Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 v 1] A lesson that you'll take to heart(Jordan/Dakota)[C]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:21 pm
He knew this day would come. He had, after all, violated a girl's precious undergarments with his perverted, yet tactical maneuvers. As if getting a beating from Reine wasn't enough, Dakota had received a message from one of the older, if not, more admirable older hunters...and from the Sun division no less.

Jordan Miller of the Sun hunter brotherhood had left him a polite, if not terrifyingly overwhelming message about meeting him on the training grounds.

To be honest, Dakota hadn't really talked to the Sunny hunter besides the last few missions, one where he got promoted and one where they had helped Julie decimate little minipets.

At first he thought it might about his eccentric little moon huntress's, though Dakota had no idea why Jordan would feel the need to talk to him about it (Julie, cause it's not Dakota could do s**t about it...)...but then he had continued reading the note, where Reine's name had been mention and blanched. Reine was friends with Jordan? Then he knew what it was about.

So yes the day had finally come, He was going to get his a** handed to him again.

"For all the trouble of flipping one girl's skirt, and I am getting beat up by so many people." But Dakota wasn't a coward and what he had done, whle perverted and funny at the time, had him thinking that he needed reevaluate his perverted antics. Flipping skirts was looking like it was the worst option of all he had done.

So like the little boy he was, he came to the training grounds with Chama tucked in her sheath and prepreation for what was to come. Just please don't kill me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 pm
It had been little more than a passing mention in conversation, true; but Jordan had taken note and remembered what Reine had said. Flipping skirts? Perverted idiots? She'd said that she'd given the perverted idiot in question a good beating, yes, but Jordan felt that really, it was his obligation to be quite sure that the person in question had learned his lesson. One did not mess with anyone under Jordan's personal protection and expect to get away without consequence.

He was waiting for Dakota, a small, fixed smile on his face and Ferros already summoned and propped across his right shoulder. "Hey," he said cheerfully when the younger man turned up. "You know what this is about, right?"  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pixie Nyxie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:46 pm
Dakota eyed the sun hunter before sighing, flipping Chama out of his sheath before gulping. In comparsion, Dakota could already tell he was going to regret not running away. But at least he was facing this like a man.

"I do." He nodded before moving Chama up. Staring at the size comparsion of his weapon to Jordan's. Oh god, I am going to die...I am so going to die.

"I....haven't apologized to her yet, so I know that your going to kill me but...can you not actually kill me?" Dakota gulped again, "Cause you know....I was being really immature and perverted flipping her skirt up and...stuff"

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:52 pm
"Actually killing you would be pretty useless, because then you wouldn't be around to make a proper apology." Jordan smiled pleasantly at Dakota. "Flipping skirts won't get you anywhere except on the floor and in pain. Being gentlemanly and polite, on the other hand, gets you everywhere."

He swung Ferros down and back, settling into a ready stance. "You see," he said, "being an a*****e just pisses everyone off. It makes the girls angry, and it makes anyone else who cares about them angry. And that's just completely counterproductive. If you want to get anywhere with anyone, they have to like you first. You see my point?"  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 am
He sighed in relief at Jordan's words before nodding. Whether he died or not was decided. He just wondered how much this was going to hurt and how long he'd be out for. "Reine taught that to me very well." Dakota winced as he remembered just how bad he had been.

"I didn't realize though that others would get so upset...I did it as a joke after all..." He rubbed the back of his neck with one hand as the other took Chama out. Just what the hell was he going to do with the big a** hammer coming at him and his little Dagger. "I...No not really." Okay he was being completely honest now. When he started out here, he didn't care really if people liked him or not but now....He had made many angry at him.

"I don't....know how to make people like me." Dakota shrugged, "I was always told to be yourself and then...when you do people dislike you anyways....." He looked at Jordan before looking away, "But didn't mean to make Reine that upset...Or You..."

He didn't make a move to attack or defend himself. Jordan wanted to work off the anger at Dakota, and Dakota was feeling pretty bad about it already so...first hit was all Jordan's.

Chama almost seemed amused by the development underway. he knew that he should've listened to his weapon a lot more but...you could pretend not to be so happy I am getting my a** kicked again...

The phoenix flared,

Is that what they were doing?

"Um is there a less painful way for me to learn my lesson?"

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 10 Total: 20 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 am
Jordan studied Dakota's face thoughtfully. The kid actually seemed genuinely apologetic. Still, there was the principle of the thing. "Jokes are funnier when everyone's laughing," he advised. "Embarrassing jokes work much better if you know the guy. Embarrassing jokes on girls ... well, that's likely to get you kicked in sensitive places. If you don't know them at all, save the underwear jokes for later."

He shrugged. "Reine's like family to me. You understand, right? Anyone who freaks her out, I've got to smack around a little. You wouldn't flip your cousin's skirt. Or your sister's. That's just not right. Think of it that way. At least until you know they're not going to get upset if you tease them, give them the same kind of respect you would your family. You can't go wrong like that."

Then he grinned, eyes narrowing. "Otherwise ... someone's going to want to beat you." There was no further warning; he stepped and spun, and Ferros slammed into Dakota's shoulder at full speed.

HP: 50/50
Damage: 14
Charge: 1/3 | 0/1, 0/2  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pixie Nyxie rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-16)

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 am
"I can see that now...." He nodded fervently, ".......I suppose that's true as well...And Reine did kick me there..." He mumbled before looking away, "She even told you about the underwear part? She must really....really hate me..." Not sure why but that kind of hurt Dakota. He didn't want her really to hate him, perhaps mess with her a bit but....it had been a simple joke...honestly!

His eyes narrowed at the thought of someone flipping his little sister's skirt before smacking himself in the forehead. Jordan had a really...really good point. God dammit it all man. He was feeling worst as this battle went on. "I didn't know you thought of her like that, and your right, Should've respect-" He didn't even get to finish the sentence as Jordan's hammer swung into him, right into his should and had him flying back.

Oh sweet jesus.

Chama shrilled in his head as he hit the ground with a dull thud, grunting as he felt the pain from the hammer. If he didn't have the FEAR shield, that move alone would've killed him. Instead of that though, it dislocated his shoulder and had him sweating in pain as he pushed it back, a yelp escaping as he stood up.

"God damnmit man..." That honestly really hurt and had Dakota frowning. Switching his hands with Chama, he moved slowly, assessing the damage to himself and then his arm. Right now, he could seriously mess up his shoulder if he battled with it, it looked like it be with his left.

"So just how do I make it right then? Do I let everyone beat me up until they feel better?" Dakota gritted his teeth as he swung Chama up in a uppercut. "How....do I apologize to Reine then?"

Dakota: 26/40
Damage: 6
Charge: Phoenix Blessing - The barrier 0/3

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:58 am
"Everybody's someone's kid, or sister, or brother," Jordan said, and waited for Dakota to get back up. "And everybody's someone. If you wouldn't want someone to pants you, don't pants them. Or flip their skirt. Same thing. You get me?"

He didn't dodge Chama's blade, just letting Dakota get a shot back; fair was fair. "You don't have to let everyone beat you," he said, and rolled his shoulder with a grimace, shaking off the pain of the slice. "It's just better if you don't earn it in the first place." He took a step back, meeting Dakota's eyes steadily. "Jokes are good. Everyone needs to blow off steam, and laughing's a good way to do that. But making somebody into a joke just sucks."

"As for apologies, best way to do it I've found is just do it. Say you screwed up and you're sorry, and don't try to make excuses. And then don't do it again. Saying sorry goes a long way, but showing you learned better goes farther." His swing was almost lazy this time, much slower and less painful.

HP: 44/50
Damage: 5
Charge: 2/3 | 0/1, 0/2  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pixie Nyxie rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-16)

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 am
Dakota grimaced again as he took Jordan's words. It seemed that of all the hunters he had met, Jordan was the maturest of them all. What he said only made Dakota think hard on what he thought he was entitled after he became a hunter before dropping his head.

"I got you..." He sighed before looking away, "I forgot the mannerisms I left at home I guess. When I chose to become a hunter, I forgot that part of me that should've still been Dakota." He looked down again, at Chama. "I thought I was entitled to do whatever I wanted...I guess. Cause I was all pwoerful now and gave up my life to hunt this and s**t..." Dakota laughed at himself.

"And then I got the idea that I could have fun here by teasing others....I mean It wasn't bad at first, but then it got worst..." He thought of Reine must've felt before looking away, "I don't actually think Reine is a washboard after all. I mean I don't even really know her....except that she can kick my a**."

He shook his head, "I didn't blow off steam, I just did it...cause I could." Emo moment for Dakota as he sighed. Ack, this growing up stuff sucked.

He looked at Jordan again before...."You think its that simple?" He blinked as the hammer came at him before turning himself to the left, taking the blow. It wasn't as hard as the first hit but hurt nonetheless.

Wincing...he cringed as he pivoted to strike at Jordan before bringing his arm back to him. Foolish he thought to himself, during Jordan's last attack he had instinctively switched his left hand to his right and so attempted to swing Chama with his bad shoulder.

Chama's heat flared in his right hand, having him switch to the other again. This was the first time that he had felt Chama burn him.

Do I even really have a choice anymore?

Dakota: 21/40
Damage:
Charge: Phoenix Blessing - The barrier 1/3

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 am
Jordan smiled lopsidedly. "Think Spiderman, dude," he advised. "With great power comes great responsibility, right? Iron Man gets away with being a jerk, but we can't all be multimillionaire playboy geniuses. Not sure anyone here can, actually."

Did it because he could - that hit a little closer to home than Jordan liked, but he let it pass. It'd be crappy and hypocritical to tell Dakota not to be an a** and then be an a** himself. He was already walking a fine line with this spar as it was. Where did revenge become lesson, and vice versa?

"Simple? Not really. Owning up and taking what you get for it is hard," he said. "And unpleasant. Better if you do it before you can talk yourself out of it." A small and rueful smile. "Better in the long run, but heck if it's not completely embarrassing." He shrugged. "But it works better than trying to tell yourself it's not your fault."

HP: 44/50
Damage: -
Charge: 3/3 | 0/1, 0/2  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pixie Nyxie rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-16)

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:47 am
Dakota's eyes widened before nodding. How could Jordan just simply put into words just what Dakota needed to hear. Regardless that it was said in such...a nerdy way.

He laughed though at the idea of the comic book hero's...Not like laugh at haha your a nerd but more of that....they just fit so well with what he was telling Dakota. I mean...Iron man?

"So wait, I'm Iron Man?" He grinned before chuckling, "Wait wait, I'm kidding okay. But I see what your saying though. Alright..." Dakota held his hand out to Jordan. "It might take me a minute or so for it to settle in my head, cause I'm still young and all but....If you don't mind a few mistakes every now and again, I'll try not to disappoint you after this."

Something he looked forward to now was...becoming someone like Jordan, or the other older hunters. Someone to be respected.

"haha no kidding....I'm already nervous. Last time I saw her was right before I knocked out and saw the back of my eye lids." He rubbed his chin. "Do you take anything to apologize to a girl? Like should I take flowers as well or something, or should I just go as myself?" Dakota flustered, "But if she hates me then....Maybe she won't even give me the chance to make up for it?" He looked down.

"Ahhhhhhhh man, This is what I get for being so immature!" He rubbed the back of his neck before sighing. "Well then...I guess we'll just have to finish this spar first and then I will get on to the even harder part....."

He moved closer to Jordan before grinning, "Besides, this is a double lesson for me I guess. Life is a lot tougher for a hunter to be...."

Dakota: 21/40
Damage: 6

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm
Jordan laughed and shook Dakota's hand, his grip firm and confident. "You got a deal," he said. "Everyone makes mistakes. It's just what you do about it after that matters." He smiled. "No more lectures or anything. I'm still going to finish beating you, on general principle, but hey, good practice, right?"

He shook his head. "No flowers, or she might think you're trying to suck up. Which you're not, but if she thinks you are, you probably won't get a chance. Just tell her you want to apologize, then do it. If she yells at you, don't yell back, dude. Just look contrite. Big sad puppy eyes only if you can do it without looking fake."

He'd been paying more attention to the conversation for the moment; Chama got him solidly across the chest. "Good one," he said, and moved back, on his guard again. "Yeah, it's tough, but I have to say I like it. I would've spent the rest of my life trying to pretend I didn't see things in the dark and being afraid. This way, I can actually fight back."

He swung without warning again, though he was careful not to aim for the shoulder; he'd seen Dakota favoring it, and he didn't want to actually injure the kid.

HP: 38/50
Damage: 13

((THESE DICE OMG SORRY XD))  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pixie Nyxie rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Dakota nodded with relief when Jordan took his hand as well and they shook on it. If Jordan didn't mind Dakota's few and possibly every now again remarks or actions then Dakota would work extremely hard. He could have fun and still grow up.

At the mention of no flowers, his face fell though and he sighed. "Girl's...if you get serious about them are ten times more confusing then I thought. It was so much easier just to flirt and mess around....then to apoligizeeeeeee......" Dakota rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

"Thanks, I don't think you want me to go easy on you either. Even though your like...ten times stronger..." A point proven by the next move that sent Dakota to the ground. He could tell Jordan was aiming not for his shoulder but it didn't mean that s**t....IT STILL REALLY HURT.

"I think...I think you beat me up enough now okay haha." He was joking..ish of course. Jordan needed to see it to the end and so did Dakota. "Okay here I come back...." He returned the favor as Chama spit flame at Jordan, Dakota moving in another sweep of his feet.

Dakota: 8/40
Damage: 5

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 10 Total: 20 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 pm
"Well, it's not like girls are an alien species, even if they do seem like it sometimes. Treat them like people instead of walking sets of boobs and you'll do just fine." Jordan smirked.

Fire, Ferros rumbled with interest as Chama came slicing at Jordan again. I can do that.

I promised no killing, Jordan said.

Won't kill him. Much, Ferros said hopefully.

No killing, Jordan repeated firmly. Bruising only. He could finish this spar off, he figured; one more good hit would probably do it.

... he hadn't meant to hit quite that hard. "Dammit," he muttered, and desummoned Ferros, hurrying over to check on the kid.

HP: 33/50
Damage: 14 orz

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:56 pm
And Dakota didn't even get a chance to remark on it as he was hit by the hammer and then...black.

Dammit again? Was this all he could do in battles was pass out?

Dakota: -6 / 40

UNCONSCIOUS...

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces