Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1x1] Welcome to Deus ex (Marcus and Saya) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm
The tour had gone better than expected really, nothing had dragged them off to do a mission. No one had come chasing after them for anything. All and all a good tour. But now the grand finale. “Alright here we are.” The training grounds had a few hunters in the distance sparring and he pointed them out. “That is what this place is for. Aside from practicing with your weapon on your own, we fight each other.” Puling the earring free, he let the scimitar form in his hand. The blue swirls dancing on the surface. “I’m not sure about the extent of what they told you, but have they gone over the basic of FEAR and the FEAR barrier out weapons posses? Oh, draw your weapon by the way. We’ll be putting it into practice. “

Dis chuckled.
Marcus likes to pick on newbies. Just as much as anyone else.
Do not.
He said while getting ready to beat one up.

revenant aria rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 pm
They fought each other? Well, that made sense. Practice with peers was one of their only options and it added surprising elements. But could Saya do it? She shut her eyes tightly, for a brief second, shaking her head. Nervous thoughts were utterly useless, they didn't help anything!

"Fear basics and barriers? I-I don't believe they have." Saya pulled at the blue orb that Prompto had transformed into, calling himself a "portable form." It was almost amusing, the iridescent orb. Sometimes, she liked to spend an extra minute simply rolling it when she woke up in her bed last, which annoyed him vastly.

Are you ready?

She heard a yawning sigh.

Sure.

The gunbow slowly started to formulate in the space before her, the light weapon taking it's main form as a crossbow first. "W-when you say practice, what does that entail exactly?"

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm
A groan, the poor newbies. "Okay, basic run down is that we use the freak's own FEAR against them. When we were without out weapons, they could hurt us, rip us apart, but our weapons? They create a sort of buffer for us. They create a FEAR shield of sorts, which takes the damage rather than us. We can still get hurt and word out but until the shield breaks, we wont break bones, bleed, and of that stuff. FEAR is what makes up the freaks we fight. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that."

Dis purred in his head, telling him to go easy as she was cute. "And when I say 'practice' He ran up, slashing at her. "I mean sparring, all out." The blade went through like butter but obviously...there was no wound, not even cut cloth.

HP: 50
Damage: 10  
revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:16 pm
Sparring all-out? Saya's eyes visibly widened, her lack of readiness landing a nearly fatal blow against the female moon trainee ..if it had gone through. It was a sort of wondrous .. yet skeptical experience, to expect a burst of pain that never came. She flinched when it cut through, an automatic instinct to hold the source of the wound.

You don't have time to ponder!

The deep baritone rang like a loud bell, shaking the female from her stunned state. Her hand moved awkwardly against the crossbow, a series of clumsily shot arrows aiming for the male hunter. Most of them missed, her hasty movements unfocused and fumbling.

Out of several arrows, maybe one slightly touched him.

HP: 30/40
Damage: 1

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 pm
One shot got him, and he smiled. "It's a dit difficult at first, but listen to your weapon, let it guide your hand rather than you forcing it to do what you want. Sometimes it is good to block it out-" HEY! "But they're a resource, a tool to help us learn. They know about FEAR because they feed on it. If FEAR is lingering they'll know. If you strike, it feeds. Did it get a bite just now as you ht me?"

He took a second to analyze her weapon. An automated crossbow? She could do from a spar or training session with Bix. But that would be for later. "Any questions so far?" A light stab at her hand. "Or you following so far?"

HP: 49
revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm
"I'm f-following!" Saya said hastily, her hand running along the handle to shoot another arrow. But Macus hit her hand, reflexviely pulling her hand back and nearly dropping her weapon. Luckily, her other hand adeptly turned to twirl Prompto back into her grip.

Phew.

HP: 29/40
Damage: NONE SOBSOB

istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 am
Marcus smiled. "One good thing for us to practice is defending. About once a week, head out, find a hunter and ask them to flat out try kicking your a**. Then is just a matter of blocking and defending. It can be a pain but for us moon trainees, it's pretty invaluable practice. I might be an intermediate but-" He stuck at her again, aiming for her shoulder. "Even I suck on most days at it. Probably why moon division has a low life expectancy."

Random Artist

revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:24 am
Saya's expressed furrowed in an attempt to focus on defending, as Marcus stated. In fact, she successfully did so on the blow to her shoulder! She shielded with her sword but fumbled at the last moment when the unexpected impact came.

"Moons have a low life expectancy?!"

Saya did not hear that.

Hp: 28/40
Damage: 0

istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 am
No one had bothered to tell her? "Um..yeah. It was one of the first things I learned about the division actually. Sun and Moon have the highest death rates of all the divisions." He shrugged like it was simply a normal everyday fact. "Just why we need to train." He twisted his blade hoping to get her from hip to shoulder. "So we don't end up as part of the kill count."

Damage: 3
Random Artist

revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 am
"Oh, I see." The thought should have occurred to her, now that she thought of it, considering those were the defensive and front line positions. Naturally, they would be the ones to bring in the most casualties. The thought made her a little nervous, her distracted thoughts leaving her open to take a hit from Marcus.

Ouch.

But an arrow shot cleanly towards Marcus, aiming for his legs in this close-distance combat.

Saya: 25/40
Damage: 3

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 am
The arrow hit home and he winced, cutting it with his blade. It's dissipate soon enough but still, he didn't want it getting in the way. "Nice shot." He swung at her again. Aiming for her shoulder. "What's your weapon's ability? Barrier? Healing? Offense?"

HP: 46
Damage: 10
Random Artist

revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 pm
"It's h-healing." Saya's words were probably incredibly hard to make out, although decipherable since it didn't require much more than a one-word explanation. However, Marcus's sword harshly impacted her fear barrier, nearly pushing through it. But instead of piercing, the recoiling force knocked the female trainee down quite the distance, her feet partially embedded in the dirt and grass from the impact.

So much for going easy. Prompto pointed out.

Saya shook her head. I'm sure he's trying, she replied silently.

But it seemed that Prompto really wanted an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. His manly pride seemed to have taken the hit for Saya, telling her she should go hit back as hard as she can. It was sparring so Saya guesses that was pretty much the goal. The entire point of sparring.

And so, the giant curved sword did a slicing motion towards Marcus, aiming to his chest.

HP: 15/40
Damage: 6

istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm
Her attack hit, and Marcus felt his feet carry him back to regain his balance. "Have you used it yet?" He stuck out at her again, Dis begging for another bite. "And a little off subject but have you taken the training courses?"

HP: 40
Damage: 6
Random Artist

revenant aria rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:23 pm
"Not yet, I'm afraid. I was going to approach one tomorrow." Saya answered, flinching as another attack hit her. Her inexperience in battle greatly showed, as Marcus began to land heavier and heavier attacks against the trainee. She was lucky if she could defend, much less deflect.

but once in awhile, an arrow hit him.

HP: 9/40

Istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 9 Total: 18 (2-20)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm
If asked he said he wouldn't be going easy on her. He hadn't lied. Hearing that she hadn't tried any of the courses yet- "Good. The sooner you get some practice in the better. Unless you're me and just kind of suck at deathsweeper." One day death sweeper one day. Saya was holidng out pretty well as far as Marcus was concerned. She was new, and he wasn't expecting her to master her weapon or anything. As he slashed out again he instantly regret it. "s**t."

HP: 39
Damage: 12

Random Artist

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out