Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Love On The Dance Floor Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 pm

User Image

Sparkling with the essence of pink and red, the dance floor resided under an enchanted ceiling of spiraling hearts, balloons in all shapes and sized, and blossoming roses. Dozens of students had free space to swing and sway to the music, the pristine wooden floors glowing with a vibrant pink hue to match the ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jessica slowly walked into the ballroom. The Slytherin girl was wearing pale makeup to to accentuate her porcelain complexion with ruby lips and her red hair up in curls. The dress Jess wore was green and black with a wide hooped skirt and a tight bodice holding up her busom. Long black gloves adorned her bare shouldered frame. Taking a deep breath, Jess had arrived alone hoping that someone would dance with her. This may be the ony event like this she'd ever have the opportunity to attend, so she was determined to make the most of it.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jessica waited looking around hopefully wishing that someone would ask her to dance.... or at least talk to her. If her condition wasn't cured, this may be the only chance she may have to dance. Pushing that thought back into the dark recesses of her mind, the porcelain redhead smiled wishing for someone to approach her. None of the boys seemed to be paying any attention to her whatsoever.

Jess' thoughts began to dampen her spirits, They only see me as a backstabbing Slytherin... They can't get past my blood... Does any boy.. or even any girl for that matter... I just want to dance.... and be held....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:32 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawChaserTaken by William Dante Nott the Third

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cathryn entered the ballroom, with Tay in tow. She stepped out onto the dance floor, and her breath caught. The room was beautiful, completely decked out in all shades of pink and red imaginable. The newly polished floor shown, and Cat felt hesitant to take a step out onto it.

She twirled around in her lovely blue dress, enjoying the feeling of standing alone in a large, gorgeous room, and felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. A ball gown, new shoes, wonderful hair, and the best boyfriend in the world: what could be better? A laugh burst out of her mouth, and she glanced around, hoping she wasn't making a fool of herself. She saw a pale red head standing alone, and moved to introduce herself. Her heels clicked on the wooden floor. "Hello there, I'm Cathryn O'Malley, but you can call me Cat or Kitty for short. This here is my boyfriend, William Dante Nott the Third, or Tay, 'cause his full name is a bit of a mouthful. What's your name?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 pm
Dance Floor User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

Within a sea of pink and varying shade of soft reds and even a few warmer violets stood a pillar of white with shades of green and even some red of his own. White dress shirt and pants matched well with the long white hair in a braid white the deep green vest matched the eyes of the boy looking out across the dance floor. A crimson red handkerchief was placed inside the right breast pocket of the vest to help add some festive color and contrast well with the green of both vest and eyes. Ronyo looked around at the loud color scheme that if not for the occasion would have Ronyo feeling he was in the wrong place.

In truth the boy was not sure why he had come, really he had no honest reason except a small amount of curiosity and the wish to observe and maybe even help a pair friends. Looking out to see small pairs of couples mingling with groups or even braving the dance floor Ronyo chuckled as he also noticed the occasional wall flower or shy shadow looking about and attempting to gain some measure of courage, regardless of house, and ask or just simply speak to the person they had hope to find here tonight.

It was then Ronyo noticed a familiar face, or two familiar faces but one seemed plastered with the emotion of hope. The second was of Tay, oddly attached to a pretty girl who appeared to be holding on to him with fond kindness. It was a sight worth of a grin that told the boy Tay was still, in some way, human. The look of hope belonged to Jessica Sassareth, a fellow house mate of the green and silver and she looked not to be looking for anyone in particular but simple just for someone. Ronyo could not stand by as a girl who wished to enjoy the festivities of a party was stopped not because of her own willingness but from others. With a smile Ronyo moved to the three where he heard the girl holding Tay's arm introduce herself as Cathryn O'Malley a name he was not entirely knowing of. Hoping to not come off as rude for interrupting the start of a conversation Ronyo smiled and gave a polite bow to all three and held out a hand towards Jess.

"I hope I'm not interrupting but I could not bear a beautiful girl not having at least one turn on the dance floor."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jess was slightly surprised by Cathryn approaching with Tay. The porcelain redhead nodded and smiled at the couple, "Nice to meet you, Cathryn, and of course, I already know Tay. I hope you're both enjoying the party...."

The young Slytherin girl was surprised by Ronyo bowing, asking her to dance like a nobleman out of one of her favorite books. Slightly taken aback, Jess could feel herself blush under her makeup, and curtsied, "I am honored that you you'd say that I'm pretty, and I would love to dance with you, Ronyo."

Jess placed a slender hand in Ronyo's and let him lead her out on the dance floor.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm
Dance Floor User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

leading the young lady onto the dance floor Ronyo held his smile as he had no reason not to. As he turned and lifted her hand up slight and placed a gently on her side he did his best to recall the basics his mother had shown him for the Summer Ball at the Notts estate. He had had no chance to attempt the lessons but now seemed as good a time as any.

"I shall do my best to keep your lovely shoes unmarred Jess."

Ronyo began to move with the music that had begun to play just before they had made their way onto the floor. The beat was slow enough to allow Ronyo time to sync with the beat and allow his feet to glide softly to the melody. He lead the red headed Slytherin through a few basic sways and steps doing his best to not step but slide and pivot. With a smile Ronyo pushed out and extended the hand that held Jessica's and then gave it a simple turn to spin the young lady a full rotation. As she came back Ronyo pulled her in and gave another simple turn as the girl spun again this time to come with her back to the white haired boy and then quickly be spun out the other direction with Ronyo's opposite hand and then pulled back in to return to the basic position of hand and waist.

"I hope you are enjoying yourself Jess, if I'm a horrible dancer I do apologize."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Ruby lips smiled back at Ronyo, as Jess allowed herself to swept across the dance floor. The green eyed redhead enjoyed the twirls executed by Ronyo. She was happy, "Ronyo, I don't think you have to worry too much over that." Jess enjoyed the music and occasionally hummed the tune that was played. Green eyes seemed to sparkle as they gazed at Ronyo's.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

There was no mistaking the auburn tresses over golden eyes as he followed alongside Cathryn O’ Malley, arms intertwined, and the click of his own dress shoes mimicked his every motion. Gliding along on air, he had been quiet and sheepish, admonishing only the feverish clicks of his tongue so that the ears of the Ravenclaw beside him could hear. As they approached another figure in green, he couldn’t help but wonder how Cat would react, if she only knew, what lurked in the pit of the serpents. As much as he tried to assure himself that she, would, in no sense of the term, be hauled into this mess he had created, he could only ever be so sure. But lingering deep inside, that spirit lurched to his fingertips and hid behind eyes of gold.

”Jess,” Tay greeted the Slytherin with a firm and simple nod. He lingered in the background, arm still infused with Cat, but mind long since swept to the undertow of thoughts. Until another voice approached, spinning, narrowing eyes captivated the newest Slytherin to the pit. ”Storm.” He not only acknowledged, but greeted with a stern stare, lacking in any warmth or glacier malice as was accustomed to him. His pride and arrogance may have held him there, but even he knew, this wasn’t his night…

It’s Cathryn’s.

A lingering silence perused, for just the moment, as his inquisitive gaze pursued both emerald clad third years, shortly before, his own attention unraveled upon Cat. ”Well, Kitty,” a smile fought to his lips, ”Care to dance?”

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:39 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Having encountered her date while lingering in the dungeons, Annabelle strode beneath the high arched frame leading into the Great Hall, and beside her, Devin Cloud lingered in tow. Bright, and brilliant eyes of pale misted green clashed against the tenacity of pinks and reds, the hues of love had only left a distorted imprint in her mind as the colors all meshed together to create a spectral of muddy browns and gray. She was sure that the illustrious décor would have been a sight to see, if, she could truly see it.

”Looks like we’re early.” Belle chimed over the instrumental music that glided along on its course. Several couples had already begun to dance, and as her gaze roamed over the vicinity she couldn’t fight back the forlorn smile. ”Tell me, is it beautiful—the room, that is?

“All of the colors look… the same.”

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Colors

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

The hustle and bustle of everyday life had taken a toll on Angel, though, when it had come to his attention that the school would be hosting a dance, he immediately knew, this was the relaxation he needed. Albeit, the duration of his relaxation would encompass keeping an eye on the students, but, he was quite sure that the students would give them no trouble this day—or at least he hoped. The radiating warmth of his chocolate focus darted between the professors already mulling around, and the students, already twirling.

He had his eyes set upon a certain source, the Herbology, or Potions professor. He knew those two were the best likely options for his newest efforts, and, was quite well aware of the connections Hess Caesar had while working under the society of Potioneer’s under Alfons Flint, a man he had encountered once or twice while on his own efforts for the quintessence of alchemy.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Second YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

"Well, it all depends on how you define beauty. The decor is quite the sight to behold. It is beautiful... but there is something right here that surpasses even this radiant sight," he hinted, a casual smile on his face. He hoped the line did not go over Annabelle's head, which it had a chance of doing. The young woman was completely beautiful, once again winning him over, just like the time at the Nott family ball last summer. He couldn't believe she accepted the question, which was exactly the opposite of what he expected. He expected to be rejected honestly, for he thought that someone like himself would never even be considered by a woman that is so...proper and elegant. But he's here...with her...right now.

Soon after he answered the question...he thought to himself. He finally remembered why she asked the question about the ball room... She is colorblind to certain colors. He couldn't imagine what she was seeing right at that point, and he couldn't help but feeling a little sympathetic. He would not dwell on it too much though, for he wanted to enjoy his night with the most beautiful girl he has ever laid his eyes upon. Those emerald green eyes of hers, the kindness, everything about her seemed to be perfect, but he knew her imperfections. But he really didn't care about them, for he thought that her imperfections made her even more perfect. As weird of a concept that was; it was true.

"Would you like to dance?" he said, motioning towards the dance floor. He knew she had two left feet at times, but that would be the fun about it. But you never know what Annabelle has up her sleeve. Maybe she was actually a great dancer. Devin was a pretty good dancer, for his sister had taught him how to slow dance if he ever ran into this situation. So he would sort of lead her in a way. That is what the male is supposed to do in ballroom dancing, but that is what his sister told him.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawChaserTaken by William Dante Nott the Third

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A red tint of embarrassment colored Cathryn's cheeks as she realized that Tay and Jess already knew each other, but she was saved the trouble of responding by another third year, asking Jess to dance. Then the soft voice at her side spoke, and she turned to face the boy who's arm she held. He called her Kitty, he least used, but favorite nickname!"I would love to dance, but I don't really know how." Her voice dropped off at the end, in mild embarrassment. She had led him to the dance floor, attracted by its beauty, then realized that she did not know how to dance, not even as clumsily as Jess' partner, Storm. 'Maybe Tay knows how to dance, being noble-born and all. He's probably danced with loads of girls!' She thought. 'Well, ask him! He is your boyfriend!' Taking his hands, she gazed up at the handsome pale face."Do you know how? Would you teach me?" Her pitch black eyes met his golden ones, waiting for his reply.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm
Dance floor User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

The tips from his mother apparently paid off, that and likely the boy's already nimble and graceful agility made him not to bad on the dance floor. He wasn't going to win any awards, or at least none that would come from a panel of judges. From the girl he danced with though, well the look in Jessica's eyes served as an award. On such a night as this one no girl should be left wishing on the edge of a dance floor, and the chivalry inside Ronyo all but roared at him to the task. That wasn't fair though, for it made it sound like Ronyo had been contractionily obligated to dance with the girl, it was not like that at all. Every girl deserved to fill like the lady she was inside, the princess, the angel, the queen they always saw themselves as or their father and mothers told them they were.

"I'm not going to get the evil eye from your boyfriend when he sees me dancing with you am I?"

((OOC: Apologize for taking so long to reply lady Skuld))  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

Out of breath and feeling more nervous than ever before, Charlotte stepped into the glorified room. Her blonde hair had been taken up into an intricate updo, and pinned at the back with a crystal comb. The dress she wore was the dress her mother had worn at her first ball, only modified a bit. The frilly sleeves had been removed, and a black satin sash had been installed so that the dress now clung to the wearer's curves instead of penciling down loosely. Her shoes, though a bit painful, were the precise color of her dress and boosted her height. It was a combo she never would have come up with on her own, and she thanked God for the floo network and her mother's keen sense of style.
Her first instinct as she entered was to search the room for the one person she cared about more than anything else in the world. She found this person in the arms of Ronyo Storm, a third year slytherin she didn't know very well. She watched as the two executed perfect maneuvers, gracefully twirling about the place. A bit of jealousy tickled her thoughts, and she wasn't quite sure whether it was for Ronyo or Jess. Still, she kept her cool and waited patiently for the music to draw to a finish. When it did, she timidly walked toward the pair, eyes gleaming. "H- hi Jess, you look very p- pretty," she spoke, her stutter appearing for the first time since year 1. "Ronyo." She curtsied a bit, politely smiling. She then just stood there awkwardly, unsure of what she should do. Being an extremely introverted and shy person outside of quidditch, it had been extremely hard for her to face what she was about to go through. There was no way she could do it alone.

User Image

Age: 13 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Very Nervous ❤ Location: Dance Floor

Thoughts: "I'm scared, Jess..."

Kat's Formal Wear

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas