Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Setting Sail (Calder x Barth) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Barth was not good at Scarentines. He could not keep track of Birthdays. He had never had an Anniversary, but he doubted he would be very good at that either. But with the beginnings of pink paper decorations in the dorm hallways, he had found his mind...wandering.

At least, he thought it was the decorations. Something. Something had triggered it. He couldn't concentrate on devices, or schematics, or classes.

The only thing he could think about was Calder in that damned tailored Victorian suit. He missed him, wanted him, and why wasn't he here? His room smelled less...earthy when Calder was in his own dorm. He spent a lecture thinking about how soft Calder was. His clothes. His skin. His hair. And when he slept...

He knew how Calder must have felt when he was delirious with fever.

It wasn't only Calder he thought about. For the first time in a month, he thought about Lilith with something besides misery. After the Student Council elections, and it must have been the elections, he hadn't been able to get into contact with her. One failing too many. She'd...tolerated a lot from him, and she had never been a tolerant person. Now it was suddenly easier to remember the sweeter moments, how she had fit just so on his lap, the things she would whisper and laugh about with her arms around his neck. She was cruel, yes, but it was one of her most interesting traits. And when her mouth had not been cruel, it had been...

Distracting. This was all extremely distracting. This wasn't even his sin set. He felt restless, and he was never restless.

And worse, maybe it was more than just- the sin-oriented side of things. That was alright. Respectable, even. But he wanted to...to do something for Calder. Something nice. He didn't even have ulterior motives, really. Except seeing him smile. And even if Lilith wanted nothing to do with him, he could probably send her....a little something. To brighten her day.

It was a miserable state of affairs.

He called Christof over to do some online shopping. Mostly the heavy typing.

In the end, he ordered three outfits (comfortable, if admittedly on the frilly side) and a baker's dozen of carrot cupcakes to be sent to Calder's door.

Lilith got a bouquet of wilted purple roses and some follyjox fear treats. ...A lot of follyjox fear treats. He wasn't sure what the number was up to, now.

And that reminded him of who he had to thank for Lilith's suddenly chilly attitude towards him. Well, maybe she wasn't entirely to blame. But he ended up ordering Riley the most prettily-wrapped box of sugar-coated brain chunks he could find.

He didn't plan to poison her, just irritate her a little.

While he waited for the gifts to arrive, he was just as useless. Notes turned into loopy renditions of Calder's name and his binding sigils looked suspiciously like hearts. Sleeping felt lonely. He sighed wistfully more than he talked, and instead of reading his Curses book he switched to Spells. He felt drawn to the Love Spells...a chapter he usually found silly at best and droll at worst. Very short, flattering poems came to mind. He stayed in this goopy, preoccupied state Calder rescued him. Something about boats. He was wearing one of the outfits Barth had sent him, and that smile had been worth picking through websites. He should have bought Calder twenty outfits. One hundred.

He was so grateful to have Calder's hand in his claw that walking, for once, felt more like floating than dragging.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:51 pm
It wasn't a wonder to anyone that Scarentines would get to Calder. He was gaining a reputation for being a romantic, and he had more than enough students asking him to keep his eyes peeled and his ears up for any singles that might be suited for them. There was even a little book he was keeping now with names and short descriptions just for these occasions, and he feeling rather smug about being a experienced match maker. It was the season for it, and he felt the swelling in his chest that feeling of actually having someone to share it with. Last year had been interesting to say the least, and while he had liked Invictus, nothing compared to the feelings he had to Barth. With his room filled with romance novels, rather dirty magazines, and his own books of bad writing, poems, and love-drooling scribbles, he was already surrounded by the ideas of romance. Now - Now he was in some other realm of compete, love-sick helplessness and he felt completely lost in sighing. Too speechless to hold a coherent talk with a stranger, too distracted to go running without running into a tree, and far too many thoughts orbiting a nexus of loves and lovers that doing homework was one of the many little laughs he was issuing out at random to himself.

Every so often, he would open his Eyephone to send Barth a text, laugh at how silly he was, revise it, but never send it. His memory was quickly filling up with unsent love letters, simply, sappy inquires, and any random thought from "What is your favorite song?" to "How many grandchildren would you want?" It was all silly, and he wound up shaking his head at himself. In the end, he simply felt that Barth KNEW what he was thinking and that sending it was unnecessary. Instead, he continued writing stories, the cast of a strapping, tender kelpie and his unicorn hero being replaced with a hero, with long, drawn out descriptions of 'moon-lake blue skin' and 'bristle chest'. The phrase "ebony trophy of his manhood" had earned a devious giggle from the boil who, while writing with his fluffy green pen, thought he was clever with coming up with various ways to say horn. "Though I would much rather have his clothes mounted on my wall." He would whisper to himself. There were also poems. Strings of rhymes here and there all over a notebook that was suffering from the kelpie's lovesick abuse.

"With lashes closed, and mouth parted,
with lips a rose-dead blue,
Do you know, while you're rest
You've made my dreams come true?"

It was hopeless to think of anything else, and he would simply lay in the covers, with the jacket he "borrowed" from Barth's, burrowing deep within the fabric and imaging he was there holding him. Warm, soft, and having the mingling musk that was a mixture of incense, bath soaps, and his natural perfume. It all made him tired, and he fluttered between dreams and daydreams, and between his current love and past. To a young faun he met when he was young, who laughed with the other boils and ghouls in his herd as they played music and teased him by the woods. Passing through, and playing along, and toying with him. Who never invited him to play until one day, to string his hopes along, he asked him over, and played hide and seek, and in passing kissed him in some dark shadow of a dying tree to tease him, before returning to the others and their hurtful words. Still, in this time, the stinging pain was subsided with a stronger focus on the quiet kiss between them, and how very lovely his lips had been for a boil who played the panflutes all day. There were others. Cade, who had promised to return to him, and called him lovely for a magical night at Florestival. There was also the horseboil, Invictus, who's serious only made Calder want to strive to make him smile, and how pouty he looked, and how he sometimes wished to go back and make that night more unforgettable for him in return - instead of stealing a kiss at the doorstep before leaving him alone. They didn't talk since.

A knock stirred him awake, and he opened the door to mail, not in a leaf-wrapped package, but in shimmering green paper, and another parcel wrapped in string. He signed for it, awkward as it was the first thing he ever did have to sign for, and set them in his room. The note was read, and he was delicate with the paper, wanting to keep it, before opening them both. Whatever boils there were before, Barth had secured his place at the top in a gesture that had the boil gasping and looking around, desperate for someone to freak out with. As he was out of company, and Fester having long since slithered away to get some peace from all the heavy sighing, Calder worked on removing each item. The outfits were beautiful, and he was amazed that it was not one, but THREE given. He felt spoiled and guilty in return, and he was left swooning at the cupcakes that were too pretty, too perfect to each - thought he went through 4 in less than a few minutes.

Whatever small string of willpower was keeping him away from Barth snapped, and he was frantically grabbing things, set on a new agenda.

Soon Calder was freshly river-washed, dressed in one of the lovely outfits the boil gave him, and off to make preparations in record speed. He arrived at Barth's door step with a smile, a kiss, and a quick grab for his claw before dragging him out. Trotting through the campus grounds and into the woods, Calder almost melted into the scenery. His tailored coat was dark green, his vest a forest brown with golden, swirly leaves about it. Glimmering buttons dotted up the front, and instead of a kilt, a pair of tan pants were tailored for his unique legs. It was weird to feel them, but he continued on. He didn't leave himself time to talk or breathe as he sent to aw the boil as much as he awed him.

He stopped only when they met a patch of swamp, and there, set upon it, was a boat. It was aged on the outside, weather worn, but inside was a wicker basket covered in cloth, and pillows of every assortment made a curved place to rest for two. A umbrella stuck out at an angle in case anything might drop overhead. Turning about, Calder, smiling from ear to ear, kissed Barth on the lips again. "Go on a boat ride with me. I made it nice and soft, and I know that nothing here will eat our boat." His tail flicked back and forth with anticipation, a fat, green bow tied about it's base but left unbraided.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:22 am
The boat itself was on the rustic side. An old rowboat. But the heap of colorful pillows looked inviting. "It's not the boat that's in danger," Barth said, kissing Calder again for emphasis.

He eased backwards, still holding Calder's hand, into the soft boat interior.

"Oh, I missed you. I can't think about anything else," he confessed. He hadn't meant to, but his thoughts were jumbled together in a heady rush.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm
the confession delighted him to no end, and the cromson cushion he rested upon after kicking the shore and setting the boat adrift matches his complexion. "I'm glad. I always eat to be on your mind. You are constantly on mine. I haven't been able to do a thing without being reminded of you." He settled against the demon, nuzzling his neck. "Your smell...your skin...I'd see Nurse Cricket, that is IF I wanted to be cured." Je grinned before nipping the boil's ear. He couldn't help feeling frisky and energetic this close to him, and he wrapped his arms about the boil, letting his hands dance about his person.

"I loved your presents. You know you don't have to spoil me. You're enough of a present for me."

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm
"I love to spoil you," Barth said, relaxing between the pillows and making his own touches light, so he wouldn't scratch or snag. Calder's other clothes were nice, but fabric couldn't compare with his skin and fur. Keeping it in a rough weave was like putting a model's hand in a work glove.

As the boat slipped into the water, the feeling of the firm, muddy bank traded out for buoyancy. The boat dipped with every shift in weight. He could still hear the water lap against the mud and moss but now it broke rhythmically against the boat's sides. It was wet, and chilly for October. Calder was warm. Barth pressed closer to him.

"You're wicked, luring me out here." The pillows were more effective than any set of chains. "But it would have been worse to keep me waiting. Being with you, without you...it's torture."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:08 pm
He laughed at that. "Demon's aren't the only ones who can be wicked. I can be rather dark at times, myself." He played with Barth's hair, letting the navy curls slid between his fingers. "Maybe I should slip out of this boat then...and let you suffer for a while longer without me....." His ivy-green eyes dropped down to Barth's own. "I could?" He made a motion to get up to do just that.  

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm
"Oh yess," Barth said, claws wandering to Calder's hair in turn. "You've been darker lately."

The light touches tightened. "No." He said, and struggling to make his voice something besides desperate, "...No. Don't leave. Why is trying to keep you in one spot like trying to grasp water? It's worse than chasing nymphs. Not that I've ever chased any, rather a lot of running about involved."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:20 pm
He laughed as he flopped back down upon the cushions, the boat creaking back an forth as it splashed about the water to then slowly drift once more. It was going in no real direction, as it simply floated through the water. "Maybe I just get a kick out of you calling out to me....but ya know.." Calder played with tracing the designs on the demon's vest as he smiled. ".....all you have to do is call out to me, and I'll come. Ya can even whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you?" He looked up as loosened Barth's cravat.  

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am
Barth wet his lips, and said, "I err...I could do with a refresher course."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 am
Calder smiled, giddy at the response. Shuffling to prop himself up partially on the cushions and partially on the demon, Calder began to demonstrate. "You just purse your lips ever so, and then..." He whispered, tilting himself to brush some of Barth's hair aside to expose his ear. ".. you blow." He blew softly in his ear until a soft whisper sang.  

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm
The worst torture. He wasn't sure how his brothers lived like this. Sloth, he knew. It was the opposite of heat and tension.

Thorns coiled under the cushions, creeping into the snug corners of the boat. Barth's claws slid down to play with Calder's other bow. "Mm~" His mind went through a very quick set of hopeful processes, then, with some unfortunate dead ends. They were on a boat. On campus, probably, but very far from his bedside drawer. Solutions. He was good at that, but in all that daydreaming he could have thought to- but surely Calder had...

"What's in the basket?" he asked.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm
A sharp breath escaped him as he felt Barth play with his tail, and he shifted slightly to the touch. It wasn't something typically toyed with, and was sensitive at the base. Despite it looking like a long mass of silky hair, it did have a slender tail inside hidden under the long locks. He tried to appear aloof about it, but his face flushed from the surprise. They were becoming more comfortable around each other, and Calder felt his heart race more and more often around Bath. He had kissed boils, and was naturally friendly around others. Hugging and touching wasn't uncommon for him, but this level was an intimacy level he hadn't reached with his few, less approachable boilfriends. Then again, he hadn't been with anyone this long before. It sometimes made him panic just thinking about how badly it could end, and how bad it would hurt if he screwed it up and it ended. Having Cade go, even after spending one day together, had been horrible, and he cried more times than he could count. How bad would it be with this all ended after all this time?

His fingers held Barth more tightly.

...but then, the darker fog cleared, and he thought about where it was going. The future. The larger moments. The fade to blacks in his books that leaf him knowing and not knowing between the chapter breaks.

The question roused him from his more anxious thoughts, and he looked at the forgotten basket by the end of the boat. "Oh...just something I've been saving." Detaching himself, he crawled over and returned to set the basket beside them, parting away the cloth and showing a small tin, two wrapped carrot cupcakes, and a green, glass bottle capped with a cork. Two small, wooden cups were awaiting to be filled.

Calder took the jar, and smiled. "We have something special where I come from. There are large toads that live in the swamps, and every few years, they create nests. We collect the eggs, and then let them ferment for days in a sweet sauce. Then, just when they get a tad firm, we cover them in a candy coating." He opened the lid, bring out the sent of something dank yet sweet. He took out a vibrant colored orb, bite sized, about the size of a large grape, and speckled slightly like an robin's egg. Shuffling closer, he held one out. "I felt that it would be nice to share something sweet with you since you gave me a treat." Something he had been saving for a special occasion....or maybe this time, just someone very special.

"Say aaahhh" He said, holding the candy out.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm
Food. That made sense, why had he thought...and they hadn't really discussed...he felt a fluster of embarrassment.

He smiled anyway.

The cupcakes he had already tasted, after a fashion. Calder's kisses had been almost sugary. But the jar, and the dish inside, he'd never heard of. In the house of a Gluttony demon, that was a rarity. Barth opened his mouth obediently.

He savored the egg slowly, feeling the shell crackle apart and the rich yolk ooze out. And it was more than yolk. There was something else, too soft to be developed bones, and fermented too long to be chewy. It was soft, and juicy, and slimy. Salted from the river. There were bursts of flavor as the meat fell apart. He still tasted pieces of the sugary shell.

While Barth was a slow eater, he was not usually a picky one, and he had eaten his fair share of spoiled, stale, and overripe foods. He liked the slime and oil. Flavors were stronger when they had time to rot. Here, the fermentation had been calculated, the taste trapped and thick.

His mouth rolled in prickly, pleasant shock. He touched the corner of his mouth the curb some escaped juice, then sucked it off his claw.

"Toad eggs?" He repeated, and this time the smile was genuine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:55 pm
Calder smiled. "...and lots of love. Though, not just any ordinary toad, but if I gave too much away, I'd be trampled for exposing the whereabouts of a secret recipe. Just be lucky that you get to try some. I don't think many people get to even taste our food. I sometimes wish they could, then maybe I could have a nice meal without making it myself." He felt that pang of homesickness sting once more, but hid it under a smile. "It's best not to know either. It's a lot of work, and it's rather dangerous to take them, or too many. I guess they're worth the risk, and if you're going to do it for something, why not something sweet?" He took out another piece of candy, examining it. He'd risk his life for something sweet....

His eyes glances to Barth, before he shook off the serious notes and leaned against the boil, popping the candy into his mouth. He then pressed into a kiss, and then broke the shell between his teeth. It was a taste that was nostalgic, reminding him of happy, rainy days at home as a child. Of a feeling that made your heart light, and it fluttered even faster in response. He was happy to share it with Barth.

He broke the kiss and licked his lips, before popping the cork to the bottle. "I wish I had some Alfalfa wine to share, but I hear the gnomes would steal it even if I managed to smuggle it in. Mouse-ear Juice is nice enough though." He paused and smiled at Barth. "It's a plant, not a rat." He pointed out, before pouring the green liquid into a wooden cup for him than pouring himself a glass.

Once filled, he held the cup up. "We should toast."

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm
Anything that good was always dangerous. He kissed Calder back anyway. Neither of them were safe creatures. Kelpies weren't renown for the most subtle techniques, but he could sympathize with their victims.

Barth accepted the wooden cup.

The river was Calder's territory. And here he was. In the middle of it, reclining on a flimsy boat, with only a few pillows and planks between him and the water. Not that he couldn't swim. Or hold his breath an unholy amount of time. But he wouldn't have waltzed into another demon's territory with the same willing ease he'd backed into the boat with.

There were more powerful poisons than ones a toad could produce, but he was suffering from a different kind of fever. And gladly. He should be taking notes. And for all the teasing about danger, at the core of it he felt...safe. Willing to be here. Comfortable against Calder and with the sound of the waves against the shore. This wasn't a hunter's cage, he could hold Calder without worrying it was his last few moments. It was...nice. Disarming.

"What should we drink to?" he asked.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces