Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Morning Moon (Marcus and Saya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm
She was a moon, new and freshly risen. How could he resist going to her to take her on the fun and exciting journey that was ‘Deus ex Machina’? And by fun and exciting journey, he meant a tour of the facilities and trying to help out and answer any and all questions she might have. While he was still more or less trying to fit into the ‘roll’ of being.. an intermediate hunter, he was slowly getting the hang of it. That and he really didn’t trust Julie not to outright poison the newbies and make them loathe the moon division to much that they switched. He really liked the moon division, despite the crazy yandere lead’s assistant.

He actually had to look up yandere when he was told that is what Julie was. He thought it was a type of monster at first to be honest. Frankly, even assured yandere was just a personality… Julie was a monster. Just a bit. She had to be with some of the things she did. Maybe that was the secret of Dues ex? The longer you stayed the more you became-
An image of someone with a tail made him shudder. Augh no. He pushed such thoughts aside as he waited for Saya.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 am
It had been an immense relief to find a cheerful volunteer in her division to explain the mechanics. Saya gripped the doorknob nervously, the lock closing with a soft mechanical sound behind her. Her hand rested on her chest, in an effort to slow down her heart. Deep breaths. Don't forget to take deeeep breaths~

By the time she met the other moon hunter, she had calmed down. She looked nervous but she didn't have the expression of a rabbit caught in the headlights anymore. She didn't deny she had high hopes for this visit-- mainly, explanations. Prompto, her bow, his explanations had been .. very general, to say the least.

Saya approached the only male down the hall with a hesitant tone. "M-Marcus?"

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm
Truthfully, Marcus was less cheerful as willing and wanting. Having to learn in a trial by fire sucked and he didn't think anyone could really deserve that kind of treatment. At least not all the time. Not to mention when you had trainees like...some of them, it was almost needed to teach before they were sent to the possible death, as was so lovely illustrated by the events of returning to the haunted house.

Saya's arrival earned a smile, taking him from the more depressing thoughts. Her bow earned the laugh. "Why are you bowing? I might be a level above you but I'm still a trainee like yourself. And yeah," he held out his hand, "Marcus Hasan, and you're Saya correct?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:52 pm
"You have senority." Saya explained, taking his hand briefly. "Marcus Hasan .. I'm Sayaka Valens." She took a halting step forward as she spoke, her fingers lacing and unlacing behind her back in a partially hidden and flustered gesture, the butterflies slowly starting to land in her stomach, one by one.

At least, by now, she had gotten to know the dorms.

"How long have you been here, Marcus?"

iStoleYurVamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm
She was dainty wasn't she? Well, a moon was a moon, and it didn't matter much to him. "Well senior or not, We're a bit on the same level. Don't think much of it. Anyway, welcome to the Moon division, we can walk while we talk if that's alright?" He motioned her to follow him, heading out of the dorms and towards the Life labs. It would be like the other tour, and thankfully, the day was pleasantly warm, but not to the point of being muggy.

"I've been here a little around half a year I think, and if you're worried about adjusting the worst is just the lack of the internet, but, stuff passes quickly enough. Now, we're on our way to what you've probably already been to at least once. The Life labs house not just the labs, but the infirmary, and a few other lovely things. As far as we moons are considered, I don't think we have much interaction aside from when we need to get patched up. Ah right-" The labs came into view. "I take it you're met Dr. H and Clarice already too?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:37 pm
She nodded, following into step alongside him. Her eyes trailed along the scenery as he spoke, the tension fizzling out of her frame. "We've been introduced. It was a rather .. morbid demonstration, to say the least." Saya tried to put the phrasing respectfully but it was rather difficult when recalling the explosion of Clarice.

It was a good thing that Saya wasn't into internet very much.

"Is it always that eventful around here?" Saya referred to a combination of what Marcus was saying and the orientations, elaborating as she went on. "You know .. Leaders popping in and out leaving behind very little explanation, explosions and that sort of things?"

She was a little concerned as to how Deus could afford all this. But that wasn't a huge concern in the overall scheme of things, just a little curious concern in the corner of her mind.

istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm
She got a small laugh. "What did he do this time? Slit her throat, shoot her in the face? The poor woman puts up with so much of his s**t. I think it's his way of saying hello to the trainees, see if they can stomach it?" He wasn't sure what went through the doctor's head, but often enough, Marcus was okay with not knowing. "As for being eventful.. depends who you're talking to. We have monsters that attack sometimes, missions, division leads being... division leads. Julie. Things are pretty dull most days as we sort of make our own routine. Then we have something happen, monotony is broken, and we move on. As for leaders popping in and out yeah, you'll have to get use to it sadly. They aren't fond of... in depth."

"Anyway, the labs there isn't much to say what I haven't said already. Just watch out for anything 'experimental'. They're always looking for Guinea test subjects. But Clarice is really nice actually, so if you have a problem, she's cool. We can head over to the main complex unless you'd like to explore here."

Random Artist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 am
"S-she .. explonded." Saya whispered, burying her expression into her hands, at the thought of the incident. She regained some composure as Marcus talked, peeking into places that they passed by.

"I think I can explore the labs at a later time. It's good enough for now, to know the place so I don't get lost all the time." Saya suggested, although she couldn't yet conjure much interest in the labs. Science had never been a strong subject for her. Especially when it concerned looking for guinea pigs-- Did Saya want to end up as a guinea pig?

"I forgot to say, I really appreciate the tour, Marcus." Saya flashed an apologetic smile, shaking her head.

Istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 am
Ah yeah that sounded like something Dr. H would do. "Think of it as a rite of passage. And sad to say exploding golems are the least of your worries. " Try dead bodies rotting around you and being told you're disposable. He'd keep that bit to himself. She looked uncomfortable enough.

As the reached the main complex he shook off her compliment. "Least I can do honestly it's not... easy to adjust in a lot of ways. We were, er the Strays that is, pretty much the first fresh batch of hunter trainees to show in a while. Nobody really holds your hand here and as a result you've got to kind of learn a lot on your own but this? This is the least I can do, if mostly because a lot of the rest you'll have to learn on your own?" He scratched the back of his head. "If that makes sense. Anyway, the main building."

It was pretty impressive really. "Most of our missions and briefings are here, and the hunter offices and lecture halls are here too. Cafeteria, library, gym, the vastly overpriced vending machines, you can find it all here. Though honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Julie work.... Unless it was baking. In which case stay as far away as possible."

Random Artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am
Deus was impressively large! Saya couldnt help but stare around her as Marcus lead them through the rooms, knowing that it would eventually become a mundane ordinary sight. But for now, she was simply amazed! She'd be spending a lot of time at these places so she wanted to make sure she knew them well.

"I got it. Baking, kitchens and Julie don't seem to mix, from what I've heard .." Saya seemed to be warned away from this "Julie" quite a bit. But she would never understand the true dread until she experienced a chocolate sewer event in the nearby future. She looked around, turning and glancing.

"Does this conclude the tour then? Or is there more about the island that I dont know about?" Saya guessed they reached the end of the road, unless Marcus had a few more surprises. Her voice was pleasant, although a little overwhelmed and confused. She would have to learn to operate on her own, wouldn't she? That was .. Well, it wasn't new to Saya. But the thought hitting home made her realize she was really alone. She was in a completely new place, forced to start over, although it had apparently been her choice.

Istoleyurvamps

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 am
A shake of his head. "It's like apples and hamburgers. Just- no. Not good. She's- she's her own brand." He would always warn about Julie. Always. The main building and the labs were covered-

"Can be if you want. All that is left are the training fields and the abandoned town but not much else. Fields are...basically what you see is what you get. Town is just a bunch of broken buildings slowly being repaired. Could go to the outposts, but, you'll be assigned duties soon enough that it's not really worth the effort."

Random Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:23 pm
Apples and hamburgers.. sounded like they could have mixed well but in a way, it sounded like it would decidedly not mix well. She nodded, her hand sliding under her hair at the back of her neck to pull out some confining locks of hair. "Then that concludes it then." Looking around, Saya was getting a fair idea of where everything was located and possibly who to go to.

Bowing slightly to Marcus, her hands folded neatly on her thighs. "Thank you. It really was an informative tour."

Istoleyurvamps
I GUESS WE'RE DONE NOW IDK

revenant aria

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:26 pm
He nodded. One thing to mark off his list of things to do that were not patrolling duty but still helpful. He bow caught him a bit off guard but he waved it off. "No problem. I'll see you around Saya."  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games