thus, it was no surprise that the approach of one of the Cheetah's went unheard until he spoke. At the voice, the leopardess raised her head, licking her lips.

"Why? Afraid I'll take off on you?"

An ear flicked and he sighed. Always blunt and straight to the point his brother was. If someone wasn't praising the ground he walked on or his coat from sun up to sun down he got moody and annoyed. Braith watched the two, deciding he would intervene once someone threatened the other's life.

"Not afraid of that smart one. Just wondering how you could be so -anti-social- after taking the dinner that belonged to me and my brother you little scavenger..." So he was a little butt-hurt that their dinner was stolen by a female leopard and he had every right to be. That was NOT cool in his book so she could at least speak to them, or worship just how DAMN amazing he looked.

The smile tossed at the plain cheetah brother dared him to start the battle of the wits. He could try all he wanted, but the winner would clearly be her. He, nor his half-wit brother over there, was aware the entire deal of her stealing their lunch had been a trick. Let them believe they held her captive. She was pulling the strings. The invisible strings. Though she didn't understand what it was she had to be near these two obnoxious males for. What had her great-grandmother meant by a pair of brown brothers, one plain and one spotted, who she needed in the future for some important reason? The old Leopard had never been fully detailed with her premonitions of the future. But she had made this clear enough to Anwen.

Now she was here and there was yet anything to happen. Other than maybe turning her off from males more and more by the day.

The female raised her head higher, still smiling that sweet innocent smile. "Is holding me captive and keeping me from rejoining my family not punishment enough?"

He hopped from the rock and walked over quietly. There was something... odd about that leopardess, really. Maybe it was her way of speaking. Braith had never really been one for animals beating around the bush (gods knew his family did it enough as it was, besides his brother). He bumped his head into her shoulder and snuck around, stealing the bone from her and gnawing on it. "My brother just wants you to worship ever twitch of his fur. He does it to everyone. It isn't personal." The spotted brother shot the plain one a look of annoyance and, continued to gnaw on the bone.

So his damned brother was going to play it that way huh? Well fine..."I do not you a**. I just want some interaction. Admiring my coat is a bonus..." Although, this little female did seem slightly....Suspicious. She wasn't afraid of them and she sure as hell didn't have any problem stealing their food. "We're keeping you captive? Your pretty bossy and snooty for a captive...Are you sure you don't want to be here? I think you do want to be here...I mean, why else would you want to hang around two handsome brothers?"

Anwen snorted, giving an angry growl as her bone was stolen from right underneath her nose. Though she made no retaliation to get the thing back. Instead, she got up and stretched, her front claws digging into the ground beneath her paws.

"I'm sorry I don't cower in fear every time you look at me," she mocked, straightening up and sitting down, curling her long tail around her hind legs. "A lady has a certain amount of dignity for herself, no matter her situation." Not that they even gave her anything to be afraid OF. All they did was smart mouth her and each other. "I assure you, I, in no way, shape or form, want to be here." Her pale pink eyes took in the both of them before settling on a point directly in front of her. The leopardess forced herself to not let the sigh escape her lips. No matter her choices, she did have to be here. And it seemed one day they would have to be told the truth of it. They were sharper than she first thought.

Or she was just a terrible actress.

"Then why are you here?" There was mild annoyance in the question, punctuated by him flinging the bone away from the group. Braith looked down at her, face impassive for the most part. This infuriatingly almost dominating female was starting to make his tail twitch with annoyance. Normally, he left the controlling to his brother. Right now though... he felt increasingly annoyed that she hadn't -told- them yet what was going on. "If you don't want to be here, lady, then go."

For once, he agreed with his brother. If she didn't want to be here, then she should just leave, especially since she wouldn't admire his god damned coat. It was pretty damn it! "Yes, please do leave if you don't want to be here...One less annoyance that we don't have to handle." Aelius's tail flickered in agitation. This female was starting to grate on his nerves too.

Yes. Clearly she was just a bad actress. Anyone else in her position would have behaved more like an actual captive. Stupid, stupid girl.

Anwen could easily see her time was coming to an end. If she didn't say something convincing, they would leave her behind. With a cheetah's short sprints of speed, she could keep up with them. But she couldn't hold off the both of them should they become aggressive.

Out of habit, she checked her surrounding for a tree. There was one too far away, the branches high enough to keep her safe.

"Would my speaking out make such a difference?"

"You didn't answer the question, lady. Why. Are. You. Here?" He growled, fur bristling on his neck. He prowled around her, eying her.

Maybe he should just let B take care of this one. He never got to see his brother in "assertive" mode and he had to say, it was pretty interesting. Lets see how this female can handle herself around his brother. He'll even let that snide little comic slide in favor of backing away to lay down, his head resting on his paws with vague amusement.

Anwen's attention shifted from the arrogant one to the...Not so dim-witted anymore. She really didn't want to tell them the reason, but she wasn't being given much of a choice.

Sighing, the leopardess shifted her pale pink eyes back to the horizen directly before her, watching the clouds shift in the sky. "For some reason, you two are important. My great-grandmother was a Seerer. But the visions she has are always vague, so I'm not sure what part you play in my future. Or if it's good or bad." Narrowing her eyes, Anwen looked back at the spotted brother who was taking the lead in interrogating her. "Satisfied?"

The cheetah looked at her with a look of suspicion. He'd heard of the visioners, but never had encountered one. What did this in turn make her then? A seer as well? Someone who just went along with what her elder said? Besides how had she found them to begin with? Braith and Aelius kept a wide range in the rogue lands, and kept mostly to themselves. They blended in with the grasses and dirt. So really, how'd this one found them at all?

"Your story seems unbelievable. You say that your grandmother saw us brothers and that we were to protect you? Just what are we protecting you from?" Braith paused his pacing on her left side, blue eyes hard. He fought back the urge to bare his teeth at her. Civil Braith, at least until she tries to kill you.

Anwen shrugged her shoulders, becoming quickly bored of the subject at hand. Not everyone was able to believe a Seerer, even in the presence of said Seerer and premonition. Worse yet if they weren't witness to said Seerer. This was exactly why she didn't want to say anything, but they had left her no choice.

"Believe what you want. I never said anything about protecting. But why would I make that up? You have nothing I want. Any fool can see that. Leopards do not usually like the company of others."

Did she -really- have to be so infuriatingly difficult? The cheetah let out a growl this time, hunching his shoulders. He dropped his face into hers, still growling. Obviously she either didn't know what she was supposed to be doing here, or she didn't want to say what she did know.

"If we have nothing you want, aside from last nights dinner, why in the gods name are you here? Is something so terrifying that you need us to protect you? Or are you simply a stuck up little cub who just uses animals until their not worth anything anymore, and move on to the next unsuspecting idiots?" His words were snarled and carried an unspoken threat of aggression and possible death underneath them. He got jerked around enough by his own litter mate; he didn't need it from this leopard.

The Leopard cocked her head and stuck out her tongue in a very mature manner at his angry words. Did the half-wit have to be told twice? Or did he simply not hear her the first time.

"I'll take you to my great-grandmother if you're so skeptical of my claims. You aren't protecting me from anything. Unless that makes your manhood swell in pride to hear. Oh, please protect me from the unknown danger, Braith. For I know not what awaits me around that tree. Or that rock." Giving a chuckle at herself, she scooted back a few paces to get his breath out of her face. "You're just as much an outlaw as I am. You have 'nothing' I need. But any fool knows you listen to the Seerers, no matter how far fetched they sound. They're not all clear as a bell when they get fortunes."

He didn't hesitate, slamming his right fore-paw into her head, though he kept the claws retracted. This time. Her words hit him deep and, while her spunk was nice to see and refreshing (say nothing to the, ah, benefits of having a female in the group), it was pissing him off bad. Braith kept to himself mostly when it came to others besides his brother; his brother dealt with them, and Braith made sure the idiot didn't father any cubs. Right here, right now, though, all of his rage was pointed at this tiny little white leopard who just rubbed him the wrong way entirely. He turned from her and walked a few paces, sinking his claws into the dirt.

The cheetah took a breath and flicked his tail. "Someone probably wants your blood for some kind of weird ritual, or for you to mother their cubs with the hope of Seerer blood in them, or some other random possibility." His voice was guarded, emotions held clearly in check. "Or perhaps someone descendant from your ancestors greatest enemy wants your head because your the purest white of them? Who the gods knows." He slowly retracted his claws from the earth, tail flicking at her in a hint to follow him.

"I'm going to hunt, since someone stole my meal. Follow if you want, or don't. I don't give a hyena's a** one way or another."

Anwen took the hit without much of a squeal, biting her tongue and digging her claws into the dirt to keep from toppling over. She could stop herself from making a sound and raising a paw to feel the side of her head, but she couldn't stop her pale pink eyes from going wide. Back at her family group, no one would treat her with such violence. She may not be a Seerer like some of her family seemed to be-at least not that she could yet tell-but she was considered a precious Priestess of the group. No one even dared lay a paw on her in an affectionate way unless she allowed it.

Giving Aelius one swift look where he still lay quietly, she followed behind Braith, more for the joy of the hunt than the joy of his company. At least he seemed to be believing her tale. Unless he was taunting her. Either way, he hadn't told her to get lost and was inviting her to follow him to hunt. That was a good sign.

She would not forget the hit, however, and found herself planning to get him back for it later.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm
Plain Brother Name and Owner: Kujali ('caring') - Ruler of Everything
Spotted Brother Name and Owner: Briskei ('finds') - Dame NightFury
Leopardess Name and Owner: Kuamini ('trusting') - xxLuminol
What's going on here?: Though it is difficult to tell from Kujali and Briskei's spotted differences, the two are brothers from the same long line of cheetahs. Their parents were madly in love, though the two never really had the chance to see that. Kujali was born in the pair's first litter and just so happened to be the only cub that came from it. Almost immediately after his birth, his mother was pregnant once more in hopes of being able to raise a large family. Kujali grew taller while his mother's belly grew larger, and his father always had to keep a watchful eye on him. He was always getting into things out of boredom simply because no one would play with him.

Their mother was about three quarters of the way through her pregnancy when, surprise, Briskei was born prematurely. His birth was a messy one and all of the other cubs were stillborn - still too young to live on their own. This difficult birth resulted in the death of their mother, who wished them all her love. Their father was distraught. He had no idea how to raise cubs on his own! Luckily enough for him, the boys were easy to manage. They grew close quickly and, soon enough, were the best of friends. Their father raised them to be bold and strong, just as he was. When Briskei was old enough, their father left them to go on his own way. And so began their journey together.

Meanwhile, a white leopardess happened to be making trouble for herself. For days, Kuamini had been evading a leopard that she had rejected. He had been furious with her. He ended up lashing out at her, sending her running. Which did nothing but make him even more angry. With cruel intentions, he followed her. And in a few days, she was exhausted. She had gotten little sleep and had been on her feet almost constantly. She thought she was safe. Kuamini curled up near a rocky dropoff, thinking that no one would find her there.

The rejected leopard did find her, though. He raked his claws across her hindquarters while she was asleep, which startled her awake. She jumped back as fast as she could - right over the drop off. It was not large enough to kill, but it did its damage. Her head hit a rock upon impact with the ground, and after that, all was a blur to her. Thinking he had killed her, the leopard panicked and ran. It was only by chance that Briskei and Kujali happened to stumble upon her.

The boys realized she was alive, and being sweet and well-mannered, positioned themselves on either side of her and went to sleep. Upon their waking, the leopardess was already scurrying around, sniffing about and appearing perfectly fine and content with what was going on. The boys exchanged glances and got up to speak to her, only to be shocked at how she greeted them. "Brothers! Finally you are awake!" It took them both a moment before they realized what had happened. The lump on her head and loving look in her eyes told them all they needed to know. She thought she was related to them.

Kujali pitied her, and named her Kuamini. He often spoke to her in conversation and mentioned her name to make her feel more involved, while Briskei helped her along as best as he could. While she felt happy and content with them, the boys could not feel anything but awkward. They forced themselves to be kind out of pity and knew almost nothing about this mystery leopardess. Then again, they seemed to know more than she did.

Eventually, the boys grew to accept her into their lives. They travel with her constantly and are never far about. They simply have two issues. How will they ever tell her that they are not related? Or that she isn't actually a cheetah?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:11 am
Plain Brother Name and Owner: Sabaku ( Desert in Japanese ) Day Dreamer427
Spotted Brother Name and Owner: Aki ( Autumn in japanese ) Chi Sohma
Leopardess Name and Owner: Ai ( Love in japanese ) freddyboy2002
What's going on here?:

How did we get here? Well, that would be a fair question to ask if we weren't so embarrassed to tell you. Our story begins when Ai came in to our lives. The majestic, beautiful leopard of our lives. Life was simple with just us to- my brother Aki had the strength and I had just the right lunge to take down prey. We were a team.. a team til a wounded Ai was found. With my knowledge of medicine, I took to aiding her wounds... she looked at me with those beautiful eyes, that I replied with my strictly business ones. Aki found it hard to stay away for very long. He told me he was drawn to her like fireflies were to the trees. He brought food only for many days to try and 'win' her over. Stuttering to talk to her as I simply did my job and left them alone.

"I love you." Ai announced two months later. When we were out hunting and it was Aki's day to rest. I was never faced with such a demand for my attention. Especially from the female that had taken my brother Aki's heart.. He loved her dearly. I had just noticed now, that she had put a flower in her ear and got almost 'pretty' for what seemed like this occasion. I just looked at her, then I looked down.
"I can't." I knew my brother's affections had not changed her mind, but in reality...
"Why not!.. You saved me! You gave me the strength to go on... I love you.."
"I just can't." A secret that I had been hiding since I was very young...
"Is it because.. you hate me?.. Do you have someone else? Is that why we're traveling so far?"
"No." I admired her but I couldn't bring myself to love someone.. Like her.
"Then what is it.." She heard my paused.. Then shouted, I could feel her heart breaking through her voice. "TELL ME SABAKU! TELL ME!" Pushing me, and pushing me until I stumbled and that's when I looked up to see her tears..

"I can't love you..."
"Why."
"... I can't love you because.."
"Spit it out. At least give me that."
"..I can't love you because I can't love a female."
"What? I don't understand."
"I can't find love within a female.. sorry."
"..... You can only love a male? But how?"
"I knew for a long time... I had a female mate- but I felt nothing for her. I watched her die, and felt sickened with myself.. You wouldn't understand. Only the male I had fallen for knew my secret.. and he was separated from me... and my heart shattered.. I knew I could not love a female since that moment.. I don't expect you to understand. But.. It was a secret I had been holding dearly, so dearly that my brother doesn't even know."
She wasn't spiteful, and somehow I knew she wouldn't tell. "Can I at least stay by you? Travel with you and your brother for just a bit longer?"

"Yes, Yes you can."

When we came back, Aki greeted me with a smile, and Ai with a genuine look of love. We kept our secret to ourselves.. Maybe one day, she would see how much she meant to my brother.. Only time could tell.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm
oops, forgot to get information together in time -headdesk-

Good luck everyone heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 am