Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a 4E game? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm
I'm still new to the 4E system, and am looking to run a test adventure to see how the game flows from a DM's perspective. It'll be a low-level stand-alone, but if there's enough interest, I may run something a bit more extensive in the future. Ve shall see vhat ve shall see.

For this game, I'll be looking for 3-6 players. If you're interested, respond with a post describing your experience with 4E and/or RPGs in general. Also, include about 2-5 lines detailing a character concept you've been wanting to try.

Cheers

Title Pending
Starting Level: 5th
Ability Generation: Point-buy
Setting: Custom
Sources: As per the DDI Character Builder*
Starting Gold: 840
Magic Items: One level 6, one level 5, one level <5. Additionally, magic consumables costing less than 100gp may be purchased as mundane gear.
Backgrounds: Yes, but run it by me.
Themes: No.

*With the following Exceptions: Genasi, Warforged, Dragonmarks, and Spellscars. Any content pertaining to the above is prohibited.

Party Note: This adventure does not require that your characters have worked together, or even know each other. The nature of any pre-adventure relations is up to the players to decide. However, do bear in mind that your character's personalities must be agreeable enough to work with others.

Players
1. wabbradford: Half-Orc Fighter
2. Rain Yupa: Eladrin Rogue
3. Absolute Virtue: Human Wizard
4. KytanaTheThief: Wildcard
5. Suicidesoldier#1: Goliath Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 pm
As a forward: I will only take a spot if there are any left over by the time recruitment is over. If it fills up, then disregard my post entirely.

Hi, I'm Rain! I've played D&D on a regular basis since a little after the release of 3rd edition. Upon the release of 4th edition, my group has drifted away from D&D in general (much to my dismay), though I've managed to keep up with getting experience in the game from here in the guild (check the post count!) and via local conventions. I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch, but I have a solid foundation of knowledge of the edition's mechanics, and I strongly favor it over its predecessors.

There is two character concepts that I want to try. The first is a sociopathic Eladrin Rogue with the Ruthless Ruffian build (MP1). Normally the Eladrin are seen as the epitome of culture and dignity, and I want to play something from the bottom of their barrel for a change. The second would be a Deva Ranger with the Boar Beast Companion option (MP1), because a being of pure patience and good with a lifebond with a beast that is rage incarnate strikes me as... a challenging roleplaying experience.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 pm
I'm interested, I just started playing so I'm not too experienced but I really want to get the opportunity to play a lot of different stuff.

There's a lot of different characters I want to try, but right now I'm really too tired to think of anything coherent.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm
I started running Keep on The Shadowfell just before 4e launched and have been ongoing since then. Started gaming with AD&D2e and jumped on board with 3e and 3.5. Also played Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Ironclaw, All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

I've wanted to be a monk who dresses like a clown. He reveres love and beauty and uses comedy while he smashes his foes. He sings recites nonsensical rhymes while performing his katas.

Also, a cabal necromancer, a black knight, a satyr bard, a dragonborn wielding a lightning spear.

edit: Rain just reminded me of the Dragonborn Ruthless Ruffian bandit king I wanted to play  

Arc Vembris
Crew

wabbradford

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm
Hey!

I Dungeons and Dragons (4E) with a group in person, and I function as the Dungeon Master, and I know the rules well. I do not often play as a player, because no one in my group grasps the rules or has the planning time, but when I am player, I'm pretty good at that too.

I plan to play a Half-Orc (PH 2) Fighter with the Brawling Fighter Build (MP2). With this character, I want to try and play the stereotypical battle-loving orc, but I also want to try and make him constantly be trying to be a valued, civilized, welcomed member of society, so he'll constantly be at war with his brute Orcish instincts.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm
OOH OOH!

PICK ME!

I love anything 4E!

Also I like muffins. blaugh

Oh, and uh Dragon Barbarians and or a Striker Paladin.

Dragon Barbarians are virtually only playable if they can go strength/con though *pouts*  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm
Hmm... tempting...

I'm a regular 4e player, although lately many of my conquests have been alternate systems. After reading the heroes of feywild, im tempted to play a Pixie, though I can't decide between a rogue, which seems sterotypical of them, or a more challenging Roleplaying situation, as a Pixie Cleric, which contrasts a Pixie's natural childlike and selfish behavior with training and generosity. Of course, I could try the strangest option of them all and be a Pixie Warlord.... Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:56 pm
Vampfighter1
Hmm... tempting...

I'm a regular 4e player, although lately many of my conquests have been alternate systems. After reading the heroes of feywild, im tempted to play a Pixie, though I can't decide between a rogue, which seems sterotypical of them, or a more challenging Roleplaying situation, as a Pixie Cleric, which contrasts a Pixie's natural childlike and selfish behavior with training and generosity. Of course, I could try the strangest option of them all and be a Pixie Warlord.... Any suggestions?

That sounds really cool! I like the idea of the huge, strong half-orc character I plan to make fallowing the orders of a little Pixie warlord. It puts a funny image in my mind.  

wabbradford

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:54 am
Rain Yupa
As a forward: I will only take a spot if there are any left over by the time recruitment is over. If it fills up, then disregard my post entirely.

Hi, I'm Rain! I've played D&D on a regular basis since a little after the release of 3rd edition. Upon the release of 4th edition, my group has drifted away from D&D in general (much to my dismay), though I've managed to keep up with getting experience in the game from here in the guild (check the post count!) and via local conventions. I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch, but I have a solid foundation of knowledge of the edition's mechanics, and I strongly favor it over its predecessors.

There is two character concepts that I want to try. The first is a sociopathic Eladrin Rogue with the Ruthless Ruffian build (MP1). Normally the Eladrin are seen as the epitome of culture and dignity, and I want to play something from the bottom of their barrel for a change. The second would be a Deva Ranger with the Boar Beast Companion option (MP1), because a being of pure patience and good with a lifebond with a beast that is rage incarnate strikes me as... a challenging roleplaying experience.

I can't stand sociopath characters.

I hate them with a passion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, folks.

Ideas are taking shape, see the top post for details.  

Sardonic Smite

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:41 am
Vampfighter1
Hmm... tempting...

Pixie warlord is interesting. Would he/she be of an unbecomingly "to-the-point" manner, or would they struggle with their nature versus their training?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 am
Suicidesoldier#1

Oh, and uh Dragon Barbarians and or a Striker Paladin.

Dragon Barbarians are virtually only playable if they can go strength/con though *pouts*

Muffins are indeed tasty. As are Thaneborn Barbarians who can properly abuse the Intimidate skill. wink  

Sardonic Smite

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:46 am
wabbradford

I plan to play a Half-Orc (PH 2) Fighter with the Brawling Fighter Build (MP2). With this character, I want to try and play the stereotypical battle-loving orc, but I also want to try and make him constantly be trying to be a valued, civilized, welcomed member of society, so he'll constantly be at war with his brute Orcish instincts.

The civilized/noble Half-Orc happens to be one of my favorite character concepts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 am
Arc Vembris

edit: Rain just reminded me of the Dragonborn Ruthless Ruffian bandit king I wanted to play

Two ruthless ruffians would be interesting, and rather appropriate given the gritty nature this game will likely take on.  

Sardonic Smite

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 am
The Infernal Auditor
Vampfighter1
Hmm... tempting...

Pixie warlord is interesting. Would he/she be of an unbecomingly "to-the-point" manner, or would they struggle with their nature versus their training?

If I was to be a Warlord, It would probably be either an Ambusher (Which would coincide with the nature of the Feywild) or a Tactitican (which would help create conflict between nature and training)..... Hmm.... Thinking thinking thinking....... And in relpy to dear Wabbradford. Imagining that literallly made me cry from laughing too much. some 7'0" hulking beast of a soldier, taking orders from someone who isn't even a 1'0" tall, and has freaking butterfly wings.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff