[PRP] Big Wings, Small Wings (Alaera & Yanamari) [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:43 pm
User Image

Yanamari crossed the meadow at a brisk trot. Her confidence regarding open spaces had improved greatly, however she still didn't really care for them. So the fast she could cross them the better. This one wasn't all that big, but it was still faster to cut across than hug the tree line to circle the majority of the outer edge. As she moved along Yana took mouthfuls of grass along the way. She was used to eating on the run so this wasn't entirely a strange occurrence. Soon she would need to stop for a rest and a nice drink but for the moment Yana was content to keep up the pace she had going. Having a few days to herself, since Cian was off visiting his family and she felt it was best for him to go by himself, one day she would go and visit them, when she was a bit better with strangers.

It didn't take long for her to reach the other side and for a moment she came to a stop, glancing back at the wide expanse of land that she had just crossed without any help. A smile crossed her lips. She had done it. It was another step on a long and winding road to success in getting herself a to live a normal life. Turning she ducked into the trees, only to find out it was just a small swath of them. About ten yards later she was standing at the edge of another meadow. A small sigh escaped her. This one was quite a bit bigger than the last. One down, one to go. With another sigh Yanamari set out, beginning her trek across this newest challenge.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 pm
User Image

Alaera had started early today, she even decided to let Nitor sleep in. He would likely be a bit upset that she went out on her own, especially into new and unknown territory, but she was a responsible adult, she could handle herself. Besides in the few months since they had arrived in this new land there hadn't been an ounce of danger or trouble to be seen. That didn't mean that were wasn't anything out there to be afraid of. She would still pay attention, not let her guard down. With her pack empty of the previous days worth of treasure hunting Alaera was hoping to return home with plenty to show to Nitor.

Of course this little trip out by herself wasn't just about treasure hunting. Alaera needed some time to herself away from the noise and activity of the herd to think on a few things. On one of their last ventures together they had come across a really lovely spot with a waterfall, plenty of protection and everything would want to find in a special place to call home.Living amongst the had it's many benefits but there were downsides to that life as well. And so she had wandered away from the herd to think of their options and what their next move would be.

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm
Bigger meadow meant it was time to step it up to a gallop, trot would mean it would take quite a bit too long to cross this area. Yanamari just wanted to get to someplace sheltered, at least for a little while to rest and calm herself. Hopefully after this meadow there wouldn't be another for a while. Even doing better with things there was only so much Yanamari could take before she would be begin to freak out over just about everything. Baby steps were to key to her success but sometimes the lay of the land was against her. With her mind on getting the other side as quickly as possible and her eyes on the line of trees Yanamari didn't see the smaller purple Soquili until it was too late.

Luckily in that split second before they were about to collide Yanamari unfurled her wings, giving them a mighty flap and kicked off with her back legs. It wasn't often she used her wings, but in times like this she was grateful to have them. Had she not been able to lift off the ground the smaller Soquili would have certainly been trampled under her hooves. And that would have been a terrible thing. Yanamari hated hurting others, even when her Kalona blood kicked in and she lost control over her actions Yana would always feel horrible afterward. Once she made certain she was clear to land, Yanamari set down and spun around. "Are you alright?" Hopefully the smaller mare was about to get clear, though she hadn't felt anything hit her hooves when she had taken off so there was little chance the mare was injured.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 pm
It all happened so fast. One moment she was deep in thought walking across a field of grass. The next a large blue Soquili was practically on top of her. Ducking her head Alaera kept running, though she saw hooves out the corner of her vision. When she heard the hooves touch down not far away Alaera came to a stop. Slowly turning around, her heart still racing in her chest, Alaera laid eyes on the large blue mare. Those wings, that tail, those were features the herd had been warned about. Those were features of a breed called Kalona, nasty things that hunted Soquili and other creatues for both food and pleasure. Yet, those scales were of another breed. And the way the mare spoke, she showed concern. Perhaps the other breeds blood counteracted he effects of the Kalona blood.

"I'm fine." Alaera assured the other with a smile. "I didn't see you coming there. Guess I wasn't paying much attention, was too busy thinking." She laughed. She hadn't been injured so there was no reason to be horribly worried about the experience. Best to move on. "You weren't running from anything were you?" She questioned glancing around. The mare had been running pretty fast after all and generally one only ran like that if something was chasing them. If there was danger in the area Alaera wanted to know about it.

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:50 pm
Yanamari blew an audible sigh of relief as the tiny mare stated she was fine. Had she injured her in any way then she would have felt terrible. "I wasn't paying much attention either. Just trying to cross the meadow as quickly as possible." Speaking of that, she had made it about half way before this almost collision. Now she would be stuck here. It was okay, this mare seemed nice enough so no harm should come to either of them. Of course the other mares question and balance behind her caused Yanamari to gaze out across the meadow as well. While she hadn't been running from anything it still couldn't hurt to check to make sure nothing was out there now.

"Oh no, I wasn't running from anything." She said with a bit of a laugh. "Though I suppose that it looked like I was. I don't much care for open spaces I'm not familiar with, so I try to cross them as quickly as possible." Finally she peeled her eyes away from the meadow and got her first good look at the other mare. Those wings...they looked awfully familiar, yet their placement was so strange and she had four of them. Just what breed was this tiny mare anyways? "I...don't think I have seen your kind before." She finally stated in a slightly confused tone. Had she been that blind to the world around her for so long that she didn't know all of the different types of Soquili that roamed this land? That was entirely possible. But still this mares features were so similar and yet profoundly different.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm
There was a small laugh that escaped the purple mare. Boy didn't they make an interesting pair. Both crossing the meadow and neither paying attention to where they were going or who might be around. Luckily it had ended well and this larger mare was friendly and they had not been injured in the near collision. Nitor would be both amused and probably troubled by this story. Perhaps she would skew the details a bit and not mention the fact that the nearly got trampled by the larger mare. As long as she returned home safe and sound her mate shouldn't be able to complain. He knew that she was prone to wandering off in search of treasures and that sometimes in doing so she got herself into trouble or dangerous situations but she always made it home.

"You aren't the only one. I much prefer to avoid areas like this if I don't know them well. But sometimes you have no choice. That's why I usually travel with my mate, that way we have two pairs of eyes looking out for any dangers." As the larger mare inspected her she too inspected the larger mare once more. Those wings, they were not that much different than her own. How curious that she had never known the similarities between them before. When they had been told about Kalona and their leathery wings she had never imagined that they would look like the ones that adorned her breed. "I am an Imp. We are new to these lands, so I'm not surprised you haven't seen any of my kind before. I have never seen one such as you as well. You are a mixed breed are you not? Kalona and...I'm not sure of the other breed." Speaking of the mares Kalona blood why was she running across the meadow when she had those wings, clearly she could use them. "Why not fly across open areas? Would it not be faster?" Or perhaps with her mixed blood the mare could only use them for short flights. She knew mixed breeds of the herd had lesser powers from their parent breeds so the same hold true for these larger breeds.

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm
That was completely unexpected. Yanamari, while she hadn't mean very many Soquili in the past, had never met another that did not like open spaces. Perhaps her fears weren't that strange after all. Everyone had fears right? It was normal. She was certain that even Kalona had fears. And this mare shared one of her biggest fears. That made her relax just a bit more. It was encounters like this one that gave her the hope that one day she would conquer most if not all of her fears. If others had a fear of open spaces then there were likely others as well who feared new faces, or new situations or any of the other fears that compounded her life. Yes she was glad to have run into this mare, though the situation on how they initially came together could have gone a bit better. One step at a time, she told herself mentally, one step at a time.

"It is better to have two sets of eyes. I often travel with a friend of mine for that same reason, but he is visiting with family for a few days so I am on my own." She couldn't help but tip her head to the side. An Imp? And they were new to these lands? So she wasn't as removed from society as she had initially thought herself to be. "How long have you been here then?" The next part caused her to step back. This mare knew she possessed Kalona blood and yet did not run. What a strange thing. Few accepted her so freely knowing of her unfortunate parentage. "Yes." She said somewhat hesitantly. "I am Kalona and Kirin mix. And I don't fly because I prefer not to even if it is faster for traveling."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:22 pm
She watched as the other mare stood quietly for a few moments, perhaps thinking over the answer to the questions. Alaera didn't mind the wait, sometimes it took a few moments to form the right answer. Heavens knows she took her time when it came to certain questions, especially those that were suddenly thrust at her out of no where or those she was not quite prepared to answer without notice. Instead she let her gaze slowly sweep over the meadow they were standing it, just double checking that nothing else had entered since they began to speak. All was clear and quiet out there. She nodded slightly as the mare explained that she too often traveled with a companion but at the moment that companion was tied up with family. Alaera knew how that went, though sometime it wasn't family but herd duties that kept Nitor put while she took to wandering.

"We've been here for a few months now. Long enough to get settled in but there is still much of the land we haven't explored and things we do not know yet." Ah Kirin, yes now that the mare mentioned that breed Alaera remembered some passing Soquili of the scaled breed. The scales were such an interesting feature now that she could see them for herself. Reminded her somewhat of the Quilin that were a part of the herd, though their scales were slightly different. The reason as to why the mare didn't fly seemed to be a decent one. Why fly when you preferred to walk? "That makes sense. I suppose if I had the ability to fly but preferred to walk I too wouldn't fly unless I had to."

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:08 pm
Yanamari nodded her head thoughtfully. That could explain why she had yet to see any of these apparent new breeds. Tending to stay away from others was certainly a factor in this but so was the fact that they hadn't been here for all that long. And admittedly most of her attention was on Cian lately. She missed the stallion greatly whenever he went to visit his family and she hoped he would return soon. In the mean time she was alone, well with the exception of right now since she was talking to this Imp mare. But eventually the mare would leave and that would mean she would be on her own again. Good thing Yanamari liked being alone...to a certain extent at least. Even since she met Cian her view of the world had changed quite a bit. Alone wasn't as appealing, not when he could be there instead.

It was then that she suddenly realized that she had not yet introduced herself to this mare. Ah the joys of living a mostly antisocial life was that when she finally met someone she rarely knew what to do or say. "Oh....I'm Yanamari...it's nice to meet you." She said with a nervous if not embarrassing laugh. Though since they had been talking for a while now she doubted the mare cared that they had skipped over such details.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 pm
Had it not been for Yanamari finally introducing herself Alaera might have continuing chatting as they had been. She had been so caught up in the initial encounter and conversation that her own introduction had been completely forgotten. Thank goodness they had both forgotten! With a bit of a laugh Alaera spoke once more. "It's good to officially meet you Yanamari. I'm Alaera." Now she at least knew the mares name, as did the other mare now knew hers. Unfortunately she had also already been away from the herd a lot longer than she had planned, so their conversation would need to be cut short.

"I hate to run after getting your name but I fear my mate may start to worry about me if I am gone for much longer. It would be nice if we could meet and talk again sometime." She said in a cheerful tone. "I don't know how long you plan to stay in this area but I often wander though this area so perhaps we could run into each other again." Alaera let out a bit of a laugh at this point. Hopefully not literally run into each other again, but it would be nice to meet up and have another conversation with the large blue mare. Either way, if Yanamari was willing to she would certainly find time to make her way out here and spend some time with a new friend, Nitor certainly wouldn't mind if she did, as it would mean he would get a break from the treasure hunting runs, and this meadow wasn't all that far from where the herd currently lived.

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm
Alaera. Now she knew the name of the mare she had almost run over. Yet as unpleasant as the initial part of their meeting was, Yanamari was happy that it had happened or else she might have never met Alaera. This was also a huge boost to her confidence as it proved that she didn't need Cian there to help her along in meeting new Soquili. Now, that didn't mean she would go up to every stranger she saw and introduce herself to them, but it was certainly a step in the right direction and even the smallest of steps made a huge impact on the future. One step at a time, she kept telling herself, one step at a time.

Giving her head a shake Yanamari brought herself back to the present. Oh, Alaera wanted to meet again. Well..she didn't see a reason not to. This place was safe, she didn't have anywhere else to be for the next few days, and Alaera really did seem like nice company. "I'd like that. I should be around for a few more days." Perhaps she could learn more about Imps in their next conversation. "But..I won't hold you up any longer today. I'll hopefully see you around tomorrow then." Now she really couldn't wait to see Cian again and tell him all about this experience. Surely he would be proud of her for this, as he was for everything she did both alone and with him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:36 pm
At first she somewhat expected Yanamari to decline meeting again. The mare had been so nervous at first, yet now she had opened up quite a bit. It would honestly have been a shame if she decided not to come here again. But to Alaera's delight the mare agreed. With a broad smile Alaera nodded her head. "I'm glad to hear this. I will be free from any herd duties I may have by mid afternoon. Perhaps we can meet here tomorrow at that time." It would be nice to spend time away from the herd, while she loved her herd and more importantly her mate Alaera knew the importance of time away from the familiar...even if it meant taking a break from her true passion of treasure hunting.

"Well, I hope I see you here tomorrow." Alaera said with a friendly smile. "If I don't, then take care of yourself Yanamari and if you are ever in the area again don't hesitate to look for me. I'm always happy to have some girl time." She said with a laugh. With a nod of her head Alaera turned and headed back the way she had come from. Hoping Nitor wouldn't be too worried about her by the time she got back. And hopefully nothing would distract her on the way, but as Alaera knew all too well if she spotted something interesting along the way chances are she would need to investigate, if not acquire it, before continuing.

She-Ra of Etheria

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff