Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:23 pm
User Image

and

User Image

Deneb was exhausted. The last few months had been trying on her, more so that she thought possible. No matter how she'd wished to deny it, she'd come away from her last encounter with the kalona pregnant. With no where to turn, she'd abandoned the only place she'd thought of as a refuge and returned to a solitary life in the forest. That had been no easy task, especially when the foals came. Three of them, each placed in its own basket. Then she'd tried to recover, but to no avail. The day came when all three split their wicker. The boys, each nearly a spitting image of their father, if he could be called that, Deneb thought in one of her more bitter moments. The girl though...Deneb's cheeks burned, was this some new punishment upon her?

The red boy looked around after sorting out his legs and wings. He looked around rather imperiously before looking back at his mother. "So...is this it?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 pm
User Image

User Image

Xelloss was less worn out than Deneb but just as thrown off by recent turns of events. He had never really planned on breeding at all, let alone with a kirin. If he was doing anything with a kirin it should be eating one. Instead, he was standing nearby her and watching their children toddling around on unsteady legs.

He was mortified. There was only one proper-looking kalona among them. The other colt was clearly tainted with kirin blood, probably a lost cause. The filly though... Xelloss had no idea what to make of her. He had never known his parents so admitted that he could have some freaky plant thing in his lineage. Whatever it was, the wholesome look of it made him feel sick.

"... Lovely, aren't they?" His smile was strained and his tone was sarcastic.

The kalona boy hadn't yet figured out how to position his wings and tail so he didn't trip over them. He folded one wing properly but couldn't manage to get the second on top of it. He growled in frustration, then promptly tripped over a loose root. He fell to the ground in a confusion of limbs, flailing around helplessly.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm
Deneb opened her mouth to answer the colt then jumped slightly and turned to look at Xelloss. "I...They're..." she closed her eyes, she couldn't deal with his snide tone right now. She'd never really thought about being a mother before, her own mother had had hard enough time raising just her, the thought of raising three, one only the heavens knew what had happend to her, and the other two very kalona boys was making her twitch slightly. "I'll deal with you later." she snapped back at him. Her head then snapped around as the black boy fell in a tumble of legs and wings. She instinctively started toward him, then came up short. Would he want her help? She bit her lower lip then, let her instincts take over and helped the boy up. "Are you hurt?"

The red boy snorted as he watched his brother go down. It wasn't that hard in his opinion to sort oneself out, but then again he hadn't really tried walking. He watched Deneb help him up then looked over at his sister and then his father, well he assumed it was his father. "What are you looking at?" he asked trying to sound tough and puffing up his chest.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 pm
Xelloss was far from impressed by the red boy's swagger. He couldn't take anything trying to look dangerous at that age seriously. It was like a squirrel trying to menace a bear. "Hmmmm..." He frowned thoughtfully and tilted his head to one side. "I think..." He gave the foal another appraising look. "I think, your name should be Mud!"

He smiled brightly. If he gave the tainted kids idiotic enough names they would definitely get ridiculed through life. If they were ridiculed then they would grow up with bad attitudes. Even if all his kids weren't monsters like he was, bad attitudes was a start.

The black colt managed to roll himself over so he was lying on his belly. His wings were still splayed out around him but he at least was right-side-up. He squinted at his mother. It was difficult for him to form words, so he started slowly. "Not hurt... Mm not hurt." He blinked. That didn't sound right. "I'm not hurt." He looked up at Deneb, pleased that he managed it on his third try.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am
The little wings trembled in annoyance. "That's not my name!" he yelled and stamped his hoof getting prepared for a temper tantrum this part of the woods would long remember. "You can't call me that! That's not my name!"

Deneb smiled at the dark colt. "I'm glad." she nuzzled him quickly, still not sure if it was the right thing to do. She certainly would never nuzzle Xelloss...well not unless she was trying to aggravate him, but still the risk of teeth always made her think twice in the case of physical contact. A foal though...she certainly didn't want to alienate the boys, but...

Her head snapped around as she heard the other boy's voice rise. It didn't take an expert to know he as about to throw a fit. "Stop it!" she said, to neither Xelloss or the colt in particular, it was enough to just make them pay attention to her. "Don't antagonize him, and don't you listen to him." she said to each one respectively. "Of course your name isn't whatever he said." she said gesturing back to the stallion. "I already picked a name for you, Its Antares." she said hoping to calm the colt.

"Antares..." the colt said testing it out. "Antares..." he then smirked a bit. "I like it." he then looked over at Xelloss. "See. She said my name is Antares."

Deneb groaned quietly to herself. She could see this was going to go well. Her eyes then darted over to the filly...she'd remained silent up to this point. So strange...but beautiful too...where did she fit in in all this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:11 am
User Image

Quietly watching her brothers and parents, the young filly stood back as her wings flitted softly. She tried to approach the two adults, legs wobbly and steps slow, but after watching her brother topple over, she halted. Probably best to just stand here.. but as her mother glanced back at her, she gave a soft smile and took a deep breath, not really knowing what to say as she took another shot at walking, keeping a close eye on her feet before glancing up. They looked nothing like the others...  

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 am
"Antares? I don't think that suits him." Xelloss frowned at the red colt. Definitely not an Antares. He deserved a name more like Mud for his disgusting mixture of kalona and kirin features. A name like Antares might actually allow him to grow up normally and without mockery.

He glanced to where the filly was tottering around. His brow furrowed. What were those things on her back? Leaves? Wings? He had sired some sort of mutant flutter thing? Her ears weren't even the right shape. Everything about her was deformed and strange. "And you can be Applecore," he decided.

The black colt accepted the nuzzle without fuss. He even managed to clamber back up to his feet, though his wings were still in disarray. "Is my name Mud too?" He glanced from his mother to his father. "I don't like it." He snorted huffily with the decision.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 am
Deneb rolled her eyes upward. "I honestly don't care what you think of the names for the children. You're not the one who has to live with it." she looked down at the filly. "And your name is not Applecore," she said with a smile. She hadn't noticed at first but a faint scent of fresh cut grass, flowers, and the earth after a hard rain, drifted pleasantly up from the girl. "I...I'm not sure what to call you yet, but don't worry...you're not living with anything He's naming you." she said jerking her head back towards Xelloss, then gently nuzzling the little filly.

She then looked back at the black colt. "Of course your name isn't Mud, sweetheart." she said offering the pet name hesitantly. "Nobodies name is Mud, and that's final." she said adding an edge to her voice.

Antares snorted and looked over at Xelloss. "If Mother doesn't care what you think, I'm not sure I should either." he said archly.

Deneb took a deep breath and counted to ten before starting towards Xelloss, "Antares, stay out of this. You...look after your siblings for a moment." as she rammed her shoulder sharply into the stallion. She didn't expect him to budge, he still outweighed her a good bit, but it was more for affect. That she'd dare to make contact, not that she doubted he'd hesitate to have her throat out in front of the foals, but then who else would look after them? She certainly didn't think he'd tie himself down with them.

"I did not ask you here," she said quietly trying to keep the anger out of her voice with little success. "And I certainly did not ask for...This." she said, although deep down she felt sure she had. Even that brief moment of contact had sent little fishes up and down her spine, which she was doing her best to ignore. "If you cannot manage to keep your opinions to yourself, then you can leave." she snapped. "Not that I expect you to stay anyway, I don't exactly see you playing with foals and letting them call you 'Daddy.'" she said adding the last bit just to see if she could make him cringe. "So, stop messing with them, because in the end you'll be messing with Me." she finished and giving him a look.

Antares watched his mother bump into his father. He knew he was being a bit bold, but he didn't think he'd actually attempt to physically take on the big stallion. He briefly wondered what would happen if something happened to her, but then shook his head, and looked at his siblings. Well his brother was certainly normal enough, but his sister...He debated for a moment then carefully picked his way over to his brother. "Like this." he said showing slowly how he'd managed to furl his own wings. "S'not hard."

He then looked over at his sister, and tilted his head. "What are you supposed to be anyway?" he asked.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 am
As Sadira wobbled the rest of the way to her mother, her feet became surer with every step. Glancing at her father, she mumbled, "Ap-applecore?" That didn't sound very nice. Actually none of his names were very nice.. but she gave another small smile at her mother's kindness, accepting the nuzzle with one of her own before Deneb rammed into Xelloss. This didn't seem like it would turn out very well, but she doubted she could do a single thing about it, even saying anything would probably do nothing.

She glanced back at her brothers, looking between the two of them and back towards her wings. They looked nothing like theirs, but that didn't make sense. Flicking her tail lightly, she canted her head. "What am I... I-I don't know." Her eyes cast back down to her feet, especially to the winglets and swirls. "Why are we so different? We're siblings."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:22 pm
Deneb's bump against him caught Xelloss' attention momentarily. Much as he wanted to think he only hated her, something about her touch was captivating in no way he was familiar with. He looked at her and almost forgot about the foals that were scattered around them. He tried to convince himself that his strange emotion was thwarted desire to kill her, but he wasn't able to fool himself quite that well.

"Messing with them... right..." he muttered distractedly. Suddenly realizing what an idiot he was being, Xelloss snapped back to attention, eying the filly. "You probably don't look like the rest of them because your grandmother was a plant. On her side, of course." Xelloss flicked his tail at Deneb.

The colt watched his brother carefully. They shared the same sort of wings, the wings of their father. His father was too tall to look too closely at how he folded his wings, so he used his brother as an example. He carefully held out both wings at his side then folded them against himself. Finally, they rested properly against his sides. Now that they were out of the way he could focus on not tripping himself with his tail. He lifted his head proudly at this accomplishment.

Now that he had gotten himself sorted out, he turned his attention to his sister. "You're funny-looking."  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 pm
Deneb sighed slightly annoyed. It was obvious he hadn't really been listening to her, but that wasn't anything new really. But there had been something about his body language...she derailed that train of thought, he had probably just been daydreaming about how he was going to kill her one of these days. Well he'd taken just about everything else from her at this point...may as well let him finish the job, a thought that was oddly reassuring for some reason. Its not that she really wanted Xelloss to kill her, but it seemed sort of right that eventually he would literally be the death of her. It was oddly and in a deranged sort of way swe-- . She cut that train of thought off and snorted at the plant comment.

"I have no such things in my family! We're all Kirin." at least she thought so, she had vague memories of two older Kirin from when she was young, but she couldn't remember if they were her grandparents or not. "It doesn't matter though," she said going over to the filly. "You're my daughter, and that's all that matters..." she trailed off for a moment considering, "Sadira." she smiled finally having given at least two of the three foals names. "And I'm sure to her you two look funny." she said as she turned to look at the boys.

Antares opened his mouth to protest but then shut it. He snorted and figured it wouldn't do any good anyway. In his opinion there was no way they could look funny, Sadira, as he figured he should refer to his sister now, didn't even look anything like Mother or Father. They at least obviously belonged...even if they weren't entirely wanted, at least in Father's eyes it seemed.

"Fine." he finally said with a huff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 am
It was strange watching her parents interact. There was something there, that came from Xelloss' reaction, but Sadira wasn't able to place what was really going on. Were other parents like this? But the thought was lost as he brought his attention to her, her ears dropping at the combination of it and her brother's comment. "I'm... a funny-looking plant?" First Applecore, now a plant? There was no figuring exactly what she was! But Deneb's comment brightened the filly right up, and she gave her mother a small smile that had dropped over her new names.

"Sadira" she mumbled lightly, testing it out for herself. It was so pretty, and glancing back towards her brothers, she knew her new name was something she would wear proudly. Giving another smile between the two, she shook he head a little, "You guys don't look funny, everyone looks normal." Except her of course, but she wasn't going say that to them. She already felt a small separation between them, the differences between them that hung in the air, and she wasn't going to be the one to add to it, especially as she noted Antares' obvious protesting thoughts

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:44 am
"She might be your daughter but I really don't think she's mine." Xelloss peered skeptically at the newly named Sadira and failed to see any likeness in her. She had no shreds of kalona or kirin features. Her colors could be seen as vaguely related to theirs, but only if you squinted. The truly strange part of it was that she didn't even look like the basket she had slept in for the first months of life. It was almost as if someone had put the wrong foal in the wrong basket. Was that even possible?

"Hmmmm..." His disapproval turned to appreciation when he glanced at the black colt. He was the pure kalona of the bunch and automatically Xelloss' favorite. Deneb had named the others already, but this one would be his to raise and keep. "I think you'll be Xellra," he told him. It was mazoku tradition to impart the first half of your name to a favored offspring or servant. He'd teach Xellra the importance of that later in life.

"Xellra." Xellra tested the sound of the name and decided he liked it. It filled him with newfound confidence and he flapped his wings proudly. "I'm Xellra!" It was a nice gesture, but flapping around caused him to almost lose his balance and fall over again. He managed to stay upright but still staggered, losing any impressiveness he might have had.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 am
Whatever strangeness the filly had, Deneb decided she'd have to sort out her own thoughts later, probably whenever Xelloss decided to leave again. She didn't feel comfortable discussing how different Sadira was in front of her, like the little filly couldn't hear them, or had any feelings of her own. It was leaving a terrible taste in her mouth, well that among other things, but as she didn't trust Xelloss alone with the foals, she wasn't about to go wandering off for a drink.

She snorted softly at Xelloss's name for the little black colt. Seemed just like him to name something practically after himself. Of course it could be something traditional, a small part of herself said, which could be possible, she'd picked names that would have been traditional to her family. It wasn't like she really knew anything about his past, or family traditions. Not that one could have a conversation like that with him, nor did she wish to try at any point.

She watched in dismay as Xellra nearly tipped himself over again, but not only that managed to nearly knock over his brother. "Careful!" she called out, going over to see if she could help the boys.

Antares glanced over and gave his new named brother and appraising look. Of course Father had named him, somehow he'd seen that coming. It was obvious what the order of importance was going to be around here with him at least, Xellra on the top, possibly Mother, and then him and Sidira on the bottom, unless Mother ranked lower than them...he wasn't sure about that and it didn't seem likely. More likely was that the three of them shared the bottom rung together.

"Hey!" he called out as his brother's wing nearly smacked him in the face. He took a few steps back and nearly got his feet all tangled up trying to now avoid his tottering brother. He felt tempted to bite Xellra, for making him nearly fall over, but then thought better of it. He didn't hear the word of warning and got himself straightened up in time to see Mother come over to help.

He huffed when she touched her nose to him. "I'm fine." he said pulling away. He was sure accepting her help only lowered him further in Xelloss's eyes, and that was something he couldn't risk.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm
Mew's comp is still borked but have found a temp solution.

mewmew kittykat94

Sadira looked between her family members with a light smile. It was so nice that they all had names now. Although she found it a little... well, she wasn't exactly sure what she would term be... curious, perhaps, that Father named Xellra and didn't help with her or Antares' names, she didn't linger on the fact though. She couldn't shake the feeling that Xelloss thought very little of her, more so than anyone. It stung a bit to think that way; its not like she chose to look different. To n** at the nagging thought, she decided that she would just have to be the best daughter she could possibly... of course, that was probably easier said than done...But even if her efforts failed, Mother cared, and that mattered more than anything.

Giving a small wince at Antares nearly getting hit, she kept back, unsure on whether or not she should help or just stay where she was. She doubted either would want her help even if they toppled over. She kept her distance and watched, forcing a blank face even as she fought a small smile. Funny, her wings didn't cause anyone to fall over, even if they were rather big and strange looking. But her thought strayed back to the two, and she took a small step towards them without thinking, speaking lightly as she started, "Need any-" though her thoughts on assitance trailed off as her mother came over. With that, she did give a small smile, that everything was alright and was fixed with her... even if Antares didn't seem to want that help.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff