Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Just some hunting jitters... (Aruná, Cythraul)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 am
User ImageAruná hadn't been this nervous before a hunt in a very long time. She told herself it was just hunting nerves at least, but the real reason was that she was going to meet the dark lion again. What if he changed his mind and didn't show up? What if... Why was she even worried? She was just going to hunt with him and try to figure out if they could safely let him into their little group.

Udongo had wanted to come, but Aruná had managed to talk herself out of that. It might be a bit risky, but she wanted to keep him to herself a little while longer. This time her sister knew where she was and who she was meeting, but she hadn't told Janja'nafsi about him. The warrior might get the wrong idea or insist to accompany her and she couldn't talk around him the way she did with Udongo.

She slowed her pace as she drew closer to the meeting place, willing herself to appear calm and collected despite the slight quickening of her heart rate. Hunting nerves. Just hunting nerves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 pm
User ImageThey were meeting again, the dark female with the beautiful markings and a strong mind. She was interesting and different from other females that he had met. The male felt that she had some sort of secret even though she had told him about her old pride having troubles. On the outside he looked as if nothing was wrong but on the inside everything was moving at light speed. He was scared that she wouldn't show, that she'd find him too odd for her tastes. Honestly he didn't really want to join their little party if she asked, he wanted to steal her away and bring her home to Maestros, but alas he would contend to her wishes very unlike him. What was it about her that made him want to do anything for her? They had just freaking met! It was ridiculous.

That's when he could smell her, the winds carried her scent to him and he turned, once again dazzled by her beauty. She came! He licked his lips to try and get rid of the dry feeling in his mouth and around it. He couldn't possibly make a fool of himself now. How many women had he been around now? This was a piece of cake. Cythraul gulped before she got there, giving the barest whimper too.

"Aruná yer beautiful." The words falling from his tongue before he could stop them. "Um, er. I think we should get 'unting." Now he felt stupid. Geez, what had come over him.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 am
DavyJnah

Cythraul's greeting nearly made her lose her cool. The compliment seemed so raw and honest when he said it, but it might just have been the strange way he talked. Either way Aruná was unprepared and she felt hot all over. Had she been a human she might have blushed, but being a lion she simply looked flustered for a short while before composing herself again.

"Err... Thank you," she said, and then felt stupid for her choice of words. Thank you? Really? "Ah, yes. Hunting."

There was a small herd of antelopes in the area, and Aruná intended to slowly pick off the stupid ones in the group. Sooner or later the herd would relocate or grow too suspicious to be worth the effort, but for now they should be good targets. She had only hunted them once and they hadn't grown too skittish yet.

"Yesterday there were lots of antelopes grazing in that area," she indicated the direction with her head, "If they're still there our scents should be carried away from them by the wind."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 am
The dark male could see his words made her falter for a moment and although overjoyed that she didn't run away, he berated himself for making the situation a bit awkward. Not what he wanted to do in any sense. He was glad that she decided to get on the track of hunting and showing him where some good prey would be. Although he'd rather spend more time with her than hunt but if this would help their relationship at all, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

"Aye, downwind so we not be scarin' 'em. I 'ear ya." He sauntered along, taking point as he stayed downwind and low to the ground now. It didn't seem that any of the antelope had noticed their approach, which was very good despite the blazing sun. Of course, stupid animals as those... it was pretty easy to sneak up on them when you hunted these creatures down. "We be flankin' em 'spose."

Already he was getting ready to charge them. He had spied a few lame ones and a few young. Now just to startle them and give chase.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:51 am
DavyJnah

Aruna could feel Cythraul's scent, and found it slightly distracting for some reason. With the way the wind was blowing if she could scent him the antelope wouldn't be able to so it was all good. She stayed low and moved forward just a short way at the time, pausing now and then to make sure she didn't startle their prey too early. Their dark colouration was a disadvantage since it was harder to blend in with the dry grass, but Cythraul had it easier than Aruna. His black and grey pelt was almost rock coloured, while her fiery accents could easily give her away.

She nodded at his suggestion and moved even closer. An adult buck turned his head her way and she dropped to the ground, trying to will herself to become invisible. She could hear the animals move restlessly and wondered if they'd started to realise something was up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm
That's when Cythraul burst forward, he was close to them and roared to scatter the herd and drive them hard. Already a few of the beasts were crashing into each other in an attempt to get away. They were quick, but he wasn't going after the healthy ones. The dark male could see that there would be stragglers, lame and young. Had this been water buffalo they'd have to watch out for mothers and fathers returning to gore them away from their children. Though he didn't foresee many stopping for one lost member.

At the last stretch the male made an attempt to grab one of the lame ones before him, getting tired of chasing down prey and swung out a paw. Tripping it up and making it roll as he lept upon it and sunk his powerful teeth in. It was good to hunt with someone else. He looked over, dropping the beast from his mouth and grinned stupidly at Aruná.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm
DavyJnah

Aruná realised it would be hard for her to catch anything with her late start. She tried to drive the terrified animals towards her hunting companion instead. Being chased by two predators at once sent the animals into a panic and someone would hopefully make a mistake soon. Her claws grazed a flank, but she didn't manage to get a good grip. Cythraul had better luck and she grinned back when he looked up from his kill.

"That was fun," she said, and then examined her claws to see if she had managed to draw blood, "I nearly got one too, but it got away."

The largest ones always did, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:16 pm
Annchen

"Yer fine." The male said as he brought the dead beast closer to her, "Ye can share me kill. I'll be lettin' ya take the first few bites. What ye say to that lass?" He gave her a big toothy grin and pushed the meal closer to her.

What a girl. She would be great to go hunting with some more. If time would allow it. He didn't know when her journey would take her away from him or if he would go out with his crew. If that happened he wasn't sure when he could see her again. However he wasn't about to let that ruin the occasion.

That's when he had a question. "When do ye leave dis area?" He asked. He was going to be leaving this area soon. "I be needin' ta get back to me 'ome but I care for ye Aruna. I want ta see ye again, 'opefully soon."

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:01 pm
DavyJnah

"I'd like that," Aruná said, looking very pleased when Cythraul offered her the first bite. He didn't have to do that. She was just about to taste his kill when he asked his next question.

"I'm not sure," she said, "It depends..." She fell silent. She'd almost told him it depended on what the spriits told them, but no one in her little group could read more than the most basic signs. Birds flying... Basic stuff. Did the spirits even listen to them out here?

"Probably a few more days at least," she continued, "I guess it depends on how stupid these antelopes turn out to be. How about you?"

Hopefully for a bit longer at least... She would very much like to hunt with him again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:10 pm
Annchen

He grinned at her. A few more days with this lovely creature would be great. He wondered if he could take her back to his home. However he wouldn't push it. Continue to spend time with the lioness and see where it led. That would be fine.

"I be needin' to get 'ome. But I be back. I promise." He responded.

Once she took a bite of the kill he took a few mouthfuls as well until he was sated. It was time to get back home to his pride. With a bow of his head and a nuzzle --hoping that was ok -- and when she didn't swipe at him she bade her good bye. Not forever, just for a little bit before she left. He'd come back again, but he had been away for a few hours. He'd need to go home and recoup then he'd be back for this delightful feline.

-end-  

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas