Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Defenders
Reasons why AoE & Mechassault DS aren't online: Gate$ maybe?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ayukichan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:49 am
They're Microsoft properties right? Microsoft's got Xbox Live, a pay to play service, and apparently doesn't want any licensed 3rd party offering free online play with its own franchises. In other words, they want money, so unless it's charged M$ will not permit any online play. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:10 pm
well that sucks! Microsoft has more than enough money, they shouldnt be collecting s**t from a game released on Nintendo!  

RAPTOR948

N t e r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:56 pm
You mean on the Nintendo DS.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:56 am
N t e r
You mean on the Nintendo DS.

Yeah. gonk It sucks because while you get all these awesome online experiences from M$ on Xbox, none of it is allowed on DS because of potential infringement of their policies and Xbox Live. Put it this way: Nintendo wants people to play online for free, while Xbox live is a PAY TO PLAY service! Any use of online play for M$ franchises on other systems is hence prohibited unless they state otherwise. Besides if they come into the portable market then what would be the point? mad  

ayukichan

TurMacar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:11 pm
Are you sure they're Microsoft property? I kinda thought they were third party....

...but I dunno.

The could announce it later, or it could be the games are too intense to be able to have online because it would lag lots on the DS....but again I dont know....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:13 pm
I Macar
Are you sure they're Microsoft property? I kinda thought they were third party....

...but I dunno.

The could announce it later, or it could be the games are too intense to be able to have online because it would lag lots on the DS....but again I dont know....

Check the copyrights and trademarks or the ads for AoE and Mechassult. Trust me, they belong to Microsoft. neutral  

ayukichan

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:15 pm
I lol at greediness.

ayukichan
I Macar

...but I dunno.

Check the copyrights and trademarks or the ads for AoE and Mechassult. Trust me, they belong to Microsoft. neutral

If so, what confuses me is, why do they actually make the games for Nintendo? If they belong to Microsoft, I don't think they would want to make a copetitors games more popular. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 am
MS has NO SAY WHAT SO EVER in what happens in the Ds versions of AoE and Mechassult.

Why? Well because they are not 1)Developing the game and 2)They are not publishing the game.

I am no MS fan, infact Im just more of a user than a fan but I hate the way now that MS is seen as a money eating company and Gates is known as this figure that love money.

What ever happens in these two games it is all the publisher or developer's idea, not MS's. Also MS has the publishing rights only and my have lent the rights to another publisher.  

Gaughan
Crew

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm
which reminds me.

Microsoft has no control over the gaming wing anymore. if a company is labeled "Microsoft games" it isnt really owned by microsoft, but seen as a gaming license. a 3rd party company. it explains why AoE and Mechassault were on the DS and not exclusive to the Xbox260.

then again, it could be a hint as to Microsofts xbox dying, and with suspiciouns of console development death, it could hint to Nintendo gaining all licenses made by Microsoft. look at how Blizzard made so many games for Nintendo, BlackThorn, Starcraft64, Lost Vikings. it could be that Microsoft is admireing the sheer quality of Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:06 pm
Sometimes you come off like your bashing Nintendo's competition more then your defending Nintendo itself...

They won't be online because the people making the games don't want them to be.
If it was because M$ owned them, they wouldn't let them make it for another system in the first place.

That said, you shouldn't insult Live. While it is pay you play, you make it sound as if it's a bad thing.
Live is a good idea. A very good one.
It's allowed poeple to play games with other poeple, and now even Sony and Nintendo realize just how important that factor is, as both next gen system will be able to do it from the get go.  

stythe

Nintendo Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff