Reply ..::The Hangout::..
Favorite Boss Battle(s) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soviet Titties v3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:19 pm
So guys, what were your all time favorite bosses from the Zelda series?

Here are mine:

>Molgera from WW. I just loved the battle song and thought the battle itself was pretty decent.

>That morpheel wanna-be in Twilight Princess, the one in the Lakebed Temple.
I thought that was pretty fun, especially when you got to chase it around. 8D

>The Mini-boss Horse Battle with King Bublin.
That guy is like, a *****. He tied a child up to a spear and toyed with him.

>Gohdan from WW. He's basically an Andross clone, but I have a thing for Automations.

>sasdfasdf-- The Tower of Winds boss from Four Swords Adventures.
It's so fun with four people.

>Koloktos. He's probably my favorite boss of all time. The battle...was just so much fun. ; A ;  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm
Seconding Koloktos. That was just a brilliant fight, with an awesome temple to match (my fav in SS!).

.......Also seconding Gohdan. My favorite WW boss, although not my favorite dungeon (one of the best though!). Agree with you that the music for the Molgera was epic too but the battle is always frustrating every time I do it. Stupid L-targeting confusion Dx

TP's Ganondorf fight. Four epic phases....a perfect finishing battle.
FISHING ROD LOL Zant was pretty interesting too, and I also enjoyed the Fire Temple boss. Jousting with the ***** Bulbin was ******** awesome. I felt like a damn god. 8D

Although it felt too short, the Demise battle in Skyward Sword was amazing. The very definition of epic.
BUG NET LOL

EDIT: Adding OoT's Ganondorf fight. Just finished my playthrough of OoT 3D....and while I had a relatively much easier time fighting Ganondorf than when I did last summer (??) it was still just as epic. Even more so with the improved graphics ;D

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

Soviet Titties v3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:48 pm
Akeyami
Seconding Koloktos. That was just a brilliant fight, with an awesome temple to match (my fav in SS!).

.......Also seconding Gohdan. My favorite WW boss, although not my favorite dungeon (one of the best though!). Agree with you that the music for the Molgera was epic too but the battle is always frustrating every time I do it. Stupid L-targeting confusion Dx

TP's Ganondorf fight. Four epic phases....a perfect finishing battle. Zant was pretty interesting too, and I also enjoyed the Fire Temple boss. Jousting with the ***** Bulbin was ******** awesome. I felt like a damn god. 8D

Although it felt too short, the Demise battle in Skyward Sword was amazing. The very definition of epic.

I loved the music for Koloktos too. ; - ;
Went I went in I thought it was going to be another Generic Use the Item on the Weak Spot battle...but it wasn't. It was actually really fun, a bit challenging as well.
It was just amazing.

TP Ganondorf was pretty fun too.

I haven't battled Demise. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm
Oh god.
Oh gawd.

I have a favourite boss battle for every 3D game I've played.

Ocarina of Time: Bongo Bongo and Twinrova.
Majora's Mask: Gyorg. I really hated the battle at first, but once I got the hang of it, I started to enjoy the unpredictability of where he was going to jump out from and all that. The second favourite in this game was probably all of the Majora fights, even though it went too fast for me.
Wind Waker: Jalhalla, but hands down my favourite mini-boss in that game has got to be Phantom Ganon.
Twilight Princess: I loved how detailed Morpheel was, but my favourite boss has to be Argorok, the dragon boss for the Castle in the Sky temple. My favourite Link reaction is with the Temple of Time's boss, Armogohma (you know,when you think you're done and Link's all: "******** yeah, eat s**t giant spider" but then nope! An eyeball!).
Skyward Sword: I can't say much for this since I haven't beaten it yet, buuuut, definitely Kolkotos is my winning favourite so far.

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

Buckets of Blood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm
Wow this is hard xP

From Ocarina of Time definitely Volvagia 8D

Major from Majoras Mask was pretty epic, especially if you have the Fierce Deity Mask.

I love love LOVE the Big Green Chu from The Minish Cap. I actually felt bad for killing it, it was kind of cute.

From the Wind Waker Jalhalla! He was sooo hard to defeat xD But when it split into these fat little multicolored poes is was really funny..

The stallord from Twilight Princess was also a really fun boss fight, and the boss itself was pretty awesome looking.

Aaaaaand from Skyward Sword, the Koloktos. That boss was hard. I got sooooo frustrated. But I had a deep sense of accomplishment when I finally beat it! :')  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:43 am
Meizzkey

Skyward Sword: I can't say much for this since I haven't beaten it yet, buuuut, definitely Kolkotos is my winning favourite so far.

Twinrova is cool, though fairly easy if you know what you're doing, but I really don't like Bongo Bongo. While I LOVE the Shadow Temple, the boss is just a goddamn nightmare. I love the concept, and yes the challenge is enjoyable, so that's why I don't HATE this boss, per se, but on every playthrough of OoT I've ever done I've Game Over'd at least once fighting him (with bottled fairies...Dx). As of last summer I couldn't get past him without GO!dying twice, happy to say I improved on the 3DS. xDD *fail*

I've beaten it and I can say confidently that I think Koloktos is not only the best boss of the game hands down, but also one of the best bosses of the entire series (at least from what I've played LOL)

O___o how have you not finished it yet?!?! I could hardly keep myself away from SS before I beat it! And even after I find myself yearning for it ever the more! O:

LOL

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

Soviet Titties v3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 am
Akeyami
Meizzkey

Twinrova is cool, though fairly easy if you know what you're doing, but I really don't like Bongo Bongo. While I LOVE the Shadow Temple, the boss is just a goddamn nightmare. I love the concept, and yes the challenge is enjoyable, so that's why I don't HATE this boss, per se, but on every playthrough of OoT I've ever done I've Game Over'd at least once fighting him (with bottled fairies...Dx). As of last summer I couldn't get past him without GO!dying twice, happy to say I improved on the 3DS. xDD *fail*

I've beaten it and I can say confidently that I think Koloktos is not only the best boss of the game hands down, but also one of the best bosses of the entire series (at least from what I've played LOL)

O___o how have you not finished it yet?!?! I could hardly keep myself away from SS before I beat it! And even after I find myself yearning for it ever the more! O:

LOL

I haven't beaten it.

>no ******** you, wii motion plus and eating up batteries in less than a day, when they're suppose to last about five days.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 am
Hm. This might be pretty hard to choose from lol.

Wind Waker: I loved the Helmaroc King. I enjoyed the fight and I just love his design. I always thought he was pretty and wished he wasn't bad so I could ride him everywhere lol.

Ocarina of Time: Bongo Bongo. I thought the fight was really interesting and pretty challenging. Last time I fought him I got out of there with a quarter health. I was glad I didn't use a fairy lol. I like the way he looks, so creepy and disgusting. I freaked out every time he rushed at me, but I like that about him too!

Twilight Princess: I adored Blizzeta (Yeta). She was so calm, peaceful and lovely and then she turned into a monster. Her fight was really fun and the scene/music/everything was beautiful. I especially love her phase two battle music. I also have a soft spot for the mini-boss Death Sword. He was a terror but he is positively gruesome and wonderful.

A Link to the Past: The Helmasuar King (lol helm love). The fight pissed me off at first with the fire balls, but it wasn't all that hard. Destroying helms are fun apparently, haha. He was also pretty cute. I wanted to keep him forever.

Oracle of Ages: Shadow Haaaag. She is just so hilarious and adorable. I like that the way to win the battle was to NOT look at her. It was pretty different to me.

Oracle of Seasons: Gleeok (I didn't realize Seasons has a s**t ton of recycled bosses from the first LoZ game). I don't really have a huge reason to this one. I just liked him. I liked jumping around with Roc's Cape in that fight. XD

The Minish Cap: The Gyorg Pair. That fight was fun as balls and pretty creative being in the sky with the thing and all. I also love the heart on the end of the female's tail, so cute. XD Yay more eye weak points lol. I guess stabbing something in the eye is the perfect way to kill it.

Phantom Hourglass: It's a tie between the Cubus Sisters and Gleeok. Both fights were so fun and apparently I like deflection s**t back at the enemy lol. The Cubus sisters had so much character, I really wished they weren't evil, but I kind of assumed so them being on a creepy old broken ghost ship. I liked Gleeok's fight because I thought it gave the grappling hook a pretty creative use against a big enemy. It took me damn forever to realize I could put the thing diagonally though. .-. /stupid

Spirit Tracks: Skeldritch and Byrne. The fight with Skeldritch was kind of challenging in my opinion when it came to hitting him on the back. I thought his design was pretty cool but also scary. xD He just kind of frightened me, not sure why. Byrne's battle/theme music is amazing and I really liked his character overall. I'm glad he ended up coming back to the good side. B)

Skyward Sword: I haven't beaten it either, but I think I'm close! XD I'm just going to jump on the Koloktos bandwagon as well. I found him to be a HUGE PAIN in the buttocks but he was really fun nonetheless. xD He was challenging without being overly obnoxious (like stupid Tentalus). I also have a soft spot for The Imprisoned. I found him adorable and hated having to kick his a** back into the ground. Though it was fun to fire at him with the Groosenator (I also enjoy Ghirahim, but I feel that's pretty self explanatory).

I TYPE TOO MUCH.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm
Soviet Titties v3
Akeyami
Meizzkey

LOL

I haven't beaten it.

>no ******** you, wii motion plus and eating up batteries in less than a day, when they're suppose to last about five days.
O:!!!!! Go!! Now!!!!!! xD

It's funny because I only ever ran into that problem towards the end of the game. :/ I kept seeing people comment about how Fi kept breaking the fourth wall about batteries like every other day whereas I hardly ever had to change them. Unless my brother just took care of it most of the time? LOL

@Yokies:......Wow. I feel inferior, a few of those games I haven't even finished yet. xDD I brough some of them with me though!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:16 pm
Akeyami
Oh, definitely an easy fight, I just love they're bickering at each other XD (especially after you destroy them).

But with Bongo-Bongo, I've never had any problems with him. o___o I have no idea why, but I just never died during his battle (well... when I was going through the game the first time, yes, but after that, I was fine). The only reason I died in the 3DS version was because I had completely forgotten you needed to use the Lens of Truth to find his eyeball. XD;;

Why do I keep calling him Kolkotos?! Ugh. XD;; I can never get names right when the game is still new (I catch myself calling the Silent Realms the Sacred Realm, BRAIN, Y U DO THIS TO ME!?).

It's those damn Silent Realms, I just can't shake 'em! It takes me days or even months to get the balls back to go through them. XD;; I'm such a p***y!

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:34 am
Meizzkey
Akeyami
Oh, definitely an easy fight, I just love they're bickering at each other XD (especially after you destroy them).

But with Bongo-Bongo, I've never had any problems with him. o___o I have no idea why, but I just never died during his battle (well... when I was going through the game the first time, yes, but after that, I was fine). The only reason I died in the 3DS version was because I had completely forgotten you needed to use the Lens of Truth to find his eyeball. XD;;

Why do I keep calling him Kolkotos?! Ugh. XD;; I can never get names right when the game is still new (I catch myself calling the Silent Realms the Sacred Realm, BRAIN, Y U DO THIS TO ME!?).

It's those damn Silent Realms, I just can't shake 'em! It takes me days or even months to get the balls back to go through them. XD;; I'm such a p***y!

Hee hee yeah definitely out of Zelda bosses in general Koume and Kotake are some of the best characterized ones.

O:..................Wow. I should get you a medal too. What I struggle with most is actually not seeing where is eye is (I can actually get it without the Lens of Truth most of the time, to save magic) but dealing with where and what his stupid hands are doing. Using the hover boots makes it easier to shoot at him as they compensate for the unstable ground, but conversely they make it super hard to move quickly to avoid his hands, and I'm bad enough at reading their movements to begin with.

LOOL Don't worry. it's definitely one of those names that's easy to confuse. It's probably an easier name to decipher in katakana. And I would say that in a way the Silent Realms are parts of the Sacred Realm, or at least connected to it somehow. When you get to Sky Keep you'll probably see what I mean :3 (that place is a convoluted b***h of a temple but awesome nonetheless xD there's almost nothing else in Zelda like it)

I would play them for you if I could. A million times over, even. 8DDD
LOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 pm
Akeyami
I'd want one of them to be my grandma. I would bring them tea and listen to their many stories. ; A ;

Oh man, I need the lens, I just carry a magic potion with me, just in case. XD In the N64 version, it was annoying because you'd have to open the screen to switch boots, so making them items made it a lot easier for the 3DS. XD;;

Plus, in my head, Kolkotos sounds a tad bit more badass than Koloktos. XD Just a bit! Oh god, I'm not looking forward to it. D; Skyward Sword, I love you man, but you may never get out of the friendzone if s**t like this keeps happening. XD

OH GOD, WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM AUSTRIA, TAKE THE WRONG PLANE TO TORONTO, I WILL PICK YOU UP, JUST TEXT ME. XDD

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

Princess Skylen

Generous Lover

8,300 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have so many boss battle favs, but I will only list my particular favorites here to save space and other people's time. lol sweatdrop

Ocarina of Time: Twinrova
Majora's Mask: Goht
WindWaker: Molgera
Twilight Princess: Blizetta
Spirit Tracks: Fraaz
Minish Cap: Vaati 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 am
Meizzkey
Akeyami
I'd want one of them to be my grandma. I would bring them tea and listen to their many stories. ; A ;

Oh man, I need the lens, I just carry a magic potion with me, just in case. XD In the N64 version, it was annoying because you'd have to open the screen to switch boots, so making them items made it a lot easier for the 3DS. XD;;

Plus, in my head, Kolkotos sounds a tad bit more badass than Koloktos. XD Just a bit! Oh god, I'm not looking forward to it. D; Skyward Sword, I love you man, but you may never get out of the friendzone if s**t like this keeps happening. XD

OH GOD, WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM AUSTRIA, TAKE THE WRONG PLANE TO TORONTO, I WILL PICK YOU UP, JUST TEXT ME. XDD
That would be so awesome actually O: I mean, they'd lived so long, they would be hellaz interesting! xD As long as they didn't try to kill me. I'd take the Mirror Shield along for safety, lol.

I ALWAYS FORGET TO TAKE THE GODDAMN MAGIC POTIONS WITH ME D: But thankfully like I said I can usually predict when and where his head/eye is coming at me. It's his damn hands that are the worst.

I think we can both say that for us Skyward Sword has come well past the friend zone at this point. At least by the end of the game you'll be sure to agree with me on that LOL (late reply is late)

I WOULD SO LOVE TO DO THAT except you totally wouldn't want to deal with jetlagged!Cel....if I do somehow land in Toronto you'll be the first to hear from me. xD

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

eAqua

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 am
User Image
I have too many favorite bosses. But I like Demise because his fighting style reminds me of Akuma from Street fighter. B]

..::The Hangout::..

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff