Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Zeal OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 pm
Think I'll work on Aeris and Krystal while I'm waiting. In the meantime....Here's what you get when you have a father & son duo with a very epic chocobo. rofl

SD Paul Prospero

Fae Princess Euphie

Red Lastalia

Yvonne EstheimPristiSofia

CLCyrus

Jewel of Antares

Erryn Lovelace

ShadeKyubi

Friendly reminders are friendly. ninja

Lloyd, Issun, and Daemorai for Team Big Red
Lutz for Krystal
Byakuya for Team Beauty
Mikhail, Hiccup, Toothless, and Yohan for Team Dragon
Richard, Lambda, and Crow for Team Jagan
*Seishin for Hiei's telepathic chat long distance call. emotion_awesome [  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 am
Sirea Angelie

-Pokes you back-
I already posted a few days ago  

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:53 am
ShadeKyubi
Sirea Angelie

-Pokes you back-
I already posted a few days ago
Oops, didn't realize I had you tagged. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:19 pm
Is everybody dead again? I feel like every time I say this line, I should get some money.  

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Is everybody dead again? I feel like every time I say this line, I should get some money.
If I had a penny for every time you say that, I'd be rich by now. xd I'm currently waiting on posts.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH

Man, it seems that way. sweatdrop I even keep needing to poke Vance. I am really just waiting on replies.

Poke time again, I guess.

Sythril Vythethi

For Hubert -> Zaul.

Red Lastalia

For Gaius -> Jade.  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:55 am
Sirea Angelie
APH-Fem Canada-APH
If I had a penny for every time you say that, I'd be rich by now. xd I'm currently waiting on posts.

My country doesn't have pennies anymore. Have nickles instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:06 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Sirea Angelie
APH-Fem Canada-APH

What country is that if I may ask?  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:29 pm
Sirea Angelie
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Sirea Angelie
APH-Fem Canada-APH

What country is that if I may ask?

Canada.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:35 am
Sirea Angelie

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Hey, have you guys ever tried poking the others by means other than quoting? Like, PMs or profile comments? If so, have you ever gotten a bite back?

I used to send PMs frequently, but to be honest, I eventually got tired of it. confused Still am. Have I mentioned that before? I don't remember.

Anyway. This is happening waaaaay too often to the point that I'd like to implement a system that "freezes" inactive players' characters so that those of us left can move on. I remember being suggested that inactive players' characters can be treated as "in the back of the party", which would be fine, but...there's still the matter of the current interactions yet to be concluded. And like...as we've all observed...conversations have a tendency of taking months to finish...due to people forgetting this guild and RP are here, or perhaps interest in Gaia entirely is dwindling. ._.

I get that life happens, but those of us who are left also have that too. And yet still take care to check in often and keep each other updated about whether we can reply ASAP or not. Including one who isn't often seen around here these days, but still at least keeps regular communication with me. You know who you are.

So, this "freezing" event idea of mine goes like this. I could ghostwrite the characters involved in interactions that have been left hanging too long as having disappeared before each others' eyes in a bright light. Dimensional distortions are happening all over the place, after all. That way, characters belonging to those still consistently active has a reason to move on. The characters on the inactive side are in some sort of suspension, frozen in time. Should these people decide to return, the characters can get unstuck, but find themselves having jumped to a future time for some reason.

How does this all sound to you guys? I could elaborate more if needed.

Maybe even some retconning can be done in the case of the ToS/Dawn main cast, since they're needed. I don't feel like doing another fresh reboot because I got one end here going along real nice and smoothly and it's just the beginning.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding all brusque and rude but this has been happening so often and throughout reboots that it's already touching my last nerve. ._.

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:53 am
Even without a bright flash of light, characters could just react to another character simply vanishing and then once they're back, have someone have a "where've you been?" moment.

As for conversations taking a while, I have an idea. If two characters are going to have an in-depth conversation, the two RPers could agree to have that conversation via PMs and then put the resulting conversation into a single post on one of their accounts. That way, conversations won't take so long. As for 3 or more in a long conversation...I dunno, Skype? Maybe make a small thread somewhere where the conversation could take place, transplant the text into a big post, and then delete that thread?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:37 pm
Azura Cantarella
Sirea Angelie

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Hey, have you guys ever tried poking the others by means other than quoting? Like, PMs or profile comments? If so, have you ever gotten a bite back?

I used to send PMs frequently, but to be honest, I eventually got tired of it. confused Still am. Have I mentioned that before? I don't remember.

Anyway. This is happening waaaaay too often to the point that I'd like to implement a system that "freezes" inactive players' characters so that those of us left can move on. I remember being suggested that inactive players' characters can be treated as "in the back of the party", which would be fine, but...there's still the matter of the current interactions yet to be concluded. And like...as we've all observed...conversations have a tendency of taking months to finish...due to people forgetting this guild and RP are here, or perhaps interest in Gaia entirely is dwindling. ._.

I get that life happens, but those of us who are left also have that too. And yet still take care to check in often and keep each other updated about whether we can reply ASAP or not. Including one who isn't often seen around here these days, but still at least keeps regular communication with me. You know who you are.

So, this "freezing" event idea of mine goes like this. I could ghostwrite the characters involved in interactions that have been left hanging too long as having disappeared before each others' eyes in a bright light. Dimensional distortions are happening all over the place, after all. That way, characters belonging to those still consistently active has a reason to move on. The characters on the inactive side are in some sort of suspension, frozen in time. Should these people decide to return, the characters can get unstuck, but find themselves having jumped to a future time for some reason.

How does this all sound to you guys? I could elaborate more if needed.

Maybe even some retconning can be done in the case of the ToS/Dawn main cast, since they're needed. I don't feel like doing another fresh reboot because I got one end here going along real nice and smoothly and it's just the beginning.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding all brusque and rude but this has been happening so often and throughout reboots that it's already touching my last nerve. ._.
You know, I haven't even thought of that. ^.^; If anyone else also happen to live in the affected area Matthew hit, I hope for the best for them.

Going off topic for a moment to give a little update on my situation, myself and my sister have went over to my place today. They have moved all the trees down the road, yet there are currently alot of downed wires. My stepdad's gonna head down there in the morning to cut down that tree that's on the roof. Good news is that the inside of the house is fine, though there's no telling if I might get some leaks. My cats are fine too, which had me feel relieved. I'm still gonna stay over at my Mom's until everything's fixed up at my place. :3

As for the 'freezing' event, I like sound of it actually.

And I don't think you're sounding rude or anything at all. It can make anyone irritated for having to wait this long for posts and the like.

Fedora Warrior

What about the skits subforum? Perhaps small threads involving such in-depth convos could be made there. Maybe?  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 pm
Fedora Warrior
As for conversations taking a while, I have an idea. If two characters are going to have an in-depth conversation, the two RPers could agree to have that conversation via PMs and then put the resulting conversation into a single post on one of their accounts. That way, conversations won't take so long. As for 3 or more in a long conversation...I dunno, Skype? Maybe make a small thread somewhere where the conversation could take place, transplant the text into a big post, and then delete that thread?

Sirea Angelie
What about the skits subforum? Perhaps small threads involving such in-depth convos could be made there. Maybe?

I think there's still a certain issue going on... It's like...interactions can be isolated, but I don't think that really affects the pace at which people respond, or give any incentive to step it up a bit. For example, Zaul, Pascal, and Hubert's interaction could have started as another thread, but I don't see it changing that Sythril would go on to leave Canada and I hanging for about two months for whatever reason. Zaul and Pascal are still locked in that interaction, and we'll be unable to continue unless I could...well...go ahead and break it off... >_>

Sirea Angelie
Going off topic for a moment to give a little update on my situation, myself and my sister have went over to my place today. They have moved all the trees down the road, yet there are currently alot of downed wires. My stepdad's gonna head down there in the morning to cut down that tree that's on the roof. Good news is that the inside of the house is fine, though there's no telling if I might get some leaks. My cats are fine too, which had me feel relieved. I'm still gonna stay over at my Mom's until everything's fixed up at my place. :3

Glad to hear things weren't too messy and bad! If there are leaks, I hope it's not too hard to patch them up. But you had to leave your cats there? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:07 pm
Azura Cantarella
Fedora Warrior

Sirea Angelie

I think there's still a certain issue going on... It's like...interactions can be isolated, but I don't think that really affects the pace at which people respond, or give any incentive to step it up a bit. For example, Zaul, Pascal, and Hubert's interaction could have started as another thread, but I don't see it changing that Sythril would go on to leave Canada and I hanging for about two months for whatever reason. Zaul and Pascal are still locked in that interaction, and we'll be unable to continue unless I could...well...go ahead and break it off... >_>

Sirea Angelie

Glad to hear things weren't too messy and bad! If there are leaks, I hope it's not too hard to patch them up. But you had to leave your cats there? eek
As far as I've heard, I've gotten my power back, though there's still the matter of getting that tree out of my roof. Once I finally get back home, there's going to be some delays on my end as far as posting goes.

Unforunately, I had to leave them, but they're able to get in and out of the house by using a hole in a closet (which I had planned on getting fixed).  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:51 pm
And here's yet another little update...I'm finally home. I've spent all day yesterday and today cleaning house. That tree is finally off my roof, and my little kitties are very happy to have me back. :3 In fact, they both are currently curled up on my lap, purring non-stop.  
Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games