User ImageIt was a chilly day today! The birds were singing and starting to come back from their migration, however. No mater how chilly it was today was nothing compared to previous months of cold. Stretching out, Angie lt her claws dig into the winter hard earth. She came out of her make-shift den right next to the Pridelands and turned her head toward Priderock. Today would be the day she went there and asked to live there. In all her wanderings, that's what Angie really wanted to do. Every step she took was to find this specific pride and live here. She heard it was the happiest pride; families were always happy, cubs grew up to love and respect their parents and just everything was perfect. It was the absolute perfect pride for this lioness.

Sitting down, Angie started to groom herself. What kind of first impression would she make if came up to the pride like any normal wanderer? They'd think very little of her! But, if she came to the pride nice and clean with a sunny disposition, they'd think she'd fit right in!

It took some time, but finally she was clean, enough, and made haste to the pride that she'd spent her life trying to find. Nothing would ruin her day today! As she moved forward, her light purple eyes spotted a pale figure leaving the pride. Then more followed him and Angie tilted her head to the side. Was it a hunting party? How exciting! Grinning wide, the female moved over to the party slowly before calling out to them. Who wanted to startle hunters on the move?

"Hello there!" She called, making sure her voice was chipper, like the rest of her. Her body language said she was tired, but excited and happy. She hoped it also read that she wasn't a threat.

User ImageA light gray maned male turned his face towards her before the rest of the party did. After exchanging words with them, Caidieseach bid the party a good hunt before he came closer to this female. He was big, his fur was longer than any fur she'd seen before. Life in a mist pride had caused some interesting changes in the lions that lived there. After a few generations came him.

"Hello there! Who are you?" His voice came across like hers did, but his was a lot deeper, with a low rumble to it. His tangerine colored eyes looked her over and his brows kit a little. She looked like some members of the pride already. Perhaps she was a long lost relative of theirs? Either way, Caide knew he had a duty to preform like the one that brought him into this pride. "I'm Caideiseach..."

If he wasn't mated to Bahari, Caide probably would have looked at this female in a different light. However, since he had a mate and brand new cubs, he tended to lok at everyone in the fatherly way he used to with his first litter.

"I'm Angalia!" Why not give him her name when he gave his own? The darker lioness moved closer to him and grinned. Oh, he had pretty eyes! She'd never seen anyone with eyes like his. Blue, purple, brown, pink...? Yes, but pale orange eyes like that? Never. She shifted from paw to paw and tried to hold in her excitement. She couldn't help it. Things were just really exciting for her right now and were going so perfectly!

A handsom male had greeted her with a unique featrure on him. Now they would fall in love and have lots of cubs! She couldn't have asked for anyone better to greet her than him. His colors complimented hers just right. "I've wandered ever since I was a cub to find this pride! This is the Pridelands, right?"

Angalia? That was a differnt name. Caide pondered over it as he watched her and arched a brow. Her face was taking on a weird shape. Uh-oh... Bahari had this face from time to time as she watched him. Clearing his throat, he chuckled and sighed. "It is! Are you wanting to live here? My mate and I travelled a long ways to get here, too. I know how wary it is. You must be tired of walking!" He gave a booming laugh and moved to the side. "Come with me. I'll answer all your question!"

Mate? Her face fell when she heard that. Well, not everything could go right for her. Why would it? She hadn't done anthing to deserve her perfect, fairy tale ending to finding the pride. Oh, well. It wasn't like she was in love with Caide anyway. She just got her hopes a little too high. "Oh, yes. Living here is my dream. Ever since I was a cub, mother told me stories of this place and how wonderful and happy everyone here is. She said that there's no evil or bad things happening here. It's really peaceful and usually quiet and there's plenty of food for everyone!"

She nodded at her own talk and gave a little laugh. Even without the prospect of love in her head anymore, this was still fun. It'd been a while since she last talked to anyone. What if they just spent talking about nothing? That would be good too! So long as she could get in the pride and into a den by tonight, she didn't really care how long it took. "Is that all true? Is the Pridelands really the best pride there is?"

Caide had to blink and tilted his head to the side as she told him her childish beliefs. While he had to admit there wasn't much drama going on in the pride, Caide was highly doubtful taht it was as good as she said. "Uhm... There is plenty of food and is usually quiet. Every now and then something happens that'll excite the pride, but... I don't think it's as perfect as you might think. It's a pride, like any other, and not everyone here gets along. Personalities clash and.. Things happen. Maybe not extreme things, but it's... got it's own flaws."

He shook his head a bit and gave a laugh. "But.. Let's get you settled in. I need to return to the hunting party if I want to bring home food for my new cubs!" His chest puffed out with pride as he said that. Every dad was proud of their cubs. This might have only been Caide's second litter, but it was still new and exciting. He prayed it never got old.

Angie followed Caide with a nod, her dreams were now cracked, but not broken. It still seemed like the best place to live. It made sense that it wasn't as perfect as she made it out in her head. Not all lions got along, like Caide said. At least her head wasn't in the clouds anymore. She was still majorly excited about it, but not on a high like she had been. Still, Angie would follow him and continue to beat him down with questions.

Word Count: 1184